• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

EekTheKat

RNG gods have been kind today : Paladin X, Harrier VIII, and Scorpion IX.

Marksman skill with Harrier VIII is comedy gold.

One guy was trolling me or something on round 10 gold - The two of us were the only ones alive left in the round, I used the last of my rockets to get 3 out of the 4 kill targets, hoping he would get the idea. The only thing he did was run around in a circle not actively killing anything until I died. And as soon as I died he went down immediately right after.

I was beating him by about 30k using my fury specced asari Valkyrie.

It's as if people are unaware that using all of your rockets to get past round 10 is a valid tactic. In many cases it's even the preferred tactic as to simply get past the big money round.

RNG gods have been kind today : Paladin X, Harrier VIII, and Scorpion IX.

Marksman skill with Harrier VIII is comedy gold.

One guy was trolling me or something on round 10 gold - The two of us were the only ones alive left in the round, I used the last of my rockets to get 3 out of the 4 kill targets, hoping he would get the idea. The only thing he did was run around in a circle not actively killing anything until I died. And as soon as I died he went down immediately right after.

I was beating him by about 30k using my fury specced asari Valkyrie.

It's as if people are unaware that using all of your rockets to get past round 10 is a valid tactic. In many cases it's even the preferred tactic as to simply get past the big money round.

Man that is lucky shit.

I agree with you. My rule is if you see a team mate in trouble and theres an atlas with a group of other people around him and he has just revived, ill use a rocket to get him out of there.

Also, if i see 2 atlases in a corridor on any money round ill use one.

And in Round 10 ill use one for ANY difficult situation so we get the cash..

Stantron

Well the sniper in particular basically needs to fired like a mattock/raptor, or yeah its going to drain instantly. Very solid if used that way though, but there are so many good snipers at this point that I wouldn't fault anyone for just not bothering.

I take back what I said about the Collector sniper rifle. When used like you say, and on a Destroyer, it does very good damage output. Although something weird about this gun is that beyond a certain distance, the bullets disappear entirely; no hit markers or damage done to targets at long range. Kind of a lame attribute for a sniper rifle.

Mindlog

I take back what I said about the Collector sniper rifle. When used like you say, and on a Destroyer, it does very good damage output. Although something weird about this gun is that beyond a certain distance, the bullets disappear entirely; no hit markers or damage done to targets at long range. Kind of a lame attribute for a sniper rifle.
The Collector Sniper and Prothean Particle Rifle both have a max range. It drives me crazy on maps like Condor. Still enjoy using them though.

Joined Gold/Giant in progress with my Vorcha Soldier/Collector SMG X. Had to solo most of waves 8 and 9. The host was a very good Spamhard that was unfortunately sync-killed. Giant Hazard and Collectors is still one of my favorite combinations. In the following game I ran into a similar situation. Had to solo late Collector rounds on Ghost(H) with a Turian Sentinel and Arc Pistol. I tried, but man do I hate the Arc Pistol. Took way too long for me to close out the rounds trying to get points with it. It's crazy finishing a game with well over 100k, but only 20k counts towards the Arc Pistol challenge

Chocobro

Operation: Onslaught

Operation ONSLAUGHT (Dec 7th – 9th)

Event Description: Losses of industrial capacity have caused shortages of specialized weapons on several fronts. Population centers must be reclaimed for us to rebuild munitions factories, and N7s will lead recon and assault teams to prep the way for regular infantry to take the territory.

Individual Goal: Earn 75,000 points of damage using an assault rifle on any map at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches. Extraction not required.

Reward: Commendation Pack

Too easy.

Fruitster

Harriers all round this weekend then. The 'nerf anything good or fun' crowd at BSN will be pleased. They have the Harrier firmly in their nerf sights.

Harriers all round this weekend then. The 'nerf anything good or fun' crowd at BSN will be pleased. They have the Harrier firmly in their nerf sights.

To me the gun is just 'good' on anything other than a Ghost, on which it is 'insane.' More evidence that the Ghost is a serious problem for this game's balance. That being said, I really don't think knocking down the Harrier's damage by 10% or so would kill, though I frankly think it would deserve a clip size increase to compensate if they go that route.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Harrier has been the best gun in the game since it's been released. Its one of the few weapons, definitely the only AR, that makes not having a fast recharge time absolutely essential for an ability-dependent class.

God i entered a game without my loadouts at round 4. Usually i exit but there were three players so i thought id help em out.

i Had a destroyer with a Jav II and Typhoon I. Firebase White. ALL of them were a bunch of campers not moving from one spot in the back corner, not even when we had to disable the 4 points on a money round. I basically carried the game and ended up with 120,000 points with only 6-7 rounds to play.

At one point there were 4 atlases at the other end and i took them all out by myself with everyone of them just sniping from afar. When i went down NO ONE came to revive me. So i medigelled and basically wiped out everyone.

At the end, extraction and the next best score was 45K points..

Bunch of level 100-120 campers who had no right to play that style of game. so selfish and despicable.

You cant camp anymore on FBW - the whole point is to stay mobile and stick together. even when all the action was at the other end - phantoms, guardians and dragoons - they didnt move. I might as well have played by myself ffs.

Stantron

^ Makes me appreciate the latest patch that much more. You can still camp an area on any map with the right team, but it gets boring fast. The new challenge system encourages people to use a wide variety of loadouts which makes the game a lot more interesting and fun to play.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
God i entered a game without my loadouts at round 4. Usually i exit but there were three players so i thought id help em out.

i Had a destroyer with a Jav II and Typhoon I. Firebase White. ALL of them were a bunch of campers not moving from one spot in the back corner, not even when we had to disable the 4 points on a money round. I basically carried the game and ended up with 120,000 points with only 6-7 rounds to play.

At one point there were 4 atlases at the other end and i took them all out by myself with everyone of them just sniping from afar. When i went down NO ONE came to revive me. So i medigelled and basically wiped out everyone.

At the end, extraction and the next best score was 45K points..

Bunch of level 100-120 campers who had no right to play that style of game. so selfish and despicable.

You cant camp anymore on FBW - the whole point is to stay mobile and stick together. even when all the action was at the other end - phantoms, guardians and dragoons - they didnt move. I might as well have played by myself ffs.

I would have bailed out pretty early one if I saw players like this.

Stantron

Apparently PC players can use custom banners. I'm so jelly.

JusticarBanner_00000.png

turianbanner_00000.png

salarianengineerbanner_00000.png

valkyrie_banner.png

I would have bailed out pretty early one if I saw players like this.

Once i got passed round 6 i wanted my money. It just annoyed me not ONE guy thought to even watch my back. they didnt have to do much, i had all the firepower but someone to keep phantoms and dragoons off my back would have been appreciated.

They need to realise on gold you have to stay in a team of at least 2. Even if you split into two groups and handle choke points you always need to have someone watching your back - otherwise you are all going to die.

It was so annoying that basic principles in multiplayer were just ignored while they camped and i did all the work. Someone who enters in round 4 should NOT hit 120K points while the rest have 40/30 and 20.

Mindlog

Knocked out my Striker silver for something (not the assault rifle one.)
Valiant VI.

OK I guess. Probably going to miss next weekend though. I hope they don't do anything crazy.

An-Det

Just hopped back into this after a long hiatus, can someone point me to a description of the new updates (challenges, banners, etc)?

Go here and replace my gamertag with your own. The Challenges tab shows your what challenges exist, your progress, and what banners you will unlock and how many gold stars you get for it. The Characters tab shows what characters you currently have deployed. Your inventory shows everything you have unlocked (weapons, weapon mods, consumables, gear, etc). Overview, Leaderboards, and Achievements are also there.

Depending on when you last played, they've also added bunch of new maps and Hazard versions of them (FB White has a whiteout, Ghost has rain that damages your shields, etc), and have released the Collectors as a new enemy faction (also a new unit for Cerberus and Geth each). The ME wiki also lists the specific additions for each new dlc (Resurgence, Rebellion, Earth, Retaliation).

Go here and replace my gamertag with your own. The Challenges tab shows your what challenges exist, your progress, and what banners you will unlock and how many gold stars you get for it. The Characters tab shows what characters you currently have deployed. Your inventory shows everything you have unlocked (weapons, weapon mods, consumables, gear, etc). Overview, Leaderboards, and Achievements are also there.

Depending on when you last played, they've also added bunch of new maps and Hazard versions of them (FB White has a whiteout, Ghost has rain that damages your shields, etc), and have released the Collectors as a new enemy faction (also a new unit for Cerberus and Geth each). The ME wiki also lists the specific additions for each new dlc (Resurgence, Rebellion, Earth, Retaliation).

This is great, thank you.

Melchiah

I played one round earlier tonight, and noticed that playing without headphones was like playing partially handicapped, as I couldn't hear where the enemy is coming from.

Sai

Valiant IV.

Don't really mind, but... Seriously, just want to get that Hurricane wrapped up. >_>

Anyways, quick game of Silver with the Ghost + freshly buffed Saber did the trick. Easy~

Also, unlocked the Asari Huntress, and the last appearance option for the Volus Adept.

god damn I chose this week of all weeks to promote my turian ghost. looks like itll take a little longer to do this challenge with the destroyer..

Crusader VII. Blech. Honestly, I kind of don't care about any of the promotional weapons anymore. Might be fun to yank out the Hurricane again, but the stability issues make headshotting stuff with the Collector smg such an easy 'second' choice. I dunno. I'm getting to be pretty well at my limit with this game. That's not really a bad thing, never would have guessed ME3 multiplayer would get 5x the playtime as Diablo 3, I've certainly gotten my money's worth.

X-Frame

I wonder if BioWare has any more DLC planned after all these characters are released.

I know there's only a handful of them left working on the game, but there's still so many characters and so many good ideas that they can run with to make new and unique characters.

At the very least they should be bringing the DLC weapons from SP to the MP soon. I don't see a point in waiting until even less people are playing to bring them over.

I wonder if BioWare has any more DLC planned after all these characters are released.

I know there's only a handful of them left working on the game, but there's still so many characters and so many good ideas that they can run with to make new and unique characters.

At the very least they should be bringing the DLC weapons from SP to the MP soon. I don't see a point in waiting until even less people are playing to bring them over.

The prospect of putting together new kits seems really cool and low maintenance, but given that at least half of the weekly releases since the dlc have been bugged to various degrees (oops huntress cloak busted, oops didn't bother to make sure we gave the Quarian Soldier the right amount of shields, because double checking one damned number is too much to ask I guess), I'm not entirely sure it's even a good idea.

id like totally new characters with new powers. or one with dominate, sabotage and flare.

not just the rehashed stuff we've been getting. the volus was the last greatcharacter we got. .

Chocobro

Drell Infiltrator, Volus Vanguard, Turian Engineer and Batarian Adept are the final four I believe.

I'm not even sure how Volus Vanguard is going to work out, can't imagine of a reason to play it over the Volus Adept. Except maybe for the lols:
SUsdx.gif

(GIF taken from BSN forums post)

I love collector on gold now. its so difficult but rewarding. you need a completely different strategy compares to cerberus.

all consumables end up gone but extracting on collector gold with a volus is so awesome.

Top Bottom