• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I went tried a Tech Explosion version of Fury/Valkyrie. Cloak/Shoot (Incendiary Ammo)/Warp *Fire Explosion*.

Tomorrow I am going to try the Warp Ammo abuse which is supposed to be pretty good.

Warp Ammo abuse is absolutely ridiculous.

I didn't even know what I was doing until I saw the stats after the patch.

Warp Ammo IV + Reave + Bubble

its cray

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Operation DETONATOR (Nov 30th – Dec 2nd)

Event Description: Recent setbacks have prompted changes in unit composition. Turian cabal theory is now dominant training paradigm. N7 units will now be deployed with pairs or higher percentages of biotics wherever available to maximize effectiveness.

Individual Goal: Earn 20,000 Biotic Explosion points on any map at any difficulty. You will need to kill the enemy with the explosion for the points to count. Points are cumulative across matches. Extraction not required.

Reward: Commendation Pack

Melchiah

Human Sentinel has Warp and Throw i believe.

kFAQbm.jpg

20,000 points is so trivial. Might as well be 'play a match with a biotic class.' I'm all for automating the process and giving us challenges every week, but making them boring, simplistic battles of 'attrition' (that can easily be completed in a single match) is super lame. I wish they'd come up with more interesting challenges that coaxed players into trying new things, maybe learning how to play more effectively, I don't know. Hell, adding a little specificity (complete x on this map, with this race, against this enemy) is just more interesting I feel. Oh well, come on Hurricane VIII!

Ji66a-Man

Just had 2 games where I couldn't see certain enemies, take cover, or climb ladders. First was on Reactor/Cerberus/Gold where I couldn't see Phantoms. Second was Reactor/Reaper/Gold where I couldn't see Husks, Brutes, and Ravagers. Called it a night after I extracted from that Reaper game.

Bisnic

Just had 2 games where I couldn't see certain enemies, take cover, or climb ladders. First was on Reactor/Cerberus/Gold where I couldn't see Phantoms. Second was Reactor/Reaper/Gold where I couldn't see Husks, Brutes, and Ravagers. Called it a night after I extracted from that Reaper game.

That's what happen when you get into a laggy host i think, I don't know why lag act so differently in this game... i mean, can't it be a simple delay in your actions like every other online games out there rather than making things invisible and preventing you from using ladders and cover?

It seems like every time I see a match bug/lag/whatever out like that, it's either on condor or reactor. As if unknown/unknown weren't scary enough, right?

honestly after months of not using it, the acolyte x is probably the best gun in the game. its usable for every class and it staggers all normal enemies.

I bring it on every load out and its a life saver. you can fire it into a large group and it clears out everyone.

I use it now in place of shotguns as its just so damn powerful.

An-Det

Are there any numbers for how many people are playing the multiplayer nowadays? I was telling a friend that I have no trouble getting matches (on the 360), but had no idea on real numbers.

Bisnic

Are there any numbers for how many people are playing the multiplayer nowadays? I was telling a friend that I have no trouble getting matches (on the 360), but had no idea on real numbers.

The numbers aren't big to be honest, i can't give a number but all i know is that 360 have the most players, followed by PC and PS3(although i guess its Wii U now) is dead last.

Creating my own lobby on PC can take a while before i find a full group, to the point where i think my lobby is glitched when i can't find a single player after a few mins, but looking for a quick match usually takes a few secs thankfully.

Stantron

^ I know the feeling. I've currently got about 40-50 of all level IV consumable types, each. And this is after using a ton of it. I probably get one UR every 10+ PSPs.

Mindlog

^ I know the feeling. I've currently got about 40-50 of all level IV consumable types, each. And this is after using a ton of it. I probably get one UR every 10+ PSPs.
Ouch.
WTB: Incendiary IV and Cyclonic IV.

Completed the challenge stupid fast on Glacier Hazard/Reapers/Gold using the Asari Sentinel. Valiant V.

Chocobro

N7 Valkyrie III get.

im playing a lot less than I was before. the drop rate is just too low to keep me interested.

Yep, tell me about it. I spent a majority of the week (~5-7H/day for 5 days) I had off due to (post-)Hurricane Sandy to try to get the Turian Ghost and get some Harrier upgrades, got nothing.

Because of college and me getting annoyed with the 360 version, I only play for the weekend operations.

N7 Valkyrie III get.

Yep, tell me about it. I spent a majority of the week (~5-7H/day for 5 days) I had off due to (post-)Hurricane Sandy to try to get the Turian Ghost and get some Harrier upgrades, got nothing.

Because of college and me getting annoyed with the 360 version, I only play for the weekend operations.

I get all the new characters asap as everything on my manifest is maxed out except for UR's. That's why all i get is level IV consumables. So for example when the huntress came out i had 2 x PSPs to get her maxed...

then back to level IV consumables again...

I gave my Huntress a Black Widow VII, which I never use because Im more of a shotgun kinda guy.
I pretty much run her as a regular sniper with Dark Channel. DC works so well against Phantoms (my mortal enemy).

I gave my Huntress a Black Widow VII, which I never use because Im more of a shotgun kinda guy.
I pretty much run her as a regular sniper with Dark Channel. DC works so well against Phantoms (my mortal enemy).
how are your cooldowns with that? with a biotic class or a class dependent on powers I usually roll with an acolyte.

how are your cooldowns with that? with a biotic class or a class dependent on powers I usually roll with an acolyte.

I added the High Velocity Barrel to the Widow, for even more weight! :)
Usually I cloak, tag the target with Dark Channel (use power while invisible), fire the three BW shots, reload and then cloak is ready to go again. Weight hasnt really been an issue, though I dont use warp/bio explosions at all. I just tag with Dark Channel and snipe.
Can anyone confirm the armor piercing of the High Velocity Barrel and the Sniper Rifle Piercing Mod will stack? Both descriptions say they will ignore 65% of defences on armored targets, so together, thats well over 100%, right?

Mindlog

I added the High Velocity Barrel to the Widow, for even more weight! :)
Usually I cloak, tag the target with Dark Channel (use power while invisible), fire the three BW shots, reload and then cloak is ready to go again. Weight hasnt really been an issue, though I dont use warp/bio explosions at all. I just tag with Dark Channel and snipe.
Can anyone confirm the armor piercing of the High Velocity Barrel and the Sniper Rifle Piercing Mod will stack? Both descriptions say they will ignore 65% of defences on armored targets, so together, thats well over 100%, right?
The numbers are slightly off, but they do stack.
I mostly like AP/HVB on the Javelin because it lets me shoot through everything. Hell, paired with Phasic Ammo it also let's me kill everything with a body-shot.

Played a game this morning. Noticed two Geth Troopers so I switched to my aggressive Geth Engineer. Fire Explosions everywhere. I forgot how much fun a Geth Engie with a Piranha is.

The numbers are slightly off, but they do stack.
I mostly like AP/HVB on the Javelin because it lets me shoot through everything. Hell, paired with Phasic Ammo it also let's me kill everything with a body-shot.

Played a game this morning. Noticed two Geth Troopers so I switched to my aggressive Geth Engineer. Fire Explosions everywhere. I forgot how much fun a Geth Engie with a Piranha is.

As soon as i see someone with a paladin, i ALWAYS go a geth engineer. You are always going to have fun with that combo....

Sajjaja

Condor/Gold/Reapers...wave 10 it froze.....fucking annoying as shit....Reapers on Condor is hard shit man and it has to freeze...

X-Frame

Eagle VIII and I'm not even mad. It's a good gun, though I don't see any gun being worth taking over the Acolyte or the Talon, so unfortunately it'll get benched. But 2 more and then I won't have to see it.

Sajjaja

Everything on Condor is hard. Thats why its the worst map in the game. Or maybe that honor goes to London?
Either way, my condolences.

London isn't bad. Condor just has sparse cover and everything is so open.

Also....from my victory pack, I got all equipment/consumables. Spectre Packs, all equipment...Commendation I managed to get a valkyrie.

Samara

Ugh those tornadoes filled with bugs are insane. tried shooting them but to no avail. haha

Is it me or does fucking follow you?

Top Bottom