• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Whoa after more than a week play iam lovin this game, more multi than single player. Are horde mode games this good or is this one unique. Sorry i havent played much coop.

The mix of ME universe and the rng factor on gear make it addicting. Only wish I got this day one.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=musashi2036&platform=pc when should i start doin silver/gold?

You shouldn't touch Gold until you have more experience with the game, it can be quite hard sometimes. Also you'll need better weapons than the common blue ones.

But with classes less dependent on weapons, like Adepts, you might be able to do Silver even with shit weapons. You'll just have to abuse Biotic Explosions. :)

I rarely play games with a horde mode multiplayer, but this one is addicting yeah. I'm glad there is special objectives once in a while and that it requires cooperation from your teammates to be successful, not to mention the huge variety of characters and weapons... its probably what makes it never really boring.

Xevren

I love horde mode type games and find this one has the best one, mainly due to the massive amount of unlockables and the fact that everything they add is free. Nothing else even comes close really.

I got the volus mercenary and im really disappointed

If they replaced combat drone with the geth sentry turret then it would be a viable class. However the decoy (ok i guess) and combat drone (dies ASAP on gold) then it just becomes wasted potential. he has no stopping power at all.

To me, the Volus Engineer needs to replace proxy mine with Overload and the Mercenary needs a turret then you would have some great classes.

They are great support classes but its rare you will top the leaderboards.

Playing with a group of engineers is the best fun in ME3 for sure. Endless overload stuns and fire explosions....sounds so awesome and its a great unit if you all stick together.

exYle

N7_Bounty-Weekend-1024x602.jpg

Operation: PRIVATEER (November 23rd-25th)

Cerberus’s hit-and-run attacks in the Terminus Systems have tied down a disproportionate number of local fighting ships and operations. We can spare only a small, elite force to eliminate the enemy. This force has the secondary objective of analyzing and finding a weakness in Cerberus’s kinetic barrier technology, which is key to bringing down large-scale hardened barriers.

Individual Goal: Earn 50,000 points versus any enemy with shields on any map, at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches. (Cerberus Centurion, Cerberus Engineer, Cerberus Engineer Turret, Cerberus Nemesis, Cerberus Atlas, Reaper Marauder, Geth Rocket Trooper, Geth Hunter, Geth Pyro, Geth Prime, Geth Prime Turret, Geth Prime Rocket Drone, Geth Bomber)

Allied Goal: Complete 50,000 cumulative total extractions of Batarian, Vorcha, or Turian characters.

Special Circumstance: None

Individual Goal Success: All individual players awarded a Commendation Pack and Corsair banner

Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack and the potential max capacity for Ops Survival Kit will be increased to 6.

Cool beans

EekTheKat

I got the volus mercenary and im really disappointed

If they replaced combat drone with the geth sentry turret then it would be a viable class. However the decoy (ok i guess) and combat drone (dies ASAP on gold) then it just becomes wasted potential. he has no stopping power at all.

To me, the Volus Engineer needs to replace proxy mine with Overload and the Mercenary needs a turret then you would have some great classes.

They are great support classes but its rare you will top the leaderboards.

Playing with a group of engineers is the best fun in ME3 for sure. Endless overload stuns and fire explosions....sounds so awesome and its a great unit if you all stick together.

I disagree on the volus engineer, it's a tremendously deadly character if you play to his strengths. It's one of the rare characters where all of his powers are good vs. everything. Give him a good weapon and watch entire armies fall before the Tech Debuff God.

Proxy mines is vastly superior to Overload for general + group support purposes. Add the fact that you can turn the Recon mine into an AE snare field with an additional debuff means that the Volus Engineer is a death dealing machine.

I think the Volus engineer's debuffs worked out to be something like 45% more damage if the mine debuffs stacked (which I think it does, as things simply melt when enemies walk into the Volus deathtrap), plus the Recon mine specced for snares and the Volus Engineer is a walking death dealer.

Volus Engineer + Asari Justicar team is pretty much an automatic win in any difficulty.

Sajjaja

Mass Effect 3 for 9.60 at GMG with 20% off coupon. I have this on PS3, but it'd be nice to get it for PC and have all 3 games on one platform. Yay or nay? My mouse is hovering buy....

I should just wait right? It'll become cheaper! I know it will.....

Mindlog

Third map of a total pub group U/U/P. I finish in 2nd place with 140k points and the person in last is just shy of 100k. U/U/P with pubbies ~20m or less is a good thing.

The Discple can get things done on Gold, but it takes forever. Even with the weight bug on my melee Batarian Vanguard I'd rather just take a heavier shotgun. Collector SMG buff is great. I really like that weapon, but it sucks that you have to have it at a very high level to start getting some mileage out of it.

Bisnic

Mass Effect 3 for 9.60 at GMG with 20% off coupon. I have this on PS3, but it'd be nice to get it for PC and have all 3 games on one platform. Yay or nay? My mouse is hovering buy....

I should just wait right? It'll become cheaper! I know it will.....

Do you really need to have it cheaper than 9$ before buying it? I mean, it's pratically nothing at this point.

Plus, the PC version runs much better than the PS3 one + bigger playerbase + easier to aim and control(especially turning the camera while running from what I've heard) than a gamepad. I think it's worth the 9 dollars.

X-Frame

Third map of a total pub group U/U/P. I finish in 2nd place with 140k points and the person in last is just shy of 100k. U/U/P with pubbies ~20m or less is a good thing.

The Discple can get things done on Gold, but it takes forever. Even with the weight bug on my melee Batarian Vanguard I'd rather just take a heavier shotgun. Collector SMG buff is great. I really like that weapon, but it sucks that you have to have it at a very high level to start getting some mileage out of it.

What weight bug on the BatGuard?

Also, I actually didn't mind getting the 200,000 points for the Disciple pre-buff. I was using it on my Krogan's and Vorcha's and throwing on the Omni-Blade & HVB because it's so light it didn't affect much.

Sajjaja

Do you really need to have it cheaper than 9$ before buying it? I mean, it's pratically nothing at this point.

Plus, the PC version runs much better than the PS3 one + bigger playerbase + easier to aim and control(especially turning the camera while running from what I've heard) than a gamepad. I think it's worth the 9 dollars.

Yeah but I'd have to work all the way back up from what I got on the PS3. The bigger player base is what is drawing me to buy it as it would have more longevity on the PC than the PS3.

EDIT: Went ahead and bought it.

I disagree on the volus engineer, it's a tremendously deadly character if you play to his strengths. It's one of the rare characters where all of his powers are good vs. everything. Give him a good weapon and watch entire armies fall before the Tech Debuff God.

Proxy mines is vastly superior to Overload for general + group support purposes. Add the fact that you can turn the Recon mine into an AE snare field with an additional debuff means that the Volus Engineer is a death dealing machine.

I think the Volus engineer's debuffs worked out to be something like 45% more damage if the mine debuffs stacked (which I think it does, as things simply melt when enemies walk into the Volus deathtrap), plus the Recon mine specced for snares and the Volus Engineer is a walking death dealer.

Volus Engineer + Asari Justicar team is pretty much an automatic win in any difficulty.

the Volus Engineer is my favourite character, however i think i need to respec him - i dont use proxy mines at all for him and this has been working for me so far, but now i have more experience with him i think the proxy mine may come into it.

I use a Reeger X and Acolyte X with him and its great for what he does - combined with 12% Tech Damage and 12% Cooldown reduction - its a great combo.

Bisnic

Nice to see allied goals back.

Suck that its Turians, Vorchas and Batarians though. I already completed the Monster and Defender challenges, and the original Turians sucks. Guess I'll play a lot of Turian Ghost and Havoc for their 200 waves challenges.

Yeah but I'd have to work all the way back up from what I got on the PS3. The bigger player base is what is drawing me to buy it as it would have more longevity on the PC than the PS3.

EDIT: Went ahead and bought it.

If you need people to play with on PC to help with gearing up, i've got a little group of that I often play with. We don't really do Platinum though since we're not gods in this game(although they might say otherwise about me lol), mostly Silver and Gold. And i tend to often do Bronze for those challenges that ask for extractions and waves. My Origin ID is Bisnic.

I just wasted 10 mins of my team mates time, flying around Rio with a Turian Havoc Soldier, trying to finish off a bunch of Reapers, by myself. I managed to grind them down to 2 Banshees and then got grabbed when I flew in to smack one of the ugly cows, with a Havoc Strike. I really thought the fly-in, fly-out Havoc Strike strategy was fast enough to evade Banshee grabs. I was wrong :/
If I hadnt completed the final 30% of the hack objective by myself, I likely would have gotten some hate mail. At least we all got paid, I guess.

Acidote

So, with my very sparse weekend gameplay I've maxed out the frequent weapons. What kind of packages should I buy now? The second one or should I just start buying the spectre packages?

What the hell is going on tonight!?
The first game has huge lag. The second one disconnects me from the ME server (on Wave 10, of course) and my final game lags like hell before my game freezes! WTF. Something to do with EA or just horrible, horrible luck? I wonder?

Sajjaja

So, with my very sparse weekend gameplay I've maxed out the frequent weapons. What kind of packages should I buy now? The second one or should I just start buying the spectre packages?

Its generally recommended you max out the common weapons, and then uncommon before you move onto the rares.

What the hell is going on tonight!?
The first game has huge lag. The second one disconnects me from the ME server (on Wave 10, of course) and my final game lags like hell before my game freezes! WTF. Something to do with EA or just horrible, horrible luck? I wonder?

It's EA. Happens to all of us.

Bisnic

It's never that bad usually for me.

Laggy games can happen quite often when you search for quick matches, but it's always because the host has a terrible connection, once he leaves and he's replaced by a better host, lag is gone. When its hosted by me or someone from my friend list who I know doesn't have a shitty connection, it runs smoothly. No lag at all. It's why i often go that way.

Disconnections in the middle of the game though? Rarely. Happened to me, sure, like every online games out there, but rarely.

Or maybe it's just that EA console servers sucks and PC is saved from this torture. :p

X-Frame

For the most part, the game has played really well on the 360. Not sure if it's different on the PS3, but I rarely get kicked from games or have laggy games either. Sometimes it's worse when I connect in the morning as I'm sure I have a UK host (US here), but other than that it's been good.

So I brought out the Krysae for the Rebellion & Sniper challenges and the thing is still an orbital cannon -- I don't see why people think it stinks now. Granted, I have been using it on the SI and GI, but still it is really great at what it does -- control control, staggering, applying ammo effects, and doing some pretty good damage vs. armor. With all the Infiltrator buffs, Sniper Rifle AMP III it does about 1,700 dmg per shot. Not too shabby, and I got 100,000 pounds in 2 games so far for the challenges.

I'm definitely not looking forward to the Raptor though ..

For the most part, the game has played really well on the 360. Not sure if it's different on the PS3, but I rarely get kicked from games or have laggy games either. Sometimes it's worse when I connect in the morning as I'm sure I have a UK host (US here), but other than that it's been good.

has been fine for me on PS3, over 350 hours or so played with only rare disconnects. maybe 2-3 times ive had a really bullshit laggy game, but thats about it.

and for some reason if i get disconnected nowadays, its almost always before im even in the match, i get disconnected in the loading screen. which is much better than losing connection at wave 10 and losing everything heh.

X-Frame

Operation Privateer Commendation Pack: Valiant IX get.

Wow, nice work. I missed a bunch of weekend events over the spring and summer so I am behind a lot. I got an Eagle VII. I'm not mad, it's a good caster gun, and I'm sure it'll be pretty good when it hits X. But of course I'd rather have a Hurricane or Valiant over V, but they're both under.

Also, the new challenge banner is awesome. Too bad the first time I used it I went into a lobby and everyone else had it too, haha, so I quickly changed it back to something else.

An-Det

Boo, Crusader 1. At least I got enough credits from doing this one to get a Spectre pack and unlock the Asari Valkyrie. Any recommendations for it?

Melchiah

This has been an evening of continuous problems...

First I couldn't get behind a cover, or see the arrows pointing where the objective's enemy target was. The aiming was impossible as well during that round, as the enemy seemed to be a second ahead of me. Then I couldn't set any weapon amp consumables, put I could set two gears. Next one of the players hovered above the ground, and the screen went black for a moment. To conclude this finely crafted experience, the game froze during another match, and I had to boot up the system. What the fuck?!

does anyone here use the scorpion? I have it at 7 but the delay before the explosion makes it less effective imo.

Whats a good class/build for this weapon?

X-Frame

does anyone here use the scorpion? I have it at 7 but the delay before the explosion makes it less effective imo.

Whats a good class/build for this weapon?

Many people will just bring it as a sidearm with ULM + Magazine Upgrade. When it looks like shit is about to hit the fan, or if there is a cluster of enemies, just fire them at the ground until everything is staggered or dead. Bonus if you have an ammo power on like Incendiary. Don't even bother trying to hit the enemy, the ground is usually a lot easier.

I only have it at II or III and I really enjoyed it's weapon challenge.

im liking the baterian brawler, however, how the fuck do you even know the blade armour is on and what effecr is it even having?

I cant even tell when ive got it on amd if its a permanent thing or temporary durarion...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
im liking the baterian brawler, however, how the fuck do you even know the blade armour is on and what effecr is it even having?

I cant even tell when ive got it on amd if its a permanent thing or temporary durarion...

The icon should highlight orange while it's activated, shouldn't it?

Bisnic

The spikes is a good indicative that the Blade Armor is active. They shouldn't disappear on their own.

Mindlog

Yeah I play a lot of Batarian Soldier + Raider X. Also some brawler on the side. My spikes don't disappear.

Valkyrie III has been received. I still like it. Unlocked my Corsair and Operator banners simultaneously. The very next game I unlocked Collector General. Neat.

Top Bottom