• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

X-Frame

Has anyone seen a Novaguard in a Gold match in the past 6 months? Actually, I don't think I've seen one in any match on any difficulty for the past 6 months ..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Has anyone seen a Novaguard in a Gold match in the past 6 months? Actually, I don't think I've seen one in any match on any difficulty for the past 6 months ..

As soon as the servers go back up, I'll bring a spamhard into a Gold match.

X-Frame

As soon as the servers go back up, I'll bring a spamhard into a Gold match.

Haha, me too. I just promoted my Vanguards because a bunch of them I want to try different builds, so I will use the Novaguard as I build back up to 20 today. Should be fun. :)

DY_nasty

Before servers went down, I ran three Platinum matches with two other Human Adepts on White.

2ez now.

Mindlog

Just checked, servers are up.
I played with a Fury on Reapers/Giant/Gold.
Going 11 rounds aggressively as a squishy class and not dying is rad.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Energy Drain still has its issues. :/

I guess we can look forward to another patch that claims to fix it in ~3 or so months, thanks to the wonderful certification process on consoles.

DY_nasty

I'm just going through and checking on a lot of the stuff from the patch. Getting re-acclimated to the game since being gone for a while. Charge works so much better than before. It locks easier, its 'cleaner', and I haven't seen a glitch yet. Singularity is boss and Human Adepts have quietly become one of the best classes in the game. Shockwave saw a lot of good gradual buffs over time and paired with Singularity, Human Adepts are just amazing biotic users. Pair them with a Vanguard and the Spamhard train hits harder than ever.

Crusader was made for Asari Vanguards. Waltz through a match, headshot everything. Lift Grenades getting the much needed damage buff is great as well. ALSO, because the damage buff was so huge, it allows people to spec the Lift Grenades for radius now - they're the new Cluster Grenade. Just gotta make sure you have another biotic user in your team to set off the fireworks. Stasis bubbles won't cut it.

ALSO I finally found a use for the Incisor lol. Put one on my Destroyer (since I still haven't got a fucking Typhoon) since the Rev doesn't hit quite as hard as it should and it has actually been a great secondary to the Piranha with that build. The Rate of Fire stuff works wonders with it. I roll with a Barrage V, so maybe that quells the stability issues some, but its still a nice little weapon now instead of a steaming turd like before.
What's wrong with it?

It won't apply the damage reduction bonus when you drain shields. Its the one hitch that keeps the Paladin good instead of godlike.

Bout to see what all has been done with Incinerate right now though.

Edit: Incinerate works great now. Like... its actually a valuable asset to any class. It combos off of Cryo Explosion like a charm.

But holy fuck I don't remember the Quarian Turret being so completely miserable. Maybe its just the flamethrower... I noticed rockets got a buff.

X-Frame

The Paladin was full of bugs, and now it's just full of less bugs now that Incinerate's Freeze Combo has been fixed. Anything that the Paladin detonates with Snap Freeze has the damage centered around the Paladin himself and not the enemy -- that apparently wasn't fixed in the patch. And since Energy Drain's Armor Boost in general is still bugged unless host -- the Paladin is still pretty bugged.

If those 2 bugs were fixed, and he could walk with the shield up, it would be a whole new ballgame for the Paladin.

DY_nasty

Is that really that much of a bug? I'd actually be disappointed if I lost the proxy tech explosions. Having explosions on myself lets me bring the party with me everywhere I go. Saist, Tsuko, Nori can all co-sign on that - Its a nice change of pace and really encourage you to jump right into the fight with the shield.

Walking with the shield up though... naw. That'd be like giving Spamhards reave instead of Shockwave.

I also noticed that when you promote a class now, you get two points to work with instead of 1 point already used and a free point. Nice touch.
I was really hoping for a fix with snap freeze tech combo's too, that would have been so great. Oh well :(
The Freeze shield/Cold Snap thing?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That's the top of the staircase on Firebase Glacier.

EDIT: Should have quoted you!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Its broken with everyone. It just doesn't effect Salarian's as much because they don't rely on the damage reduction.

Say what now? I just promoted my Engineers to change my Salarian powers and i took the damage reduction one. Dammit, looks like i'll have to do it again.

Nori Chan

Quoted for new page

pvpyC.jpg

I thought they were adding two turian classes.

CANNOT WAIT FOR DRELL ASSASSIN DOE

EatChildren

I thought they were adding two turian classes.

CANNOT WAIT FOR DRELL ASSASSIN DOE

They're adding three maybe. That class list is incomplete, showing thirteen of the planned sixteen. Four with the DLC, rest drip fed shortly after.

EatChildren

Yeah just realized that after I posted lol.

Any rumors of what kit it would be? Was it infiltrator?

Yep. Turian Infiltrator is one of the new ones.

exYle

They're adding three maybe. That class list is incomplete, showing thirteen of the planned sixteen. Four with the DLC, rest drip fed shortly after.

It's missing the already confirmed Turian Soldier and Infiltrator, as well as the leaked Quarian Marksman, which we can assume that based on the gaps in this chart is probably going to be a soldier. This completes the 16/16.

However, the leaked list also makes reference to a Turian Vanguard, not an Engineer. I'm guessing that was a mistake because a Turian Vanguard doesn't make any sense.

EDIT: in retrospect, the gaps in this chart do NOT necessarily mean the new Quarian will be a soldier. I was making an assumption because the Soldier is the only class that has one kit in that chart, but since we know there's a confirmed Turian Soldier and Infiltrator, that leaves the count at a "confirmed" 3 Ad, 2 Sol, 3 Eng, 2 Sen, 3 Inf, 2 Van. I think we can safely assume that Bioware will NOT give one class 4 new kits, two classes 3 new kits, and the rest 2 new kits, so the new Quarian must be either a Soldier, Sentinel, or Vanguard. There are no biotic Quarians, so it'll either be a Sentinel or a Soldier, with 3 classes with 3 kits and 3 classes with 2 kits.

DY_nasty

my bad tsuko

i didn't see your message until i logged off. i'll be sure to shoot you an invite next time

Tsukumo

my bad tsuko

i didn't see your message until i logged off. i'll be sure to shoot you an invite next time

no prob. I'll keep playing with puny pugs :)
Pick of the day:

-drell adept, acolyte. I end up in a white geth farm and I steal...like, 50k worth of Prime kills by bouncing acolyte bullets on the walls. What a gun

-another w/g/g. 3rd wave. Team sucks so I let myself die. One of them suddenly decides to put up a fight and goes through an entire storage of medi-gel to complete the pizza delivery mission: dude knows what's what and keeps walking backwards, problem is he's crowd controlling and doesn't notice he's stuck on one of the wings of the aircraft in the landing zone ^___^. He is moonwalking RIGHT ON THE BLUE LINE OF THE DELIVERY ZONE for a good minute, and then he gets downed by a pyro. Awesome stuff.

By the way, I'm really hyped about the new dlc. I think it's time to give Bioware what's due and buy them a premium pack with actual microsoft points instead of credits. This time they deserved it.
I can't believe I will finally get mah hands on a drell infiltrator...

X-Frame

I really really really hope that the new classes have their own unique armor and look, somehow. From the trailer it looks like all except the new Turian's have the same armor as characters we already have, and that would be disappointing.

Not to mention, if they did have new unique powers, they only showed the jetpacks in the trailer and the other new characters like the Batarian, Drell, or Krogan just used powers we already have.

So same look and same powers -- I hope they're placeholders and they're holding out on any unique powers for now until they're officially unveiled.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Not only are they really adding a Volus, but they're adding three? Incredible.

And thy combined my favorite character with my favorite class - Drell Infiltrator.

Oh and here's a little write-up on what to expect with the new DLC changes - now we get our rewards as soon as we complete our goal instead of waiting till the next Tuesday, and the challenges will be back to weekly events. The new kits plus other stuff will be added each week too.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/08/developer-blog-updates-coming-to-me3-multiplayer/

BioWare, you guys are doing incredible work. Other devs seriously need to take note with the monster support they've given this game's MP, all on a F2P formula.

exYle

I was just about to post that. Admittedly, all this weekend challenge stuff seems to me like it should've already been implemented, I'm very glad that Bioware put the time and effort to actually build it in. The new challenges also sound great.

Overall, I'm super happy about the game.

Bisnic

Not only are they really adding a Volus, but they're adding three? Incredible.

And thy combined my favorite character with my favorite class - Drell Infiltrator.

Oh and here's a little write-up on what to expect with the new DLC changes - now we get our rewards as soon as we complete our goal instead of waiting till the next Tuesday, and the challenges will be back to weekly events. The new kits plus other stuff will be added each week too.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/08/developer-blog-updates-coming-to-me3-multiplayer/

BioWare, you guys are doing incredible work. Other devs seriously need to take note with the monster support they've given this game's MP, all on a F2P formula.

Yeah, most people assumed the mode would have been abandoned after a few months, but it's still going strong with support and new DLC.

Omega

Banned
how often do you guys play it on xbox?

i was going to get the ME collection on the 6th but I need people to play with as I hate public, and my friends can barely beat Gold..

oh and if you guys didn't see it, they had a blog post saying that weekend operations will take place every week now. Not only that, you can track your progress and will get the packs once you complete the challenge instead of waiting until tuesday

X-Frame

The support for the multiplayer is really outstanding. Of course it's all about money, so they must be taking in a lot of money to justify all the DLC and support.

New classes each week plus weekend events each week plus challenge points plus the recent patch and this MP should blossom again.

Omega

Banned
The support for the multiplayer is really outstanding. Of course it's all about money, so they must be taking in a lot of money to justify all the DLC and support.

New classes each week plus weekend events each week plus challenge points plus the recent patch and this MP should blossom again.

i would assume so

every week someone posts a thread in gaming that's sums of the most downloaded stuff on PSN.

Premium Spectre Pack is always number 2. There's no numbers, but considering it's above CoD DLCs it's probably a decent number.

not to mention ME is more popular on PC/360. there's no doubt in my mind they make double giving the DLCs for free than if they charged.

Bisnic

I don't even know why people would want to pay real money for random rewards. I assume most people who DO pay still have a lot of items left to unlock so it's still somewhat worth it. But people like me who only have a few gear and ultra rares left wouldn't waste their money when Premium Spectre Packs mostly give consumables rank IV.

Sajjaja

I don't even know why people would want to pay real money for random rewards. I assume most people who DO pay still have a lot of items left to unlock so it's still somewhat worth it. But people like me who only have a few gear and ultra rares left wouldn't waste their money when Premium Spectre Packs mostly give consumables rank IV.

What if when they buy it with real money, EA recognizes it and gives them better PSPs.......

Think about it.

DY_nasty

What if when they buy it with real money, EA recognizes it and gives them better PSPs.......

Think about it.

Doesn't happen. lol

I get a couple of gift cards every month for microsoft points and they almost always go straight into ME. There is no love in it.

I haven't got a UR drop in nearly two months.

Omega

Banned

pretty much. I only have URs left to unlock and it's annoying.

I've had ridiculous stretches where I've gotten 40 PSPs or more and still no ultra rares.

the most I've gone was 62 straight packs with no guns.

X-Frame

I really enjoy playing as the N7 Slayer. I am running 6/6/0/6/6 with nothing in Biotic Slash, and basically my playstyle is Target > PD PD PD > Charge > PD PD PD > Charge .. etc etc. With a 200% reload time he can get off 3 quick PD's and then charge again very quickly and doing about 800 damage 3x before consumables or mods over 5.2m is great for killing and CC. Not to mention he can sit back and snipe from across the map as his range is infinite, teleport, light melee attacks are super fun and effective. I thought he was terrible when he first came out, but have changed my mind.

Also, the Phoenix Adept is such a powerful Adept now with the new Singularity. Carry an Acolyte and just Singularity + Fire Acolyte Shot = Pulled Targets. I am debating if I want to respec out of Smash and just go Singularity and Lash, and leave the Smash for the Phoenix Vanguard. The PA seems too squishy and seems to be better suited as a combat manipulator from medium to long range with Lash and Singularities everywhere.

What does everyone else run on their PA?

EatChildren

PA?

EDIT: Oh, Phoenix Adept.

It's missing the already confirmed Turian Soldier and Infiltrator, as well as the leaked Quarian Marksman, which we can assume that based on the gaps in this chart is probably going to be a soldier. This completes the 16/16.

However, the leaked list also makes reference to a Turian Vanguard, not an Engineer. I'm guessing that was a mistake because a Turian Vanguard doesn't make any sense.

EDIT: in retrospect, the gaps in this chart do NOT necessarily mean the new Quarian will be a soldier. I was making an assumption because the Soldier is the only class that has one kit in that chart, but since we know there's a confirmed Turian Soldier and Infiltrator, that leaves the count at a "confirmed" 3 Ad, 2 Sol, 3 Eng, 2 Sen, 3 Inf, 2 Van. I think we can safely assume that Bioware will NOT give one class 4 new kits, two classes 3 new kits, and the rest 2 new kits, so the new Quarian must be either a Soldier, Sentinel, or Vanguard. There are no biotic Quarians, so it'll either be a Sentinel or a Soldier, with 3 classes with 3 kits and 3 classes with 2 kits.

Yeah. The match ups might not be accurate. It's also worth noting that the patch leaks aren't always named correctly, so the classes may shuffle around.

X-Frame

I run as a Slayer with no biotic slash too, I love using disrupter ammo to set up tech bursts with PD. So fun.

What weapon do you use? I've found it so easy to just run the Acolyte with him as well and strip shields and then just Charge + PD until they're dead. Once they're down to health, which is after just 1 Acolyte shot, it's very easy to destroy everything without any tech bursts.

Omega

Banned
I really enjoy playing as the N7 Slayer. I am running 6/6/0/6/6 with nothing in Biotic Slash, and basically my playstyle is Target > PD PD PD > Charge > PD PD PD > Charge .. etc etc. With a 200% reload time he can get off 3 quick PD's and then charge again very quickly and doing about 800 damage 3x before consumables or mods over 5.2m is great for killing and CC. Not to mention he can sit back and snipe from across the map as his range is infinite, teleport, light melee attacks are super fun and effective. I thought he was terrible when he first came out, but have changed my mind.

Also, the Phoenix Adept is such a powerful Adept now with the new Singularity. Carry an Acolyte and just Singularity + Fire Acolyte Shot = Pulled Targets. I am debating if I want to respec out of Smash and just go Singularity and Lash, and leave the Smash for the Phoenix Vanguard. The PA seems too squishy and seems to be better suited as a combat manipulator from medium to long range with Lash and Singularities everywhere.

What does everyone else run on their PA?

yeah Slayer is probably the most high risk, high reward of the Vanguards.

I've been running that setup for the longest, I carry an Acolyte just to strip shields and barriers, PD does everything else.

Haven't used the PA but I've been wanting to try him out. I don't have a re-spec though and I skipped out on singularity before (pre-patch it wasn't even worth having imo)

Xevren

What weapon do you use? I've found it so easy to just run the Acolyte with him as well and strip shields and then just Charge + PD until they're dead. Once they're down to health, which is after just 1 Acolyte shot, it's very easy to destroy everything without any tech bursts.

I use the hurricane on him.

EatChildren

The only Adept I play is Drell, specced for fast Pull/Reave spam and radius/quantity cluster grenades. This is partially due to only having unlocked the Asari Justicar. No Phoenix or Fury for me. And I hate playing as the Justicar.

Mindlog

Word.
I join a Reaper/Rio game mid-match with my Turian Sentinel to test Warp/Incendiary with a Wraith X. We win pretty easily, but I didn't extract because a Banshee jumped up behind my while I killed its partner.

Same team of randoms get ready for another U/R/G. I switch to N7 Fury, but hesitate because there are two arc grenade users. Host changes to Drell Adept and eventually everybody is a biotic. We steamroll Goddess, but I die in the extract circle. Down 14k credits.

Same team of randoms get ready for another U/R/G. Host changes to a Krogan. We all change to Krogan. We steamroll Jade and I successfully extract.

Four Krogan running around laughing like maniacs will never get old.

X-Frame

Word.
I join a Reaper/Rio game mid-match with my Turian Sentinel to test Warp/Incendiary with a Wraith X. We win pretty easily, but I didn't extract because a Banshee jumped up behind my while I killed its partner.

Same team of randoms get ready for another U/R/G. I switch to N7 Fury, but hesitate because there are two arc grenade users. Host changes to Drell Adept and eventually everybody is a biotic. We steamroll Goddess, but I die in the extract circle. Down 14k credits.

Same team of randoms get ready for another U/R/G. Host changes to a Krogan. We all change to Krogan. We steamroll Jade and I successfully extract.

Four Krogan running around laughing like maniacs will never get old.

I played a game yesterday on Glacier/Gold against Cerberus with an all Geth Infiltrator team and I couldn't believe how quickly everything died. It was so easy it was almost like we were playing Bronze.

All Vorcha are pretty fun too, hearing them all jabbering all match.

Top Bottom