• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Mindlog

Got to #8 on the worldwide points leaderboard. I guess people were playing since it launched because #1 already has more than double what I managed :p I just went for easy challenges. Solo Gold twice and you can get a ton of points.
Unlocking cards is going to be hard.

Turian Infiltrator can work those assault rifles.

krakov

Oh my god, the Turian Infiltrator is way too badass with his melee attacks and jet packs.

Collector Sniper runs out of ammo way too fast though. And the slow reloading makes it worst.

I think you're supposed to manage what little ammo you have and let it replenish rather than reload. I had some decent luck with it but I was playing silver at the time.

Nori Chan

I have 5 days on multiplayer in this game...sheesh.

Also it shows what titles you get for complete long challenges. Looks like you get them for beating the gold challenges

Sajjaja

Cool thing I noticed is that if a Praetorian grabsa mate and you biotic charge it, they'll let go. Either that it they don't have a finisher.

X-Frame

So now the ultimate question -- is it best to buy SP's or PSP's for this? I assume for Rare cards the PSP's are the best bang for your buck but SP's will give more consumables obviously.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Collectors

holy shit.

I just got through playing a silver match on hazard dagger and it was unreal. Couldn't see shit coming other than the fucking swarms. Random beams cutting through the distance. Flaming zombies... wow. Excellent stuff. GJ Bioware.
So now the ultimate question -- is it best to buy SP's or PSP's for this? I assume for Rare cards the PSP's are the best bang for your buck but SP's will give more consumables obviously.

When you're going for rare/ultra rare gear, always go PSP.

EekTheKat

Had one match with my new Turian Infiltrator on Gold, and it's looking very promising. Cerb Harrier kind of melts enemies with that character.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The changes to White are fantastic. Map flows a lot better, and is more challenging.

Glacier appears to have had numerous supply points completely removed, and that little room to the side has been blocked up. Maybe some cover removed too. It's okay. I kind of like that little room being there as the drone and capture points would sometimes spawn in there. Now there's no place to hide at all.

Haven't seen the Geth bomber in action, but the Dragoon is a bit of a game changer as far as I'm concerned. Cerberus have a pure armour proper stagger unit now, and they're very offensive in their play.

I also love that possessed Collector enemies are given new abilities. Gives them a whole new dynamic compared to the other classes.

Hazards <3. Simply, but great. Wish they were all there from the get go. Hoping BioWare makes every map in the game have a hazard, not just the vanilla six. I'm sure they will.

All in all *bow*. For all the shit EA and BioWare get for their business practices and Mass Effect 3 as a whole, the support for this multiplayer is simply tremendous. Not just fluff, but real, interesting changes and additions to the formula. A+++ effort. Would shop again.

Mindlog

I haven't had a chance to play White yet. Only Glacier and Hazards Dagger/Reactor. I don't like that Praetorians can just drift through the reactor door. Glacier's lower ammo box was moved to the staircase.
Someone blew 4 million of my credits after I had unlocked everything good. I told them the other characters weren't coming, but apparently they forgot >_<

Are the commendation packs out yet? When they are I'm going to hop on and try White.

Here we go, spending 2 million credits on PSPs.

The Results:
  • Turian Ghost
  • Volus Engineer
  • Turian Havok
  • BIOTIC G... Volus Adept
  • Collector Rifle I
  • Collector Sniper Rifle I

Awesome.png

Here we go, spending 2 million credits on PSPs.

The Results:
  • Turian Ghost
  • Volus Engineer
  • Turian Havok
  • BIOTIC G... Volus Adept
  • Collector Rifle I
  • Collector Sniper Rifle I

heh, nice. i have 2 million credits saved up too. i'd be more than happy with similar results! gotta wait til tomorrow to play though (stupid Euro PSN).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Great, Geth Bomber makes the Geth even more of a nightmare. It's like they've now got a perfect counter for every feasible tactic, with several buffs. In attempts to eliminate farming they've made them the toughest faction in the game.

Omega

Banned
You have my axe. Origin ID: Didact2401

Also, anyone have any Turian Ghost builds yet? Trying to determine if stimulant pack is worthy.

stimulant pack is always worthy.

I think I run a 6/3/6/6/5 build. I put three points into Overload because honestly, I won't be using it that much. It's a good ability, but I'd rather max out TC, Stim Pack and weapons damage. Rank 6 of TC gives you 20% AR damage for 10 seconds I think, so with a Harrier, you laugh at everything.

Stim Pack fully maxed with defensive upgrades makes you a tank. People thought the Kroguard was a tank, with a stim pack you make a Kroguard look like a Geth with no points in fitness

It only lasts for 9 seconds which isn't that great, but it's really helpful for objectives.

Great, Geth Bomber makes the Geth even more of a nightmare. It's like they've now got a perfect counter for every feasible tactic, with several buffs. In attempts to eliminate farming they've made them the toughest faction in the game.

so true. I wanted to mention this but thought I'd let people notice for themselves. When you factor in stunlock, the combat drone that stuns everything + knocks you out of cover and now the Geth Bomber, they're really cheap

If they remove stunlock they won't be so bad, but as of right now I wouldn't want to play them at all.

also, how come Reapers didn't get a new enemy? I always thought they were the easiest of the three, now it's even more cemented. the other enemies on Silver are probably harder than them on Gold now

X-Frame

2.6 million credits and weirdly I wanted Medical Transmitter a lot, and didn't get one. Oh well. I wonder what the radius is at Level V. It's 10m at Level I for reviving all teammates as well. That's pretty huge IMO.

Mindlog

I ran two Solo Geth Gold runs. That unit alone seems to have upped my completion time by about 5 minutes.

I grabbed my 360 back to pick up my Commendation Pack.
Eagle IV
Played a map of White. I really like those changes. Bioware really went all-in on anti farming with the White and Glacier changes.

EatChildren

Collectors, Silver, Firebase Dagger, Sandstorm, full extraction. Probably ranks as one of the most exciting games I've had. The atmosphere is so amazing, intense and intimidating. Very, very exciting. Can't wait for the other hazards to be implemented.

Omega

Banned
What assault rifle should I use...

i guess whatever weapon you feel most comfortable with.

I use a Harrier. Although it lacks in ammo, I play really aggressively and always by ammo crates so I never have to worry about it. Others don't like the Harrier because it's low ammo.

I hear Particle Rifle, Mattock and Saber are good but none of them really fit how I play so I don't bother with them.

EatChildren

Saber works brilliantly with my male Quarian Engineer. I like the Mattock too, with my Batarian Sentinel.

2.6 million credits and weirdly I wanted Medical Transmitter a lot, and didn't get one. Oh well. I wonder what the radius is at Level V. It's 10m at Level I for reviving all teammates as well. That's pretty huge IMO.

wait, what is that?!

Saber works brilliantly with my male Quarian Engineer. I like the Mattock too, with my Batarian Sentinel.

i've been rocking the Saber with Male Quarian Engineer as well :) it's quite nice, especially since mine is at level VII (other ultra rares are at III at most, lol).

X-Frame

The Slayer's Phase Disruptor is now able to detonate Cryo or Fire Explosions multiple times in a row with no recharge delay. Bringing Cryo or Incendiary Ammo will be amazing with him, not to mention if anyone else on the team is lighting or freezing enemies that Phase Disruptor is going to blow everything up with a huge firing radius of 7m or something.

Omega

Banned
wait, what is that?!

lets you use a medi-gel to revive other fallen teammates within 10 meters of you.

How is platinum? I used to do it on Rio by myself, but with the new enemies and everything I was wondering what should I be expecting.

I was going to attempt to solo it after Sons of Anarchy just to try and get that challenge completed with

Sai

Anybody still playing? Finally got a few hours to relax, get a few games in before I turn in. Be nice if I could do it with some people I know.

X-Frame

Collectors are 2x as hard as the previous enemies were pre-DLC. I haven't played any of the other enemies yet today so can't comment on them now, but I feel the Reapers are easily the easiest enemy now, haha.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Collectors are 2x as hard as the previous enemies were pre-DLC. I haven't played any of the other enemies yet today so can't comment on them now, but I feel the Reapers are easily the easiest enemy now, haha.

back in my day

reaper gold would make a whole lobby quit

Top Bottom