• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

X-Frame

Apparently the Loyalty Pack gives you first whatever weapon you are missing. I got a Wraith I. I was missing that and a PPR. Most people got either a weapon they were missing or an N7 weapon if they have maxed manifests. Pretty cool. It's just what I wanted, now the Shotgun Mastery will be much easier. I can avoid the S[]h[m]itter.

Sajjaja

How much Recruit packs should I be buying to get all the basic weapons?

You already have all the basic weapons, its just a matter of leveling them up. It's completely random with no way to tell if you're going to get a weapon or not.

Again, it's just recommended that you spam recruit packs then vet packs so you build up your inventory.

Use this site: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/ to help get an idea of how much there is to get and where you are at. It's pretty overwhelming but you just want to get them all in the end.

Stantron

How much Recruit packs should I be buying to get all the basic weapons?

As many as it takes to max out your common weapons/mods/chars.
You can check your progress here: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory

The reason you want to max out commons is so that when you start buying veteran packs, you eliminate the pool that the random generator can pull from. Thus giving you more bang for the space buck.

edit: bha, beaten.

Use this site: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/ to help get an idea of how much there is to get and where you are at. It's pretty overwhelming but you just want to get them all in the end.

As many as it takes to max out your common weapons/mods/chars.
You can check your progress here: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory

The reason you want to max out commons is so that when you start buying veteran packs, you eliminate the pool that the random generator can pull from. Thus giving you more bang for the space buck.

Great, thx guys.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Apparently the Loyalty Pack gives you first whatever weapon you are missing. I got a Wraith I. I was missing that and a PPR. Most people got either a weapon they were missing or an N7 weapon if they have maxed manifests. Pretty cool. It's just what I wanted, now the Shotgun Mastery will be much easier. I can avoid the S[]h[m]itter.

Put an accuracy mod on the Wraith, and it becomes pretty decent for medium/long range.

Javelin X, my first maxed out ultra rare. Not bad.

How can some people have maxed URs? I mean, i'm not even close to get there and i've been playing since the beginning. FML. :( Well, at least the Hurricane X is getting close...

zZMdu.jpg

Mindlog

Typhoon 1. I already have a Harrier 1. Which is better for the Turian Ghost?
Harrier is probably better, but they are both very effective.

N7 Valkyrie!
It's not the greatest AR, but it's something different and fun to use* for the AR challenge.
*Sort of fun to use. It has Raptor Finger Sprain Syndrome.

The N7 Day banner looks neat, but also kind of like a double image thing going.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Paladin I for me. Not entirely sure who it best fits. Tried it with my Asari Valkyrie, seemed good, but I preferred the faster fire rate and lighter weight of the Mattock X.

An-Det

So do I just log in? Or do I have to actually do something for the N7 day stuff?

You just need to log in to get the N7 pack with the weapon. Then there is a special N7 challenge to get a banner (extract 3 times as a human).

I got a Typhoon 1. Not bad for free, though I was hoping for a Black Widow.

Chocobro

Saber I, not bad.

And since everyone's been posting theirs:
1YCLA.png

Been playing since launch, minus a few months break during the summer. Not buying enough PSPacks..

X-Frame

I think the Collectors may be the most frustrating faction to fight again.

The Praetorian can sync kill you immediately when meeting it. It apparently doesn't need to melee you first or any pre-req before it can sync kill you. Turning corners and immediately being sync killed is ridiculous.

Also, the fact that multiple huge enemies can be possessed at the same time is annoying and doesn't even make sense. Doesn't Harbinger just possess 1 enemy at a time? How can there be so many possessed Collectors?

exYle

I think the Collectors may be the most frustrating faction to fight again.

The Praetorian can sync kill you immediately when meeting it. It apparently doesn't need to melee you first or any pre-req before it can sync kill you. Turning corners and immediately being sync killed is ridiculous.

Also, the fact that multiple huge enemies can be possessed at the same time is annoying and doesn't even make sense. Doesn't Harbinger just possess 1 enemy at a time? How can there be so many possessed Collectors?

Well, there are a lot of Reapers floating around right now

Bisnic

1st PSP of the day : Geth Trooper, Indra V and Shotgun High-Velocity Barrel V.

imokwiththis.jpg

Bisnic

Let us know how the Geth Trooper is. I still haven't gotten a Geth character yet :(

That will have to wait for tomorrow, but i never been a huge fan of Flamer... i guess Fortification's damage reduction will help balance the lack of shield with Hunter Mode.

I might be wrong but it seems to have more shield than the other Geths... starts with 1000 shield.

PBalfredo

Something tells me you haven't bought a lot of Spectre or Premium packs. :p

I'm in a similar situation and I've been buying nothing but Premium packs. I've just had no luck with ultra rares for the longest time. It's been only recently that I've started getting them. Glad I am now because the Talon is freaking rad!

A9kg3.png

Anyone else have the problem of being constantly low on consumables? Especially Medigel? I was doing well when I bought a bunch of packs for the latest DLC and was up to 25 and now I'm at a grand total of 2. How often do you guys buy equipment packs compared to Spectre packs?

Got the Javelin. Only the Particle Rifle missing as an UR.

In terms of UR, i have a Scorpion at VII, Harrier at III, Black Widow at III, Sabre at II, Paladin at II and the rest at I. Really want the Typhoon and Javelin to be upgraded.

WHat are the best mods to put on the javelin? Scope and Armour Piercing or is that redundtant?

Chocobro

WHat are the best mods to put on the javelin? Scope and Armour Piercing or is that redundtant?

I use the Armor Piercing and High Velocity Barrel, very good for shooting through walls and thick cover. HVB/EB and Thermal Clip works as well.

Not digging the slight charge-up mechanism and funky scope, I might have to try the Javelin out again.

exYle

Got the Javelin. Only the Particle Rifle missing as an UR.

In terms of UR, i have a Scorpion at VII, Harrier at III, Black Widow at III, Sabre at II, Paladin at II and the rest at I. Really want the Typhoon and Javelin to be upgraded.

Extended Barrel and Extra Ammo.
The Javelin's scope already highlights enemies through walls and smoke, and it has the highest un-modded armour piercing rating in the game.

when i get home tonight im going to be rocking a firepower package.

Last night i played vs Cerberus on Firebase Giant

Destroyer
N7 Typhoon with Stability and Armour Piercing Mods (with 50% weight increase) + Assault Rifle Rail Amp III

Black Widow III with the two new mods on it - scope and armour (50% weight increase)

Warfighter Package V

Shield Modulator III

Armour piercing Rounds 4.

Nothing got near me, shit melted like butter. Atlases died so quickly.

Going to change the loadout with the javelin tonight and see what difference it makes.

Sai

Got the M-99 Saber in the N7 pack. Thing is beastly! Headshots are so satisfying with that sound it makes.
Comrade~

I got a Javelin VIII. Can't wait to get it to X, Geth Infiltrator's been puttin' down everything with it... Made of glass though—and unless I'm playing with competent players, it's hard to keep him out of harm's way. My Medi-Gel's down to 99, that's how rough it's been. :(

AR Thermal Scope & High-Velocity Barrel, Heavy Pistol Barrel, Shotgun Omni-Blade, Medi-Gel Transmitter, and Responder Loadout are all at IV.

Got the Typhoon I in my N7 Day pack. I guess that's a good thing? I've been away from the game since the 1st DLC dropped, so I've got no idea what they've done with the weapons.

Oh, and holy crap did they add a lot of characters. When I stopped playing, they had just filled out the select screen with a row of 5. Now they've got crazy stuff like Krogan Shamans and Voluses.

Melchiah

Something tells me you haven't bought a lot of Spectre or Premium packs. :p

Well, I've spent most of my credits on those, but as I've played mostly bronze and silver I haven't had as much credits as those who play gold. And perhaps I just have had bad luck. However, I've managed to get all the promotional weapons somehow.

Chocobro

Operation BLAST FURNACE (Nov. 9th – 11th)

Event Description: Resistance movements across the galaxy continue to fight. We will provide these groups with literal firepower, allowing them to stand their ground and protect our homeworlds.

Individual Goal: Earn 75000 points of damage using fire-based powers (Incinerate, Carnage, Inferno Grenade, Flamer, Sentry Turret Flamethrower, Geth Turret Flamethrower) on any map at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches. Extraction not required.

Reward: Commendation Pack

Guess I'll break out the Vorcha characters!

the geth trooper is absolutely useless. total waste of a character. its clear.not much thought was put into this at all. i want the drell assassin, it seems to.be the most interesting of the new.characters besides the 2x volus.

Stantron

the geth trooper is absolutely useless. total waste of a character. its clear.not much thought was put into this at all. i want the drell assassin, it seems to.be the most interesting of the new.characters besides the 2x volus.

Off the top of my head, I use this...
Flamer: range/damage/armor
Fort:damage reduction/power
Hunter: powerdelay/power/damage
Passive:power/power
Fitness:shields
Pair this with the scorpion or acolyte.
Tanky wall hacking armor melting fun.

Top Bottom