• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Mindlog

Patch notes UPDATES:
Eric Fagnan wrote...

The following items will also be part of the patch:

-Can now headshot Banshees, Geth Primes, and Brutes for an extra 40% weapon damage.
-Can now shoot the Atlas’ exhaust port on his back for an extra 40% weapon damage.

Derek Hollan wrote...

The PS3 splash screen issue is fixed in this patch.

Other fixes listed are exactly that. They are fixes. They are neither buffs nor nerfs. They are to address issues to ensure things are working as intended.

For example, it was never our intention for Sabotage to be stackable. You were never supposed to be able to grab Geth Pyros over cover, etc.

The Krysae fix will indeed allow us to revisit this weapon and bring it "back to life."

Cheers

[smiley redacted] - ed

_____
"Players can no longer grab Geth Pyros over cover"
Hah!

Pretty big buff to Singularity and a nice buff to Turian Soldier. Marksman now reloads the weapon like Adrenaline Rush. I swapped posts so I don't kill the top of the page. Full patch notes are available on the previous page.

One more big change.
"- Successfully extracting from a match gives 10% bonus credits. This reward does not depend on your squad members – you must extra personally to get the reward."

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Nice big list of fixes. Don't see anything about the Paladin Energy Drain not working properly when you're not the host though. =/

But the extraction extra 10% credits is pretty nice.

And the Justicar power fix is going to make her AOE Reave even more powerful haha.

nel e nel

One more big change.
"- Successfully extracting from a match gives 10% bonus credits. This reward does not depend on your squad members – you must extra personally to get the reward."

How timely since we'd been discussing this the past couple of pages.

exYle

Some good changes here! I'm really impressed with -

- Fixed Flamer power of Vorcha from being activated simultaneously with the Reegar Carbine
Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

X-Frame

If all actually has been fixed as intended, the KroGuard is now cemented as Tier SSS. Yikes, less staggering, fixed biotic charge, and fixed Rage tree?!

They need a new difficulty for him. :)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Brutes really don't need a headshot bonus. They're pretty easy to take down as it is.

Omega

Banned
You were never supposed to be able to grab Geth Pyros over cover, etc.

LOL.

goodbye Firebase White/Geth/Gold.

If all actually has been fixed as intended, the KroGuard is now cemented as Tier SSS. Yikes, less staggering, fixed biotic charge, and fixed Rage tree?!

They need a new difficulty for him. :)

He'll be good but no character will ever be better than the Geth Infiltrator.

I'm pretty sure he can make the N7 Eagle look OP.

They've needed to make a new difficulty for the GI for the longest time, platinum just doesn't cut it. It's a cakewalk solo with him

Cake Boss

Banned
How does one upgrade their weapon to level 10. Is it through the store of finding the upgraded weapon or through use? I have been using the Mantis for a while now and its still just at Mantis II.

exYle

How does one upgrade their weapon to level 10. Is it through the store of finding the upgraded weapon or through use? I have been using the Mantis for a while now and its still just at Mantis II.

You get it through the store.

Mantis X is a beast weapon for newcomers, I recommend spamming recruit packs. You'll also get a really great base of consumables for future use.

Omega

Banned
You gotta buy packs.

Sounds like you're new to the game. Here's my advice, stick to only buying Recruit Packs until you've maxed out your entry level weapons (Katana, Avenger, Mantis, Shuriken, Predator) then move onto Veteran. Do the same, and only move onto Spectre once you've maxed out all your uncommon weapons.

1. It's a quicker way to build up consumables (missiles, ops packs, thermal clips and medigels)

2. Instead of wasting 60k on Spectre packs like most people do, you'll max out all your weapons quicker and build up ammo/armor/weapon bonuses.

Whether you're just going for the achievement to get a weapon up to level X or actually interested in playing the MP, this is the best approach. Sure it sucks because you don't get any "good" weapons for awhile but a Mantis, Mattock and Phalanx are more than good enough.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ah damn it I wasted a bunch on the higher packs and all I got was some characters, I just bought 3 recruit packs and I got more weapons and upgrades than the past packs I bought.

Also why is there not many games on Gold difficulty?

Mindlog

Yeah, I got tired of waiting for random lobbies.
I switched to me hosting with whatever class I wanted in whatever setting. Paladin on Unknown/Cerberus/Gold is a favorite. I just solo until people join.

For whatever reason this is working like I never imagined possible. I'm consistently joined by really good players. General game quality has sky-rocketed. When we're making good time people start cobra bombing spawns. When someone goes down we automatically use medi-gel to get back up faster.

It's making me a little too reckless against Phantoms. I've started jumping into their flocks just swinging away with my shield. I come out the winner more often than not, but when I die my body is in their midst. If I don't medi-gel someone comes after me. If I do medi-gel there's a very high change of an insta-kill. Either way I don't have to worry about the team because I'm fairly confident they can carry the end of a wave. I'm not used to that!

Omega

Banned
i hate public and gave up on it a long time ago. recently went back when I got the game on Xbox and instantly regretted it.

when an N7 20 carries a team on FBWGG that's just sad. All I have is a Mantis V..how am I carrying? and yes I mean carrying, not just having the top score. I was the last one alive multiple rounds since it's apparently against the ToS to use consumables on FBWGG and had to clutch it.

I'm sure there are some good players out there in public but fuck it. Most of them do nothing but make the game harder.

Sai

Really liking a lot of those changes... I just hope most of them actually work this time. -_-

Maaannn, that Singularity buff. Gonna love it!

Mindlog

Yeah, I don't know what else to say. My pubs have been out of this world fantastic as of late.

Dropped in for two maps. First map I take out the Justicar for no good reason and on Giant we tear it up. I get grabbed twice by wall jumping Banshees and twice the rest of the team carried the map. Not that it matters, but top score is a Fury and myself in a dead heat with another Fury not too far behind. A late third-person did pretty well.

With two Furies I decided to join in.
Three Furies and another random on U/R/G.
We draw White.
Not a single person heads for the interior. We're all at the top of the ladder.
Wave starts.
We charge in separate directions.
The biotic explosions never stopped.

Three Furies fully exploiting their Annihilation Fields.
It's neat.

Bisnic

Haven't really had trouble with pugs either, if anything some of them use their medigels too fast instead of saving them when its really necessary and no one can reach them in time, or waste their missile on a single Atlas.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Singularity buff... sweet jesus. Throwing a singularity into a mob while playing with a bunch of other biotic users. Dios mio.

And Asari Justicar just got more godlike.

Haven't really had trouble with pugs either, if anything some of them use their medigels too fast instead of saving them when its really necessary and no one can reach them in time, or waste their missile on a single Atlas.

A single atlas at half armor when it's the last enemy of the wave. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'll wait till I see it before being happy, but if Biotic Charge really is fixed, along with Rage, I can finally play as a Krogan Vanguard again. But that also means I'll have to re-spec him first.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Some good changes coming. Singularity boost is nice and so is the credit reward for extracting. Maybe the pyros becoming ungrabbable will mean more real gold difficulty games!

Speaking of which I decided to be brave and play some gold games. My psp rewards? Phoenix Adept, N7 Vanguard, N7 Piranha and a Talon! Cool stuff, I'm glad I did it. Singularity and lash or smash will be fun. The Piranha is a cool gun too, it might contend with Crusader to be my favourite in the game.

- Fixed an issue with enemies approaching a downed player to execute, but showing mercy and leaving

D:

ahhh, good patch. i'm not sure about not being able to grab Pyros though, kinda doesnt make sense since you can grab other geth that are the same size. oh well.

Ops Survival Packs better work properly now, i've wasted the last 7 because they just didnt work. i use one, then die immediately. again and again. hope that 1 second invincibility actually makes it work.

Sai

Barrage Upgrade & Harrier IV from two PSPs. One more unlock for the Barrage Upgrade, and I'll have all of my Gear maxed out!

The Harrier IV made up for putting a dang Human Female Adept card in that second PSP. :p There shouldn't even be a chance of those Common cards appearing in Spectre/Premium Spectre Packs.

i'm not sure about not being able to grab Pyros though, kinda doesnt make sense since you can grab other geth that are the same size.
But the Pyros have those fuel packs on their back and walk all slow, thus indicating they are heavier. LAWJIK!!1

I'm okay with it, it'll make WGG a bit more troublesome. Perhaps force people to mix it up a little bit.

Omega

Banned
October 2, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT-12 Raider Shotgun now available as a new Rare weapon

Gear Items
- Decreased bonuses from Densified Ammunition to max out at 10% instead of 12%
- For the following items, any bonuses that maxed out at 10% now max out at 12%
- Berserker Package
- Operative Package
- Commando Package
- Warfighter Package
- Expert Package
- Stronghold Package
- Guerrilla Upgrade
- Combatives Upgrade
- Shock Trooper Upgrade
- Juggernaut Shield
- Martial Biotic Amp
- Omni-Capacitors

Singularity Power
- Singularity duration decreased to 8 seconds in preparation for the re-design of the power in the upcoming patch

Shockwave Power
- Rank 3 force bonus increased from 20% to 25% (May 9 balance changes missed this)

Wraith Shotgun
- Damage increased from [102.3-127.8] to [117.6-147.0]

Crusader Shotgun
- Damage increased from [573.4-716.75] to [630.7-788.4]

Argus Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [131.8-164.8] to [164.8-206.0]

Black Widow Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [514.1-642.6] to [591.2-739.0]

Also they leaked a gear named Responder Gear. Obviously part of the new DLC, probably based on a new medic ability.

Bisnic

October 2, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT-12 Raider Shotgun now available as a new Rare weapon

Gear Items
- Decreased bonuses from Densified Ammunition to max out at 10% instead of 12%
- For the following items, any bonuses that maxed out at 10% now max out at 12%
- Berserker Package
- Operative Package
- Commando Package
- Warfighter Package
- Expert Package
- Stronghold Package
- Guerrilla Upgrade
- Combatives Upgrade
- Shock Trooper Upgrade
- Juggernaut Shield
- Martial Biotic Amp
- Omni-Capacitors

Singularity Power
- Singularity duration decreased to 8 seconds in preparation for the re-design of the power in the upcoming patch

Shockwave Power
- Rank 3 force bonus increased from 20% to 25% (May 9 balance changes missed this)

Wraith Shotgun
- Damage increased from [102.3-127.8] to [117.6-147.0]

Crusader Shotgun
- Damage increased from [573.4-716.75] to [630.7-788.4]

Argus Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [131.8-164.8] to [164.8-206.0]

Black Widow Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [514.1-642.6] to [591.2-739.0]

Also they leaked a gear named Responder Gear. Obviously part of the new DLC, probably based on a new medic ability.

ANOTHER Crusader damage buff? Damn, isn't that like the 3rd time recently?

How's the Raider shotgun in the campaign?

Mindlog

The Raider is going to be a fun close-range shotgun on PC.
The amount of reload canceling necessary might make it a chore to use on console. Still feeling that out.

Bisnic

The Raider is going to be a fun close-range shotgun on PC.
The amount of reload canceling necessary might make it a chore to use on console. Still feeling that out.

How is reload canceling different on consoles? I thought you just had to use a power or get in/move out of cover once the ammo number reset?

Mindlog

How is reload canceling different on consoles? I thought you just had to use a power or get in/move out of cover once the ammo number reset?
You can, but if you don't actually want to trigger the power then you're boned. Even using A on large characters is a little slower than what's possible on PC. On PC it's really easy to tap 1 and fire again. The Raider gets a huge boost from maximum reload canceling.

**Someone else brought up a good point. This shotgun might be a monster on Turian Soldiers when the patch comes out.

*The original patch notes included a Responder Loadout?

Sai

Man, the Crusader is turning into a monster.

I wish they applied these weapon buffs to single player.

How's the Raider shotgun in the campaign?
Very fast firing rate for a shotgun, extremely wide spread, but great damage. At X, I think it'd be a wonderful match with the Krogan Vanguard.

Seeing as how they've added the Argus & Raider into the mix, and made the BF3 Soldier available to everyone, I'm betting the Collector Rifle will be next.

Bisnic

Sayin' it like it's already been confirmed, bro. :D

At this point, they would be stupid not to add those guys as new enemies. Everyone is expecting them, and the long wait between the Earth DLC and this one gives it more hype/expectations. :p

Omega

Banned
Sayin' it like it's already been confirmed, bro. :D

lol yeah cuz im just hoping it's actually true.

this game is too easy vs Cerberus or Reapers. it's just annoying as fuck against Geth which is why I don't play them

I'm hoping that a new enemy comes which is somewhere in the middle.

Bisnic

Slowly getting there... can't believe i still havent maxed everything with the millions of credits i've spent. Especially Juggernaut Shield still stuck at rank I, and i love my Kroguard and Shadow, which would be great for them. :(

ddHPw.png

Meanwhile... i.still.don't.have.a.fucking.Harrier.

Just got the Argus AR. any good when I already have the Harrier? (wich melts enemies HP away like butter btw)

fake edit: Oh it's a new weapon. And I get it immediately? And I still miss about 4-5 characters? Lolrandom.

Slowly getting there... can't believe i still havent maxed everything with the millions of credits i've spent. Especially Juggernaut Shield still stuck at rank I, and i love my Kroguard and Shadow, which would be great for them. :(
I rarely invest in PSP's anymore, the payoff is way to risky for 99k, I'm sticking to regular SP lately and got some decent stuff but still, I'm missing a lot of characters would love to play a Asari Justicar and I'm missing all the new engineer and sentinel classes (Male quarians and N7's)

Too busy with BL2 and Soon Halo 4 to be playing this, Its fantastic but unless some DLC comes along soon i wont be investing any time for the foreseeable.

Come on DLC,

exYle

Operation-Overdrive-1024x602.jpg

Operation OVERDRIVE (October 5th-7th)

Based on intel recovered during Operation PATRIOT, we are anticipating a massive strike from the Reapers on multiple fronts. Our information officers and special-ops teams stationed behind enemy lines require immediate extraction.

Squad Goal: Full extraction on any map at any difficulty in 20 minutes or less. Squads can be any size.

Allied Goal: Complete 200,000 extraction waves on any difficulty. Squads can be any size. Full extraction not required.

Special Circumstance: None

Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/03/operation-overdrive/

Bisnic

I like that guy on BSN who replied to EatChildren about his idea on making multiplayer F2P seperated from the main game to attract more players, and saying how EA shouldn't follow the example of greedy companies like Valve. And lets not ignore the rest of the post where he praise ME3 has some kind of perfect game.

(Because EA is totally not a greedy company am i right?)

And EatChildren just said "Oh." :lol

This reminded me how i should only use BSN to check for Bioware posts and hints and forget that the community exist.

Bisnic

Gui_PT

I'm not sure i understand what you're saying? How did they made things more difficult?

Also, patch will be live today!

I downloaded an update today

A few things changed that seem to make it a bit more difficult.

The Prime's combat drones actually do stuff and aren't you supposed to not be able to cover grab pyros?

Bisnic

I downloaded an update today

A few things changed that seem to make it a bit more difficult.

The Prime's combat drones actually do stuff and aren't you supposed to not be able to cover grab pyros?

Not being able to cover grab pyros is just an attempt to "nerf" Geth Gold White. I barely cover grab enemies otherwise, dont think it will have much of an effect for me personally.

Not sure what they did with Primes drones though. Do they have a stunning shock or something?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I like that guy on BSN who replied to EatChildren about his idea on making multiplayer F2P seperated from the main game to attract more players, and saying how EA shouldn't follow the example of greedy companies like Valve. And lets not ignore the rest of the post where he praise ME3 has some kind of perfect game.

(Because EA is totally not a greedy company am i right?)

And EatChildren just said "Oh." :lol

This reminded me how i should only use BSN to check for Bioware posts and hints and forget that the community exist.

Anywhere else and I'd assume that post was a humorous dig at EA's business philosophy, but on BSN I'm not so sure.

Gui_PT

Not being able to cover grab pyros is just an attempt to "nerf" Geth Gold White. I barely cover grab enemies otherwise, dont think it will have much of an effect for me personally.

Not sure what they did with Primes drones though. Do they have a stunning shock or something?

I don't cover grab a whole lot either, just one of the things i noticed different

The difference I saw in the drone is that it actually moves around by itself now and it fires that orange tech ball (sorry, I forgot the name =\) that stuns you

Top Bottom