• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Tsukumo

I remember hearing the Phoenix classes had bugged health/shield and that there was no difference between putting 0 points into Fitness or 4. Did they ever fix that or was it ever confirmed?

I think it was a pc related bug. The thread compiling all the game's bugs made by Cyonan on Bsn doesn't list it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What should have happened: completed objective in first game.

What happened: made the dumb decision to play a public match, bronze. Started by myself, figured like always nobody would join, and if they did it wouldn't be until the very end. Get to wave 4, people join. Guy dies on wave five. Same guy dies wave 7. Great. Next match all players leave, bunch of new people join. One guy dies wave five in the next round.

Bail out of public room at the end. Start a private game. Solo all 11 waves with no deaths.

Fuck the public.

I decided to spec out a Quarian Engineer. Maxed health and everything first. Start playing some Bronze matches.

In the first one someone decides to 1v1 an Atlas so we don't get the survival bonus. Sigh. Later, we're in the Extraction wave, everyone's chilling with 5 seconds left and one of the Vanguards uses Biotic Charge. Partial Extraction. Double sigh.

I finish the Challenge on my next match.

Currently on Firebase Giant and waiting for our last guy to solo two Banshees. Apparently he's got tons of Medigels but won't use rocket launchers to save the 3 of us who already died.

Eagle V.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Currently on Firebase Giant and waiting for our last guy to solo two Banshees. Apparently he's got tons of Medigels but won't use rocket launchers to save the 3 of us who already died.

I find this happens a lot. In so many games I've played people are bizarrely neglectant when it comes to using rocket launchers. Like, all eleven rounds I might be the only person to use the damn thing, even when shit is hitting the fan and we desperately need someone to use them. It's like people have this mental stigma against them, as if they're cheating.

If the team can hold onto their rockets until wave ten, it usually makes wave ten's objective super easy. Use your rockets, people. I know you've got a ton because I've got a ton and I use them.

An-Det

Aside from the N7 Valkyrie 1 I unlocked for this weekend's challenge, my last 4 rare unlocks have been Geth Pulse Rifle 5-8. Random my ass.

Agreed EatChildren. All my supplies are max/near max, so I started trying to break the old rpg habit of saving items and just use them once I started doing Gold. It helps that I can use 5 rockets in a match though, being able to be more liberal with them is wonderful.

It's a lot easier to burn through your rockets than your medi-gels.

I hardly use mine but still ran out and went without them for a few weeks because all I bought were PSP's.

Now, I only use them when big enemies crowd together or a Banshee picks up a teammate.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's a lot easier to burn through your rockets than your medi-gels.

I hardly use mine but still ran out and went without them for a few weeks because all I bought were PSP's.

Now, I only use them when big enemies crowd together or a Banshee picks up a teammate.

Nah, i have 60 medigels and 120 missiles. It's must easier to burn through medigels. :p I always use rockets on big groups anyway, might be why i always shake my head a little when i see people using them on a single Atlas or Banshee.

X-Frame

I stocked up on Recruit Packs a couple weeks ago and am sitting at over 200+ Rockets & Medigel. I'd say I'm set for a good while.

And I maxed all my Rare weapons/gear and below so all I need left to unlock is Ultra-Rares and I am not very motivated to go after them since the drop rate is so poor it seems it would take me another 200-300 hours of play before I max them all.

2 more banners to go as well until I get the Best of the Best, then I might take a break.

I use rockets to either help people (revive with volus, if surrounded by Geth primes ill use one as hes getting up and heal him), or when 2 or more big dudes together in close proximity.

I dont have many consumables so im not always packin rockets or medigels. Pretty much only buy PSPs now trying to max my UR's so i dont get many.

Still havent gotten the new Turian Engineer which is strange.....

And I maxed all my Rare weapons/gear and below so all I need left to unlock is Ultra-Rares and I am not very motivated to go after them since the drop rate is so poor it seems it would take me another 200-300 hours of play before I max them all.

All ive got is URs. Its depressing to know i have to waste a million creds on average to get my my sabre from a III to a IV then another million credits to get my Typhoon to a II. They need to make the double the drop rate because seriously..it just hasnt been fair since day 1.

Crusader II.

Damn, it takes such a long time to max out these uncommons. I hate that I keep getting repeat character cards even though those are already fully customizable.

I know I have tons of survival ops packs. Every time I burn through my ammo I'm prompted to use one but I always decide to run for the nearest ammo crate instead.

Bisnic

I never ever waste those ammo/grenade consumables. They have been maxed at 255 for months.

Like this, i alway get the 3 other more important items from packs. I can just run to boxes to get ammo and grenades anyway.

X-Frame

I'm currently sitting at 255 for all 4 consumables. Spamming Recruit Packs to level up my characters to tackle the N7 Mastery challenge is my method right now, and I quickly maxed everything else.

It'll be nice and comfortable once that is over and I return to Gold with all those consumables to burn through.

Mindlog

I use thermal clip packs all the time. They're handy. I just top off with JEPs before I start buying PSPs and whatnot.

Had to make an extra effort to complete this week's goal and all I got was a Crusader IV. Neat, I guess.

I also got the chance to play on a relatively new account. I tried to show them the ropes. It's fun to take an N7 30 with crap weapons and gear yet run up the score in a bronze match :D A level 17 Krogan with a Phaeston and Valiant or even a Human Sentinel with a Predator is very strong. I even hopped into Silver rather easily with the Krogan. If I had more time I would have tried to knock out a Gold match just for kicks.

Stantron

I normally play Gold matches with randoms which usually result in extractions. Feeling confident, I decided to dip my toes into Platinum recently. I only played a few of matches, but there have been missile glitchers on three separate occasions. I haven't run into them in a long time on Gold. I guess it makes sense that they would move on to the higher credit modes. :/

Played my first Gold match last night with randoms. Firebase White against Geth. We ran with two Salarian Engineer decoy builds, an Asari Valkyrie and a Turian Havoc. Even though my consumables aren't maxed and rockets are still at 2, my engineer held its own. Got full extraction, and aside from one of the money rounds, the match felt pretty easy. I think it's probably because the other Salarian Engineer and I coordinated pretty well. I'll probably farm for credits with this build for a while until I can improve my manifest and move on from veteran packs.

I normally play Gold matches with randoms which usually result in extractions. Feeling confident, I decided to dip my toes into Platinum recently. I only played a few of matches, but there have been missile glitchers on three separate occasions. I haven't run into them in a long time on Gold. I guess it makes sense that they would move on to the higher credit modes. :/

Saw my first Gold Missile Glitcher in many a moon this morning. Reported! But yeah, random platinums are tough to find, though I did get into a solid one a couple days back.

I'm finding Geth Engineer to be my favorite for Platinum lately. If you skip hunter mode he's pretty damned tanky, and I stick scorpion(mooks)+csmg(armor) on him with incendiary ammo, between that and offensive turret he makes plenty of explosions while still being good at team support.

Saw my first Gold Missile Glitcher in many a moon this morning. Reported! But yeah, random platinums are tough to find, though I did get into a solid one a couple days back.

I'm finding Geth Engineer to be my favorite for Platinum lately. If you skip hunter mode he's pretty damned tanky, and I stick scorpion(mooks)+csmg(armor) on him with incendiary ammo, between that and offensive turret he makes plenty of explosions while still being good at team support.
I skip hunter mode as its useless for him. he has over 1200 shields without it.

btw what is the deal with the drell adept? how is it possible to make him viable for gold? at level 3 fitness he has around 300 shields. I use grenade mod 5 on him...

2 shots and hes down...

X-Frame

btw what is the deal with the drell adept? how is it possible to make him viable for gold? at level 3 fitness he has around 300 shields. I use grenade mod 5 on him...

2 shots and hes down...

He's very very Gold viable it just takes a lot more to keep him alive. First, Reave everything for the 40% damage reduction. Also, when he does his flips from side/back he also receives a large damage reduction so be Reaving & flipping a lot and then toss your clusters after you've Reaved a group and they'll all die in huge biotic explosions.

Since he's fast too you can keep flipping and running and just avoid fire. Him and the Drell Vanguard are my last 2 classes to use to complete all the Alien banners, I'm excited.

He's very very Gold viable it just takes a lot more to keep him alive. First, Reave everything for the 40% damage reduction. Also, when he does his flips from side/back he also receives a large damage reduction so be Reaving & flipping a lot and then toss your clusters after you've Reaved a group and they'll all die in huge biotic explosions.

Since he's fast too you can keep flipping and running and just avoid fire. Him and the Drell Vanguard are my last 2 classes to use to complete all the Alien banners, I'm excited.

I love the drell adept, and find him to be quite survivable because of his sheer destructive power. If the enemy is dead, who cares how low your shields are? The trick is to get good at placing cluster grenades and then use them with reave to nuke spawns before they can react. Easily my favorite adept.

With the damage output of everything on gold, the numerical value of shields is pretty irrelevant; the question is, how many hits before your shields are down, and with reave in his pocket, the drell adept isn't really any worse of than any of the other non-tanky classes in that respect.

Chocobro

2 shots and hes down...

I tried the Drell Adept on Gold after looking at xCalizorz's video for reference here (loadout at the beginning, build at the end) and it works out really well. Skip out on pull for full fitness and for CG evo5, get damage combo, and slap on some warp ammo.

Samara

got a collector submachine gun: what a piece of shit. takes forever to reload and to ....evacuate steam wtf

And the volus...you cant take cover??? and youre shooting ennemies in their knees! grrrr so mad

Ronabo

The Collector SMG isn't too bad if you burst fire with it and had built in armor penetration. Also put the magazine upgrade on it. Don't use the heat sink as it doesn't work with the gun. In fact it seems to make it consume twice as much ammo with it on.

I really like the Volus. Don't bother putting any points into health. And remember to take all the shield boost and damage reduction abilities. Then just spam shield boost all day long. You'll probably never top the leader-board, but your team will be hard to kill. :)

Ronabo

December 18, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be no balance updates for the next 3 weeks due to the Christmas holidays

Two new packs added to the store:
- Reserves Pack - for players who want character unlocks and upgrades
- Arsenal Pack - for players who want weapon unlocks and upgrades

Unlocking Volus Protector Vanguard and challenge
Unlocking Batarian Slasher Adept and challenge
Unlocking Drell Assassin Infiltrator and challenge

All hazard maps are now unlocked for the Christmas holidays

Acolyte Pistol
- Reverting pistol to original state before the attempted rocket glitch fix since the change
did not curb the use of the glitch

Sabotage Power
- Base cooldown decreased from 14 to 10 seconds
- Base backfire damage decreased 300 to 250

Bisnic

New packs and all 3 remaining characters? Yay!

I'm guessing these new packs are more expensive than PSP. But if the Arsenal Packs guarantee a higher chance for ultra-rares(no fucking rank IV consumables once all rare weapons are maxed hopefully), i won't mind at all.

December 18, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be no balance updates for the next 3 weeks due to the Christmas holidays

Two new packs added to the store:
- Reserves Pack - for players who want character unlocks and upgrades
- Arsenal Pack - for players who want weapon unlocks and upgrades

Unlocking Volus Protector Vanguard and challenge
Unlocking Batarian Slasher Adept and challenge
Unlocking Drell Assassin Infiltrator and challenge

All hazard maps are now unlocked for the Christmas holidays

Acolyte Pistol
- Reverting pistol to original state before the attempted rocket glitch fix since the change
did not curb the use of the glitch

Sabotage Power
- Base cooldown decreased from 14 to 10 seconds
- Base backfire damage decreased 300 to 250
the acolyte is now officially useless. nerfed AND you have to charge it? what's the point.

has anyone bought an arsenal pack yet? how much and what does it give you?

I was playing 20 mins ago and none of these changes were made..

Stantron

If the Arsenal pack guarantees at least one weapon, and the only pool it has to pick from are ultra rares, then this is a great deal. Sounds too good to be true.

edit: checked BSN. Someone opened 26 arsenal packs and got only one UR and a ton of IV ammo. Well shit. lol

What's the exact description for these new packs? I want to know if they guarantee any rares or ultra-rares or just a set of weapons will be unlocked depending on what you've maxed out.

reserves are 5 random items with at least 2 rares or better with a higher chance for character.

arsenal is the same thing but replace characters with weapons.

Bisnic

reserves are 5 random items with at least 2 rares or better with a higher chance for character.

arsenal is the same thing but replace characters with weapons.

"Higher chance"? So it's not only weapons or characters? You still get both, but with a higher chance to get one or the other depending on the pack?

"Higher chance"? So it's not only weapons or characters? You still get both, but with a higher chance to get one or the other depending on the pack?
just bought a character pack.

got 5 ops survival pack
power efficiency module 3
phasic rounds 3
drell assassin
volus protector.

it just means no lvl 4 consumables.

Bisnic

got 5 ops survival pack
phasic rounds 3
drell assassin
volus protector.

I still seriously doubt that i will only get Ultra-rare weapons when i will buy my first Arsenal Pack though, since all my rare weapons are maxed.

got 5 ops survival pack
phasic rounds 3
drell assassin
volus protector.

Got two cyclonic modulator IVs out of one, so you can still end up with consumables, but less likely.

Drell assassin is a boss, trying out biotic bowling ball now.

Top Bottom