• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Ji66a-Man

What's the banner look like?
ejTON.png

X-Frame

Really cool banner. They're definitely playing off the Mayan Prophecy for this, obviously.

I haven't played this for ages, is there still only 3 enemy factions? It got really stale killing the same dudes over and over.

They added the Collectors a couple months ago. Personally, they're the hardest faction and on Gold the difference between them and the other 3 is pretty big. Though that could be because people need to get used to them too.

Mindlog

The Volus Vanguard is fun as hell with a Talon. There's something about it and the Drell Infiltrator that seems to work differently from most other classes. I'm really enjoying them both.

Valkyrie IV.

*Buying packs is a chore now.

Inversive

Really cool banner. They're definitely playing off the Mayan Prophecy for this, obviously.

They added the Collectors a couple months ago. Personally, they're the hardest faction and on Gold the difference between them and the other 3 is pretty big. Though that could be because people need to get used to them too.

That's awesome, I think i'll fire it up. I'm gonna be awful though D;

sagat2036

So whats the deal with exiting lobbies and losing credits?

Lost a good 300k after doing some solid gold runs on earth locs. I became host and 2 player kept dying every wave that i didnt care no more, game ended wave 9. i didnt rush to leave lobby but when i hit the store my credits were gone. Its happens to me a lot it seems.

Sai

Valkyrie II. Meh...

The Challenge Award Banner is nice though.

Geth Infiltrator specced for max damage output with Javelin VIII + Sniper Rifle High-Velocity Barrel V + Sniper Rifle Weapon/Gear Amps III/V + Armor-Piercing Rounds III = Lol @ everything.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Geth Infiltrator is a walking delete key.

X-Frame

Eagle IX.

I'm pretty excited to get it to X, it's actually a good pistol now. Not as good as a Talon or Acolyte so I would only take it if I wasn't taking the other 15 guns that are much better, but it's still a good pistol, especially with Marksman or on a Turian.

Still no Crusader and I'm very happy. I don't want even 1 of them.

Eagle VI. Honestly don't really use any of the event weapons any more, since I usually opt for csmg over the hurricane simply because it's easier to handle, and is usually paired with the scorpion or acolyte as a long range/armor option. Would still like to max the hurricane out though. I'm hoping the rumors of a new dlc pan out, because I'm pretty much out of stuff to do. Once I polish off the few remaining challenges I'll probably just stick to logging in for the weekend challenges unless/until some new content comes out.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm hoping the rumors of a new dlc pan out, because I'm pretty much out of stuff to do. Once I polish off the few remaining challenges I'll probably just stick to logging in for the weekend challenges unless/until some new content comes out.

I'm guessing it will come out soon before or after the campaign Citadel DLC.

It would be nice to have a Citadel multiplayer map to be honest. Fighting on the Presidium or something like that. I always liked that view in ME1 and ME3. As a bonus, you could even shoot at the rare Catalyst ghost kid appearance for extra credits! :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Eagle IX.

I'm pretty excited to get it to X, it's actually a good pistol now. Not as good as a Talon or Acolyte so I would only take it if I wasn't taking the other 15 guns that are much better, but it's still a good pistol, especially with Marksman or on a Turian.

Still no Crusader and I'm very happy. I don't want even 1 of them.

Crusader is my favorite gun in the game :(

Bisnic

I wish it wasn't so heavy though. I would use that gun on my vanguards without hesitation if they would cut its weight by half. But I need Biotic Charge to be on short cooldown if i have to refill my shield when in danger. :p

X-Frame

Really? I heard it was pretty lackluster especially compared to the other shotgun options. I'm actually surprised that I never got 1 from it though. I hope I max my Eagle then my Hurricane which is at V.

The Valkyrie is supposed to be good at high levels too.

Mindlog

Valkyrie II. Meh...

The Challenge Award Banner is nice though.

Geth Infiltrator specced for max damage output with Javelin VIII + Sniper Rifle High-Velocity Barrel V + Sniper Rifle Weapon/Gear Amps III/V + Armor-Piercing Rounds III = Lol @ everything.
That's pretty good.
Try Phasic Ammo.

Bisnic

Really? I heard it was pretty lackluster especially compared to the other shotgun options. I'm actually surprised that I never got 1 from it though. I hope I max my Eagle then my Hurricane which is at V.

The Valkyrie is supposed to be good at high levels too.

It's very powerful and the most accurate shotgun out there. The only downside is its weight and that some people have trouble hitting enemies despite the good accuracy because of how the recoil works, or something like that.

It's very powerful and the most accurate shotgun out there. The only downside is its weight and that some people have trouble hitting enemies despite the good accuracy because of how the recoil works, or something like that.

I should probably give it another chance, maybe. Part of it's problem is that it shoots a single slug, making it the only shotgun that get's its damage dampened by the shield gate mechanic. If I could one shot mooks with it reliably I might like it better. As it is, the wraith is pretty damned accurate with a smart choke on, and it's actual applied damage is often a lot better. And it's super light.

Edit: just looked at the stats, and even without the gating issues, the crusader's damage is actually pretty lackluster as shotguns go. The bigger clip and rate of fire somewhat makes up for it, but I don't know...

DY_nasty

I just finished the Avenger challenge.... NEVER AGAIN
I should probably give it another chance, maybe. Part of it's problem is that it shoots a single slug, making it the only shotgun that get's its damage dampened by the shield gate mechanic. If I could one shot mooks with it reliably I might like it better. As it is, the wraith is pretty damned accurate with a smart choke on, and it's actual applied damage is often a lot better. And it's super light.

Edit: just looked at the stats, and even without the gating issues, the crusader's damage is actually pretty lackluster as shotguns go. The bigger clip and rate of fire somewhat makes up for it, but I don't know...

Most shotguns fire a spread and that allows you to not get the most out of headshots or other crazy shit. I've got my Crusader at V and the weight, although still a concern, is negated for classes that use grenades to a degree (I use it mostly with the Asari Vanguard) but headshots with it are absolutely ridiculous between the Warp Ammo bonus and other weapons passives.

It's definitely not for everyone though. First time I used it, I hated it but with the recent damage buffs and weight scaling its been hard not to use.

An-Det

Hurricane 5 in my Commendation Pack. I'll take either Hurricanes or Valiants at this point. I did the challenge with the Drell Infiltrator with his Valiant 6, so much fun. Still not sure of the best places to put the recon mine, but getting better at it.

I just finished the Avenger challenge.... NEVER AGAIN

Most shotguns fire a spread and that allows you to not get the most out of headshots or other crazy shit. I've got my Crusader at V and the weight, although still a concern, is negated for classes that use grenades to a degree (I use it mostly with the Asari Vanguard) but headshots with it are absolutely ridiculous between the Warp Ammo bonus and other weapons passives.

It's definitely not for everyone though. First time I used it, I hated it but with the recent damage buffs and weight scaling its been hard not to use.

Yeah, the spread of pellets on other shotguns has it's upsides though; can the crusader reliably one-shot shielded troopers given the right ammo/gear etc? I suppose I could just test it myself, but hell, since we're on the subject anyway...

DY_nasty

Yeah, the spread of pellets on other shotguns has it's upsides though; can the crusader reliably one-shot shielded troopers given the right ammo/gear etc? I suppose I could just test it myself, but hell, since we're on the subject anyway...

When given the right gear, yes.

Its not stand alone like the Claymore at all.

So the rocket launcher glitch is back

Never really gone :(

RE: Crusader. My fears about shooting down Marauders in a single hit were unfounded it seems, as without the headshot it won't even take out a cannibal. Yeah, not the gun for me. I'll give it one more shot on an infiltrator maybe?

Sai

They couldn't switch up the Drell Infiltrator's heavy melee with something else? Feels weird having that single biotic attack in his arsenal.

Sorry, stuff like that bugs me. I'm weird.

DY_nasty

Never really gone :(

RE: Crusader. My fears about shooting down Marauders in a single hit were unfounded it seems, as without the headshot it won't even take out a cannibal. Yeah, not the gun for me. I'll give it one more shot on an infiltrator maybe?

At level I it sucks. I wouldn't even touch it until 3

Also, Marauders are the toughest thing short of a Collector Captain.

They couldn't switch up the Drell Infiltrator's heavy melee with something else? Feels weird having that single biotic attack in his arsenal.

Sorry, stuff like that bugs me. I'm weird.

Nah, I'm with you, they could had made the effect orange at least. It just shows how haphazardly these kits were thrown together. That oversight pales in comparison to the human voices coming out of Batarians though :(

At level I it sucks. I wouldn't even touch it until 3

Also, Marauders are the toughest thing short of a Collector Captain.

I have it at VII, but I was barely breaking Marauder Shields (lolol) with phasic rounds on... I don't know. It did perform somewhat better on an infiltrator, but an 80% damage boost will do that for any gun.

Do you by chance play on PC? Headshots are easier to come by with a mouse. I'm admittedly not great at pulling them off, in particular with that gun. Even when I did land them I was falling short of the kill, and headshot+bodyshot is just a harder to land version of bodyshot+bodyshot. I just can't really think of a reason to use it instead of a claymore. Even if half the pellets miss on a headshot with the claymore, it's still overkilling anything short of a boss unit.

Edit: I'm going to try one more test, I'll run a solo to get some clean headshots, I'll try on cerberus.

Edit 2: Rolled with a Turian Soldier, couldn't quite pull of the 1hko on a nemesis, among (if not the absolute) weakest shielded units. Might have gotten her with a rail amp III, but that leaves anything tougher out of the question, and you can't beat those passives short of a Drell. Also, getting a headshot with that gun is a colossal pain, much faster to use the fast firing 4 round clip to get the job done. Or use a different gun.

Ha, I feel like I'm coming off like kind of a dick here, I'm not trying to I promise. Let me reframe with a question? How are you using it to get good results?

DY_nasty

You're good lol

Maybe its just not for you? I never have an issue with it. But then again, I've absolutely never used it for a weapon-centric class. Almost always the Asariguard. Prioritize targets, make your money on Phantoms and boss types, avoid every Geth lobby, Lift Grenade mobs of anything you can't finish in two shots. Keep moving and keep fights at mid range...

I've dominated with it. Never took it to a platinum match though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I like the Crusader on my N7 Devastator.

Eagle V.

The Collector weapons are now making sense to me.

Using the Collector Sniper Rifle X on a Geth Engineer is a pretty good mix. Overload to stun up close, turret to keep enemies at bay then burst fire the sniper rifle until the enemy melts.

You're good lol

Maybe its just not for you? I never have an issue with it. But then again, I've absolutely never used it for a weapon-centric class. Almost always the Asariguard. Prioritize targets, make your money on Phantoms and boss types, avoid every Geth lobby, Lift Grenade mobs of anything you can't finish in two shots. Keep moving and keep fights at mid range...

I've dominated with it. Never took it to a platinum match though.

Interesting, never saw it as a caster weapon at all, because of the weight. That charge cooldown has to be kind of a drag... although I have tried the claymore on the Drellguard to decent effect.

My thing is I really want to find ways to make use of these promo weapons, I've maxed everything else, so they're kind of the last mystery the game holds for me, so to speak.

I like the Crusader on my N7 Devastator.

I like the extra round you can get in the clip if you spec devestator mode for capacity (which I do for the PPR). It also works decent as a beat stick on the Krogan Sentinel since it doesn't need a smart choke, and adding 100 points of weight with the High Velocity Barrel and the Omni Blade doesn't effect him at all. Probably my favorite option for it so far, though I usually prefer the Reegar for reliable Phantom barbeques.

On a related note Krogan Sentinel is probably my favorite class in the game. My Prefferred build. http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...nhancer3/CyclonicModulator4/GrenadeCapacity5/ Weapons are to taste, but you want a shotty for the omni-blade, one that doesn't care about the smart choke preferably: GPS, Reegar, Crusader, Graal. Second weapon, either an AR (Typhoon/Harrier/PPR) or a sniper (Black Widow/Indra). This guy can handle anything. Nuke spawns with lift Grenades, melee any trooper level enemy, burn down bosses with the PPR (incendiary IV, you can let go of the trigger when an atlas is at Half armor and he's toast from the damage over time). Reegar makes Phantoms trivial, and if you do get caught flat footed, blow up your tech armor to stagger them and run for it. Usually works. Wouldn't call him the "best" character, but I always feel like a badass when I use him.

Edit 2: Uh oh now I'm in list mode. Favorite Kit for each class?

Adept: Drell every day.
Soldier: tough one. Close between Havoc/Destroyer/Geth Trooper, probably have to go Destroyer.
Engineer: Geth, so fun, so tanky (skip hunter mode). Quarian male is a close runner up. Incinerate+Arc Grenades in the order of your preference=tech/fire explosions everywhere, with a cooldown free power to prime/detonate.
Sentinel: Krogan, as mentioned.
Infiltrator: Too many good infiltrators. This class is busted. Salarian, Ghost, Quarian Male, Geth, and now Drell are all top tier characters. Might just be new shininess, but I have to go Drell. Love that Recon Mine.
Vanguard: Tough again. When I can get him to work right, the Slayer wins for pure sex appeal. Invisible anime slashing a Geth prime to death with impunity is just too badass. Really need to try him with a couple of volus groupies for endless phase disruptor spam. Krogaurd and Asari are also totall bosses. As is the Drell. I really like Drell.

DY_nasty

I'm not sure how I want to Respec my Asari Sentinel. A part of me REALLY wants to make that a melee class but I'm not sure how to do it yet. I'm thinking that its possibly to drop Warp altogether but I'm still on the fence.
Interesting, never saw it as a caster weapon at all, because of the weight. That charge cooldown has to be kind of a drag... although I have tried the claymore on the Drellguard to decent effect.

My thing is I really want to find ways to make use of these promo weapons, I've maxed everything else, so they're kind of the last mystery the game holds for me, so to speak.

Like I said before, it works better with kits that have a grenade slot. That way, you're not relying so much on recharge time. Vorcha, Krogan Soldier, Asariguard, etc. Its a great compliment to any set up ability. It's definitely a hybrid class.

I'm not sure how I want to Respec my Asari Sentinel. A part of me REALLY wants to make that a melee class but I'm not sure how to do it yet. I'm thinking that its possibly to drop Warp altogether but I'm still on the fence.

Like I said before, it works better with kits that have a grenade slot. That way, you're not relying so much on recharge time. Vorcha, Krogan Soldier, Asariguard, etc. Its a great compliment to any set up ability. It's definitely a hybrid class.

If you want a melee Asari you've got to roll with the Huntress, her cloak bonus for melee/powers is absurd. It's still kind of hard to do though, you definitely want to stock up on some cyclonics.

Mindlog

Krogan Sentinel is fantastic. Lately I've been coming around on the Krogan Soldier (6/6/6/5/3.) I use him almost the same as the Sentinel, but with more Fire Explosions.

I suck with the Havoc. For some reason I don't click with it.

Does anyone else sometimes have a hard time playing with the Volus because you can't decide whether or not to 'have fun'? I'm getting a good feel for the Volus Vanguard now. It's just a balance of when to charge, shield boost or cloak. Playing aggressively with the little butterball is fun. However, every time I play with a Slayer I'm almost obligated to stay at its side so we can spam Phase Disruptor.

I want to 4 Volguard Platinum.

WHats odd - i bought 3 x Arsenal packs - all characters and Level IV consumables.

Bought 1 x Spectre pack - Javelin III.

Shit makes ZERO sense at all.

Krogan Sentinel is fantastic. Lately I've been coming around on the Krogan Soldier (6/6/6/5/3.) I use him almost the same as the Sentinel, but with more Fire Explosions.

I suck with the Havoc. For some reason I don't click with it.

Does anyone else sometimes have a hard time playing with the Volus because you can't decide whether or not to 'have fun'? I'm getting a good feel for the Volus Vanguard now. It's just a balance of when to charge, shield boost or cloak. Playing aggressively with the little butterball is fun. However, every time I play with a Slayer I'm almost obligated to stay at its side so we can spam Phase Disruptor.

I want to 4 Volguard Platinum.

I enjoy the Krogan Soldier as well, I've used him without fortification, and gone full health on fitness instead. I should try to figure the math on what actually gives the optimal effective hit points. Avoiding the cooldown penalty is why I usually skip Fortification, slap a wraith on him and he can spam carnage pretty quickly, typically after tossing a grenade for the explosion of course.

The Havoc got hit pretty hard by the stim pack nerf, which of course did basically nothing to the ghost. I've used him both with Havoc Strike, in which instance he plays like a sort of proto-vanguard, without needing to charge to get his shields back, and a while back I ran him without Havoc Strike, basically running him as a heavy weapons platform with the occasional cryo blast for debuffs and reload canceling, as well as an "infinite" supply of ops packs. Both work pretty well, but he is definitely the relative runt of the litter next to the ghost. I kind of wish they would just bite the bullet and give him pre-nerf stims.

WHats odd - i bought 3 x Arsenal packs - all characters and Level IV consumables.

Bought 1 x Spectre pack - Javelin III.

Shit makes ZERO sense at all.

I'm willing to bet it all weighs out appropriately over a large enough sample size, but when it comes to individual packs, that's random for you.

Nori Chan

Ghost Turian Infiltrator with a Saber is now my favorite class to use. Oh my god with equipment it's just an awesome thing to roll with.

Sai

Ghost Turian Infiltrator with a Saber is now my favorite class to use.
:D Somebody else has seen the light~

I've got the Thermal Scope IV & High-Velocity Barrel V on it's Saber VI, usually got 'im equipped with Incendiary Ammo. If I'm not poppin' skulls through all kinds of cover, I'm detonating Fire Explosions with Overload... It's a beautiful thing.

Dany

Banned
I'm just wondering if I'm playing this wrong, I play as adpet almost always and never switch it up between classes and I still use my pistol w/ assult rifle or SMG?

does anyone use the acolyte anymore? nerfed AND u need to charge it now? it used to be my main for the adept classes and a sidearm for many of my other loadouts...now its been left by the roadside with all the other bioware nerfed weapons.

does anyone use the acolyte anymore? nerfed AND u need to charge it now? it used to be my main for the adept classes and a sidearm for many of my other loadouts...now its been left by the roadside with all the other bioware nerfed weapons.

They reversed the damage nerf when they added the charge mechanic back; and yes I still use it, it's still one of the best weapons in the game! You should give it another chance, you just have to get used to the cadence of using it with the charge mechanic. It can hold a charge indefinitely, so always have that first shot ready to go, and make use of the fact that you can fire while moving (just let go of the charge). Love it, love it, love it, so glad they changed it back. Now that being said, it is less of a no brainer on every character ever; when a weapon is that obvious on every kit all the time, that's not a good thing.

Nori Chan

:D Somebody else has seen the light~

I've got the Thermal Scope IV & High-Velocity Barrel V on it's Saber VI, usually got 'im equipped with Incendiary Ammo. If I'm not poppin' skulls through all kinds of cover, I'm detonating Fire Explosions with Overload... It's a beautiful thing.

BUT DY SAID IT WAS BAD

They reversed the damage nerf when they added the charge mechanic back; and yes I still use it, it's still one of the best weapons in the game! You should give it another chance, you just have to get used to the cadence of using it with the charge mechanic. It can hold a charge indefinitely, so always have that first shot ready to go, and make use of the fact that you can fire while moving (just let go of the charge). Love it, love it, love it, so glad they changed it back. Now that being said, it is less of a no brainer on every character ever; when a weapon is that obvious on every kit all the time, that's not a good thing.

Ah fair enough - thats a fair compromise if they put the damage back at what it was before.

Im still struggling to find a use for the scorpion at high level play (gold+). I love the gun but the delay in explosions mean people often die before my mines explode.

Its useless on atlases but i know its good for hitting a doorway or chokepoint full of low level people.

I dont know anyone who rocks JUST a scorpion however...I just dont think its useful enough to be a main gun for any class..

Ah fair enough - thats a fair compromise if they put the damage back at what it was before.

Im still struggling to find a use for the scorpion at high level play (gold+). I love the gun but the delay in explosions mean people often die before my mines explode.

Its useless on atlases but i know its good for hitting a doorway or chokepoint full of low level people.

I dont know anyone who rocks JUST a scorpion however...I just dont think its useful enough to be a main gun for any class..

I like it on the asari adept. Stasis bubble a spawn, lay down a full clip of scorpion rounds, spawn goes boom. That being said, Dragoons and bombers make that a weaker play than it used to be. In general though, yeah, it's definitely good to have something else as backup. It makes a pretty good sidearm for a Turian Soldier. Gives him a way to deal with phantoms, and marksman's rate of fire bonus lets you lay down a full (extended) clip of 7 shots lightning fast.

X-Frame

Every banner completed except N7 Mastery. 15 more promotions to go until I have the Mass Effect banner (which I won't use because it's hideous).

Now I get to finally use whatever class and weapon I want, haha.

Every banner completed except N7 Mastery. 15 more promotions to go until I have the Mass Effect banner (which I won't use because it's hideous).

Now I get to finally use whatever class and weapon I want, haha.

Haha right? Burned out on the game by getting banners, now I'm free to play the game again. Masochistic.

Top Bottom