• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

X-Frame

The Krogan Shaman is pretty underwhelming, mostly because I feel Shockwave is a terrible biotic power, even though it is a powerful detonator. It is just clunky and buggy and awkward.

A lot of the skillsets for the leaked DLC characters seem lackluster, there's only a few that I am looking forward to and would see myself using. No other unique powers coming up except for what we've seen. BioWare gave us all the new abilities in the first 4 classes with the Turians and Volus and that's it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
i dont.think there has ever.been a clear objective.from bioware where i didnt have followup questions. they should at least explain how to get.a gold medal rather than assuming everyone knows.

Ok, it's been bothering me for a while, why are you using dots instead of spaces sometimes?

exYle

Question: Is there any benefit to using the Widow over the Black Widow? I know the Widow does more damage, but it does that damage outweigh the increased DPS of the Black Widow?

I'm guessing a Widow X with reload cancel will reliably beat a Black Widow DPS-wise from BW I through VI.

exYle

So, to get the Stasis challenge, I've been running an Asari Vanguard with the Kishock, with decent results.

Except Stasis + Sniper combo gets me about only 6000 points toward the challenge. Dammit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So, to get the Stasis challenge, I've been running an Asari Vanguard with the Kishock, with decent results.

Except Stasis + Sniper combo gets me about only 6000 points toward the challenge. Dammit.
If you can, rock the Crusader.

I rolled with the Crusader and Grenade Capacity V and had great results when it came to challenges. It's my favorite class post-patch and I maxed everything in no time (except charge. save that for a spamhard).

exYle

If you can, rock the Crusader.

I rolled with the Crusader and Grenade Capacity V and had great results when it came to challenges. It's my favorite class post-patch and I maxed everything in no time (except charge. save that for a spamhard).

Really? What difference would using a Crusader make?

DY_nasty

Really? What difference would using a Crusader make?

Crusader's DPS matches perfectly with the Stasis 'gate' up until Platinum. A lot of times, I'll notice that some weapons either hit so hard that they'll knock an enemy out of Stasis too soon to get the most out of the bubble or that they'll not do the job fast enough that it allows me to progress to the next target with ease.

Its a rhythm thing.

DY_nasty

Ah, I see. What kind of cooldowns were you getting? I have a Crusader VI and it's heaavy.

I've got a Crusader V, its 50-60%ish. But with Stasis' 30%luck skill and Lift Grenades out the ass, you can create all the space you need to never have to worry about cooldown related issues. I rarely use Charge with this class though - even though it's maxed. Maybe for boss enemies to get the weapon damage boost and a quick shield regen, but its not something you bank on.

Bisnic

Just got a Turian Ghost yay finally a new character. What to do GAF, specs, weapons halp ;)

Fuck I still miss like 6 characters from old packs that I really would love to play :/

DY_nasty

You're crazy. :p

One of my friends told me that Banshees have numerous safe periods.

The black 'halo' around the Banshee is supposedly the signal that lets you know that its coming to hit you right between the tits. I can't tell how true it is though...

Nope. Just like any other challenge. You'll get a notification in game when you complete it and then whatever happens after doesn't matter.
ive never seen a single notification in ANY challenge ive ever done. i did the 50 melee kills with the krogan so i guess thats enough..

EekTheKat

You're crazy. :p

Did another melee gold run and still no packs, hopefully one shows up in a few hours.

It's more of a "if a Banshee is attacking then she can't sync kill me" sort of thing with me. Glowing ball doesn't hurt a Kroguard, so sometimes it helps to bait them into launching one.

Occasionally, a courageous teammate will feed themselves to a Banshee to please the Krogods. That's when you can get some quality shots up close and personal too.

Just got a Turian Ghost yay finally a new character. What to do GAF, specs, weapons halp ;)

Fuck I still miss like 6 characters from old packs that I really would love to play :/

Overload is spec to 4 and has damage.
TC is spec maxed into duration, recharge speed and rifle damage.
His pill addiction is maxed out with max shields, extra drugs, survival
Armiger Legion is damage+ stabilize, headshots and weapon damage.
fitness is spec to 4 with health and shields.

and ya I am still missing the Geth's and N7 destroyer..N7 Paladin, Shaman, and Havoc..I really want the destroyer or a geth :( but instead got both the Volus.

X-Frame

ive never seen a single notification in ANY challenge ive ever done. i did the 50 melee kills with the krogan so i guess thats enough..

Really? I know immediately when I play when I complete a challenge. For example, if I have 1 headshot left and score one I'll get a notification in game telling me that I completed it and my progress for the overall gold challenge.

"Headshots 2 Completed"
"Combat Mastery 5/9"

I'll get those 2 notifications. 360 here btw.

Really? I know immediately when I play when I complete a challenge. For example, if I have 1 headshot left and score one I'll get a notification in game telling me that I completed it and my progress for the overall gold challenge.

"Headshots 2 Completed"
"Combat Mastery 5/9"

I'll get those 2 notifications. 360 here btw.
ok for challenges yes. but im talking about the weekend challenges not the things give you banners?

X-Frame

ok for challenges yes. but im talking about the weekend challenges not the things give you banners?

This is the first weekend challenge that should give you a notification. Any previous ones before this new challenge system came into effect never notified anyone. You just had to assume you cleared it. Now you should know instantly.

This is the first weekend challenge that should give you a notification. Any previous ones before this new challenge system came into effect never notified anyone. You just had to assume you cleared it. Now you should know instantly.
well i got the gold.melee medal with 50, but nothing saying.challenge completed..

Melchiah

I just did the challenge, Kroguard solo run against Cerberus on Giant/Bronze, piece of cake. Got the Hurricane in the Commendation pack. I also tried some Silver matches with Geth Engineer, equipped with Incendiary Rounds and Operative Package III (+8% tech damage). The tech explosions were beautiful, Brutes and Banshees went down in a matter of seconds. I was constantly on the top of the team. I'm loving the Geth Engineer even more now, but at the same time I'm already dreading the eventual nerf.

Bisnic

KAQxF.jpg

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Mindlog

Solo/Silver/Reapers/Kroguard.
Eagle V :|

I went to with that setup to get some grabs for that Dog of War banner. I'm making a lot of progress on that one. Then I see it takes 1m points of melee damage. fffffffffffffff

Sajjaja

I got my challenge complete notification at the end of the mission when the score screen was up. Not sure if that's how its suppose to be though.

That's how I got it too.

I'm finally experiencing the glory and power of the kroguard. Had him for a while but never really played him. So awesome just running around and meleeing stuff. Being able to take down 3 pyros and a prime or two at once.

Overload is spec to 4 and has damage.
TC is spec maxed into duration, recharge speed and rifle damage.
His pill addiction is maxed out with max shields, extra drugs, survival
Armiger Legion is damage+ stabilize, headshots and weapon damage.
fitness is spec to 4 with health and shields.

and ya I am still missing the Geth's and N7 destroyer..N7 Paladin, Shaman, and Havoc..I really want the destroyer or a geth :( but instead got both the Volus.

thanks will try this.

I am even missing the Asari Justicar and Cerberus Adept, and I mostly play adepts so it's really annoying :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bronze solo with a level one human vanguard against Collectors on Glacier was easier than I expected. Completed the challenge by soloing with a Krogan soldier on Bronze. Such bullshit, three people joined during the extraction wave. Did make for a pretty hilarious end score tally.

X-Frame

I still think it's ridiculous how grey Uncommon Gear is as rare to me as Ultra-Rare weapons. Once I get to about 90% done with unlocking all rare items I am going to just spam Veteran packs or something. I don't see any other way.

DY_nasty

I still think it's ridiculous how grey Uncommon Gear is as rare to me as Ultra-Rare weapons. Once I get to about 90% done with unlocking all rare items I am going to just spam Veteran packs or something. I don't see any other way.

That's what I had to do.

It actually worked out great though... got a ton of consumables in no time. The issue is that there are so many ways to get Rare/UR cards but only so many to get uncommons.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

It is indeed bullshit. The entire drop system is bullshit. I've defended it in the past, but no more.

It's also really baffling as even though I feel they've got a pretty solid F2P model there, they've bottlenecked the rewards into high value high rarity. And that's just fucking stupid. I can't imagine that keeps people playing, as it only panders to two groups: people already heavily invested with no sign of quitting, and high skill players earning a quid on gold and platinum matchers. Casual bronze/silver player who has unlocked common/uncommon stuff? Stiff shit, that carrot-on-a-stick is gone. Enjoy the grind.

Sai

Maxed out my Uncommon stuff just fine when I started buying nothing but Veteran Packs—good way to stock up on supplies/consumables too.

[EDIT] - Bisnic, h8 u so much. SO MUCH!

Bisnic

^^
I won't be surprised if a Hurricane X isn't that far away. Only two more ranks to get! :p

It is indeed bullshit. The entire drop system is bullshit. I've defended it in the past, but no more.

It's also really baffling as even though I feel they've got a pretty solid F2P model there, they've bottlenecked the rewards into high value high rarity. And that's just fucking stupid. I can't imagine that keeps people playing, as it only panders to two groups: people already heavily invested with no sign of quitting, and high skill players earning a quid on gold and platinum matchers. Casual bronze/silver player who has unlocked common/uncommon stuff? Stiff shit, that carrot-on-a-stick is gone. Enjoy the grind.

Well, I did saw this yesterday, so maybe there is hope :

Jayhau wrote...

Any plans to address the increasing number of gold cards?

There is a mountain that makes it difficult for new or retuning players to climb

That is definitely an issue that is being discussed at a higher level than I, yes.

EatChildren

Well, I did saw this yesterday, so maybe there is hope :

That would be ggggggggreat. It's their biggest hurdle at the moment, especially if they go F2P. It's like the total opposite of the TF2 drop system, bottlenecking rewards. Rework that, go F2P, wham bam thank you mam, no longer waiting an entire game just for people to join!

Bisnic

That would be ggggggggreat. It's their biggest hurdle at the moment, especially if they go F2P. It's like the total opposite of the TF2 drop system, bottlenecking rewards. Rework that, go F2P, wham bam thank you mam, no longer waiting an entire game just for people to join!

I think just adding a seperate Random Gear, Random Character and Random Weapon packs would greatly help. If you want new characters more than new weapons, then pick the pack that give you only those.

Or maybe just reduce the price of all packs. Although i doubt they'll do that since they'll get less money that way.

EatChildren

I think just adding a seperate Random Gear, Random Character and Random Weapon packs would greatly help. If you want new characters more than new weapons, then pick the pack that give you only those.

Or maybe just reduce the price of all packs. Although i doubt they'll do that since they'll get less money that way.

Something like that would be fine. Pack pricing or reworked rarity would be better though. As it is if you're a casual player you're going to be forced to grind, because those rare weapons/characters/equipment require spectre packs no matter how you spin it, and those credits cannot be earned unless you play multiple low level games or a couple of high level games. Don't a lot of time to invest? Stiff shit. Don't have a high skill level? Stiff shit. That's...kind of a big market of players to piss on.

Top Bottom