• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Melchiah

I did ^_^

Well, in that case I'd stick to spectre packs. To me the fact that you can get one every time you complete gold means less stress if I get lvl 4 consummables. And Premiums seem to drop lvl 4 for the most part. Mindlog posted something a while about buying 10 spectre packs and 10 psps and he got more ultra rares in the spectres. I may be wrong.
Again.

I'm currently farming credits in case the rumored DLC becomes reality. 700k so far, and I plan to raise that two-/threefold. If I won't get at least +1 to Medi-Gel capacity with that amount of credits, it's obvious the system is borked.

BTW, I've received some lvl 4 consumables (+ gear & mods) from the 20k Veteran packs, which I bought a lot a while back.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm currently farming credits in case the rumored DLC becomes reality. 700k so far, and I plan to raise that two-/threefold. If I won't get at least +1 to Medi-Gel capacity with that amount of credits, it's obvious the system is borked.

BTW, I've received some lvl 4 consumables (+ gear & mods) from the 20k Veteran packs, which I bought a lot a while back.

I recently saved nearly 1.5 millions credits, wasted them all on premium spectre packs and how many ultra rares did i get? One. ONE.

:mad:

Sajjaja

Is there like a list somewhere of all the MP weapons and their quality? I can't seem to find one and the spreadsheet doesn't say.

Bisnic

Doesn't show the quality buddy. Read my post again.

You can check your own multiplayer manifest on Bioware website to see what's common, uncommon, rare and ultra-rare. Even if you haven't unlock everything. Can't give you a link though since i'm at work.

Sai

I expect the tech grenade to strip a Phantom's barrier and the homing grenade to put a dent in a Banshee's armour.
They do—very well, in fact... You're speccin' the Arc/Homing Grenades for Electrical/Fire Damage & Shield Overload/Armor Damage, right?

I think it may just be a matter of timing. In the case of Phantoms & Banshees, they both occasionally whip out these shields/barriers that practically negate incoming powers, and grenades are easily defended against. So, you have to carefully time your grenade throws to strike them while they're in the middle of attacking other players, stunned, or flipping around cover/biotically jumping around the place.

Try her out again with this in mind. When it comes to weapons, the only concern I have with the Demolisher is that she's equipped with a relatively lightweight weapon that'll let me spam Supply Pylons to keep my grenades stocked, and that Incendiary/Disruptor/Cyro Ammo powers are applied to set up a ton of Tech Explosions. N7 Hurricane with Stability/High-Velocity mods has treated me very well in this regard.

That said, if you can't see yourself relying on her grenades, you can get away with speccin' her class tree for weapon damage, and equipping her with a couple of heavy, high-damage weapons, as her Supply Pylon is the only power that actually relies on her cooldown... But you'd have to play a pretty stationary game, as you won't be able to move the Supply Pylon around as much, and she's pretty squishy. There are better characters to go to if you want to rely primarily on weapons with the occasional grenade.

Melchiah

They do—very well, in fact... You're speccin' the Arc/Homing Grenades for Electrical/Fire Damage & Shield Overload/Armor Damage, right?

I think it may just be a matter of timing. In the case of Phantoms & Banshees, they both occasionally whip out these shields/barriers that practically negate incoming powers, and grenades are easily defended against. So, you have to carefully time your grenade throws to strike them while they're in the middle of attacking other players, stunned, or flipping around cover/biotically jumping around the place.

So, both of the grenades should be maxed out? If so, what power(s) should be left unmaxed?

Bisnic

So, both of the grenades should be maxed out? If so, what power(s) should be left unmaxed?

My own Demolisher have 0 points in Fitness, so everything else is maxed. I specced my Tower Supply to get as many grenades as fast as possible, specced Arc Grenades for more shield/barrier damage and my Homing Grenades for more armor damage and both of them have the extra fire and electric damage over time and i took all the powers from the N7 Demolisher tree that gives me +1 grenades. With the Grenade Capacity V gear, i got 11 grenades. :D

Melchiah

My own Demolisher have 0 points in Fitness, so everything else is maxed. I specced my Tower Supply to get as many grenades as fast as possible, specced Arc Grenades for more shield/barrier damage and my Homing Grenades for more armor damage and both of them have the extra fire and electric damage over time and i took all the powers from the N7 Demolisher tree that gives me +1 grenades.

Doesn't 0 points in Fitness create problems, or do you use some consumable/gear to counter that?

Bisnic

Doesn't 0 points in Fitness create problems, or do you use some consumable/gear to counter that?

I mostly use my Demolisher for Geth Gold White farm, so i just stay in the usual cover spot and never need to move thanks to my Tower Supply. My low health/shield isn't really an issue. :p As long as you stay in cover, any low health class can beat Gold easily anyway.

Melchiah

I mostly use my Demolisher for Geth Gold White farm, so i just stay in the usual cover spot and never need to move thanks to my Tower Supply. My low health/shield isn't really an issue. :p As long as you stay in cover, any low health class can beat Gold easily anyway.

Ok, thanks for the tip. =) I'll re-spec him accordingly, when I get another Reset Powers item.

Bisnic

Mind blown. o_O

How? Just use your Statis bubble on anything that gets too close and finish them off with a headshot or biotic explosion. :p As for enemies with armor where Stasis doesn't work... well, abuse Warp and Throw and stay in cover between them.

Melchiah

How? Just use your Statis bubble on anything that gets too close and finish them off with a headshot or biotic explosion. :p As for enemies with armor where Stasis doesn't work... well, abuse Warp and Throw and stay in cover between them.

I guess I've just never thought about leaving HP/Barrier completely without XP points, especially on those classes that already have low stats on them. I definitely have to try that approach now.

Bisnic

I guess I've just never thought about leaving HP/Barrier completely without XP points, especially on those classes that already have low stats on them. I definitely have to try that approach now.

You just learn after a while that you ALWAYS have to stay in cover, and just come out to shoot a few bullets or a power or until your Shield regen back to 100%. With those low health classes/races, i pretty much go back to cover everytime my shield goes below 25% anyway. I'm never risking my life to attack something if my shield is down unless i'm sure nothing is shooting at me.

Omega

Banned
I recently saved nearly 1.5 millions credits, wasted them all on premium spectre packs and how many ultra rares did i get? One. ONE.

:mad:

well URs are given out at about a 12% rate, so you were right on pace

kind of ridiculous. they need to make it easier to unlock URs.

most of the time you'll just be sitting in your pylon and won't get damaged. it's a boring class to play, but very effective even in legit matches.

Sai

most of the time you'll just be sitting in your pylon and won't get damaged. it's a boring class to play, but very effective even in legit matches.
Dunno what this guy's talkin' about. My Supply Pylon moves with me. :p

The Demolisher can be quite mobile. Just don't put her immediately between the enemy and the rest of your team—she ain't a spearheader.

Bisnic

Bioware have been a lot more chatty lately on the Multiplayer BSN forum about many bugs being fixed in an upcoming patch, maybe its a hint that its coming soon? :D Wonder how big the patch notes are going to be... might be hilarious.

Mindlog

And like an idiot I spent a lot of credits chasing the Typhoon X for no particular reason.
On the plus side I really have no reason to buy packs anymore.
On the down side most of my gaming time is spent with, FTL.
XCOM is going to take care of the rest.

My Asari Vanguard rolls 6/6/6/5/3. It works very well unless I play the AV right after playing Battlemaster. Then I use a bit of medi-gel. After I play that big Krogan I forget that not everyone is invincible.

Bioware have been a lot more chatty lately on the Multiplayer BSN forum about many bugs being fixed in an upcoming patch, maybe its a hint that its coming soon? :D Wonder how big the patch notes are going to be... might be hilarious.

I wonder how much money Bioware is making and how large the community currently is. I know the last Xbox Live Activity chart didn't have ME3 in the top 20.

I guess I'm trying to figure out at what point does Bioware stop supporting the Multiplayer and move the team onto something else.

Sajjaja

My Asari Vanguard rolls 6/6/6/5/3. It works very well unless I play the AV right after playing Battlemaster. Then I use a bit of medi-gel. After I play that big Krogan I forget that not everyone is invincible.

Man I just played her for the first time today.... she absolutely wrecks shit. I play her 6/3/6/5/6. I play on silver cause I don't think I have the gear for gold yet (using Katana X and Predator X for her). I top score by a large margin most of the time. Not only does she have an ass that doesn't quit, but she's deadly.

Bisnic

Some much needed buff might be coming for sniper rifles... like more damage when headshottting "bosses" such as Banshees or Primes.

Priestly is working on patch notes right now, he tweeted about releasing them on monday. (the notes, not the patch)

Bisnic

Priestly is working on patch notes right now, he tweeted about releasing them on monday. (the notes, not the patch)

Nice, hopefully that patch will fix most of the bugs. Especially broken powers, broken SMG weight mod and Vanguard glitch(although that one was pretty much confirmed already). And not introduce others in the process.

Mindlog

Didn't they remove that in the last patch? I never understood the point.
It was crazy easy to kill them all.

I just used the Piranha for the first time since it got fixed. Might sound crazy, but I like it better this way. It feels right and not crazy OP.

Still really strong with my Paladin.

Samara

Ugh, did the mission last week with 3 others geths on hard and got an avenger X....this is after NOT getting anything after doing the last mission bioware....

carusofyou.gif

but I still love ya; okay?

Melchiah

What really gets me is all the talk about weapons/characters that once were so wonderful, that are now nerfed, something I've never had the opportunity to try in the first place.

I've played the game from the very fucking beginning, and if I won't get at least +1 Medi-Gel capacity, Harrier/Piranha & N7 Slayer/Destroyer with the credits I'm currently farming, I'm going to quit the game altogether.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Even though I'm not all that good with it, Geth Infiltrator is still the most fun class to play for me. With a Geth shotgun of course. The amount of damage you're able to do is simply insane.

I've played the game from the very fucking beginning, and if I won't get at least +1 Medi-Gel capacity, Harrier/Piranha & N7 Slayer/Destroyer with the credits I'm currently farming, I'm going to quit the game altogether.

I've defended it before, but I've come to hate the loot drops. DLC worries me too. The more they add, the harder it gets for anybody who doesn't own everything. BioWare needs to not pander to the people with level X everything simply looking for new shit to unlock, and realise a lot of players still have tons and tons of weapons/characters/equipment to snag and upgrade. And the more they dump on the pile, the harder getting this shit becomes. The packs really need to be revised for more variety, or something like weapon/character specific packs.

Bisnic

Even though I'm not all that good with it, Geth Infiltrator is still the most fun class to play for me. With a Geth shotgun of course. The amount of damage you're able to do is simply insane.

I've defended it before, but I've come to hate the loot drops. DLC worries me too. The more they add, the harder it gets for anybody who doesn't own everything. BioWare needs to not pander to the people with level X everything simply looking for new shit to unlock, and realise a lot of players still have tons and tons of weapons/characters/equipment to snag and upgrade. And the more they dump on the pile, the harder getting this shit becomes. The packs really need to be revised for more variety, or something like weapon/character specific packs.

Couldn't you just uninstall the DLC that have nothing you want when you're about to buy packs? Like if you're still missing the Shadow, just keep the Earth DLC and uninstall everything else... wouldn't that help?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Couldn't you just uninstall the DLC that have nothing you want when you're about to buy packs? Like if you're still missing the Shadow, just keep the Earth DLC an uninstall everything else... wouldn't that help?

It would. Yet another obvious thing I never thought of. Cheers.

Sai

o_o Since when has Mass Effect: Infiltrator been available on Android?

[EDIT] - May 22nd?!... Man, I'm late...

Just saw it for that 25¢ app promotion they had going on and downloaded it instantly. Seems kind of late for it, but I hope their Datapad app eventually follows suit. Maybe around the time ME3 is released for the Wii?

Oh, and I got the Combatives Upgrade up to V. Now all that's left is the Barrage Upgrade, which is still at III.

Sajjaja

Couldn't you just uninstall the DLC that have nothing you want when you're about to buy packs? Like if you're still missing the Shadow, just keep the Earth DLC and uninstall everything else... wouldn't that help?

Would doing that is permanently remove the unlocks you got from those DLCs?

Omega

Banned

you might increase your chances for them, but you'll still get Ammo IV and stuff.

Would doing that is permanently remove the unlocks you got from those DLCs?

No, you still keep them.

I just recently bought ME3 on 360 and when I sold it, I had deleted everything. Still got to keep my Geth Infiltrator and weapons from the first DLC pack once I re-downloaded them.

Bisnic

you might increase your chances for them, but you'll still get Ammo IV and stuff.

Maybe, but i got a feeling their random system prioritize weapons and characters over ammos. When they introduced the Argus recently, i got that weapon in every PSP i bought. And every other weapons, mods and characters were already maxed. Then i went back to mostly getting ammos and rarely gear.

Maybe, but i got a feeling their random system prioritize weapons and characters over ammos. When they introduced the Argus recently, i got that weapon in every PSP i bought. And every other weapons, mods and characters were already maxed. Then i went back to mostly getting ammos and rarely gear.

This is true. I got my Argus up to X in about 6 x PSPs.

still, its a fucking useless gun and ill never ever use it again. Ive kinda stopped playing because im sick of level 4 ammo drops which is all really get now.

i don't like to diss other players, but i think i met the worst player ever.

only one enemy left in a wave, a Nemesis... this guy is the only one alive and guess how long it took for him to kill the Nemesis? over 5 goddamn minutes. 5 MINUTES to kill a Nemesis. i timed it. are you fucking kidding me? i'm usually patient, but i was really starting to pull my hair out. i wanted to get my mic and yell "JUST MELEE IT ALREADY" or something.

the guy was a quarian infiltrator, kept running away from the Nemesis and throwing sticky grenades which didn't go anywhere near it.... lol. why didn't he just cloak and go melee it or something??! even on Gold you can easily melee a Nemesis with any character. or you know, maybe SHOOT at it?

i hope it was an 8 year old kid or something.. but man, some of these randoms on PS3 are quite something. i constantly see behavior that i just can't understand.

Mindlog

I've had the opposite experience this weekend. Wasn't even planning on playing, but my past few Gold pubs have been fantastic. It's really weird to get a run of so many fun Gold pubs. A group of total randoms having fun holding the center of Rio vs Geth. Same group flying around Condor just killing everything.

Man I just played her for the first time today.... she absolutely wrecks shit. I play her 6/3/6/6/6. I play on silver cause I don't think I have the gear for gold yet (using Katana X and Predator X for her). I top score by a large margin most of the time. Not only does she have an ass that doesn't quit, but she's deadly.
thats an impossible build dude....

Omega

Banned

once you start coming down to a few left to unlock, they pretty much hand them out like candy.

I had like 5 more rare guns to unlock, and 8 more rare gears. I maxed them out in 14 spectre packs.

it did that with common/uncommons too. as i was leveling up buying recruit/veteran packs, when they were closed to finishing it would just give them out each pack

plus i think since the argus was just released they increased the chances of getting it. i know people who didn't spend credits the day it released and they're having trouble just getting it to level V

Bisnic

Today is the today the patch notes should be released. Hope you guys have 15 free minutes to read the whole thing. :p

Mindlog

I'll post the full list. Huge wall of text incoming.
Mass Effect 3 Patch 4 Patch Notes

A new patch will be coming this week for Mass Effect 3 which will improve your gaming experience!

On X360 and PS3, you will be prompted to update your software, just confirm and wait for it to complete. On PC you will need to install the patch through Origin before you launch Mass Effect 3. Wait for it to complete installation before playing.

We expect the patch to be available Thursday this week, but will update when we have more information.

Issues Fixed:

- Fixed tutorial tip that didn't properly display an unbound command
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer where if a character has DLC weapons equipped, and the DLC associated to the weapons is deleted, the weapon loadout screen displayed no weapons
- Sabotage power evolution 6 increased tech damage bonus no longer stacks
- Fixed a rare crash in the final mission level involving the firing of the Cain at the Hades Cannon.
- Fixed the Encumbrance Bar from not updating correctly for the Earth DLC weapon mods
- Fixed weapons with natural piercing from having their damage reduced with piercing mods equipped
- Incinerate power evolution 5 now gives a damage bonus to frozen and chilled enemies
- Krogan Vanguard Rage bonuses now work properly
- Fixed Shepard's shadow from not appearing after entering and exiting an Atlas
- Fixed quitting/disconnecting while holding Retrieve Object that could cause the Retrieve Object to disappear
- Fixed users logging off or disconnecting during gameplay from not being able to return online until rebooting the game
- Players can no longer grab Geth Pyros over cover
- Fixed issue in which enemies surviving a detonated Stasis blast became invulnerable
- Attempting to equip similar weapon mods will now present a 'Slot Occupied' message
- Asari Justicar passive power evolution 3 power damage and force bonus now works properly
- Disruptor Rounds consumable (all ranks) damage multiplier against shields and barriers increased from 100% to 400%
- Particle Rifle no longer replenishes ammo from ammo boxes and supply pylons
- Fixed an issue when using Biotic Charge before death that caused the match to be unplayable afterwards
- Fixed pathing for Banshees so they don't get stuck in a teleport routine
- Fixed Asari Justicar from not being able to activate Biotic Sphere within range of large enemies
- Fixed dropping Retrieve Objects that could potentially fall under the level
- All Batarian and Krogan kits will now stagger less than other kits
- Ops Survival Packs now grant a one second damage immunity when consumed
- Singularity power re-designed:

Singularity no longer has a maximum number of charges and will only be destroyed when the time runs out

Performing a biotic combo on someone floating in the singularity no longer ends the singularity

Base cooldown changed to 8 seconds

Base duration of the singularity changed to 8 seconds

Base power now does 100 points of damage per second to all targets that are in range, even if not floating in the singularity

Base power sets up biotic combos on everyone that comes into range (only 1 combo added per enemy per cast of singularity)

Rank 3 changed to a damage over time bonus (used to be a radius and duration bonus)

Evolve 1 changed to singularity duration bonus (used to be a hold duration bonus and number of charges increase)

Evolve 5 changed to damage over time bonus (used to be a radius increase mechanic)

Evolve 6 now detonates biotic combos when the singularity explodes

- Fixed an issue with the Banshee being able to sync-kill players farther than she should be able to
- Fixed an issue with Firebase Jade giving partial extractions when all players are already inside the extraction zone
- Fixed SMG Ultralight Materials Mod not having impact on power recharge speed
- Fixed Armor Piercing Ammo not applying penetration bonus to secondary weapon
- Fixed player death camera beginning before a sync kill is complete
- Fixed an issue with talent points remaining after a character promotion
- Melee creatures will now completely ignore pets (drones, decoys, etc.) rather than just having a chance to ignore them
- Fixed an issue with Private Lobbies not staying private after the match has begun
- Krysae no longer ignores enemy shield gates
- Fixed various weapon sound-replications for clients
- Concussive Shot changes:

Evolution 3 damage and force bonus now applies to frozen and chilled targets

Evolution 5 changed to increase damage by 50% and radius by 1 meter (used to take on the properties of your ammo power, but this did not work)

Evolution 6 damage bonus to organics increased from 100% to 200% over 10 seconds

- Fixed issue where enemies in Stasis surviving a biotic detonation would become un-synchronized for clients
- Fixed Leviathan DLC Weapon Mods not carrying over to New Game +
- Marksman will instantly reload weapon ammunition when activated
- N7 Shadow Sword Mastery power evolution 5 and 6 now apply to Shadow Strike damage
- Fixed Atlas rocket applying damage over time on N7 Paladins using the Omni-Shield
- Fixed automatic revive at a specific spot in Firebase White
- Fixed an issue with ammo boxes causing players to be unable to fire weapons after attempting to refill grenades
- Fixed an issue with the Krysae Sniper rifle not functioning properly on squad members (Firefight pack)
- Fixed the health bar position of Tactical Scan on Swarmers
- Fixed an issue with enemies approaching a downed player to execute, but showing mercy and leaving
- Fixed seeking projectile powers occasionally failing to impact targets even though it appeared to impact
- Successfully extracting from a match gives 10% bonus credits. This reward does not depend on your squad members – you must extra personally to get the reward.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Retrieve Objective wave to not recognize the recovery of the object when it enters the retrieve zone
- Fixed bleedout effect that was disappearing when another player used an Ops Survival Pack
- Fixed Decoy that was blocking the use of ladders to NPCs and squadmates
- Fixed Flamer power of Vorcha from being activated simultaneously with the Reegar Carbine
- Fixed icons of powers disappearing from the Character Screen
- Fixed an issue with Ken/Gabby and Tali/Garrus ambient dialogues not triggering in Normandy engineering
- Fixed an issue in which purchasing multiplayer card pack purchases would not complete

Exploits Fixed:

- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to be invincible and invisible to enemies
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to use rockets from other weapons

PS3 Only:

- Fixed an issue on PS3 where after accepting an invite, a player could get stuck in a multiplayer screen by entering the store from the promo screen and then exiting without purchase
- Fixed a crash when pressing PS button during the game's boot sequence

PC Only:

- Fixed the hint popup to update mouse left click and right click bindings
- Fixed an issue that made Origin users display their game as joinable when their game is full
- Fixed a crash on Firebase Rio caused by heavy melee

Xbox Only

- Fixed a rare crash (black screen) on Xbox 360: Upon booting up the game and attempting to reach the title screen, players will now be able to get to title screen to recover their save games

Bisnic

"Players can no longer grab Geth Pyros over cover"
Hah!

Is that part of the patch notes? I can't see them at work, care to link/quote?

Unless you were just joking. :(

Singularity was always pretty disappointing. Maybe i'll play with the Cerberus Adept instead of Vanguard now with the buff.

Top Bottom