• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

not keen on the drell. what weapon u using? what build?

im trying a valiant iv with him

Only played him once, used the harrier, will probably try the claymore next. Sniping seems to synergize poorly with his skills, get in and ninja stuff!

Cloak->Deploy Recon Mine->Fire Homing grenade and wait for impact->detonate mine=massive fire explosion of doom. Neither of his skills will decloak him (if you deploy and detonate the mine he will, I think), abuse this!

Volus Protector is actually kind of a boss; he can pretty much use the same offensive pattern as any vanguard: acolyte+charge will destroy basically any unarmored target, and the hurricane gets it done against armor. He obviously doesn't have quite the damage output of his fellow vanguards, but shield boost is still handy for support, and for shields when a valid charge target isn't handy. I put 3 points in orbs for the recharge bonus, not sure 30% is worth it, but he looks cool at least!

Getting ready to mess with the Batarian, not sure what to do with him; lash is kind of lame, but I feel like he might kind of need the extra option. I'll try without and see how it goes.

Chocobro

Is it true that Recon Mine (setting up and blowing up) doesn't break your cloak for the Drell Infiltrator at all? Just something I read from GameFAQs forums and I won't be able to play until tomorrow so I can't verify it.

Edit: Guess my question is answered while I was taking forever to type on my phone!

Is it true that Recon Mine (setting up and blowing up) doesn't break your cloak for the Drell Infiltrator at all? Just something I read from GameFAQs forums and I won't be able to play until tomorrow so I can't verify it.

Edit: Guess my question is answered while I was taking forever to type on my phone!

Yeah I'm pretty sure if you both set and detonate in a single cycle that will break cloak, but that takes about as much time as a damage specced cloak lasts anyway, so effectively, no it doesn't!

Samara

The Collector SMG isn't too bad if you burst fire with it and had built in armor penetration. Also put the magazine upgrade on it. Don't use the heat sink as it doesn't work with the gun. In fact it seems to make it consume twice as much ammo with it on.

I really like the Volus. Don't bother putting any points into health. And remember to take all the shield boost and damage reduction abilities. Then just spam shield boost all day long. You'll probably never top the leader-board, but your team will be hard to kill. :)

Alrighty, will try tonite. thanks

Lol anybody play with their presents yet?

563729_3545976946531_2130733911_n.jpg

Tried the Assassin on Platinum with a claymore. Wiped on wave 9, but that wasn't his fault. Recon mine with tc=ridiculous.

I think he's a bit more technical than the other infiltrators, kind of has a lot to be doing at any given moment, juggling that successfully will be key to getting the most out of him.

X-Frame

Tried the Assassin on Platinum with a claymore. Wiped on wave 9, but that wasn't his fault. Recon mine with tc=ridiculous.

I think he's a bit more technical than the other infiltrators, kind of has a lot to be doing at any given moment, juggling that successfully will be key to getting the most out of him.

I think I am going to go with this sniper build:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...5BJ5//SniperRifleRailAmp3//OperativePackage5/

It's disgustingly powerful. 3000+ per shot with a Black Widow VII, not including in the radius of the Recon Mine or with headshot damages. The Drell's powerful weapon passives make him a nightmare with a sniper rifle.

I just need to unlock him damnit!

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...5BJ5//SniperRifleRailAmp3//OperativePackage5/

It's disgustingly powerful. 3000+ per shot with a Black Widow VII, not including in the radius of the Recon Mine or with headshot damages. The Drell's powerful weapon passives make him a nightmare with a sniper rifle.

Maybe I should give him a go as a sniper... I just feel like his skill set really calls for an up close and personal type. You're right though, his superior racial passive really elevates the potential for snipers in particular.

Edit: ah, looking closer at your proposed build, I see you plan to opt out of homing grenades. Probably smart for the sniper approach, but I just don't know if I could bring myself to do it.

Edit 2: man, I bet he'd actually be able to wreck house with a melee build, his heavy melee is super fast and tracks, and does great damage to start. Hmm, a lot of options for this guy...

Edit 3: Yeah, I think he can break 6k melee damage without a sweat if you gear him for it specifically. Definitely worth checking out...

Chocobro

Would RM evo4 damage be better because you'll be using the TC recharge or am I missing something?

X-Frame

Maybe I should give him a go as a sniper... I just feel like his skill set really calls for an up close and personal type. You're right though, his superior racial passive really elevates the potential for snipers in particular.

Edit: ah, looking closer at your proposed build, I see you plan to opt out of homing grenades. Probably smart for the sniper approach, but I just don't know if I could bring myself to do it.

Edit 2: man, I bet he'd actually be able to wreck house with a melee build, his heavy melee is super fast and tracks, and does great damage to start. Hmm, a lot of options for this guy...

Edit 3: Yeah, I think he can break 6k melee damage without a sweat if you gear him for it specifically. Definitely worth checking out...

I am loving that there's many options to build him. I think the up-close and personal build would work very well too because with a full Fitness tree and Adrenaline Mod he can be Invisible for 11 seconds and move at incredible speeds all while firing Homing Grenades and Recon Mines (& detonating them) all form cloak.

I'm going to try out lots of builds. A melee build sounds totally badass too. A true Assassin!

Would RM evo4 damage be better because you'll be using the TC recharge or am I missing something?

Oh, good point. I didn't think of that. I'll have to check that out and see if that makes a difference. And you mean Evolution 5 I assume. Thanks for pointing that out.

I am loving that there's many options to build him. I think the up-close and personal build would work very well too because with a full Fitness tree and Adrenaline Mod he can be Invisible for 11 seconds and move at incredible speeds all while firing Homing Grenades and Recon Mines (& detonating them) all form cloak.

I'm going to try out lots of builds. A melee build sounds totally badass too. A true Assassin!

Yeah this is officially happening. I'll report back with the results!

Edit: okay, just put in a match with InfiDrell in full melee spec, gold/cerberus. Easily once shots everything but phantom/dragoon/atlas, but his low health makes it a pretty risky approach. Past the early waves I was pretty much just playing a shotgun infiltrator who occasionally punches dudes. Not bad, but probably not worth the full on commitment--I'm pretty sure the guys I could 1 hit I was overkilling; I think throwing on an omni blade and taking melee instead of recharge on cloak would most likely get the same kills without committing the entire build to it. Testing this now!

An-Det

Two Reserves Packs bought today and so far have unlocked the Drell Assassin, Batarian Brawler, and Batarian Slasher (and Survival Pack level 4). Not bad. Played a few matches with the Slasher (who has Lash, Warp, and Cluster Grenades). I dont know how it compares to similar classes (first time I've used Lash or CG's), but it's definitely fun to get so many enemies floating around.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
OneTrueShot, the guy who successfully leaked a whole bunch of Retaliation stuff, has stated on the BSN that another expansion pack is indeed on the way.

X-Frame

Edit: okay, just put in a match with InfiDrell in full melee spec, gold/cerberus. Easily once shots everything but phantom/dragoon/atlas, but his low health makes it a pretty risky approach. Past the early waves I was pretty much just playing a shotgun infiltrator who occasionally punches dudes. Not bad, but probably not worth the full on commitment--I'm pretty sure the guys I could 1 hit I was overkilling; I think throwing on an omni blade and taking melee instead of recharge on cloak would most likely get the same kills without committing the entire build to it. Testing this now!

Haha, sounds fun. I might try it.

I am going to respec and then try a typical shotgun infiltrator. His speed and maneuverability makes it very effective for him to just casually walk around at running speed and blast people.

I just don't know if I want to sacrifice points in Homing Grenades or Recon Mine. I need his passives and fitness maxed and his cloak can just get 4 ranks. Hmm, decisions ..

OneTrueShot, the guy who successfully leaked a whole bunch of Retaliation stuff, has stated on the BSN that another expansion pack is indeed on the way.

I saw that. That would be great, and seriously amazing on BW to continually be supporting the game like this with all the new content. Maybe it'll be ready in about a month or so when they return from their 3 week hiatus? I would assume the single player DLC weapons will make it in, as well as the Chakram Launcher. I don't even know what kind of new classes could possibly come out, especially if they're legit unique ones with new powers and character looks. What are we missing?

Geth Sentinel
Krogan Infiltrator/Engineer
Batarian Infiltrator/Engineer
Vorcha Infiltrator
etc, etc.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Someone said something about hazard variations for the Earth DLC maps, but I'm not sure where it's coming from.

You're not? Didn't you love the Volus Engineer? I'd think that he's similar but better.

I only used him once to be fair and im pretty sure i chose the wrong build and loadout. I should have specced tactical cloak for Duration NOT for damage. I also should not be using a sniper rifle and should be using like a reeger or something like that. You really need to be up close and personal for him.

Im also taking Grenade Loadout V with him for the 5 extra grenades. i tihnk i used to get used to him.

I like the Volus because he has shield boost to make up for his crappy health and fitness...i know the Drell has speed but im just not used to playing a character who is so squishy...

What are everyones specs on the Drell? Im assuming you dont need level 6 Tactical Cloak as you dont need to fire an additional power etc while cloaked?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
There's enough characters in the game now. Just add more maps and hazard versions of the current ones, and maybe some new enemies for the Reapers(Adjutants). A new objective might be interesting.

exYle

There's enough characters in the game now. Just add more maps and hazard versions of the current ones, and maybe some new enemies for the Reapers(Adjutants). A new objective might be interesting.

I can't think of any new objectives that'd be fun. They've covered, like, all the bases.
EDIT: Maybe like a carry-the-bomb to a location objective.

Also, what was your old avatar? I'm struggling to remember.

Bisnic

I can't think of any new objectives that'd be fun. They've covered, like, all the bases.
EDIT: Maybe like a carry-the-bomb to a location objective.

Also, what was your old avatar? I'm struggling to remember.

Wrex.

EatChildren

The other hint OneTrueShot gave, awhile ago, was "Space Zombies". Kind of hard to imagine what that means when Mass Effect by default has several space zombie-like enemies, and the multiplayer is already hoard.

Mindlog

That's close to the build I was planning on. Homing Grenade kind of blows at range, but being able to spam them in close while cloaked sounds effective.
Someone said something about hazard variations for the Earth DLC maps, but I'm not sure where it's coming from.
It's almost silly at this point. This is the kind of support old PC games used to get. More MP DLC guarantees I buy SP DLC even if I don't find it all that interesting.

Nori Chan

Wow another expansion pack? God this game is so underrated, I love it.

At least one more single player DLC too? Boy man can't wait. Hopefully it'll be one new class per kit.

exYle

That's close to the build I was planning on. Homing Grenade kind of blows at range, but being able to spam them in close while cloaked sounds effective.

It's almost silly at this point. This is the kind of support old PC games used to get. More MP DLC guarantees I buy SP DLC even if I don't find it all that interesting.

Buying them PSP's with real money has paid off

Played some more with the Assassin, you do need to commit some points to the melee fitness spec in order to kill mooks through shields with a single hit. Ultimately it's probably not worth it, but you can still punch unshielded troops to death pretty easy. In general, I think 4/6/6/6/4 is the best way to take him, I settled into a good rhythm with the Wraith, cloak->deploy mine->shoot->homing grenade->detonate mine, and permutations thereof. He's basically always putting out damage this way, and assuming incendiary ammo, making explosions all over. Great character, lots of fun.

Bisnic

I hope they add a new enemy type. I want to fight against mercs like the Blood Pack or the Blue Suns.

As fun as it would be to fight against mercenaries like in ME1 or ME2, it wouldn't make any sense to do that with what happened in ME3 though.

After all, Shepard just saved Omega and Aria who now have the Blood Pack, Blue Suns and Eclipe in her hands is here to help with the war.

As fun as it would be to fight against mercenaries like in ME1 or ME2, it wouldn't make any sense to do that with what happened in ME3 though.

After all, Shepard just saved Omega and Aria who now have the Blood Pack, Blue Suns and Eclipe in her hands is here to help with the war.

I know it wouldnt make story sense but I want to fight Krogans and such. Just stick them in without an explanation at all.

Bisnic

I know it wouldnt make story sense but I want to fight Krogans and such. Just stick them in without an explanation at all.

"We are proud to present a new faction for the multiplayer mode of Mass Effect 3 : Indoctrinated Mercenaries" -Bioware

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Volus Vanguard can use orbs to charge faster, activate a melee with large DR and cloak.

Hrm.

Hrm indeed - might have to pop the game in and try my luck later tonight with that new package, since the Volus Engineer has been my favorite character in the game for quite some time now.

Mindlog

Finally got to try the, Drell Infiltrator. I can't really put my finger on it, but it's definitely more than the sum of its parts. I tried it at the same time I was knocking out some Hornet Damage. On Reapers/Reactor/Gold I had a blast killing everything. Need a little more Hornet damage to get the Outsider Silver completed, but finished my SMG Mastery.

Trying to get banners has been fun. Re-visiting all those old favorites is great. Turian Soldier + Tempest is still very good.

Finally got to try the, Drell Infiltrator. I can't really put my finger on it, but it's definitely more than the sum of its parts. I tried it at the same time I was knocking out some Hornet Damage. On Reapers/Reactor/Gold I had a blast killing everything. Need a little more Hornet damage to get the Outsider Silver completed, but finished my SMG Mastery.

Trying to get banners has been fun. Re-visiting all those old favorites is great. Turian Soldier + Tempest is still very good.

I'm at 21/25; basically just need to play x rounds with Krogaurd, Batarian Soldier, Drell Assassin, Phoenix Adept, Turian Sentinel, And Geth Trooper.

exYle

Operation-Prophecy-Blog-1024x655.jpg

Operation: PROPHECY (December 21st-23rd)

Event Description:

Our successes on Earth have given us the capability to land materiel in several war zones. However, in order to conceal shipments to the resistance, each delivery needs corresponding strikes on Reaper targets to create a screening distraction. The operations to deliberately gain Reaper attention are extremely high-risk and will require increased numbers to spread thin Reaper reaction forces. For this mission, N7 commanders, wherever possible, will recruit and command supplemental volunteer units: recent graduates of our N7 program and soldiers who bring experience from other branches.

Challenge Goal 1: Extract once on each Earth map (London, Vancouver, and Rio).

Challenge Goal 2: Score 100,000 cumulative points against Reaper enemies.

Challenges can be completed at any difficulty.

Completion of both goals awards the player a Commendation Pack.
Completion of both goals also awards the player a banner, “Hero of the Last Days.”

That banner should be awesome.

Top Bottom