• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, i did Silver games with a Vorcha and Flamer and it didn't take me too long. Maybe... 2 or 3 games?

exYle

just the n7 valkyrie. just more 16 UR drops to max the non promotional weapons.

Does this mean you have a Harrier X? =(

The Geth Trooper Soldier "Pyro" is incredible.

Specced for Damage/Damage/Armor Damage plus all the passive bonuses he does up to 1,300 damage per second to armor. Take a Acolyte to take out barriers and shields and armored enemies just melt. I think when I promote I will go with Reach in Evo 4 instead. I lose about 150 DPS but gain another 5m which I think is better all around for crowd control.

I find that since he gets so in your face the Reegar is the best weapon for him to strip shields.

Mindlog

Vorcha Flamer Gold took 2 games for me.
Geth Flamer is faster, but the Vorcha makes me giggle.

N7 Valkyrie II. Not bad. I know it's not the greatest weapon, but I really like it.
Other underrated weapons:
Collector Sniper Rifle
At-12 Raider

EekTheKat

Got a Krogan Soldier from a PSP. Is he any good?

Surprisingly, yes. But you may need a strong weapon to back him up. Good shotgun is usually the go to choice here if you reload cancel.

Run to a spawn, toss inferno grenade, detonate fire explosions with carnage, clean up with your weapon.

EekTheKat

Platinum PS3 is unplayable. Up and coming players are being thrown into plat games with level I weapons, and rocket glitchers are all over the place. Community is too small to form a playable party of 4 without something completely stupid happening.

You know what, it isn't even about gear. It's entirely willing to use rockets and medigels when needed. the good players will use a rocket when the situation calls for it to keep the match going, regardless of what they're playing. The shit players will just fall over and die without trying.

It's completely fucked up having a rocket glitcher drop into your game mid match and just ruin a good match. Since the community is so small and the platinum player pool even smaller you'll bump into the same guys rocket glitching in every single game

Edit - for the record, I'd rather take 3 under geared guy into a match( which I'm doing right now as of this post - 2 level 19 batarians armed with no better than a saber I and one shadow who's scored about 1 kill each round before dying). My Justicar is a strong enough platinum character to carry weaker classes/players to break even at least. (Round 3-6 of platinum).

Until they fix or, or if they ever fix this, Striker + charged weapon is a kick in my lobby or I'll leave mid match if they drop in. Even if I'm hosting. I do not want anything to do with any rocket glitchers whatsoever.

X-Frame

N7 Valkyrie II. Not bad. I know it's not the greatest weapon, but I really like it.
Collector Sniper Rifle
At-12 Raider

I just started using the Raider for my Shotgun Mastery challenge. Shredder Mod & Damage Barrel okay for most characters?

Collector Sniper Rifle
At-12 Raider

I like the Raider, its pretty much a double barrel shotty, just gotta be up close and personally!

Lyonaz

Loving the multiplayer with a friend, mainly using Adept and Infiltrator. My friend only goes Vanguard. Cryo + Charge team combo is fun.

But sometimes the game bugs and I can't pick up ammo or do any damage. Any way to fix that?

I wish it didnt run out of ammo so fast. And the reload takes forever if you didnt stop before it reachs 0.

TOTALLY useless weapon. The Collector Assault rifle needs to be buffed as well. Nice clip size but it does practically zero damage even at X.

The Collector Sniper is just worthless with 50 ammo - you cant do anything by then. Might as well take a Black Widow or a Javelin or really any other sniper rifle with you.

X-Frame

TOTALLY useless weapon. The Collector Assault rifle needs to be buffed as well. Nice clip size but it does practically zero damage even at X.

The Collector Sniper is just worthless with 50 ammo - you cant do anything by then. Might as well take a Black Widow or a Javelin or really any other sniper rifle with you.

You need to burst fire it, not hold down the trigger continuously. Burst firing inflicts more damage and conserves ammo so that it lasts longer. I do lots of damage on Gold with it, but it's a different playstyle than traditional snipers. I don't believe it's useless though, I actually like it a lot.

Bisnic

I'm using the Collector Rifle right now for the Retaliation challenge, it's pretty decent, and even better with a Turian Ghost. At least on Silver. >_>

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You need to burst fire it, not hold down the trigger continuously. Burst firing inflicts more damage and conserves ammo so that it lasts longer. I do lots of damage on Gold with it, but it's a different playstyle than traditional snipers. I don't believe it's useless though, I actually like it a lot.

Its not a bad weapon at all. It just takes a lot of management and patience to use.

Not my style though.

Mindlog

CSR has a bunch of advantages. No ammo, no shield gate, outstanding at applying ammo effects, fairly light, strong damage, excellent at taking out mobs, strong burst-fire vs bosses and can be used well by non-infiltrators. It's pretty much in my top tier with the Javelin and BW.

The CSR works for me because I used it after trying to get better with the Reegar. The Reegar is an easy to use spray-and-pray weapon BUT if you focus on headshots and try to conserve ammo it becomes a ton more effective.

This is basically how you should use the CSR.

Also, Philip Rivers is a baller.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i may actually hop back on. halo4 is being laggy as hell, xcom is being cruel, borderlands 2 is a farm, 2k13 wants mah money

Sajjaja

Thank you.

Any tips to how to get this one quick? I'm thinking vorcha flamer?

Although I did Vorcha Flamer, I would think the Inferno grenade is best.

Heck, I think Krogan Soldier would be best because Inferno Grenade primes targets up for a fire explosion with Carnage.

The thing with Vorcha flamer is that you gotta get in front of enemies fast so your team mates don't kill them before you which can leave you in a compromising situation. It's not hard either way.

Has anyone had a Platinum match bug out and spot 5373948 of one enemy? It just happened to me, and it was hilarious/awesome/terrible. 30 Dragoons we could handle, just popped Flamer and they died super fast.

It was the Phantom's, they would spawn and all of us would insta-die from their pistol spam.

Bisnic

Holy crap, Gold and Collectors do not mix well together. These guys are fucking tough and the never ending waves of Scions and Praetorians is not making this any more fun.

sagat2036

People still playin PC multi? After finishing shadowbroker with main and insanity with vanguard iam itching for me3 but i dont have Gold.

I love the Turian Soldier with Locust. Rips shit apart, especially with that 3x headshot multiplier.

Yes, it is crazy. Locust has almost no recoil, just Accuracy problems which can be solved using Marksman and better weapon mods. Then the amount of lead you dish out is crazy. No biotics, no granades, just fire up Marksman and watch your Locust turn into a Mini-Gun.

Will play a bit more, then try Drell Adept. Any preferred weapon? Locust I or Avenger X?

Also, I continue to buy Veteran Packs. Any idea when I should go for Spectre Packs? Will it be once I can do Silver? Should I try Silver already? I think I will do well with Turian Soldier, the guy has like 1250 shields when fully upgraded.

exYle

Holy crap, Gold and Collectors do not mix well together. These guys are fucking tough and the never ending waves of Scions and Praetorians is not making this any more fun.

Yeah, they are ROUGH. The only time I felt comfortable during this fight was with a Turian Ghost and a Harrier.

X-Frame

I just completed Collector Mastery last night, and I agree they are the hardest faction all things considered.

Towards the end I hated the Scion's cannons and the Seeker Swarms the most. The Scion's cannon will make it so you can't use any powers for a very short amount of time after being hit and it was incredibly frustrating because I wasn't even being staggered .. just can't use any powers. Plus the Seeker Swarms which always seemed to hit me or a teammate at the worst time, and the Praetorian BS Power Shield that makes power users even less effective. Oh, and the Praetorian can sync kill you out of nowhere, without having to first melee you like the other sync killers from other factions. That is BS too and got me many times.

I was happy to be done with them, but I do always get a kick out of taking that huge chunk out of the Scion's armor.

exYle

I just completed Collector Mastery last night, and I agree they are the hardest faction all things considered.

Towards the end I hated the Scion's cannons and the Seeker Swarms the most. The Scion's cannon will make it so you can't use any powers for a very short amount of time after being hit and it was incredibly frustrating because I wasn't even being staggered .. just can't use any powers. Plus the Seeker Swarms which always seemed to hit me or a teammate at the worst time, and the Praetorian BS Power Shield that makes power users even less effective. Oh, and the Praetorian can sync kill you out of nowhere, without having to first melee you like the other sync killers from other factions. That is BS too and got me many times.

I was happy to be done with them, but I do always get a kick out of taking that huge chunk out of the Scion's armor.

Praetorians aren't nearly as bad as Banshees, though.

Mindlog

Banshees I see/hear coming from a mile away. Praetorians are sneaky little ninjas sometimes. Especially when they jump across the map.

But fighting Collectors/Gold on Hazard Giant looks amazing.

Top Bottom