• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Epicus Failus

Neo Member
Eh, Defense Matrix buffs your damage resistance like Fortification, but I thought there were some key differences. I'll check the Wiki later.

[EDIT] - Yeah, Defense Matrix/"Geth Shield Boost" restores your shields when you purge it, while Fortification increases your melee damage.

As for the Bomber, it's like a giant sentry turret that floats around like a Combat Drone. When you're close enough, it'll speed past you, leaving a bunch of timed grenades around your position.

[EDIT] - Is it true that Pyros can now execute and/or sync kill?

Yeah Pyros can execute now :(

Sai

Lol! Good! Love how they're making the Geth so formidable now.

I wanna play more, wanna unlock that Volus... Gotta wait though. :(

[EDIT] - The Multiplayer Manifest is still messed up. Any word from Bioware about this?

X-Frame

BSN is really praising the new Turians too. Apparently when Stim Pack is specced for shields it'll give 4000 shields for 9 seconds. That could definitely come in handy.

Also, the Havoc having Cryo Blast seems like it'll help a lot. Freeze a bunch of enemies and then Havoc Strike them, shattering them into a bazillion pieces. At least, that seems to work out well in my head. I can't wait to play tonight.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
More than likely complete challenges. I played maybe 7-8 games and almost finished the Claymore challenge. Well, I think I'm at 70% anyway. Some are going to take some time.

How does challenge works? Is it just killing 1000 enemies with a Mattock to unlock a certain title or something like that? I wonder if those titles or banners are only visible in lobbies, or if they're shown ingame too.

Omega

Banned
So how are the Collectors?

DLC doesn't come out for a while on PS3 because Sony fails and updates the store at like 9pm..

Xevren

How does challenge works? Is it just killing 1000 enemies with a Mattock to unlock a certain title or something like that? I wonder if those titles or banners are only visible in lobbies, or if they're shown ingame too.

For specific weapons you need to get so many points with a gun to complete the challenge. There's a wide variety of challenges though, like playing for so many waves as a specific race/class. Get so many kills with specific abilities, play so many times on difficulties. Stuff like that.

DLC doesn't come out for a while on PS3 because Sony fails and updates the store at like 9pm..

I have fun against them. They do some crazy damage, so if you happen to get a crappy objective it can be pretty rough. Praetorians and Scions can be pretty evil, and you really have to watch out if an abomination is possessed.

Bisnic

For specific weapons you need to get so many points with a gun to complete the challenge. There's a wide variety of challenges though, like playing for so many waves as a specific race/class. Get so many kills with specific abilities, play so many times on difficulties. Stuff like that.

I have fun against them. They do some crazy damage, so if you happen to get a crappy objective it can be pretty rough. Praetorians and Scions can be pretty evil, and you really have to watch out if an abomination is possessed.

Do we know what title or banner each challenge unlock? I'd hate to kill 1000 enemies with a Predator pistol only to get the title "Omega Scum Bisnic" without knowing it before i start. :lol

Xevren

Do we know what title or banner each challenge unlock? I'd hate to kill 1000 enemies with a Predator pistol only to get the title "Omega Scum Bisnic" without knowing it before i start. :lol

If there is a way to tell, I didn't notice it. I didn't get a lot of sleep so it's possible I overlooked it.

Mindlog

Possessed Abominations are dicks.
You'll see.
You'll all see.

Also there's a bug that keeps giving the Turian Classes even after I have them maxxed.
Gear is once again going to be a pain in the ass to unlock. I have the Collecter SMG X, Volus Adept fully unlocked and Engineer almost full. Fewer pieces of gear are unlocked. The manifest is all fucked up right now.

I was planning on playing X-Com today, but someone asked me to teach them. This DLC had particularly excellent timing.

The Volus light melee made me chuckle.
*Now available on PSN.

Melchiah

Yeah Pyros can execute now :(

WTF?! Playing against the Geth with Kroguard was fun, as they were the only faction incapable of executing, I guess not so much fun anymore. =( The one-hit kill enemies are the worst part of the game. Don't tell me the Collectors have one or two of them as well.

I just watched a couple of those Volus gameplay clips, and the butterball's rolling and mumbling makes me chuckle. Can't wait to try him out.

Bisnic

WTF?! Playing against the Geth with Kroguard was fun, as they were the only faction incapable of executing, I guess not so much fun anymore. =( The one-hit kill enemies are the worst part of the game. Don't tell me the Collectors have one or two of them as well.

I just watched a couple of those Volus gameplay clips, and the butterball's rolling and mumbling makes me chuckle. Can't wait to try him out.

Isn't execute just stomping on you when you are down? Not one-hit kill abilities like Banshees or Phantoms.

Nori Chan

I hate the collector.

Also guys whenever you see a possessed abomination, melee it to the best of your ability. Make sure you're close to them.

And I'm guessing that you have to get the third tier of challenge to get the title maybe? I've done two tiers of grenade damage and nothing else.

Also it now shows to everyone how many times you promoted the certain class you are using. As well as challenge points you get from the challenges. So n7 rating, promotions, ad challenge points are viewable at the lobby

Mindlog

I hate the collector.

Also guys whenever you see a possessed abomination, melee it to the best of your ability. Make sure you're close to them.

And I'm guessing that you have to get the third tier of challenge to get the title maybe? I've done two tiers of grenade damage and nothing else.

Also it now shows to everyone how many times you promoted the certain class you are using. As well as challenge points you get from the challenges. So n7 rating, promotions, ad challenge points are viewable at the lobby
That's what that blue bar is. I was mystified.

Omega

Banned
Volus Engineer looks fun.

I said I'd never use them but he looks too good to pass up.

Recon mine weakens enemies, and then proxy mine weakens them even more. Atlases are gonna look like Assault Troopers. Plus Shield Boost.

Seems like a true support class.

Tsukumo

Couple of impressions

-Volus seem to have cool powers. One of their (adept) abilities can be used as a set of biotic grenades that float around and you throw at will, yet if you keep them at your side you can get up to a 60% power recharge bonus.
-Volus melee is kinda...a portable tactical cloak basically, not what I expected. Still: the heavy melee, Halo-like protective bubble with transparent hexagons is absolutely rad.
All in all I would say they did a good job: it's a tricky character with lots of unique features. Can't wait to unlock the engi and see what recon mines are all about.

-Still ain't got my way around the turian infiltrator. The havok soldier though...his havock strike looks cool but it's a charge without the shield restoration. Yes, he gets those operative packs but it's not like I can use one everytime I spearhead an enemy spawn. Also the melee evolution on havok strike doesn't combo with cryo blast, so basically this is a soldier with a debuffer and an attack that only gets you good damage against health. Havok strike doesn't seem to work like a melee and doesn't get any buff from melee upgrade. Still, movement wise this character is pure awesomeness: teleportation? noooooo: jetpack, dude. Jetpack! ^_^

-The tweaks to the maps are spot on. White has turned into something completely different. Good job Bioware.

-Challenges are...it's good they are present, but I would have much appreciated if they would have been a matter of ability rather than just piling up points. Bioshock 2 multi (not that I'm comparing the two of them, it's just that I never played multi aside of Gears and Bio2) had all this roundabout ways to use powers and weapons to complete the challenges attached to them. Then again, they can always add more challenges ^___^

-Playing in the new maps with hazards is a blast (...literally). I will stick to those as much as I can. They added a lot of little graphical touches that enhance the mood of the maps: like in Dagger I got the sandstorm weather, with lampposts scattered all over the place projecting a rather gloomy light, and the vent exhaustions now have little pieces of...plastic? paster? attached to them, showing air going through them. Neat!

collectors are ridiculous. harder on silver than reapers on Gold.

Too many Harbingers. Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to let him possess multiple enemy types at the same time? He should've been a class of his own, and only appear a few times a round.

Fuck those exploding possessed dudes, too.

Recon mines are god's gift to the vol-clan, seriously. I got two killstreaks with those things.

X-Frame

Omg omg omg. Bring out the Quarian Female Engineers or anyone with Incinerate/Carnage. Game changer:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 9, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New weapon mods available
- Assault Rifle Thermal Scope
- Assault Rifle High-Velocity Barrel
- Shotgun Omni-Blade
- Shotgun High-Velocity Barrel
- Sniper Rifle Thermal Scope
- Sniper Rifle High-Velocity Barrel
- Pistol Heavy Barrel

Singularity Power
- Duration of singularity decreased from 25 to 8 seconds (October 2 balance changes missed this)

Cryo Explosion Power Combo
- Like Biotic Explosion or Tech Burst combos, this combo can now occur without killing the target.
- Damage increased from [50-125] to [75-200]
- Impact radius decreased from [3-5] meters to [2-4] meters

Fire Explosion Power Combo
- Like Biotic Explosion or Tech Burst combos, this combo can now occur without killing the target.
- Impact radius decreased from [3-6] meters to [2-4] meters
- Damage decreased from [150-375] to [100-250]
- Damage-over-time damage decreased from [20-50] to [12.5-31.25]

Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue where you could get an unlimited number of the new character cards
- Fixed issue allowing players to see the unreleased Retaliation kits in the character selection screen

Omega

Banned
Too many Harbingers. Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to let him possess multiple enemy types at the same time? He should've been a class of his own, and only appear a few times a round.

Fuck those exploding possessed dudes, too.

Recon mines are god's gift to the vol-clan, seriously. I got two killstreaks with those things.

They also seem a lot smarter than the other enemies. Not sure if they buffed the AI all around, but Collectors aren't stupid. I tried running loops to bring them away from the objective and they refused to move.

They also set up their fucking collector webs on ammo crates..

Possessed Abominations = fml

saw this idiot biotic charge into one after I told him "don't be near him"

My volus engineer is all bussiness. Fear his chubby vengeance.

Speaking of business: I'm glad they upped the pay rates. Now you can actually buy a PSP with 3 Silver games, it's great.

I just redeemed my Victory pack. When are we getting our commendation packs?

Bisnic

Drill & Explosive Rounds? This is new! Don't remember reading about those.

Turian Ghost and Collector Sniper Rifle in my 1st PSP.

Imokwiththis.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Cryo Explosion Power Combo
- Damage increased from [50-125] to [75-200]

- Impact radius decreased from [3-5] meters to [2-4] meters

Fire Explosion Power Combo
- Impact radius decreased from [3-6] meters to [2-4] meters
- Damage decreased from [150-375] to [100-250]
- Damage-over-time damage decreased from [20-50] to [12.5-31.25]
This is HUGE

holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck

I don't think people realize how big of a deal this is. Its not just the abilities (and the immediate wow @ incinerate/cryo blast combo. its the shit) but ammo mods too. Cryo rounds just became invaluable in any scenario. Quarian Female Engineer, Paladin, Human Infiltrator are going to go from setup/support characters to stand alone beasts for soloing gold and every soldier just got a massive boost as well.

Omega

Banned
-Still ain't got my way around the turian infiltrator. The havok soldier though...his havock strike looks cool but it's a charge without the shield restoration. Yes, he gets those operative packs but it's not like I can use one everytime I spearhead an enemy spawn.

grenade capacity fills up stimulus packs

stimulant pack > havok strike = rape a spawn

Bisnic

Oh my god, the Turian Infiltrator is way too badass with his melee attacks and jet packs.

Collector Sniper runs out of ammo way too fast though. And the slow reloading makes it worst.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Definitely feeling the Collectors. They've got that Geth 'quality' of laying into you with hard hitting rounds, and the mix of units seems pretty good. Harby's voice needs to come back though. It's just not the same without ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. They're fun to fight though and I look forward to working out some better tactics against them.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
All Turians and Equipment Upgrades (that I already should've had) so far. Along with Indra III and Scorpion III.

This is karma.

edit: lol saber 8

edit2: i'm really about to max a turian havoc right now. y god y

Omega

Banned
Definitely feeling the Collectors. They've got that Geth 'quality' of laying into you with hard hitting rounds, and the mix of units seems pretty good. Harby's voice needs to come back though. It's just not the same without ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. They're fun to fight though and I look forward to working out some better tactics against them.

yeah

they're by far the most challenging, but they're not "cheap" like the Geth. They don't have bullshit stunlock or anything so they're actually a legitimately challenging enemy

Top Bottom