• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I noticed something with the Batarian Brawler... when you use Biotic Charge with him, sometimes you can hear a human sound. Is it just me?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Krogan Shaman is super boring.

An-Det

can anyone tell me for how long will the weekend challenge be in effect?

i'll be at my ps3 in about 15 hours.. i guess i won't make it?

At EatChildren said, about 22 hours left. The time left for the current operation can always be found at the top of the N7 HQ social page.

DQWuI.png

Mindlog

Played a few more games for the allied goal and was flooded with banner unlocks. Still no Death Guard banner. I think I'm going to complete the Nomad map banner before I finish killing enough husks @_@

Sajjaja

So....just did a three man gold that went so smooth it was scary. I SCORED 215 000 POINTS! I was an N7 Paladin, with a SI and TI. My snap freeze combined with their Energy Drain and Overloads respectively were absolutely devastating against Geth.

Why is everyone suddenly using the 'Corsair' title? It has a picture of Aria and that female Turian on it.

Also, Omega.

Finished my part on Friday. So much of my time is now Demolisher and Shadow.
The GI/SI are fun for a switch-up, but Shadow's gameplay is so satisfying for me.
Still need a Hurricane and Typhoon.

I really wish I could transfer stats cross-platform to play with some of you guys.

X-Frame

Played a few more games for the allied goal and was flooded with banner unlocks. Still no Death Guard banner. I think I'm going to complete the Nomad map banner before I finish killing enough husks @_@

I managed to snag Death Guard before they raised the requirements. I am very happy I did that, haha. Also, I got Nomad last night. I didn't even realize I was close to it until I checked and had a few maps left, so I just hosted games with the maps I needed and ended up getting them all before the night was over.

I'm about 80% done with the medals and points requirement for Spectre Mastery, and that'll be the banner I stick it once I get it, even if I do get the Best of the Best Mass Effect banner, because I think it looks horrible. MaleShep looks dumb and cross-eyed.

EekTheKat

Accidental favorite kit of the week, Turian Soldier with Scorpion pistol. Rapid fire exploding mine gun can often tilt the odds back in my favor during those rough hack spots.

actually I've been running with a Saber and Scorpion on that Turian, it sounds weird but a Turian Soldier with a Saber + Barrage mod is basically a semi automatic 8 shot fire sniper rifle that hits really, really hard.

Sai

Eagle III here. Got it with one Silver/Cerberus game I solo'd with a test run of the Geth Trooper... It was kinda boring. >_> Though I noticed while speccin' it out that it does actually have Defense Matrix. I know there are minor differences, but it's kind of odd that they still decided to tag it as Fortification.

[EDIT] - I was mistaken! It was indeed Fortification.

Also got my Sniper Thermal Scope up to III, and the Pistol Heavy Barrel V(gonna be so delicious on the Talon~).

X-Frame

The big difference between Defense Matrix and Fortification is that purging it will restore your shields, whereas with Fortification it increases melee damage. That's a pretty big change and can be life saver in lots of situations. Maybe BW thinks it would be too powerful.

Sai

Agh. So it is Fortification.

Defense Matrix would be kind of ridiculous on the Geth Trooper, since you can spec 'n equip it to have some pretty ridiculous shield strength already. Having the ability to instantly restore it... It'd be like some Kroguard levels of tankin' going on.

yep im getting sick of the UR drop rate. non stop level 4 consumables with every psp. its really putting me off because URs should drop a lot more.

Mindlog

Don't spend credits until we find out what the new packs are.
Thread*. I guess it was never linked in here.
Accidental favorite kit of the week, Turian Soldier with Scorpion pistol. Rapid fire exploding mine gun can often tilt the odds back in my favor during those rough hack spots.
Yeah, the higher RoF classes really work the Scorpion. The Geth GI is my overall favorite to pair the Scorpion with.
I managed to snag Death Guard before they raised the requirements. I am very happy I did that, haha. Also, I got Nomad last night. I didn't even realize I was close to it until I checked and had a few maps left, so I just hosted games with the maps I needed and ended up getting them all before the night was over.

I'm about 80% done with the medals and points requirement for Spectre Mastery, and that'll be the banner I stick it once I get it, even if I do get the Best of the Best Mass Effect banner, because I think it looks horrible. MaleShep looks dumb and cross-eyed.
I started playing more Sentinel to boost my medal rate. I can't believe my points were behind my waves completed, but I guess that comes with letting other people play lower difficulties on my account. The title is dumb, but I really like that banner. That's also probably going to be my end-point after Nomad.

*Edit to help :]
BleedingUranium wrote...

Based on the names and descriptions I think we can figure out what each pack is:

Arsenal Pack: It's easy to smile when you're armed to the teeth! $3 / 240MSP
Most likely a weapon pack.

N7 Equipment Pack: Superior gear to round out your combat kit. $2.50 / 200MSP
Most likely a gear pack, as in the permanent ones, not equipment.

Reserves Pack: (Need backup? Bring in fighters from all corners of the galaxy to diversify your team.) $3 / 240MSP
Given the name, price, and what the others appear to be, most likely a character pack.
While there is no guarantee that these packs are bound for multiplayer there seems to be some evidence that at least one new pack will be hitting the store. Changed my original quote because it was a bit of a mess and this one is more informative.

*Late Edit: Not tomorrow
Eric Fagnan wrote...
Sorry this won't be out tomorrow.
But
Eric Fagnan wrote...

We are looking at some Saber changes for the near future.
Eric Fagnan wrote...

The Saber is a really decent weapon, but it has the lowest sustained DPS of the ultra rare assault rifles and its DPS is comparable to the Paladin, which is half its weight.

keeth

Neo Member
Boy. I can see why everyone is so big on the Hurricane! I got my first one last night. Even at I, with some mods, it's plenty good! Any suggestions for classes or attachments, etc.? I'm currently using my Volus Engineer with it. He doesn't die quite as much anymore!

Yay.

im so sick of low level scrubs playing on gold. if you are 100 and have a revenant 1, then dont join a gold game as you arent ready for it!

non stop deaths then they leave halfway through the damn game.

btw I refuse to use any geth with hunter mode. the visuals on it suck and I hate losing half my shields.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Geth with hunter mode is the ultimate high risk high reward play style. Once the enemy gets a bead on you you're fucked. But when you get a good rhythm going...oh man.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Geth with hunter mode is the ultimate high risk high reward play style. Once the enemy gets a bead on you you're fucked. But when you get a good rhythm going...oh man.

Which is why Geth Infiltrator is a beast. You've got your invisible cloak to keep you safe in case you need it + there is the power bonus coming from it and also Proximity Mine debuff.

X-Frame

If those new packs are inevitable soon I might as well save my credits and only buy if there is a new weekly character or if I need Medigel.

A weapons pack would be awesome, but I have a feeling it would need to be very high in credits needed to get because then people can get an UR with each pack, unless they continue to give Level 4 consumables.

EatChildren

The packs strike me as priced DLC, not in game credits packs. Short cuts essentially to unlock a bunch of shit without having to gamble on credit packs.

Tsukumo

So....just did a three man gold that went so smooth it was scary. I SCORED 215 000 POINTS! I was an N7 Paladin, with a SI and TI. My snap freeze combined with their Energy Drain and Overloads respectively were absolutely devastating against Geth.

tech powers are a great way to troll infiltrators: they set up explosions for try-hards who roll infis and cannot restrain themselves to spam powers after TC. Hopefully this trend will discourage new comers to select infiltrators just to get high scores.

tech powers are a great way to troll infiltrators: they set up explosions for try-hards who roll infis and cannot restrain themselves to spam powers after TC. Hopefully this trend will discourage new comers to select infiltrators just to get high scores.
what the hell are you talking about? who cares what anyone uses?

Tsukumo

im so sick of low level scrubs playing on gold. if you are 100 and have a revenant 1, then dont join a gold game as you arent ready for it!

non stop deaths then they leave halfway through the damn game.

btw I refuse to use any geth with hunter mode. the visuals on it suck and I hate losing half my shields.

let them learn. As we did.
Also giving them pointers using the in-game voice chat can give them a sprint in situational awareness that will turn them from dead weights to assets in the matter of seconds. You could save many lives by telling them to walk backwards on deliveries, to face-off synch-killers on slopes, to get damage reduction by sticking to cover and using heavy melee. In a co-op (CO-OP) game where you have voice chat, the fault for bad players lies in the community behind it.
All this new people coming in is why Bioware keeps giving us free stuff and why we are now getting new characters, balance changes each week and weekend challenges with immediate rewards. We shouldn't jeopardize that by fending off other users, expecially when you have those same people complaining about so-called noobs but boasting about getting top score and carrying the team. Problem is people acknowledge this is a co-op game only when there is blame to give and not when there is merit to share.
You rarely see posts like Sajjaja's, or Clint beastwood or Mindlog giving props to other players: most of the times people care to talk about other players just to give them shit. Granted this is a problem which is more rampant over at the BSN board rather than here, but gaming communities feeding on themselves is why we can't have nice things.

EekTheKat

First huntress game,U/U/G, 110k. TGI with Harrier beat me by about 20-30k.

edit nevermind : need to do more testing with her.

I might try Krysae/Paladin as kind of a reverse Black Widow/Scorpion kit that I run with other infiltrators with her.

X-Frame

I was looking forward to the Drell before I did Outsider Mastery. Oh well.

I am thinking a 4/6/6/6/4 build, reload-canceling with the Claymore or Piranha, though then I might as well just use the Valkyrie, hmmm.

Mindlog

First huntress game,U/U/G, 110k. TGI with Harrier beat me by about 20-30k.

edit nevermind : need to do more testing with her.

I might try Krysae/Paladin as kind of a reverse Black Widow/Scorpion kit that I run with other infiltrators with her.
I went tried a Tech Explosion version of Fury/Valkyrie. Cloak/Shoot (Incendiary Ammo)/Warp *Fire Explosion*.

Tomorrow I am going to try the Warp Ammo abuse which is supposed to be pretty good.

Top Bottom