• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

I played a game yesterday on Glacier/Gold against Cerberus with an all Geth Infiltrator team and I couldn't believe how quickly everything died. It was so easy it was almost like we were playing Bronze.

All Vorcha are pretty fun too, hearing them all jabbering all match.

My theory is that playing Geth Infiltrator + Piranha is equivalent to lowering the difficulty by one notch. The effect is cumulative for each player using the Gethfiltrator. If everyone uses prox mines specced for the %20 debuff, things go down INSANELY quick.

Omega

Banned
My theory is that playing Geth Infiltrator + Piranha is equivalent to lowering the difficulty by one notch. The effect is cumulative for each player using the Gethfiltrator. If everyone uses prox mines specced for the %20 debuff, things go down INSANELY quick.

GI Pirahna only been one difficulty must mean GI Claymore is two.

keeth

Neo Member
If everyone uses prox mines specced for the %20 debuff, things go down INSANELY quick.

This sounds dumb, but I never realized the power of the proxy mine debuff. Time to re-spec the ol' GI! And, I suppose, Salarian?

I only play public matches, so I guess the chances of getting 4 stacked is low.. but still! Pretty damned neat.

Xevren

Playing with 4 GI's before the Piranha nerf was nuts. Just play whatever on glacier and enjoy the easy credits. Not like the piranha is bad now or anything, if anything that gun got it easy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Playing with 4 GI's before the Piranha nerf was nuts. Just play whatever on glacier and enjoy the easy credits. Not like the piranha is bad now or anything, if anything that gun got it easy.

The low weight makes it the perfect gun for my Kroguard. I can spam Biotic Charge much faster than with any other shotguns, and its powerful too!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Confession Time

I used the Turian Soldier today. Yes. Shameless. But the proxy mine buff from way back had a decent effect on things. Also, Marksman, when paired with some of the newer weapons is just wow.

6/0/6/6/6 Full weapons damage, rate of fire, headshot damage, proxy buff build

that's a natural 40% damage increase at all times even before marksman. Throw in marksman's own damage and headshot buff and you've got a laser - I used the Phaeston before... and it was okay. Then I used the Revenant X. Which was pretty good.

Then I got into the new stuff.

Piranha + Marksman = Fist of God
Reegar = Cthulhu
Indra = meh... nice for some maps I suppose.
Revenant = "LAY ZER" and there's also a nice little thing you can do between proxy mines and marksman cooldowns. keep firing. the revenant has a really big clip. throw a proxy mine, hold down the trigger. you'll most likely still be firing the same clip by the time the cooldown is over with - marksman reloads your clip so pour it on.
Harrier = Death Ray
Particle Beam = mehhhhh its aite
Hurricane = Katrina

The mobility is still a massive issue though. You can't stand in the middle of a freeway like Krogans and Destroyers.

ALSO

The stagger stuff mentioned in the patch notes? It makes a huge difference. Krogans and Batarians don't budge when taking Geth Prime fire to the grill. Other classes (yes, the Turian soldier) get rocked and they get locked just as easy as before.

Sajjaja

Hey guys, I doubt it's true, but if I played the game on the PS3 but got the PC version, would my equipment carry over to the PC version from the PS3 version?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The mobility is still a massive issue though. You can't stand in the middle of a freeway like Krogans and Destroyers.

That's the only thing holding back the Turian Soldier for me. With the auto reload buff to Marksman a clever Turian can chain together almost non-stop continuous fire. Probably non-stop with that heavy machine gun I still haven't unlocked.

DLC soon. Can't wait.

Omega

Banned
Confession Time

I used the Turian Soldier today. Yes. Shameless. But the proxy mine buff from way back had a decent effect on things. Also, Marksman, when paired with some of the newer weapons is just wow.

6/0/6/6/6 Full weapons damage, rate of fire, headshot damage, proxy buff build

that's a natural 40% damage increase at all times even before marksman. Throw in marksman's own damage and headshot buff and you've got a laser - I used the Phaeston before... and it was okay. Then I used the Revenant X. Which was pretty good.

Piranha + Marksman = Fist of God
Reegar = Cthulhu
Indra = meh... nice for some maps I suppose.
Revenant = "LAY ZER" and there's also a nice little thing you can do between proxy mines and marksman cooldowns. keep firing. the revenant has a really big clip. throw a proxy mine, hold down the trigger. you'll most likely still be firing the same clip by the time the cooldown is over with - marksman reloads your clip so pour it on.
Harrier = Death Ray
Particle Beam = mehhhhh its aite
Hurricane = Katrina

ALSO

The stagger stuff mentioned in the patch notes? It makes a huge difference. Krogans and Batarians don't budge when taking Geth Prime fire to the grill. Other classes (yes, the Turian soldier) get rocked and they get locked just as easy as before.
'

you left the Typhoon off this list.

Particle Rifle sucks with it. Unlike the Destroyer it doesn't benefit from extra ammo, so it doesn't really benefit from Marksman and it's auto-reload. You have to completely overheat the gun for it to autoreload, and even then it doesn't fully recharge it, it has to gradually get back to the max.

Melchiah

Any suggestions on how to spec the Geth Infiltrator, and I guess Claymore or Reegar would be the best option if you don't have Piranha? Although both of them are heavy as hell.

Bisnic

Sucks that we wont hear Harbinger taunts us... but, there is hope!

yeah... There was some discussion about that... In the end we decided to keep it out, I can easily imagine it getting pretty annoying. The pilot is chirpy enough as is.

That said if its really something that people are looking for, we could always look into it for later on.

There seems to be a thread about it on BSN, so even though that place is a mess sometimes, its the best place to do it : http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14418219

Tsukumo

Confession Time

I used the Turian Soldier today.

Reegar = Cthulhu

How should marksman be specced for Reegar and what mods should I put on it? Never tried that combination but as soon as I've read it I thought: YES! ^_^

Bisnic

I can't wait to try this later today. I'm glad that they also included more than just Collectors and new characters. Those challenges are going to be a great addition, and i really wonder what those environmental hazards will actually do, and if they're there all the time.

Bisnic

So it appears the Volus are ultra rare cards. But hey, I finally got a harrier!

Noooo. Why would they do that to my Biotic God? With my "luck", it will take months to unlock one of them, considering the Harrier is STILL not mine.

Well, at least there is 4 of them, i guess it could be worst...

Nori Chan

About to go on a 7 psp spending spree. I can't wait to be disappointed

1: grenade capacity 3 and reegar 4
2: Batarian Soldier and Phoenix adept. wat
3: Falcon 6 and Collector Sniper. First new thing. Looks like it doesn't need a thermal clip
4: Geth Shotgun 8 and Reegar 5. Really?
5: VOLUS ENGINEER ULTRA RARE HAHAHAHA...and arc pistol 8 lulz
6: Krysae 6 and Destroyer!!! Fuck yeah about time
7: Hornet 9 and striker 9.

So as usual I get shit. Also they have you an option to show your last pack at the store. So if the servers get down when you're buying a pack you could probably see it......maybe

Xevren

You mean a new area(s)?

The Volus are available already?! o_O

EDIT: Hopefully I'll get a Harrier tomorrow as well with my 1.1m credits.

2 volus are in as of now, White and Glacier have had changes to the map. The camping room in glacier is blocked off, while new area's are open in White.

Melchiah

2 volus are in as of now, White and Glacier have had changes to the map. The camping room in glacier is blocked off, while new area's are open in White.

I thought the Volus came later. Good to hear there are changes to the old maps. What's the camping room in Glacier?

Xevren

About to go on a 7 psp spending spree. I can't wait to be disappointed

1: grenade capacity 3 and reegar 4
2: Batarian Soldier and Phoenix adept. wat
3: Falcon 6 and Collector Sniper. First new thing. Looks like it doesn't need a thermal clip
4: Geth Shotgun 8 and Reegar 5. Really?
5: VOLUS ENGINEER ULTRA RARE HAHAHAHA...and arc pistol 8 lulz
6: Krysae 6 and Destroyer!!! Fuck yeah about time

You didnt even have the original stuff capped out, why are you so surprised when you get them? :p

Nori Chan

You didnt even have the original stuff capped out, why are you so surprised when you get them? :p
Oh cause even before the dlc I never got them

usually my gripes are that I never get character cards and always weapons lol

fake edit: at the weapon choosing screen it tells you that if the weapon is an n7 or gold weapon by the colored border. Neat

Bisnic

Volus are already there huh? How do they look like while running? Jumping over cover? Shooting from cover? My mind have a hard time trying to imagine it.

Xevren

Volus are already there huh? How do they look like while running? Jumping over cover? Shooting from cover? My mind have a hard time trying to imagine it.

They look funny while they do everything haha. I don't even see the point in getting into cover with them for the most part since they can barely peek over normal cover as is. All I know is the recon mines seem pretty awesome. I don't have one, just played with a friend that got the engineer.

DY_nasty

Bout to download this right now. Got money in the bank too.
How should marksman be specced for Reegar and what mods should I put on it? Never tried that combination but as soon as I've read it I thought: YES! ^_^

Reegar needs AP rounds. Shotgun equipment for lulz. Marksman provides the best ROF boost in the game.

X-Frame

Apparently new character cards will be received even after unlocking all customization options. Hopefully it can be fixed before balance changes today or else I don't want to spend credits. I'll wait until its fixed.

DY_nasty

Apparently new character cards will be received even after unlocking all customization options. Hopefully it can be fixed before balance changes today or else I don't want to spend credits. I'll wait until its fixed.

Is there a link to a list of issues yet?

Bisnic

Is this another case of people getting the common human cards even when they're maxed? This has always been the case. As long as it doesnt affect uncommon and rare ones at least...

Sajjaja

Eerrrrrr.... I don't know where the multiplayer dlc is. I booted it up and checked the DLC page but there was nothing there. In Canada? Wuts up?

X-Frame

Is this another case of people getting the common human cards even when they're maxed? This has always been the case. As long as it doesnt affect uncommon and rare ones at least...

It affects the new Retaliation DLC characters only. So the new Turian's, Volus. BW has a sticky as of 30 minutes ago that it should be fixed today.

Bisnic

It affects the new Retaliation DLC characters only. So the new Turian's, Volus. BW has a sticky as of 30 minutes ago that it should be fixed today.

Oh, nothing to worry about then since i don't have 10 millions saved up and having the chance to max a Retalation character today is impossible for me.

exYle

First off, we successfully completed the weekend Op. Yay!
Secondly, all of the new character powers have been revealed:

Adepts:
Volus: stasis, biotic orbs, shield boost.
Krogan shaman: barrier, shockwave, warp.
Batarian slasher: warp, cluster grenade, lash.

Soldiers:
Turian havoc: cryo blast, havoc strike, stimulant pack.
Geth trooper: hunter mode, flamer, fortification.
Quarian marksman: marksman, tactical scan, sabotage.

Engineers:
Volus: proximity mine, shield boost, recon mine.
Turian saboteur: sabotage, sentry turret, homing grenade.
Vorcha hunter: bloodlust, incinerate, submission net.

Sentinels:
Volus mercenary: decoy, combat drone, shield boost.
Asari valkyrie (droooool, on a personal note): tech armor, annihilation field, warp.

Infiltrators:
Turian ghost: overload, tactical cloak, stimulant pack.
Drell assassin: tactical cloak, homing grenade, recon mine.
Asari huntress (again, droooool): tactical cloak, dark channel, warp.

Vanguards:
Volus protector: biotic charge, biotic orbs, shield boost.
Batarian brawler: biotic charge, blade armor, lash.

Bisnic

The lack of new powers is disappointing(or rather, most of the new characters only have old powers), but i guess they had to run out of ideas one day...

Sai

I've only been able to play two games since I downloaded Retaliation. One against the Geth, and one against the Collectors.

That new Bomber thing is more of an annoyance than anything, but I can see how it might become a little more problematic on Gold/Platinum for players that have become too accustomed to playing against the Geth a certain way. Everybody kept mentioning the Hopper, so I was expecting something more like that.

The Collectors are aggressive jerks. Fun times... Need to add in Harbinger's voice though, just ain't the same without it.

Only purchased one PSP thus far, and unlocked the Collector Sniper. Decided to try purchasing them in between matches, instead of blowing everything in one go. Might yield better results.

Geth trooper: hunter mode, flamer, fortification.
Defense Matrix/"Geth Shield Boost" would have made tons more sense, don't ya think?

Bisnic

I've only been able to play two games since I downloaded Retaliation. One against the Geth, and one against the Collectors. That new Bomber thing is more of an annoyance than anything. Everybody kept mentioning the Hopper, so I was expecting something more like that.

The Collectors are aggressive jerks. Fun times. Need to add in Harbinger's voice though, just ain't the same without it.

Defense Matrix/"Geth Shield Boost" would have made tons more sense, don't ya think?

Aren't all those powers basically the same thing?

And what do the Bombers do? Throw bombs at you, but still act and look like a normal Geth?

Sai

Eh, Defense Matrix buffs your damage resistance like Fortification, but I thought there were some key differences. I'll check the Wiki later.

[EDIT] - Yeah, Defense Matrix/"Geth Shield Boost" restores your shields when you purge it, while Fortification increases your melee damage.

As for the Bomber, it's like a giant sentry turret that floats around like a Combat Drone. When you're close enough, it'll speed past you, leaving a bunch of timed grenades around your position.

[EDIT] - Is it true that Pyros can now execute and/or sync kill?

Top Bottom