• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm still amazed on how people find new ways to use a missile glitch after Bioware fixed the first one. How do they find this stuff? And they seems to not exist at all on PC. Never seen a single missile glitcher.

And apparently, they really don't give a shit if they get banned and lose all their stuff.

X-Frame

I hope that all the DLC SP weapons that are not yet in MP come with the Omega DLC. Maybe not right away, but BioWare could add the guns or apparently at least attempt to "hide" files with the DLC guns names in them, though they will be found.

I'm still amazed on how people find new ways to use a missile glitch after Bioware fixed the first one. How do they find this stuff? And they seems to not exist at all on PC. Never seen a single missile glitcher.

And apparently, they really don't give a shit if they get banned and lose all their stuff.

Exactly. I havent seen a SINGLE missile glitcher since the first glitch was fixed. I also wonder why people would risk their xbl accounts to play such a boring and cheap way.
Must be kids, who are easily amused. The grind and the challenge of MP are what makes it fun IMO.

Bisnic

Bought 2 PSPs today... got a Vorcha Hunter in each of them.

I love how having almost every gold items maxed guarantee that i'll get new characters in the first pack or two, or even both of them.

Stantron

^ yeah, me too. I only have UR left to unlock, so when a new rare character is available it comes easily in spectre packs. If you're thinking about promoting a class but don't like the low leveling grind, you can promote that class, then buy packs to get the 5 character unlocks of that same class. Each one is worth +250,000 XP, so you can go from level 1 to 17 easily.

Sajjaja

Paladin and the Scimitar work so well together. Debuff with snap freeze, fast fire with the scimitar. Has a super light weight as well.

His Submission Net is pre-buff though, which means they gave him the original Submission Net with the weaker damage and longer cooldown that the Batarian Sentinel was released with, but they have since buffed it a bunch.

So if you were to attempt the Net challenge, I'd still use the Batarian until next week when they fix it for the balance changes.

Thanks. Sadly I ont have a Bat Sentinel yet either. I have all but 3 guns unlocked but I am missing like half the characters.

Sajjaja

Can someone explain to me how detonating with energy drain works?

I've been snap freezing targets but energy drain doesn't detonate them all the time.

X-Frame

Can someone explain to me how detonating with energy drain works?

I've been snap freezing targets but energy drain doesn't detonate them all the time.

The target needs to either be a synthetic or still have their shields or barriers up when you froze them. It only works if Energy Drain actually has something to drain, otherwise it won't cause an explosion.

It's much easier to use Incinerate to detonate the snap freeze cryo explosions since that works on everything.

Sajjaja

The target needs to either be a synthetic or still have their shields or barriers up when you froze them. It only works if Energy Drain actually has something to drain, otherwise it won't cause an explosion.

It's much easier to use Incinerate to detonate the snap freeze cryo explosions since that works on everything.

Edit: I'm an idiot.

Bisnic

Operation: GEARHEAD (Nov. 16th – 18th)

Event Description: Intel reveals that hostile forces are targeting our technical experts to damage our strategic capabilities. They must fail at this! Keep our people alive and inflict disproportionate losses wherever the enemy attempts this tactic.

Individual Goal: Earn 75,000 points as any engineer class and extract 3 times as any engineer class on any map at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches.

Reward: Commendation Pack

Ive unlocked the Volus Engineer but I havent used him yet. I noticed the scoreboard doesnt appreciate the work Volus medics do. Poor little guys :(
I tried the Volus adept and I sucked with him. Being too short to shoot over regular cover, made it a very frustrating experience.

Ive unlocked the Volus Engineer but I havent used him yet. I noticed the scoreboard doesnt appreciate the work Volus medics do. Poor little guys :(
I tried the Volus adept and I sucked with him. Being too short to shoot over regular cover, made it a very frustrating experience.

It would be nice if you got points for healing people, be it with shield boost, sentry turret, or the pylon.

Maybe a weekend challenge could be to extract with a Volus Engineer (on Gold or above), and earn no more than say, 20, 000 points?
Of course, you'd need a decent team to be successful but it would be a funny troll goal :)

Sajjaja

Maybe a weekend challenge could be to extract with a Volus Engineer (on Gold or above), and earn no more than say, 20, 000 points?
Of course, you'd need a decent team to be successful but it would be a funny troll goal :)

That would isolate a lot of people as not everyone has that little fat bastard.

EekTheKat

Well, tonight was better. I've been averaging about 1 Rocket Glitcher per lobby every time I host but I manage to either cancel or kick them before starting.

Some people are starting to catch on though, and they're actively help me kick the obvious glitcher. There may be redemption to the PS3 community after all if this keeps up.

Sajjaja

Well, tonight was better. I've been averaging about 1 Rocket Glitcher per lobby every time I host but I manage to either cancel or kick them before starting.

Some people are starting to catch on though, and they're actively help me kick the obvious glitcher. There may be redemption to the PS3 community after all if this keeps up.

I think I've only seen 1 or 2 rocket glitchers in my PS3 games ever. Maybe cause I play silver?

I play Gold pretty much exclusively and I havent seen a rocket glitcher since months ago, when the first glitch was fixed.
Maybe us xbox folk are just more honest? :)

Bisnic

I play Gold pretty much exclusively and I havent seen a rocket glitcher since months ago, when the first glitch was fixed.

Lol, i'm sure Xbox has more glitchers than PS3, considering how they have more players. You might just be lucky.

I heard this glitch was impossible to do on PC(at least, the first one that has been fixed)... for some odd (but great!) reason.

EekTheKat

I host 1-2 platinum games a day, while mostly sticking with gold. The platinum games are where I bump into the majority of glitchers. In prime time if I I fire up a Plat lobby I can expect at least 1 dirty player trying to join every time.

Gold and below has been pretty clean on PS3 from my experience.

I host 1-2 platinum games a day, while mostly sticking with gold. The platinum games are where I bump into the majority of glitchers. In prime time if I I fire up a Plat lobby I can expect at least 1 dirty player trying to join every time.

Gold and below has been pretty clean on PS3 from my experience.

what do you look for to see if their missile glitchers?

5 minutes till Operation starts. Easy, should take no more than 3 Bronze.

I will switch to SPs now, need to get more characters! Will play Silver and let others carry me :D

Cloak for reviving + Shield Regen spamming makes Volus the best "medic". :p

slap on a Medi-Gel Transmitter as well, and everyone will really love you.

played a Platinum match last night against Collectors with a Volus and kept the whole team alive while the others constantly took crazy risks setting up biotic explosions, and when everyone went down i just revived all of us. felt good man. it was SUPER fun.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sooooo easy. Human engineer remains one of the best classes in the game. Explosions everywhere.

Game sure does love upgrading my Hurricane. Would be nice if my Crusader got buffed.

EekTheKat

what do you look for to see if their missile glitchers?

It's a combination of multiple factors, certain weapons are required for them to be able to do it.

But some combinations of weapons/character/(lack of)consumable use is a clear tell of the player's intentions on Platinum.

There's a thread over on BSN about how to spot them posted about a week ago, and from experience I agree with what's been discussed over there. I've spotted people using the very same kit mentioned over there who would promptly start rocket glitching the instant the wave starts.

Mindlog

New favorite kit to play with for the week : Volus Engineer with PPR. Might have to try this on Plat if I can find the right people.
On the 360 most Platinum/Rio games have Voluseses... Voluses... Volii... Volleys.

N7 Eagle VI.
FffffFFfffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff.

X-Frame

Condor/Collectors/Gold -- never, ever, ever again.

All rockets, medigel, and survival packs used. Extracted by the skin of our teeth.

Stantron

Goddamnit, Bioware. Who's the genius that thought it was a good idea to make submission net as Y button and Bloodlust as RB button? I mean really, how does that shit even make sense? Anyway, the vorcha hunter ain't too bad even with his pre-balance update incinerate and submission net. Those should make him even better.

Crusader II.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Krogan Shaman get. Advice?

Ronabo

Goddamnit, Bioware. Who's the genius that thought it was a good idea to make submission net as Y button and Bloodlust as RB button? I mean really, how does that shit even make sense? Anyway, the vorcha hunter ain't too bad even with his pre-balance update incinerate and submission net. Those should make him even better.

Crusader II.

I have the same problem with the new Geth Soldier. They were stupid and put flamer on the Y button. So in the heat of battle I gotta pull off my right thumb to use it. A few times I turned off Hunter mode by accident.

Top Bottom