• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Sai

Apparently there's going to be a new mode/objective as well?

My Shepard could totally use those Sniper/Shotty/AR ULM. Hope those make it to single player as too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Today's Mass Effect 3 1.05 patch has been datamined. Most of the isngle player DLC weapons, along with ultra light materials for assault rifles, sniper rifles, and shotguns appear to be on the way for multiplayer.

If it's from the same guy i saw, he also said :

Okaaay, so I think I've confirmed the co-op mode. That's in there, at least it seems like it - we're looking at a multiplayer game mode that pulls your paragon/renagade values, reputation points and updates your plot progress from the single player campaign

I have no idea what that means though.

Mindlog

Today's Mass Effect 3 1.05 patch has been datamined. Most of the isngle player DLC weapons, along with ultra light materials for assault rifles, sniper rifles, and shotguns appear to be on the way for multiplayer.
Welp, definitely happy I started building up my stacks. I think I average around 1m/5hr on pubs while also buying JEPs. That means only 5 more hours before the DLC drops. I can do that during the weekend ops :D
Solo or public match? I've found that it's harder to do on bronze because your teammates end up killing one or two clustered enemies before the explosion (lift grenade or rocket) kills them all off.
If you solo bronze Glacier just stand by the LZ and let the enemies come to you. It's possible to get it by Wave 3. Drell Infiltrator with damage recon mine makes it super easy.

I'm going to crank it out on Gold/Glacier or White. Super easy.

ps I need your Hurricane X Bis. My Turian Soldier with Hurricane VII is crazy. Makes the Harrier X and Typhoon X look pointless.
If it's from the same guy i saw, he also said :
I have no idea what that means though.
Speak of the Devil. Wow, more multiplayer modes. Insanity. I'm going to throw another point card my helpers' way.

X-Frame

I don't understand why all of the SP DLC weapons aren't coming. I want the Executioner Pistol damnit! My hand-held Claymore!

X-Frame

We need a lot more information on that. That seems to be the most surprising and interesting out of the leaks so far. I can't wait for the official announcement.

Subitai

more power usage w/ heavy wpns or carry more weapons? :D

Sai

Uh, just got a Turian Saboteur card when I already had all of my characters maxed out. Did the patch screw that up? That'd suck.

On the plus side: Got a Paladin IV from the same PSP.

Fruitster

Uh, just got a Turian Saboteur card when I already had all of my characters maxed out. Did the patch screw that up? That'd suck.

On the plus side: Got a Paladin IV from the same PSP.

The patch did screw things up a bit in reguards to the Turian Engineer and Quarian Soldier apparently. Even if maxed, you can now get the cards for both characters again. Only two times though and then you'll stop getting them supposedly. Probably best to hold onto those creds until it's sorted. Also something about the charge mechanic for the Acolyte pistol was mentioned as being different.

The patch did screw things up a bit in reguards to the Turian Engineer and Quarian Soldier apparently. Even if maxed, you can now get the cards for both characters again. Only two times though and then you'll stop getting them supposedly. Probably best to hold onto those creds until it's sorted. Also something about the charge mechanic for the Acolyte pistol was mentioned as being different.

Acolyte was accidentally reverted to its no-charge form; should be fixed within a few hours.

Bisnic

A Bioware member posted in that DLC leak thread on BSN, but didn't deny anything, just warned people about quote pyramids. :lol

I guess the lack of deny is basically a confirmation? I mean, i'm pretty sure Bioware denied a few false leaks in the past on BSN.

Ive purchased in a row: 15 x Arsenal packs. 5 x PSPs - all ive gotten is level IV consumables.

I used to get 1 x UR weapon every 10 x PSPs and 1 x UR every 5 x Arsenal packs...

this is pretty shitty TBH for those of us who have maxed everything except for URs

Fruitster

Ive purchased in a row: 15 x Arsenal packs. 5 x PSPs - all ive gotten is level IV consumables.

I used to get 1 x UR weapon every 10 x PSPs and 1 x UR every 5 x Arsenal packs...

this is pretty shitty TBH for those of us who have maxed everything except for URs

Yeah it's pretty rotten isn't it? I'm in that same situation myself, looking for those ultra rares in a sea of shitty level 4 ammo. I have more luck with reinforcement packs (if that's what they're called, I forget) over the arsenal packs myself. Probably just luck of the draw, but I get far more UR drops in reinforcement packs. Arsenal packs never give me anything good.

nel e nel

Bit more info on the DLC data mining from the recent patch:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-01-mass-effect-3-reckoning-dlc-leaked-in-new-patch-data

"The day of reckoning is nigh!" the description read. "The Reckoning Multiplayer Expansion brings six new never before seen co-op story missions to the game and new co-op gameplay modes. It provides four new maps to conquer and hazard variations of the Earth maps.

"It also enables reinforcement packs that offer new kits for the salarians, krogans, humans and volus. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons (Chakram Launcher, Blood Pack Punisher and Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle)."

Bisnic

Hopefully it will still be free DLC, even if it has co-op story missions. Although i bet i will still pay for it even if it's 10$. :p

Bisnic

Yeah, the author speculates that it may be something along the lines of replaying certain SP missions with your friends.

Wonder what they will do when it comes to dialogue moments. The player that doesn't control Shepard will just wait for the other player to select the options when they show up?

I dont care at all about co-op missions from the sp, but I love the sounds of new maps, classes, and weapons. I really hope it is free though.

Squad Goal: Earn the “Killstreak 3” squad medal. (As a squad, kill 5 enemies together 3 separate times.)

Did this randomly on the last wave without even trying on bronze. Everyone was just spamming their powers. Of course it was last night when I had time to play it and didn't count for anything. I'm sure this one will pass me by without having time to try for it again. I did finally unlock an uncommon assault rifle so I didn't have to keep using my M-8 Avenger VI. I unlocked the Phaeston I. I like it. I tried it out on my Turian Soldier. Can't decide if I like the Turian Soldier more or my Battlefield 3 Soldier. I really like Carnage but the Turian has so much more health and shields. Both are decent in their own right I suppose.

I bet its pretty funny reading about all my low level stuff. I wish I had started playing this when it was super popular and by now I'd have a bunch of good guns and characters. Oh well, better late than never.

Tried to do the killstreak last night on solo Bronze Glacier and I couldn't get the enemies to group up enough to nade.

Played a Silver London with pubs and I managed one killstreak with a grenade (it was Reaper). Also couldn't get over how bloody easy it was even though I was using an Asari Vanguard with a Phalanx and no weapon mods.

I also used an Asari Vangaurd yesterday to practice and I got a 2X killstreak on bronze Giant with lift nades. Just wait for a bunch of enemies and try to lure them to you and chuck like 4 nades real quick.

Chocobro

Got the operation done in the first three waves of Glacier Reaper Bronze with the Drell Assassin. I was fortunate enough to have five cannibals in one spawn on wave 1&2, and four cannibals and a marauder (shot the him a few times to make sure he dies from RM) on wave 3.

Eagle VIII :(

Snuck in a few games at lunch. Our team got the first medal early on, so at the very end I was waiting for them to come out the doorway as they spawn, hit them with my rocket.....nothing. I was like WTF, loaded it up again in hopes to at least get one medal, and nothing again. Enemies just walked right through them. So yea, that was fun.

Snuck in a few games at lunch. Our team got the first medal early on, so at the very end I was waiting for them to come out the doorway as they spawn, hit them with my rocket.....nothing. I was like WTF, loaded it up again in hopes to at least get one medal, and nothing again. Enemies just walked right through them. So yea, that was fun.

The killstreak medal is very exact. Like all 5 enemies have to die exactly at the same time. It's possible that you didn't actually kill 5 enemies, which happens a lot. Sometimes I expect to get the killstreak, but end up only killing 4 enemies at a spawn point.

The killstreak medal is very exact. Like all 5 enemies have to die exactly at the same time. It's possible that you didn't actually kill 5 enemies, which happens a lot. Sometimes I expect to get the killstreak, but end up only killing 4 enemies at a spawn point.

I should have clarified, I didn't get ANY kills with it lol, let alone the medal.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Melchiah

The weekend mission was easy. Kroguard/Glacier/Geth/Bronze, I just ran towards the spawning point at the beginning of the later rounds, and used the rocket launcher. Once I had to wait a little while for them to gather close enough.

I've now almost maxed out all the uncommon weapons by buying only Veteran packs. Which is why I've managed to collect over 130 medi-gels, but I burn Ops Survival packs far more quickly. Still need to get some uncommon weapon mods and gear, before I can move to Spectre packs. BTW, which would be a better (=cheaper/quicker) option for getting rare equipment, the normal or the premium Spectre pack?

Only a few Geth Bombers to kill before I can finally have my first non-weekend related banner.

PSP's are always a better value than Spectre Packs.

Oh yeah, I think the patch screwed up stuff in singleplayer. When equipping your loadout, parts of the HUD are missing; and after Cerberus attacks the Citadel, it goes down to about 0.03fps when Kai Leng is talking to TIM and it will freeze if you don't mash square to skip through it.

P.S.
Eagle V

Sai

Crusader VIII...

Watch, this game's gonna start throwin' Valkyrie upgrades at me before I can get either the Hurricane or Crusader up to X. CONSPIRACY!!!

PSP's are always a better value than Spectre Packs.

Oh yeah, I think the patch screwed up stuff in singleplayer. When equipping your loadout, parts of the HUD are missing; and after Cerberus attacks the Citadel, it goes down to about 0.03fps when Kai Leng is talking to TIM and it will freeze if you don't mash square to skip through it.

P.S.
Eagle V

Necessary caveat: better value for rares specifically; if you want to build up equipment and consumables too, you're better off with Spectre packs.

Also, they're not even that much better for rares, you get 5 rares from Spectres for every 6 you get from PSPs.

Counterpoint to my own point: the stupid store spends like 15 seconds choking on every purchase you make, so buying fewer packs overall isn't all bad news.

I'm at Eagle/Valiant/Hurricane VII, Crusader VIII, and Valkyrie I. Haven't gotten a single Valkyrie from a Comm pack, got the one I have from that N7 day bonus pack.

Melchiah

I guess I'll try the cheaper Spectres at first, as I can get four of them for three Gold matches.

P.S. Eagle IX. This the third or fourth time in a row, and I never even use the weapon.

Sai

I really regret missing those first 'n third Commendation Packs. I might've had one of my promotional weapons at X by now... :(

I guess I'll try the cheaper Spectres at first, as I can get four of them for three Gold matches.

P.S. Eagle IX. This the third or fourth time in a row, and I never even use the weapon.
Try it out with the Turian Soldier's Marksman or a caster. It's not bad(anymore).

Top Bottom