• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there any reason to bring my galactic readiness to 100% if I have the extended cut?

I'm at the last mission and would like to finish, but would have to play several multiplayer missions if I want to max it out. Is it worth it?

If you have over 3100 effective military strength, the galactic readiness % is meaningless.

EekTheKat

My new setup for Platinum Runs on PS3 :

start lobby (I don't play Rio).

get 3 other players to join

filter/kick the rocket glitchers.

start match -

All I really need are 3 bodies to take up slots that may otherwise be taken by Rocket Glitchers. I can usually take 3 randoms at least up to wave 6 so long as they're willing to try and play for the objectives during money rounds.

If a person leaves and a glitcher joins, I pretty much just drop immediately.

its been a bioware glitch fest today. one match where no buttons would work for 3 rounds. heavy melee didnt cancel out.

another where I couldnt move or use powers so was stuck in the same spot from the start.

2 matches of lvl 4 consumables wasted ffs. this shit shouldnt be happening a year after release.

Mindlog

imgurd
jeCxOSS.jpg
BONUS
The last single player DLC is rumoured to take place on the Citadel.
The second pic looks like a Citadel.
The first pic doesn't look like the Citadel or a Single-Player enemy.

speculations.

If they added weapons like hammers and swords that would be awesome. Not the sword that the Shadow uses but a weapon that you could upgrade and add items to.

Dave1988

imgurd

BONUS

The last single player DLC is rumoured to take place on the Citadel.
The second pic looks like a Citadel.
The first pic doesn't look like the Citadel or a Single-Player enemy.

speculations.

The krogan in the background looks like Wrex. Could we be getting an epilogue DLC? :O

Bisnic

The first pic looks like a new Krogan class on the already released Thessia map, i recognize the background.

That melee weapon looks badass.

If the last SP DLC is supposed to be the citadel, I hope that the Hammer Krogan in the pic is for MP. If he's a playable character, maybe a new set of hammer-type attacks.

I really want a new enemy faction in MP though, but I don't think there are enough Krogan enemy types.

If the last SP DLC is supposed to be the citadel, I hope that the Hammer Krogan in the pic is for MP. If he's a playable character, maybe a new set of hammer-type attacks.

I really want a new enemy faction in MP though, but I don't think there are enough Krogan enemy types.

To me it reads as a new weapon that a Krogan happens to be wielding (hope so!)

In any case, my bigger hope is that these teases mean that an actual announcement is forthcoming.

X-Frame

A Krogan Engineer with a close-quarters combat power or weapon would be interesting. Most people in public matches do very poorly with CQC though.

Bisnic

bought 7 x arsenal packs. 7 lots of level iv consumables. kinda getting sick of the UR drop rates....

If they really have another DLC coming(and that Krogan on Thessia pic sure give that feeling), you should probably save your credits for that time. At least you will unlock new weapons, characters, mods and gear while trying to get UR to show.

X-Frame

I don't think there is any difference, especially without any BW confirmation, between PSP's and the new packs. I've had good luck recently with PSP's, getting 4-5 upgrades between the last 2 days of playing.

Also as far as playing on Platinum, I've done several "easy" Platinum matches playing on Giant and it was no harder than Gold. Even easier in some respects. Get a decent team with at least 2 heavy hitters and hold the extraction zone and it's not so bad. I like Reapers using my Drell Infiltrator with the Recon Mine painting everything or the Huntress so Dark Channel eats them all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 29, 2013
---------------------------------------------------------------------

N7 Valkyrie Assault Rifle
- Encumbrance changed from [1.75-1.25] to [1.5-1.25]
- Head shot damage multiplier increased from 2.5 to 3

Havoc Strike Power
- Base force increased from 600 to 650
- Rank 3 damage and force bonus increased from 20% to 25%
- Evolution 1 damage and force bonus increased from 30% to 35%
- Evolution 5 damage and force bonus increased from 50% to 55%

Scimitar Shotgun
- Encumbrance changed from [1.25-0.7] to [1.15-0.6]

Barrier Power
- Detonation blast damage increased from 350 to 500

Scimitar Shotgun becoming more of a caster shotgun, the Barrier detonation is interesting but I have never detonated any of those powers like Tech Armor in combat -- I probably should and this buff probably makes it viable. I just really want ME2's Tech Armor detonation back .. that was awesome and makes me want to play my ME2 Sentinel playthrough again.

The Havoc Strike buff is interesting, though I am not sure if I still will use him over a Vanguard, especially after the Stim Packs were nerfed.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/ is up and it is pretty useful.

I want math, but there's other places for that.

Going to finish some of these now, if I'm top 10% on PS3, I expect most here to be in the top 1-2% lol

It's been around for a couple months at the very least, really handy to check challenges on my laptop so I don't have to back out all the way to check on them, and they update as soon as the match is over too.

EekTheKat

So apparently the word is the patch tonight on PS3 will address rocket glitching and crashing - two of the bigger problems the game has been suffering from the last few months.

Tomorrow ought to be interesting though, but least if it works I can fire up more Plat lobbies again.

Also picked up a Black Widow X today, never thought I'd finally get there. Only 11 or 12 more UR's to go.

Evidence of impending DLC seems pretty compelling! I'm not sure if I think that's a good thing or not... was kind of finally moving on from this inexplicably addicting thing...

exYle

Evidence of impending DLC seems pretty compelling! I'm not sure if I think that's a good thing or not... was kind of finally moving on from this inexplicably addicting thing...

I would love for new DLC. I haven't had a good reason to get back on in a while. My roster isn't even complete anymore - I haven't gotten at least 4 of the new characters.

The RNG beckons

Yeah, I'm maxed out now, so I'll have to get back in at least long enough to max out whatever new stuff comes out. Luckily I've gotten a good amount of platinum practice, so it shouldn't take too long.

Oh god, they'll probably add new challenges too. I might have to skip out on that if so.

exYle

Yeah, I'm maxed out now, so I'll have to get back in at least long enough to max out whatever new stuff comes out. Luckily I've gotten a good amount of platinum practice, so it shouldn't take too long.

Oh god, they'll probably add new challenges too. I might have to skip out on that if so.

This still blows my mind

X-Frame

I want new DLC. I just don't want to want new DLC.

Haha, I know how you feel, but you have about double the time spent in the game as me. I took a bunch of months off since release. I am not playing until I max all UR's, but I am excited for new DLC, especially if they're bringing new weapons from SP in. I hope none of them are UR's, but it seems they will be doing that for at least one.

Since there has been no other games coming out that are "worthy" enough to steal my attention from this game I will keep playing until that happens, and it's still just as fun for me. Now that I've started playing Platinum it is a different experience.

Haha, I know how you feel, but you have about double the time spent in the game as me. I took a bunch of months off since release. I am not playing until I max all UR's, but I am excited for new DLC, especially if they're bringing new weapons from SP in. I hope none of them are UR's, but it seems they will be doing that for at least one.

Since there has been no other games coming out that are "worthy" enough to steal my attention from this game I will keep playing until that happens, and it's still just as fun for me. Now that I've started playing Platinum it is a different experience.

I have only tried platinum once and it was so crazy. The whole group I was with had used up all of our items by the time wave 3 started. It is weird that I can almost always extract now on gold with randoms but I cant get anywhere on platinum.

I have only tried platinum once and it was so crazy. The whole group I was with had used up all of our items by the time wave 3 started. It is weird that I can almost always extract now on gold with randoms but I cant get anywhere on platinum.

If you have a group that can keep a lid on it, it's really not much harder than gold. I think the big difference is, when a Platinum match goes bad, it goes really bad, really fast.

They have said no more sp DLC after citadel.

Yeah but that isn't technically announced yet :p

My understanding is that we're getting one more multi, and one more sp DLC (that being the assumed citadel dlc).

X-Frame

Apparently the new patch reverted the Acolyte back to no charge. I'm worried its going to get nerfed now. I hope not. A lot of stealth changes in the patch that weren't addressed. We should get a full list of what has changed today, I hope.

First I make sure that there is at least one other very heavy hitter on the team, someone that looks experienced and with high level weapons and gear and consumables. Since I'll come with the same that's at least 2 of us. Then I make sure the others are at least using smart loadouts and weapons and at least are trying with high consumables. I tend to bring classes that specialize in taking out bosses. The Huntress is my favorite so far. If 1 player looks even a little like a liability I VTK or leave and try another. Once a good group is found we all tend to stay together room after room and it goes quick to rack up serious credits and the games last just as long as Gold one.

Though I will say I've only played Platinum on Giant since FBW was remodeled. Giant is "easy" to hold various areas and to me I usually get downed from the random stray troop level enemies like a Centurion of Marauder, which aren't as common on Platinum but are on Gold. So it's a different strategy. I'm sure other maps can be the same, I just haven't tried yet. Running around like on Gold is much harder, so I feel it's best to bunker down in an area so the whole team can unload on bosses as they approach. Banshee's on Platinum melting in 5-10 seconds is common when everyone has high weapons and consumables and powers working together.

TL;DR ..

If you have a group that can keep a lid on it, it's really not much harder than gold. I think the big difference is, when a Platinum match goes bad, it goes really bad, really fast.

Exactly, haha.

Thanks for the tips X-Frame. I really want to get into playing plat matches so maybe I will try this weekend and see if I can find some good people.

Bisnic

Yeah but that isn't technically announced yet :p

My understanding is that we're getting one more multi, and one more sp DLC (that being the assumed citadel dlc).

Considering their teaser of the DLC shows a new area of the Citadel, i guess it's pretty much confirmed at this point.

DreamMessiah

Neo Member
I haven't been here for a while... man, I have not played this game for couple of months, maybe more... well just wanted to tell you about the new operation:

Operation: FIRESTORM (Feb 1st-3rd)

Event Description: The Reapers have changed their tactics in an effort to prevent us from whittling them down. As they conquer rural areas, their fighting groups are fewer but larger, making them more difficult to assail. Accordingly, we are hitting them in the cities to deliver as much damage as possible before evacuation.

Squad Goal: Earn the “Killstreak 3” squad medal. (As a squad, kill 5 enemies together 3 separate times.)

Reward: Commendation Pack

Bisnic

So... just use 3 missile launchers on groups of 5+ enemies and you got your pack, seems easy enough.

Damn I have done every weekend challenge since the last update but I have never seen a killstreak 3 in any game I have ever played. Would it be better to do this on gold since there are more enemies, or bronze since they die so much easier?

Damn I have done every weekend challenge since the last update but I have never seen a killstreak 3 in any game I have ever played. Would it be better to do this on gold since there are more enemies, or bronze since they die so much easier?

I barely see killstreaks in silver or bronze matches.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Today's Mass Effect 3 1.05 patch has been datamined. Most of the isngle player DLC weapons, along with ultra light materials for assault rifles, sniper rifles, and shotguns appear to be on the way for multiplayer.

Top Bottom