• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Chocobro

Is the game horribly laggy for anyone else? I can barely stay in a game...
Only a laggy match here or there on the 360.

I've been experiencing frequent framerate drops (wish I can play on the PC with my 360 Manifest) and a couple of matches where I'd join a match with invisible players. I'd see one other player but on the bottom some invisible third/fourth person would get combat medals.

Sajjaja

Only a laggy match here or there on the 360.

I've been experiencing frequent framerate drops (wish I can play on the PC with my 360 Manifest) and a couple of matches where I'd join a match with invisible players. I'd see one other player but on the bottom some invisible third/fourth person would get combat medals.

That happened to me last night. But I was like w.e., as long as I get to finish the awful map Ghost, and shit is dying, I don't care.

Xevren

Has anyone else experienced the glitch that well uh...makes you not do anything? Like, none of buttons will work, so I just can't do anything. It's been happening to me too often and it's really infuriating.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Has anyone else experienced the glitch that well uh...makes you not do anything? Like, none of buttons will work, so I just can't do anything. It's been happening to me too often and it's really infuriating.

I THINK it happened to me once in April/May or something. All i remember is that I was invincible, but couldn't pick any ammo or shoot at anything. I was like a moving Decoy.

An-Det

That's happened to me a couple times. I can move around but no buttons work, it sucks.

That happens occasionally, you can usually break out of it with a heavy melee.

EekTheKat

Thanks EA, more and more people are threatening me over PSN whenever I get disconnected mid match from their servers.

Mass Effect PS3 community is also getting worse - when you join a lobby it's like stepping on stage for X-Factor where the other 3 players judge you for everything including your PSN name.

Half of those judges do not even understand what the numbers mean in the banners.

Thanks EA, more and more people are threatening me over PSN whenever I get disconnected mid match from their servers.

Mass Effect PS3 community is also getting worse - when you join a lobby it's like stepping on stage for X-Factor where the other 3 players judge you for everything including your PSN name.

Half of those judges do not even understand what the numbers mean in the banners.

The judging thing happens on 360 all the time. I will join a game in which I have the highest challenge score and yet people will vote to kick since my N7 rank is low. People are so dumb about that shit.

exYle

That happens occasionally, you can usually break out of it with a heavy melee.

That one is a little different. You can't fire guns or use powers, but you can do anything else (including melee). This one, I think, is characterized by being able to do nothing except move around. You can't even grab ammo from boxes.

Bisnic

I'm on the PS3. Its an issue with the servers.

You know, with all the shit Origin gets, at least it doesn't give lag to everyone(the only lag you get is from a host with a shitty connection) or makes players invisible.

EekTheKat

The judging thing happens on 360 all the time. I will join a game in which I have the highest challenge score and yet people will vote to kick since my N7 rank is low. People are so dumb about that shit.

Yeah they've done it before on PS3 as well, part of the issue is the PS3 ME3 community has gotten drastically smaller so often if you leave because of harassment you'll get put back into the very same game with the very same jackasses immediately.

Whereas in the old days it was a lot easier finding a not so annoying group.

Cipher

I've had that happen to me too, it tends to fix itself when I've taken enough damage to lose my shields/barriers.

Weekend challenge:

Operation JACKHAMMER (Nov. 2nd – 4th)

Event Description: Data collected by our combat drones has identified key enemy strongholds. Over the next few days, we go on the offensive as small biotic strike teams hit a number of strategically significant targets.

Individual Goal: Earn 75,000 points using biotic charge on any map at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches. Extraction not required.

Reward: Commendation Pack

Question: what does it mean to earn points with Biotic Charge (I was wondering about this last weekend with the N7 weapons)? You get a kill/assist using Charge?

Been getting nothing but level IV ammo consumables in my PSPs.

Feels bad man.

Someone told me that if you exit back to the main menu it resets what kind of items you get from the Store. I got a Harrier in 2 packs (back-to-back), the Javelin I, and the Talon VIII before I started getting ammo again.

An-Det

Having never played as a Vanguard (and yet I have all but the new batarian unlocked and at level 17), are there any recommendations on which character to try to start out, or are they all pretty similar?

exYle

Having never played as a Vanguard (and yet I have all but the new batarian unlocked and at level 17), are there any recommendations on which character to try to start out, or are they all pretty similar?

Use a Kroguard and mow down enemies like a freight train

Bisnic

masseffect32012-11-02b8e6z.jpg
shepardrapefacek7pgc.jpg

So close.

Melchiah

The challenge was easy and boring. I just did 1½ bronze solo runs against Geth with Kroguard, and used absolutely nothing else than Charge.

Mindlog

@People who lost the ability to fire/use powers and whatnot: Was there a Volus on your team?

I went on a pair of Gold runs. Batarian Brawler then Slayer. My Slayer was specced for power damage so that made it easy.

Valiant IV.
meh.

I want a Hurricane IX :(

Bisnic

@People who lost the ability to fire/use powers and whatnot: Was there a Volus on your team?

I went on a pair of Gold runs. Batarian Brawler then Slayer. My Slayer was specced for power damage so that made it easy.

Valiant IV.
meh.

I want a Hurricane IX :(

Don't worry, you'll get one....

IN 20 WEEKS.

When my game glitches and the controller buttons stop working, mid match, I just mash them all at the same time and they start working again.
It doesnt sound like a very technical solution but it has always worked for me.

X-Frame

So I completed Reaper, Geth, and Cerberus Mastery and am only left with the Collectors.

Can someone give me tips when facing them? I really haven't played them much since they were introduced.

Here is what I know, but correct me if I am wrong:

- Scion: Shoot the hump at the right shoulder (when facing them) to knock off a chunk of armor.

- Praetorian: Don't use any powers against them while they still have barriers. Once their barriers are down, powers are okay to use (can someone confirm this?)

- Possessed Abominations: Run!

Anything else?

exYle

- Praetorian: Don't use any powers against them while they still have barriers. Once their barriers are down, powers are okay to use (can someone confirm this?)

You can pretty easily tell when powers aren't usable on Praetorians. There will be a transparent purple bubble shield around them. Any other time is fair game.

An-Det

Is the lock-on vs Geth Bombers awful for anyone else with instant stuff like Overload? On any other enemy lock-on (as opposed to targeting) works fine, but I could barely hit the fuckers unless they were close to me. First time using Overload since they were added and it's bugging the hell out of me.

Weekend Challenge was easy. Biotic Charge level 4 with my Phantom and I was one-shotting Geth Troopers on Bronze. Hard to do objectives alone and Geth Primes gave me fits, but a couple of rounds and I got it.

Valiant IV.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Got the Havok and Valkyrie. Build advice?

Magik

Is the lock-on vs Geth Bombers awful for anyone else with instant stuff like Overload? On any other enemy lock-on (as opposed to targeting) works fine, but I could barely hit the fuckers unless they were close to me. First time using Overload since they were added and it's bugging the hell out of me.

I'm having the same problem with Overload on the Geth Bombers as well. The Overload will hit, but no damage is dealt as if it didn't hit even though the animation shows that it hit.

Sai

Unlocked the Valkyrie. Has it received any buffs for multiplayer?

Also got two Batarian Brawler cards from a PSP.

Mindlog

I'm pretty sure the MP N7 Valkyrie is stronger than the SP variant.
Got the Havok and Valkyrie. Build advice?
My build.
Annihilation Field can be radius instead of damage. I wreck Gold with this build. Some people play her as a bomb (popping AF and TA.) I think losing Damage Reduction in the middle of a fight is not really a good idea. Debuffs from AF and Warp + TA DR means the Valkyrie should be getting in close and melting bosses. When used with a Hurricane/Reegar etc the damage output is incredible.

Thread.

I don't have much on the Havoc. Havoc Strike is fun, but Cryo is an excellent armor debuff.

Semi-Related:
Tech Armor vs Fitness and why it can be best to have both.

exYle

The fact that the Asari Valkyrie and the Valkyrie rifle both released within three days of each other is very confusing.

Sai

I'm pretty sure the MP N7 Valkyrie is stronger than the SP variant.
Hrrmm... Don't see any difference between their stats on the ME Wiki. And I'm not even gonna try digging up a thread about it at BSN.

* Sai shrugs.

I'll give it a run or two with the Destroyer, but I doubt I'll be using it much anyways.

Mindlog

Found the tables. Cyonan's stuff is probably the most up to date.
Valkyrie SP
Valkyrie MP
Multiplayer variant is lighter and does more damage.

Still it's really hard to use a level I weapon compared to some of the other level X monsters we all rock. Also, Turian Ghost is the new AR abusing hotness.

Complistic

So people who have been playing since launch? Why? What keeps you coming back and playing this over some other multiplayer game? I played for a couple weeks after it came out, and it was fun for a while, but it just doesn't seem deep enough to continue to invest time into. But maybe I'm missing something.

Are you having that much fun with the shooting mechanics? Is it the idea that you're always 1 pack away from getting new guns?

Bisnic

So people who have been playing since launch? Why? What keeps you coming back and playing this over some other multiplayer game? I played for a couple weeks after it came out, and it was fun for a while, but it just doesn't seem deep enough to continue to invest time into. But maybe I'm missing something.

Are you having that much fun with the shooting mechanics? Is it the idea that you're always 1 pack away from getting new guns?

It's hard to explain.... there is TONS of different classes to play, lots of guns and powers to use, you never know what your next pack will have, free DLCs with new maps, characters and items, and latest one even added challenges with title and banner rewards, Collectors and hazard maps. Plus i love the combat gameplay, especially with a team of other players. Mix all these together, and I never get tired of this. It might be just 10 horde waves with 3 special objectives, but i dunno... it's still not enough to stop me from playing.

exYle

There are over 42 characters in the game, each with a different playstyle from each other (ranging from somewhat different for kits within classes and hugely different for cross-class kits). That's a lot of variance.

Specced out my Gethfiltrator for sniper rifles. I now get a ~150% damage bonus coming out of cloak. With a Javelin + mods, I can take down a platinum brute in two shots, Ravagers in one (just barely).

Feels good man.

Top Bottom