• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Sai

The difference I saw in the drone is that it actually moves around by itself now and it fires that orange tech ball (sorry, I forgot the name =\) that stuns you
The Drone makes it's own Combat Drones?

No, wait. The Combat Drone's Evo6 Rockets. I got it now! The "stuns you" bit got me mixed up, because that's what the Combat Drones do at close proximity—shock you with this bolt of electricity... It'd be good if they do that as well.

Also, about the extraction credit bonus: for it to apply correctly, they apparently have to do some server side tweaking when the patch completely rolled out on all platforms.

[EDIT] - "Banshee´s warp ball shoots through walls and cover"

Um... Is that true? For people who aren't hosting, that thing's more than a little tough to avoid without cover.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Loving that new stuff

Challenges, usage, hazards, collectors, non-shit turians

Gimme

Mindlog

Wow. That's a pretty nice update this late in the game.

In the spirit of sharing. The AT-Raider on a Turian Soldier is slightly more powerful than I led on before.

Imagine a Piranha as accurate as a Crusader. It's pretty strong.

Mindlog

So there are new classes outside of the two Turians but they haven't officially unveiled them?
Krogan Shaman was accidentally outed.
They're going to drip feed more classes. I imagine it would be 7, but I read 16 somewhere. That sounds a bit much.

DoomHK wrote...

The post originally said there were 16 new kits, but was edited to remove the 16.

Explosive rounds are coming back.
Explosive rounds are coming back.
You're a Krysae. You're a Krysae. You're a Krysae. Everyone can Krysae!

exYle

So there are new classes outside of the two Turians but they haven't officially unveiled them?

Yep. In the trailer you can see a Batarian with Pull, a Krogan with shockwave, and a Drell with Homing Grenades. There's also an Asari and a Geth, but I'm not sure if either have new abilities.

X-Frame

Wow, 16 new classes would be amazing. Hopefully they release another 2 every week, though it'll likely be every 2 weeks to coincide with weekend events.

I am loving the DLC. I'm back to playing in full force, again. Haha.

Mindlog

Wait a minute

They made things more difficult, but the payout's the same?

=\
Boss headshots are back. That's a huge buff to the players.
The guy here who had at least 7 million saved for this should be feeling pretty good right now.
I'm at 12, but Jigga was over 20. If he was still active he's definitely over 30.

However, BW got smart this time. The drip feed will prevent large stacks from getting everything Day 1.
Like Eve in the single player campaign?
No clue. They just let the class title slip. It's probably the Krogan that used Shockwave.

Krogan Shaman Adept

Asari Huntress Infiltrator

Turian Havoc Soldier

Batarian Brawler Vanguard
It probably won't work, but the idea of charging in the middle of a Falcon Punch is very appealing.
I bet credits that the Asari Huntress Infiltrator is the one with Dominate.

Nice undocumented change.
20 seconds timer when 3/4 people are ready
Hlse3.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
With the Omega DLC getting close to release too.... who is really taking care of single player and multiplayer DLC? I heard Montreal was taking care of multiplayer months ago, but i recently heard they were also doing the single player ones... it's hard to imagine them doing both Omega and Retaliation at the same time. If that's the case, does that mean that their Edmonton team is fully focused on the next ME game?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
With the Omega DLC getting close to release too.... who is really taking care of single player and multiplayer DLC? I heard Montreal was taking care of multiplayer months ago, but i recently heard they were also doing the single player ones... it's hard to imagine them doing both Omega and Retaliation at the same time. If that's the case, does that mean that their Edmonton team is fully focused on the next ME game?

Montreal is also doing Dragon Age III I think. Montreal appears to be doing everything these days :lol.

Pretty certain the DLC, multi and single, is primarily headed over at Montreal. BioWare has really geared up Montreal over the last couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised if they took the full reigns for the next Mass Effect game, whatever it is, on Frostbite 2.

Montreal is also doing Dragon Age III I think. Montreal appears to be doing everything these days :lol.

Pretty certain the DLC, multi and single, is primarily headed over at Montreal. BioWare has really geared up Montreal over the last couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised if they took the full reigns for the next Mass Effect game, whatever it is, on Frostbite 2.

MP only plz!

So...I need credits for next week. Anyone have the PS3 version and don't mind having a usually bronze-only player tagging along for a few gold matches or something? I have that super defensively built Kroguard with Stronghold V and some Cyclonic Modulators IV and III, so I hopefully shouldn't be too much of a burden.

Sai

Singularity is soooo good now! I was havin' a blast with the Phoenix Adept. :D

Match was spoiled though, as after extraction, the servers decide to poop out... No credits.

Omega

Banned
Turian Soldier with Typhoon is fucking jesus.

Don't spec for duration on Marksman and you should pretty much never have to reload since Marksman auto-reloads now

Mindlog

I am going to blow all of my credits the first day.
Until.
I have.
A level X.
Hurricane.

Just a thought. Since they're moving around the promotional stuff I bet they change weekend rewards. Instead of unlocking the old weapons the weekend events will unlock new DLC characters.

*Edit: I can one-shot Phantoms with Shadow Strike on Gold now.

Sai

I am going to blow all of my credits the first day.
Until.
I have.
A level X.
Hurricane.

Just a thought. Since they're moving around the promotional stuff I bet they change weekend rewards. Instead of unlocking the old weapons the weekend events will unlock new DLC characters.
... ???

[EDIT] - Holy crap, the promotional weapons are now UR drops! XD

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Collector Rifle in Rare, N7 weapons in Ultra Rare.

Great. More crap to unlock instead of the stuff I want to unlock.

Ji66a-Man

Seems they won't be available until Tuesday.

There was a bit of happiness in having something you didn't, Ji66a. Bioware has destroyed that... ;_;

I got my Hurricane I last week, so the only thing I was missing was the Collector Rifle but I'm not buying more ME3 merch for 1 unlock.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Having promotional weapons in regular packs is nice, but kinda kills the point of Operations. Oh well.... Ultra Rares are so fucking ultra rares that i still will have more chance to get one N7 weapon every 2 weeks from a Commendation pack than from a Premium Spectre Pack.

exYle

Having promotional weapons in regular packs is nice, but kinda kills the point of Operations. Oh well.... Ultra Rares are so fucking ultra rares that i still will have more chance to get one N7 weapon every 2 weeks from a Commendation pack than from a Premium Spectre Pack.

Maybe now we'll get Ultra Rares from our Weekend Ops.

MAYBE NOW WE'LL GET TWO

Any reason why they made it so you can't grab the Pyro's? Also, has anyone else notice that after killing a Prime you can't walk by their for some time? It's like the prime is still standing their. And the Firbase white thing still works

Ji66a-Man

Any reason why they made it so you can't grab the Pyro's? Also, has anyone else notice that after killing a Prime you can't walk by their for some time? It's like the prime is still standing their. And the Firbase white thing still works

Geth Prime's collision box is still active for a few seconds after death. That's been there since day one. Not sure why that wasn't fixed.

Firebase Ghost should be the new Gold farming Firebase White. Just have a demolisher in your team and you can finish a game 20 mins minimum. Way less effort to put in White than Ghost. Fact is nobody wants to play on that map.... :(

Mindlog

Chris Schanche wrote...

I'm not sure why there was a change in their placement on the manifest, but they will still be available only through Commendation Packs, they aren't going to be added to reinforcement packs.
Blarg, no buying a Hurricane X then.
Chris Schanche wrote...

Biotic Charge on the Krogan Vanguard is considered to be a melee kill for the purpose of triggering Rage. This is an intended feature.
PPRI5.png

Hohohohoho.

Reading all of the outcry over Volus is mildly amusing. Just think of the Volus as white receivers.

Sajjaja

Reading all of the outcry over Volus is mildly amusing. Just think of the Volus as white receivers.

What...What's the Volus outcry about? What's going on? What..... TELL ME!

Also, add me on PSN guiz: Sajjaja. I always play with randoms that have connection problems =/ Just to note, I'm not that good. I usually play on silver cause I only have X basic weapons.

Xevren

What...What's the Volus outcry about? What's going on? What..... TELL ME!

Also, add me on PSN guiz: Sajjaja. I always play with randoms that have connection problems =/ Just to note, I'm not that good. I usually play on silver cause I only have X basic weapons.

Most of the outcry is from people crying about the lore or whatever. It's silly.

Here's a good thread of whining http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14354087

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It's crazy, but BL2 has made me miss this game a lot.

The new DLC stuff has me so hyped. I'll be back in this weekend between breaks of NBA2K and farming if anyone needs help.

Omega

Banned
Most of the outcry is from people crying about the lore or whatever. It's silly.

Here's a good thread of whining http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14354087

I don't want Volus because it's pointless.

has nothing to do about lore. all this talk about "loliwantvolus/elcor/hanar" was because a few people thought they would be funny if they asked for one.

of course they can add a joke character but they won't add Protheans.

Mindlog

I doubt they will, but it would be great if Volus sucked and they were only there as a challenge.

There has also been a lot of complaining about Geth. I know they are a bit more difficult, but it hasn't bothered me too much. However, perhaps they need to scale back to 2 Primes again. I can concede that 3 Primes with 6 pets might be a bit much :p

Top Bottom