• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The past three days I've gone back into Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with a couple friends, and I just discovered how much of a warrior the Turian Ghost Infiltrator with a Harrier is - the guy can just survive with the stim-packs, so I didn't even put a single point into Fitness, I ran 6/6/6/6/0 today, and was undefeated and was number 1 for all of the Gold matches I played all evening, with at least 105,000 XP, except for my last match where a Geth Infiltrator with a Piranha joined, but seeing as that's my main class, I expected that.

I've never revived or soloed a round so much as I have in one day like I did today, and as long as you run laps around the map hitting up ammo crates for the stim packs, you will never die. Incredible - and I had just unlocked him Friday, but waited till this afternoon to spec him and try him out.

Oh so good.

The past three days I've gone back into Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with a couple friends, and I just discovered how much of a warrior the Turian Ghost Infiltrator with a Harrier is - the guy can just survive with the stim-packs, so I didn't even put a single point into Fitness, I ran 6/6/6/6/0 today, and was undefeated and was number 1 for all of the Gold matches I played all evening, with at least 105,000 XP, except for my last match where a Geth Infiltrator with a Piranha joined, but seeing as that's my main class, I expected that.

I've never revived or soloed a round so much as I have in one day like I did today, and as long as you run laps around the map hitting up ammo crates for the stim packs, you will never die. Incredible - and I had just unlocked him Friday, but waited till this afternoon to spec him and try him out.

Oh so good.

I cant use him with the Harrier (on IV for me) - it just runs out of ammo too soon. The Typhoon for me is a much better fit. I have his fitness maxed as i put nothing into Overload but may change that.

Its a great class but i find it a little boring.

Haha right? Burned out on the game by getting banners, now I'm free to play the game again. Masochistic.

I just realised i dont do all those banner challenges - its like achievements to me. If i get them i get them but im not going out of my way to use weapons/characters i dont like.

The only major one im close to getting is Cerberus Mastery which is at 99% for me (Just need to kill some more guardians) but im not sure what banner that will give me.

Chocobro

So a few days ago while playing with my cousin to complete the weekend operation, I made someone (rage)quit...I was just spawn killing everything on London with the Turian Ghost + Mattock X. Should I feel bad? lol

Thanks to the reserve and arsenal packs, I maxed out all of my characters and rare weapons. How should I go about maxing out my rare gear? The last three packs showered me with level 4 ammo :(

Mindlog

Haha right? Burned out on the game by getting banners, now I'm free to play the game again. Masochistic.
I just have the grindiest™ of all banners to go. The last 4 Alien banners. I will not drop down to Bronze to get them!

I managed to put the N7 banner completely out of my mind. I will not be going for it or Best-of-the-Best. Would not be surprised if I got the Hardcore banner again before finishing the Alien banners.
So a few days ago while playing with my cousin to complete the weekend operation, I made someone (rage)quit...I was just spawn killing everything on London with the Turian Ghost + Mattock X. Should I feel bad? lol

Thanks to the reserve and arsenal packs, I maxed out all of my characters and rare weapons. How should I go about maxing out my rare gear? The last three packs showered me with level 4 ammo :(
That map is easy to run the score up on. Most people run up to the bridge. I prefer running to the opposite side where the ammo box is. From there you can hit just about every spawn and hey! Free ammo box.

Gear is ridiculously hard to get. While trying to get all my gear I almost maxxed my URs.

Chocobro

That map is easy to run the score up on. Most people run up to the bridge. I prefer running to the opposite side where the ammo box is. From there you can hit just about every spawn and hey! Free ammo box.

Gear is ridiculously hard to get. While trying to get all my gear I almost maxxed my URs.

I should probably make it clear that it was a bronze game. On bronze/silver I stay around the middle but on gold I do what you do. I never liked the bridge, things usually end badly when the team sets up shop there.

And ah I see...I was under the impression that gear was slightly harder if not just as easy as getting weapons.

I just have the grindiest™ of all banners to go. The last 4 Alien banners. I will not drop down to Bronze to get them!

I managed to put the N7 banner completely out of my mind. I will not be going for it or Best-of-the-Best. Would not be surprised if I got the Hardcore banner again before finishing the Alien banners.

I finished the N7 banner a couple weeks ago, I just did one 'round' of promotions a week when the new characters came out, saved about 500k credits before hand, so that I could max the new kit and get it's class to level 17 or so, ready to roll on gold, and then I'd just spam recruit packs until everything else was around level 15 or so. It was still a big pain, but it was probably the easiest way to grind that out. I just maxed council operative, and still have outsider, Monster, and Machinist to go, each with just one or two classes left to finish grinding. Then I'll be 'best of the best.' I'm not sure I'll even use the banner, because I just feel like pugs will expect a carry from me even more than they do now.

I just realised i dont do all those banner challenges - its like achievements to me. If i get them i get them but im not going out of my way to use weapons/characters i dont like.

The only major one im close to getting is Cerberus Mastery which is at 99% for me (Just need to kill some more guardians) but im not sure what banner that will give me.

For me it was sort of the sunk cost fallacy. Well I've already wasted this much time getting half way there, better keep trucking, and now I'm almost done, so, whatever.

I cant use him with the Harrier (on IV for me) - it just runs out of ammo too soon. The Typhoon for me is a much better fit. I have his fitness maxed as i put nothing into Overload but may change that.

I ran him with Harrier I when he was first released. I don't really feel like the difference between I and X for that gun is really that substantial. It just goes from beastly to more beastly. Assuming you use the capacity mod, it doesn't even get you another full reload. That thing does burn through ammo, but on the Ghost I'm always taking laps for Stim packs so I'm always on my way to an ammo box anyway. I recommend skipping fitness. When you get 1200 shield for free at will, as well as a cloak, there's not much point in my opinion. Having nothing to do but shoot (until you need shields) would probably make the class a bit more boring I'd think. That's if you use the harrier. If you use the PPR instead, you probably won't have many chances to use Overload, and will have more need to stand in place holding down the trigger for longer, so you might as well use fitness in that instance.

Been trying out the Quarian Female Engineer. The turret is pretty awesome: throw it at a spawn point while you shoot something else.

Any build suggestions? I think a flash-freeze combo build would be pretty strong, but that might mean compromising my turret strength. Glass cannon maybe?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Been trying out the Quarian Female Engineer. The turret is pretty awesome: throw it at a spawn point while you shoot something else.

Any build suggestions? I think a flash-freeze combo build would be pretty strong, but that might mean compromising my turret strength. Glass cannon maybe?

Ultimate glass cannon that has no way of dealing with shields. Now that explosions aren't a fatalityonly type deal and the incineration tree has been fixed, its a proficient class - with no answer for shields at all.

I'm not the biggest fan of the flamethrower, but the rockets are damned good and consistent if your turret placement is good. I don't recommend chokepoints either, in wide open maps you can get a good overlook and set up a turret there and just rain death for rounds at a time without having to worry about anything.

But you can't deal with shields.

So Phantoms and Geth in general will be a problem.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

I'm late, but as Oblivionmancer said, if you want to keep your Stim Packs full, you have to be running laps around the map hitting every ammo box regardless, so it's the perfect combination already. To me you constantly have to be moving, and a Harrier's deadliness lets me do that, and that plus running through groups of enemies while getting shot and getting back shields with the Stim Pack was anything but boring.

And how could I not mention being the most fun character and fastest to move around as? The jet-pack dodging is perfect for taking on Brutes and Banshees by back-dashing as they attack, side-dashing Banshee fireballs, and you immediately enter sprint after landing from jet-packing - hot is he NOT fun?

Oh and if you're still not happy with the death bringer Harrier, the Saber was like a sniper rifle with the Ghost when I used it as well.

Sai

BUT DY SAID IT WAS BAD
DY AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A LIE!

Oh and if you're still not happy with the death bringer Harrier, the Saber was like a sniper rifle with the Ghost when I used it as well.
This is part of the reason why I like it on the Ghost so much. Benefits from the AR buffs, and a scoped Saber still makes it feel kind of like a traditional Infiltrator.

I like that they recently buffed the Saber, but I still think it could use another. I don't want them to turn it into a Javelin, but it feels like there should still be a more apparent difference in the damage it dishes out compared to the Carnifex 'n Paladin.

DY_nasty

DY AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A LIE!

This is part of the reason why I like it on the Ghost so much. Benefits from the AR buffs, and a scoped Saber still makes it feel kind of like a traditional Infiltrator.

I like that they recently buffed the Saber, but I still think it could use another. I don't want them to turn it into a Javelin, but it feels like there should still be a more apparent difference in the damage it dishes out compared to the Carnifex 'n Paladin.

It should at least armor piercing by default

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yeah I agree, it should be better with how it looks, shoots and weighs, the first shot under Tactical Cloak feels like how it should be all the time. Something shooting that slow should pack more of a punch.

Sai

Maxed out all of my Gear last weekend. Only need one more unlock for the Sniper Rifle Thermal Scope, and I'll have my Weapon Mods maxed out too... Still need to unlock the Volus Mercenary 'n Vorcha Hunter... And I've got 4 appearance unlocks left for the Volus Protector, 3 for the Asari Huntress 'n Batarian Slasher, and 2 for the Drell Assassin.

I wish these Ultra Rare Weapons would drop more often. Seems like they're harder to come by during the weekends, which is the most convenient time for me to play enough to get a few Premium Spectre Packs.

It should at least armor piercing by default
Truth.

Still love it though!

After watching a few Voxtatron vids on youtube - i decided to give the Geth Trooper a go with his build.

0 on Hunter Mode - Absolute Tank build with 1650 shields. Using a 30% Shield Booster V and 150% Cylonic Modulator IV then using Hurricane III and an Acolyte X it worked pretty well. Hes tanky like the Destroyer but a lot quicker.

Flamer is great for stripping shields can be well used behind corners and through walls as well as setting up Fire Explosions. I tried to use the Typhoon with the build but at I its pointless.

Ideally...i want a PPR X with this but i dont even have one yet.

Mindlog

I like the Geth Trooper best with an Acolyte. The Flamer is doing most of the work and I spec it for armor damage. Then again I also like Hunter Mode. I got a lot of easy waves out of him with Hunter Mode/Acolyte on Platinum.

Unlocked the Monster banner. Will always be using that banner whenever I select a Volus kit. I've almost got my Volus Vanguard ready for easy u/u/p runs.

I like the Geth Trooper best with an Acolyte. The Flamer is doing most of the work and I spec it for armor damage. Then again I also like Hunter Mode. I got a lot of easy waves out of him with Hunter Mode/Acolyte on Platinum.

Unlocked the Monster banner. Will always be using that banner whenever I select a Volus kit. I've almost got my Volus Vanguard ready for easy u/u/p runs.
I canr get used to the acolyte with the charge as I never used it before. annoying since I liked it. guess it will take some time.

will try out the asari huntress next..saw a pretty good build for her online but it entirely skips the tree above fitness which looked a little odd but the guy knew what he was doing.

After watching a few Voxtatron vids on youtube - i decided to give the Geth Trooper a go with his build.

0 on Hunter Mode - Absolute Tank build with 1650 shields. Using a 30% Shield Booster V and 150% Cylonic Modulator IV then using Hurricane III and an Acolyte X it worked pretty well. Hes tanky like the Destroyer but a lot quicker.

Flamer is great for stripping shields can be well used behind corners and through walls as well as setting up Fire Explosions. I tried to use the Typhoon with the build but at I its pointless.

Ideally...i want a PPR X with this but i dont even have one yet.

Love the Trooper. My build: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...mp3/PowerAmplifierModule4/StrongholdPackage5/

He's "squishy" this way, but if you play him smart it shouldn't matter, as his capacity for causing infinite hell death is among the best. I use cryo ammo, if only because it's nice to have an excuse to use up some cryo ammo. Strip shields/stagger with the acolyte, burninate with flamer. The CSMG is there strictly as a backup, and I rarely end up pulling it out. Flamer is better and better the more targets you can catch in its range, you can easily trash entire spawns of trooper level enemies with one well placed acolyte shot and 2-3 seconds of flamer. And with the armor bonus, it rips apart bosses in short order as well.

I can see the appeal of skipping hunter mode, but to me what separates the Trooper from the Vorcha Sentinel is his ability to jack the damage of flamer up into the stratosphere. If you don't take advantage of it, you're probably better off using the Vorcha instead. Comparable Sentinel Build: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...lAmp3/PowerAmplifierModule4/GrenadeCapacity5/

Now I'm not sure the power damage bonus from bloodlust is showing here, so add another 30 damage (15% of base) and that gets it to 520 against non-armor defenses. Compare that to the 625 of the trooper, and that's a pretty substantial advantage. With Hunter Mode out of the equation the Trooper goes Down to 560 dps, which is still an improvement, but the gap is narrowed, and suddenly the ability to turn those bursts of flame into at will fire explosions with cluster grenades is a lot harder to give up. Those extra shields are nice, but vorcha Bloodlust is competitive with that in terms of overall resilience, if not sheer ability to tank. If you go all the way towards tankiness and use the cyclonic modulator, you get a very beefy tank indeed, but now your flamer is only hitting 460 dps, and you're actually falling behind the Sentinel.

It can still work well, I'm not arguing that, but I just feel like you're giving up on the greatest advantage a Trooper can take as a flamer user, the ability to overwhelm with highest possible dps, in order to play like more of a tank, while still running lightweight weapons to keep on casting. If nothing else, I'd run hunter mode and keep the cyclonic, which gives you 525 flamer dps (basically equal to the Vorcha Sentinel), and still leave you with almost 2500 shields.

I'd actually like to try a flamer-free build again, go all in on tanking while using hunter mode to ramp up my weapon damage/rate of fire/so on. This puts him dangerously into the territory of just being a Destroyer with no crowd control grenades with a wall hack. Not that that's entirely bad either, and you could sling a hunter mode enhanced Scorpion on him as a sidearm to fire fast volleys of crowd controlling 'grenades' in that way.

All in all the Trooper is a great character that just seems to tread close to other existing roles no matter how you run him. To me, the trick to getting the most out of him is figuring out how to differentiate him from his counterparts, how to make him do something better.

Stantron

^ I had my Trooper built like that for a while, and like you say, he's great with his damage output. But when I promoted the class I decided to try out the same build but with shield/barrier damage on flamer rank 6 just to try something different. Most teammates are built for armor damage, so this goes well for quickly stripping a banshee/atlus/phantom/etc.

I recently joined a lobby with said Trooper that was set to glacier/gold/collectors. The host was a Turian Saboteur. After waiting for a while we both said fuck it, and ready'ed up. We had to use most of our medigels and missiles but we made extraction. A third person joined after we had already finished the wave 10 objective. That was some great synergy. Moments like that make this MP a lot of fun to play.

Anyone have a good build for the N7 Paladin? I see three sexy skills and the detonations that go with them, and am leaning towards the Carnifex (VI) for the weapon.

Anyone have a good build for the N7 Paladin? I see three sexy skills and the detonations that go with them, and am leaning towards the Carnifex (VI) for the weapon.
I forego energy drain and go for the ice shield.

either cryo blast. light melee then waste atlases with the debuff effect or cryo then incinerate.

for weapons I use piranha x with melee knife thing.

energy drain is ok but id rather have the extra fitness and melee. his light melee is the best in the game.

the dude is just a fire/cryo explosion monster.

I went 6/6/6/5/3 on my Paladin.

Snap Freeze > Incinerate for organics or armor / Energy Drain for shielded or Geth > Cryo Explosions all the time.

Troopers, Cannibals, Marauders, Centurions, Bombers, etc. all explode into tiny ice chunks with only one explosion and maybe a few bullets.

For Primes/Atlas you can Snap Freeze > Energy Drain (Cryo Explosion) > Incinerate (Tech Burst [on you]) > Snap Freeze (Fire Explosion [on you]) > repeat.

I almost always come in first by a huge margin, like, the scores of the other 3 guys added together barely equal mine.

To chime in on the Paladin front, I skip incinerate and use fire shield to replace it. Fire shield is nice because it gives you a burning DOT effect that can polish off enemies the hit doesn't kill outright. I feel like you need energy drain to play at maximum aggressiveness, staying in melee range as much as possible smashing things to death. There's almost never a good reason to use heavy melee, the shield part of the shield is pretty underwhelming. Unless there's a specific heavy hit you're trying to absorb with it, it's practically guaranteed that you're more use to yourself and your team when you're out beating things to death with it instead. In particular, resist the urge to plop your shield down in front of someone doing a hack 4 objective, all you're accomplishing is drawing fire onto them.

Here's my build: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...hancer3/CyclonicModulator4/JuggernautShield5/

Against troopers, energy drain nukes shields/stuns, and a melee sends them flying/burns them to death. Against armor, melee then snap freeze for fire explosions (when melee range isn't feasible, pump wraith shots into them).

You could also use the disciple for the ultimate lightweight beat-stick, but then you're fully committed to not getting anything done with your weapon which is a risky choice.

The thing generally about being a melee class is that for it to work you need to go all in, hence the full fitness spend, the equiment, and the need for a shotgun omni blade. Great as the shield bash is, its damage is a bit low compared to some of the heavy melees out there and you do want to boost it wherever possible to grab the most possible kills.

Love that character though; it's been a long time since I've played him as I've been working my way through all the challenges, and the Earth DLC challenge was the first one I finished.

Since the changes to tech explosions he's one of the best characters in the game.

While I've moved away from Cryo Shield, a fun fact about it is that it's the one thing that can freeze a phantom solid.

Another valid option, which I'll likely try out when I play him next, is to skip out on the class passive. The carry weight can kind of a drag, but the power/weapon damage won't matter much, since most of your damage comes from melees and tech combos, neither of which are effected by the passive.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

I'd have to look again, but I started using him last week for the first time, and my build was either 6/6/6/0/6 or 6/6/6/4/4 - he is a monster, but in true BioWare fashion, some things don't work the way it's stated to work, which is why I always research all over the place before I start on a character I never used before.

Freeze Combo for Snap Freeze only combos with your Incinerate if you started the combo with Snap Freeze on shields, barriers and armor, doesn't work on health, which is a shame because the combo does CRAZY damage. Which brings me to the next skill tree flub-up, which is that the Snap Freeze Tech Combo evolution for the final choice is already in by mistake, so choosing Tech Combo 100% increase does nothing more, because you already got it, so choose Damage and Weakness and enjoy your extra combo damage for free.

And Energy Drain tech combo only works on things you can actually drain shields from, like shields, nothing else, so I'd skip the Tech Combo choice in Energy Drain since shields go away so quickly. I still keep it to get my shields up with extra damage reduction though, if I'm in a jam.

And oh yeah, Fire Explosions occur on YOUR character instead of the enemy, which is just silly and needs to be fixed pronto, which is why I usually start with Snap Freeze to end with a Cryo Explosion.

Abuse the Snap Freeze - Incinerate combo, especially using Snap Freeze through walls and you'll be exploding things with crazy damage and sitting pretty in first on Gold all day.

Typically, the golden rule for any character that you will use for explosions, you just skip the last two choices of the fourth tree (with power damage, weapon damage, etc.) or skip it altogether with zero points because power damage does not affect biotic explosions, and you won't be using their guns. The fourth choice is usually to reduce weapon weight, if the gun you use is more than 170% without it, you can put a point in that if you want.

lol we gave the poor guy 4 different builds haha.

really tho..I just dont use energy drain at all. its great for stuns but so is snap freeze. I really like having my max fitness though. .

what do you guys mean about fire explosions occuring "on you" as opposed to the enemy? does that mean you get damaged or what?

lol we gave the poor guy 4 different builds haha.

really tho..I just dont use energy drain at all. its great for stuns but so is snap freeze. I really like having my max fitness though. .

what do you guys mean about fire explosions occuring "on you" as opposed to the enemy? does that mean you get damaged or what?

The bug is actually with snap freeze. When you detonate an explosion with snap freeze the explosion centers on you instead of the target. If you're detonating an explosion you primed with fire shield that doesn't much matter since you're likely to be in range anyway, but with anything else chances are you're missing with the explosion.

I've never tried him without energy drain, it just seems like having a heal, and a defense bonus if you're hosting (what an obnoxious bug that is) is necessary to using him at close range successfully. He doesn't have that much in the way of shields compared to Krogans and Batarians.

DY_nasty

Energy Drain is great when it works.

:|

Also, not enough people show love to the Paladin's melee abilities. Because of the speed and force (and obviously the defensive/burst setup perks), its viable through Platinum.

Sai

For the Paladin, I've got 6 on everything but Incinerate(3), and Class(5), if I remember correctly.

Fitness tree's centered around melee damage, went for the Fire Shield. Got 'im equipped with an N7 Eagle + Stunner Mod, and the Juggernaut Shield Gear. He's nigh-invincible against the Geth.

Energy Drain is great when it works.

:|

Also, not enough people show love to the Paladin's melee abilities. Because of the speed and force (and obviously the defensive/burst setup perks), its viable through Platinum.

Though you could say this of any character to any extent, the Paladin is probably one of the clearest examples of a skillpoint-starved class, he doesn't really have a good 'dump' skill, as all of his abilities synergize pretty well with one another. I think people 'read' him as a caster and don't bother with melee, when smashing things to death with his shield is what makes him cool!

X-Frame

Another Paladin bug is that the armor weakening on the Cryo Shield does not work.

I'd love the Paladin but I can't use him with all his bugs. They fixed a few but there are still a few left.

DY_nasty

Though you could say this of any character to any extent, the Paladin is probably one of the clearest examples of a skillpoint-starved class, he doesn't really have a good 'dump' skill, as all of his abilities synergize pretty well with one another. I think people 'read' him as a caster and don't bother with melee, when smashing things to death with his shield is what makes him cool!

Both shields are great too. Hell, with the Cryo Shield you basically have a grenade launcher. Melee a guy to send him flying in whatever direction you want, the cryo effect freezes him and sets him up for an explosion, then you or whoever is standing around and ready can trigger the explosion when the mob approaches. Just good fun all around.

And the class absolutely destroys Phantoms.

Another Paladin bug is that the armor weakening on the Cryo Shield does not work.

I'd love the Paladin but I can't use him with all his bugs. They fixed a few but there are still a few left.

Are you sure about that?

Man thats CRAZY they havent fixed all these bugs yet!

i think im going to go 6/6/6/0/6/ next time with Cryo Shield.

Both shields are great too. Hell, with the Cryo Shield you basically have a grenade launcher. Melee a guy to send him flying in whatever direction you want, the cryo effect freezes him and sets him up for an explosion, then you or whoever is standing around and ready can trigger the explosion when the mob approaches. Just good fun all around.

And the class absolutely destroys Phantoms.

Yeah, and he does it right up in their faces! It's poetic.

Mindlog

For the Paladin, I've got 6 on everything but Incinerate(3), and Class(5), if I remember correctly.

Fitness tree's centered around melee damage, went for the Fire Shield. Got 'im equipped with an N7 Eagle + Stunner Mod, and the Juggernaut Shield Gear. He's nigh-invincible against the Geth.
That's what I'm using except I normally go Piranha/Omni Blade. Melee/explode everything. It's one of the classes I'm really looking forward to playing again someday. Great class.

I'm betting the next MP DLC hits in Feb or March. I have credits piling up, but I wonder if some players hit 100m before then.

X-Frame

That's what I'm using except I normally go Piranha/Omni Blade. Melee/explode everything. It's one of the classes I'm really looking forward to playing again someday. Great class.

I'm betting the next MP DLC hits in Feb or March. I have credits piling up, but I wonder if some players hit 100m before then.

I want to save, but I also want to unlock more UR's, but I know if I go down that road I'm going to get frustrated as I don't want to put in another 200-300 hours just to max my manifest. Decisions decisions ..

I want to save, but I also want to unlock more UR's, but I know if I go down that road I'm going to get frustrated as I don't want to put in another 200-300 hours just to max my manifest. Decisions decisions ..

I maxed my manifest, but I'm still always hurting for high level consumables, so I don't really think much about saving credits. Once things are maxed out it becomes trivial to get all the new stuff from an expansion upgraded anyway. I'll probably save up a mil or so when they actually announce another expansion.

First match - 69k, not bad.
2nd Match, 115k.

Shit was unfair, frost and chunks of metal everywhere along with flying bodies.

Also, just got grenade capacity V. My Turian and Demolisher are happier, although I don't always play the latter because people quit because infinite grenades.

X-Frame

Batarian Slasher Adept is my new favorite class against the Reapers/Collectors. Max everything but Lash, run around with a Claymore (Choke+High Velocity Barrel) and find a big armored enemy, lob a Warp, shoot claymore shot, then follow up with cluster grenades to their body. The total amount of damage is insane, especially with Incendiary Ammo or Warp Ammo.

I could do the same with the Drell Adept and probably have it be more effective because of his increased weapon damage too but he'll be a lot more squishy than a Batarian with about 4x the overall HP.

Jinaar

Since there was a deal on ME3 on Origin (PC), I dipped in and just for the MP. This was something I've been wanting to play due to this thread for some time now.

When I got home on the 25th that night and jumped in, I would not be expecting to say I have put in 30+hrs of game time in since... but I have. I think I have 4 character types at level 20, Vanguard is level 17. Unlocked a few fun races and got some good guns (Best I believe I have is a Claymore). Mostly completed Bronze, a few Silver wins and 3 Gold wins, due to 3 amazing PUG Team Mates that kept reviving my sorry ass.

I almost made a huge boo boo because I didn't realize you had to download the free DLC separately, unlike BF3 Premium on Origin, so for the first 12hrs I was playing Vanilla.

Now the game is all about going to the comic shop and getting my Magic the Gathering booster packs to get rares. Memories........

Any suggestions for quick credits or just tips. I'm trying to spend money on Jumbo Packs to get equipment to use during the missions, like Warp Ammo and the like. Bronze nets you 17K in about 15Mins on average. Silver is 34K (right?) in 20Mins usually. Gold is over 60K in 30Mins. Bronze is still the most efficient and easiest to do I guess.

Favorite classes so far is Geth Infiltrator, Drell Adept and Vorcha Sentinel.

I will say this has been an exceptionally enjoyable experience. They did a lot of great things right here.

DY_nasty

Yeah, go ahead and go for Gold. Honestly, I think its easier than Silver most of the time because Gold will slap you right in the mouth for being stupid whereas a game can really get away from in Silver since its so easy to do bullshit and get away with it.

Jinaar

I can agree with these statements. Silver usually ends up with everyone dead on Wave 9/10 as people (including myself) try to go forth and conquer by themselves without support. Sounds fair. I will give Gold more of an opportunity.

Top Bottom