• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Omega

Banned
I doubt they will, but it would be great if Volus sucked and they were only there as a challenge.

There has also been a lot of complaining about Geth. I know they are a bit more difficult, but it hasn't bothered me too much. However, perhaps they need to scale back to 2 Primes again. I can concede that 3 Primes with 6 pets might be a bit much :p

Primes are even more annoying that their combat drones are now useful. Plus they spam turrets even faster now

I won't even play the Geth. I only pick cerb/reapers. It's not fun being stunlocked so damn much.

this. fuck the geth

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
And soon the Geth will be enhanced with the Bomber.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
And soon the Geth will be enhanced with the Bomber.

Do we have any idea how the Bombers look like? What they do? I know the new Cerberus class is basically a Phoenix character turned into an enemy(I hope they won't use Lash on us, oh my god).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Do we have any idea how the Bombers look like? What they do? I know the new Cerberus class is basically a Phoenix character turned into an enemy(I hope they won't use Lash on us, oh my god).

In the trailer you can see a Cerberus unit use lash. So yep, they probably use lash!

And no idea about the bomber. Not sure how it will fit in either, given we've already got rockets and flamethrowers.

Bisnic

In the trailer you can see a Cerberus unit use lash. So yep, they probably use lash!

And no idea about the bomber. Not sure how it will fit in either, given we've already got rockets and flamethrowers.

All i saw in the trailer is them using the heavy melee attack that looks like an electric whip, guess i have to look again.

X-Frame

The Hunter's are what annoyed me the most from the Geth. Being able to still blast you rapid-fire with a GPS while being staggered themselves was nuts.

EatChildren

I unlocked the Striker. What do I do with it?

EekTheKat

Christ almighty, the missile glitch is still there. Patch didn't patch it out at all.

Some douchebag just joined my game on PS3 and did it.

Omega

Banned
Can someone help explain this Incendiary Ammo + Warp "exploit" I've been hearing about?

supposedly they patched it, but looking at the quote below this, obviously they half assed the patched.

Warp and Incendiary stack because they apply the same DoT mechanic, it doesn't work with Reave or Dark Channel though, and it's most effective with an assault rifle. Essentially the only character it's worth using it on is Turian Sentinel. Either warp then shoot some bullets or shoot bullets then warp

The DoT from what I've read doesn't actually apply until you stop shooting. Not sure if this is true

Christ almighty, the missile glitch is still there. Patch didn't patch it out at all.

Some douchebag just joined my game on PS3 and did it.

what guns was he using?

I know how to do it (never actually exploited it though) and tried to do it myself post patch and couldn't do it.

EekTheKat

what guns was he using?

I know how to do it (never actually exploited it though) and tried to do it myself post patch and couldn't do it.

Didn't get a good look. He joined a Plat game mid match. The two other guys in my group at the time were playing legit (and barely getting by, but at least the match was clean).

He joins, announces over the mic "Hey guys do you mind if I do the rocket glitch?" then a few seconds later the kill log starts filling up with missile kills again. I took one look at him equipped with a rifle that was not a rocket launcher shooting out rockets and promptly left.

Since they changed the name of the Destroyer Missile to "Hawk Missile Launcher" it was 100% the rocket glitch. There seems to be a new way to do it now.

There are a couple other references to it post patch on PS3, not sure if it still applies to other platforms.

Sai

Servers just went down while I was in the middle of purchasing a PSP.

If I'm short 99k credits when they're back up, I'm going to be a lil' upset. :I

keeth

Neo Member
Man. Servers dropped. After all the excitement over the DLC, I was looking forward to playing some rounds tonight, too! Oh well.

I was just about to buy a PSP, too. The one with my Harrier I, no doubt. :-(

X-Frame

Does anyone think a Sphere-less Asari Justicar build could work? Given the rather extensive buff to Pull?

Also, what is the best way to build Singularity now?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Does anyone think a Sphere-less Asari Justicar build could work? Given the rather extensive buff to Pull?

Also, what is the best way to build Singularity now?

Sphere is too good of a skill. Its arguably the best chokepoint setup in the game. If anything, you can just drop Fitness to 0. With Reave's damage reduction, you should still be more durable than any other adept by far.

Singularity should be treated like a setup too. Its range and new blanket effect should be a signal flare to all biotic users that its time to go ham.

Mindlog

Yes, it works. The Acolyte and new Disruptor Ammo buff pair really well with a sphere-less build.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb8BgBNAFj4&feature=share&list=UU_K9UpORWfZ54rh3aznAx3A
Can't find the vid I was looking for.
I use sphere though.

Managed to squeeze in a few maps. Possibly my last until DLC hits.
I went on a solo-Cerberus/Gold/Glacier run.
Got 3 Killstreaks before the end of round 2 :x
Won't give a finishing time without a screenshot or video. I really need to get on that.

Bisnic

The amount of Primes they send at you on Gold is ridiculous.... i had to solo like 8 of them all by myself yesterday because all my team members died, and everytime i thought i killed the last Prime, another one would show up... there was a lot of "come the fuck on!" that night.

Sajjaja

The amount of Primes they send at you on Gold is ridiculous.... i had to solo like 8 of them all by myself yesterday because all my team members died, and everytime i thought i killed the last Prime, another one would show up... there was a lot of "come the fuck on!" that night.

Yeah.. there were soooo many on silver too I was like what the fuck.

X-Frame

Sphere is too good of a skill. Its arguably the best chokepoint setup in the game. If anything, you can just drop Fitness to 0. With Reave's damage reduction, you should still be more durable than any other adept by far.

Singularity should be treated like a setup too. Its range and new blanket effect should be a signal flare to all biotic users that its time to go ham.

Maybe I'll try a 6/6/6/5/3 build and see how that fares on Gold/Plat. Unless it is a farming or CC map, I don't see much use for the sphere though.

DY_nasty

Maybe I'll try a 6/6/6/5/3 build and see how that fares on Gold/Plat. Unless it is a farming or CC map, I don't see much use for the sphere though.

You'd never see the benefits of the Sphere on anything lower than Gold really.

Bisnic

Personally, i prefer to spec my Sphere has defensive. Trying to keep the enemies inside the offensive one is too much of a hassle considering how fast they move.

DY_nasty

Hopping on 360 right now if anyone wants to run some gold/silver matches.
Personally, i prefer to spec my Sphere has defensive. Trying to keep the enemies inside the offensive one is too much of a hassle considering how fast they move.

It was... rough sometimes because you couldn't reavearmorup, dash in, and drop bubbles on demand all the time due to weird hitch where you couldn't drop the bubble if you were in melee range with a lock on. Its a lot easier now though. Instant biotic explosion, warp damage, debuff on mob, etc.

Its still a chokepoint type deal though more than anything else. Setting it up pre-wave is the way to go.

LEGGZZZZ

I tried it a few times... it seems about as "hard" as Gold, except you've got to fight all 3 races at once(soon 4?), which can make things quite chaotic.

Wow, interesting. I always hear people talking about gold, but hardly anyone mentioning platinum.

Well, that's the squad goal taken care of. 19 mins, full extraction, and Keng Lai had double the points of everyone else. N7 Slayer, why u so badass.

Omega

Banned
How hard is platinum difficulty? Compared to Gold?

it's not hard at all, in fact, it's probably easier than Gold. I say this because it's nothing more than just boss killing.

Only difficult wave is Wave 7 when Cerberus is the starting enemy. Reason it's the only difficult wave is because you get nothing but Phantoms, Nemesis and Hunters. It can either be a quick wave or things go badly very quick.

Mindlog

For me Platinum is too team dependent.
On Gold I can have a crappy team and still finish under 20m
On Platinum with a crappy team completion time can skyrocket.

pvpyC.jpg
Behold the glory of the, Volus.
I was really hoping the new Vorcha would be an Infiltrator.

DY_nasty

I've been playing a bunch today and man oh man I missed this game.

Been rolling with Asari Vanguard (6/6/6/5/3) + Crusader V and dios mio. The Crusader buffs are just amazing. Its not OP at all. I swear!

X-Frame

Been rolling with Asari Vanguard (6/6/6/5/3) + Crusader V and dios mio. The Crusader buffs are just amazing. Its not OP at all. I swear!

I still don't have a Crusader. Hopefully having the promotional weapons as UR's will increase my chances of getting them.

On a side note, is anyone visiting BSN? Everyone over here is freaking out over the Volus's inevitable arrival. They're going crazy. :)

Bisnic

I still don't have a Crusader. Hopefully having the promotional weapons as UR's will increase my chances of getting them.

They have not become UR, it was some kind of... bug... on the manifest. They have fixed this since then.

Omega

Banned

how do you use the crusader?

i can't use it, and idk why. when I use my Claymore I just hipfire, but when I try to hipfire with the Crusader it never even hits them.

I use the Talon ony my AV but I'm always trying to use different guns, gets boring using the same 4 guns.

DY_nasty

i can't use it, and idk why. when I use my Claymore I just hipfire, but when I try to hipfire with the Crusader it never even hits them.

I use the Talon ony my AV but I'm always trying to use different guns, gets boring using the same 4 guns.

I guess I treat it like the Paladin or Carnifex. I shoots slugs, so its not a traditional shotgun at all.

btw - good games today with nori.

back in my day, used to see Unknown/Gold/Reapers and unplug their whole damned Xbox...

exYle

Use it more like a semi-automatic assault rifle.

DY_nasty

Bout to hop on again. Patch made everything so good.

Anyone need help/want to get this money?

EatChildren

I'm pretty pumped for this DLC. Will be damn good to have a new opponent to fight. Hazards should be great too.

I posted this over in the other thread, but I suspect hazards will be tied to specific maps, rather than a universal variable. Going by the trailer, here's what I believe to be the match ups:

Dagger: sandstorms.
Ghost: lightning.
White: whiteout.
Reactor: meltdown.
Glacier: swarm.
Giant: acid.

Ghost and Giant might be the other way around. Ghost is raining, so I figure lightning, but I think there's lightning flashes on Giant. So maybe Ghost is acid rain, as there's a lot of indoor areas in that one, forcing you to make a dash between structures. Giant probably wouldn't play as well like that due to the larger open areas to cover, so lightning would be more applicable there.

Bisnic

Speaking of Kroguard, is it worth it to go with his Rage melee damage upgrades in the Fitness tree now that its fixed instead of taking the health/shield ones? 1850/1850 seems hard to give up.

Also, does Power Damage increase Shadow Strike damage of the N7 Shadow? Been thinking if i should reset my powers to take the talents that improve power damage if it does.

Mindlog

I know what you're talking about.
Chris Schanche wrote...

Hey folks,

I had a look at this issue, and here's what is happening with the Crusader. This gun does have a very small delay between when the trigger is pulled, and when the shot is fired, however, the shot goes to the point that the crosshair was on when the trigger was pulled.

Basically, crosshair is at point X, the player pulls the trigger and simultaneously begins moving the crosshair to point Y, reaching it approximately 0.02 seconds later. The shot now goes off, even though the user is now pointing at point Y, the shot still hits the point it was aiming at when the trigger is pulled, point X.

The long and short of this however is, while this does slightly change the presentation feel of the gun, the bullet for the crusader still hits the point you were aimed at when you pull the trigger, meaning it remains as accurate and without delay in actual ability to hit targets as any pistol, sniper rifle, etc.

As long is the trigger is pulled when your crosshair is on the target, regardless of the delay you will hit a still target.

This does mean that yes, a small bit of lead should be considered if trying to hit a rapidly moving target, but the delay is small enough that most enemies outside of a few like the Nemesis will not be able to get out of the impact point in time.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this issue, but hopefully this clears up the way the gun is acting a bit.
Comes from the thread, N7 Crusader: It doesn't shoot where you think it does.

*Manifest updates have been slow lately. It's probably a hiccup while they prepare for the DLC just like the promotional weapons accidentally getting moved to UR. They must have given the job to an intern or something.

Bisnic

I know what you're talking about.

Comes from the thread, N7 Crusader: It doesn't shoot where you think it does.

*Manifest updates have been slow lately. It's probably a hiccup while they prepare for the DLC just like the promotional weapons accidentally getting moved to UR. They must have given the job to an intern or something.

Usually when the manifest doesnt show a new item i just got, i simply refresh the page once or twice and its there. Been like that for a while for me though.

Speaking of Kroguard, is it worth it to go with his Rage melee damage upgrades in the Fitness tree now that its fixed instead of taking the health/shield ones? 1850/1850 seems hard to give up.

I re-specced my Krogaurd for the melee bonuses (before I had the health/barrier bonuses) and have done much better. I take a shotgun with the bayonet (either the GPS or the Wraith) and use the Beserker V equipment. Going into rage is really easy, and it gives you additional damage protection. Keeping the cooldown low on charge lets me keep my barrier up almost constantly, even in the middle of a mob. So I'd say it's worth it.

Top Bottom