• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

turian ghost and typhoon with armour piercing 4, assault rifle rail amp 3 and assault rifle v with all the bonuses melts atlases like butter. top score on gold easily.

Melville

Goddammit. Just finished the main story on Insanity to get the platinum trophy as well as finally watching the extended ending. Right at the end when I'm supposed to choose one of the three endings, I decide to shoot the kid and... "refusal ending" kicks in. Great. Now if I want to see the actual ending I have to redo the horrible last mission on Earth.
The best part is that for some reason this specific ending makes so that the game considers I haven't finished the game on Insanity, so no trophy for me. Perfect.

Sorry for the rant on the multiplayer thread, I didn't want to bump the old OT or make a new one. Carry on :p

Edit: fuck, I would also have to do the Cerberus HQ mission, along with the god awful Kai Leng fight. And even then I'm not even sure that would validate the Insanity run. I guess that's that. Not touching this game again anytime soon.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I thought the game left you with an auto-save into the Citadel? So that you wouldn't need to replay the last 2 missions.

exYle

Goddammit. Just finished the main story on Insanity to get the platinum trophy as well as finally watching the extended ending. Right at the end when I'm supposed to choose one of the three endings, I decide to shoot the kid and... "refusal ending" kicks in. Great. Now if I want to see the actual ending I have to redo the horrible last mission on Earth.
The best part is that for some reason this specific ending makes so that the game considers I haven't finished the game on Insanity, so no trophy for me. Perfect.

Sorry for the rant on the multiplayer thread, I didn't want to bump the old OT or make a new one. Carry on :p

Edit: fuck, I would also have to do the Cerberus HQ mission, along with the god awful Kai Leng fight. And even then I'm not even sure that would validate the Insanity run. I guess that's that. Not touching this game again anytime soon.

Just go to "Restart Mission - Citadel". It'll put you right at the bottom of the portal.

Melville

I thought the game left you with an auto-save into the Citadel? So that you wouldn't need to replay the last 2 missions.

Just go to "Restart Mission - Citadel". It'll put you right at the bottom of the portal.

Yep, I'm stupid. I read that right after writing my message. Although the restart save put me at that moronic slow-motion sequence, and you can't skip any dialogues after that. Anyway! I'm watching the credits now, and I got the coveted trophies. The ending is much better now. Off to play the entire trilogy on PC now :eek: Sorry again for the derail!

EekTheKat

Clever girl....I just met a rocket glitcher spacing out his kills so he doesn't seem like he's glitching.

Looks like I'm going to have to be more aggressive in booting anybody that looks like they're remotely going to attempt glitching.

X-Frame

Clever girl....I just met a rocket glitcher spacing out his kills so he doesn't seem like he's glitching.

Looks like I'm going to have to be more aggressive in booting anybody that looks like they're remotely going to attempt glitching.

And you're 100% sure he didn't have on the Armored Compartments gear? :)

EekTheKat

And you're 100% sure he didn't have on the Armored Compartments gear? :)

Yes. Watched the kill feed for 4 rounds and he had nothing but missile launcher kills. Not hawk missile launcher kills but ordinary missile launcher kills. Way more than what the armored components can offer.

Unusual behavior + missile only kills in killfeed is a no brainer. Dude was a glitcher trying to get away with it.

Mindlog

I like playing against Collectors.
I like playing on Condor.

Many people do not :D I have to start my own games to get this combination and it's hilarious how many people will go 'NOPE!' and drop immediately after joining my game in-progress. Some players will stick around and they ready-up immediately after we extract.

Also, I was an unbeliever but that Javelin AP/HVB really can shoot through just about the whole map. I killed a Scion through terrain from near the extract zone. GI, Javelin and Phasic Rounds are death.

Sajjaja

Started playing gold for the first time since I maxed all my uncommons. It's a pretty interesting increase in difficulty from Silver, but boy, do the players on there suck. I've had so many games where the players would not revive, would disperse into isolation and would go down frequently. Did manage to win a few games though, but these were all collector matches so that might have something to do with it (I'm about 50 000 Praetorian points away from Collector Mastery).

Anyways, I unlocked quite a bit yesterday. Got a hurricane from my commendation pack, Argus, Falcon and the Asari Valkyrie.

What are your thoughts on those weapons? And how exactly am I supposed to play the Valkyrie. I've got a 6/6/6/5/3 build.

Many people do not :D I have to start my own games to get this combination and it's hilarious how many people will go 'NOPE!' and drop immediately after joining my game in-progress. Some players will stick around and they ready-up immediately after we extract.

I hate fighting the Collectors.
Its so frustrating when you're in the middle of a heavy fire fight and you have to deal with those stupid, little, floating swarm-balls.

Melchiah

I have the same problem with the new Geth Soldier. They were stupid and put flamer on the Y button. So in the heat of battle I gotta pull off my right thumb to use it. A few times I turned off Hunter mode by accident.

The same goes for Vanguard class as well, where Charge is mapped to triangle button. It makes no sense as it's the power you use the most. Barrier would be far better there.

Also, I was an unbeliever but that Javelin AP/HVB really can shoot through just about the whole map. I killed a Scion through terrain from near the extract zone. GI, Javelin and Phasic Rounds are death.

I don't particularly like Condor. The hacking missions can be a pain in the ass, especially against Collectors. So, if somebody would have set it and Collectors, I might exit the lobby. It's more interesting to play with random maps and enemies eitherway. I don't find it fun to repeat the same map over and over again.

Bisnic

Eh... all those complaints about buttons and power positions makes me glad that i'm playing on PC, where if a power is set to 1 or 2 or 3 have no consequences at all. :D

Melchiah

Eh... all those complaints about buttons and power positions makes me glad that i'm playing on PC, where if a power is set to 1 or 2 or 3 have no consequences at all. :D

Luckily you can map them in the campaign, where I always put Charge on R2.

Started playing gold for the first time since I maxed all my uncommons. It's a pretty interesting increase in difficulty from Silver, but boy, do the players on there suck. I've had so many games where the players would not revive, would disperse into isolation and would go down frequently. Did manage to win a few games though, but these were all collector matches so that might have something to do with it (I'm about 50 000 Praetorian points away from Collector Mastery).

I have the same stuff right now playing Silver. Players can score lower and still clear Silver easily if they work together, but some retard will always run off and get himself killed because he wants to be at the top of the score list.

rule of gold:stick together! I hate when people run off then die! 2 ppl teams should man choke points, thats the way to extract.

also, voluses should follow the big boys and recon mine yhe the choke points..

rule of gold:stick together! I hate when people run off then die!

Thats a good general rule. For me, the exception is on a map like Rio. A lot of people stand in the middle of it (in the open control room) and get picked to death. I always run down to the far end. Even if I have to do it alone.

Beowulf28

Does anyone here play the PC version? I just got the game today and for some reason I can't connect to the EA servers. Apparently I've been reading up and this is a well known issue, anyone here been able to fix it?

Thats a good general rule. For me, the exception is on a map like Rio. A lot of people stand in the middle of it (in the open control room) and get picked to death. I always run down to the far end. Even if I have to do it alone.
agreed. for this map you should be at the top but no one listens. its the safest place for sure.

An-Det

Does this game have microtransactions on the wii u?

When they tried to play the multiplayer on the giant bomb stream yesterday, it looked like it only accepted credits. They also loaded Firebase Goddess, so at least some of the dlc maps are on the disc as well I think.

fusionedd

Neo Member
Does anyone here play the PC version? I just got the game today and for some reason I can't connect to the EA servers. Apparently I've been reading up and this is a well known issue, anyone here been able to fix it?

I'm able to log in. Haven't had a problem since I got it in September. Could it be isolated?

Samara

My nephew downloaded the collector ipdatewithout my knowledge. I learned they added them last week (took a break) wow. i dont really know whats going on, its all very new to me. Crabs are too fast, I mean fuck and whats with n7 id ticker?

I need people to play with on the PS3 for gold....can't get a good team :(

PSN: Sajjaja

My inventory: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Sajjaja&platform=ps3

If they havent changed anything too much, I can survive geth gold on noveria

An-Det

My nephew downloaded the collector ipdatewithout my knowledge. I learned they added them last week (took a break) wow. i dont really know whats going on, its all very new to me. Crabs are too fast, I mean fuck and whats with n7 id ticker?

If they havent changed anything too much, I can survive geth gold on noveria

The N7 number is the number of times you've promoted the current class (I've done my engineers twice, so it flashes 2). The gold medal number is the points rewarded for completing challenges (such as seen here), which unlock the background images you see now. The points themselves are meaningless, at least to my knowledge, really only indicating how much a person has played/grinded.

They changed GGW, now Firebase White has a few extra corridors that make the old camping spot tougher. I haven't tried it like that since the update, but I assume it's dead. And yeah, Praetorians (and Collectors in general) are fast and weird to deal with at start after being so used to the others for so long. The first time you see a possessed husk explode though, so awesome.

Melchiah

Seems like I got the Turian Ghost glitch as well, which gives too many XP points. Now I wonder whether I can use him at all, evethough I'd only spend the allowed amount of points? I really don't want to promote the class, and start from the beginning.

Effect

If you create a match to play by yourself how does the game handle that? Do matches scale based on how many people are in a match? Does it affect the rewards from the missions?

Bisnic

The only advantage i see in playing alone is you're going to get points for Challenges faster than with a group since you're the only one killing enemies. Unless its one of those "do XX waves" or "extract 10 times" ones, then a group is faster.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nov 20, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Dagger and Firebase White

Volus Mercenary Sentinel is now available as a new Rare card

Submission Net (Vorcha Engineer)
- All stats changed to match the Batarian Submission Net

Challenges
- Renamed N7 Day Challenge banner title to "Loyalist"

Arc Pistol
- Damage multiplier when fully charged increased from 2.0 to 3.0

Disciple Shotgun
- Damage increased from [46.3-57.8] to [55.6-69.5]

Collector SMG
- Damage increased from [37.4-46.75] to [41.2-51.5]

exYle

Ohhh. I always thought it was the damage range of level 1, not the damage range of levels 1-10. Thanks.

That's why some weapons have massive number changes between the two numbers and others don't. They are slow-firing vs. rapid-firing, respectively.

Collector SMG
- Damage increased from [37.4-46.75] to [41.2-51.5]

I only used the Collector SMG once and I thought it was nothing more than a piece of crap.
I used the increased magazine and the extra damage muzzle thingy. I was constantly waiting for the thing to cool down.

edit: Great. the first UR I get to X and its a Scorpion. A gun that is unusable for me (unless I host).

Top Bottom