• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Tsukumo

Perhaps, I'll do that, but with some other class, as I don't really enjoy playing with that one.

I think he suggested TS because eagle's recoil is almost as bad as a level 1 hurricane's. Eagle is a wonderful gun on casters : the output is decent and the clip is pretty beefy. You can run around helding the trigger and either
1- getting kills with it
2- having your very own covering fire while your powers recharge, with the plus side that most enemies will usually try to evade its barrage of bullets with a roll or a sidestep giving ample time to recharge even the most cooldown-eater of powers.
3- give you the opportunity to get close and heavy melee. From a distance the gun is useless, but from mid to close range you can hit any target with the entire clip. As long as you won't try and get headshots with it :)

Melchiah

I think he suggested TS because eagle's recoil is almost as bad as a level 1 hurricane's. Eagle is a wonderful gun on casters : the output is decent and the clip is pretty beefy. You can run around helding the trigger and either
1- getting kills with it
2- having your very own covering fire while your powers recharge, with the plus side that most enemies will usually try to evade its barrage of bullets with a roll or a sidestep giving ample time to recharge even the most cooldown-eater of powers.
3- give you the opportunity to get close and heavy melee. From a distance the gun is useless, but from mid to close range you can hit any target with the entire clip. As long as you won't try and get headshots with it :)

I'm not familiar with the term caster, but it should be usable with other classes than soldiers, for example Asari Adept with Commando Package IV? I just got my Pistol Amp to level V, so I might as well try the weapon. =)

EDIT: BTW, I really dislike the game's tendency to give upgrades to equipment you rarily use, if at all, and withhold those that you use often.

Mindlog

Crusader VI.
It was the first promotional weapon I ever received. I'm sort of warming up to it again, but its uses are so limited compared to the rest of my arsenal.

X-Frame

Crusader I.

Damnit! I wanted that Hurricane VII. Oh well.

Glacier/Reapers/Bronze w/ Asari Vanguard spawn-nuking with Lift Grenades made this easy. :)

I couldnt get the weekend challenge at all. tried so many times and wasted so many missiles. the most we got was 2 kill streaks. I cbf with it anymore just to get another eagle.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I couldnt get the weekend challenge at all. tried so many times and wasted so many missiles. the most we got was 2 kill streaks. I cbf with it anymore just to get another eagle.

Try soloing Bronze on Glacier with a class that has grenades, shouldn't be too hard i think. Got my first 2 Killstreaks with Pull Grenades and my 3rd one with a missile. Just have to be quick to throw those grenades on freshly spawned groups and with such a small map, it's not too bad.

Mindlog

It's really easy to do on Glacier.
vHL3MuS.png
Normally players are at C,B and A. Run to rocket the basement (6.)

Another option with 4 people is to have Players at C, B/5 (doorway), 6 and another in the lab. This can stack the crap out of enemies at, Spawn 2. Glacier is just really easy to guess where the spawn will be before a wave starts. Even with new players messing up traditional locations I got the Gold.

*This map is old. It has the panic room and is missing a spawn location at the top of the back stairs (where A runs.) Also old ammo crates and cover.

Try soloing Bronze on Glacier with a class that has grenades, shouldn't be too hard i think. Got my first 2 Killstreaks with Pull Grenades and my 3rd one with a missile. Just have to be quick to throw those grenades on freshly spawned groups and with such a small map, it's not too bad.

That's how I did it. Made it super easy, and got 3 survival medals while I was at it.

Melchiah

It's really easy to do on Glacier.

Normally players are at C,B and A. Run to rocket the basement (6.)

Another option with 4 people is to have Players at C, B/5 (doorway), 6 and another in the lab. This can stack the crap out of enemies at, Spawn 2. Glacier is just really easy to guess where the spawn will be before a wave starts. Even with new players messing up traditional locations I got the Gold.

*This map is old. It has the panic room and is missing a spawn location at the top of the back stairs (where A runs.) Also old ammo crates and cover.

I did my kill streaks with a rocket launcher in point 4 (2x), and near point 2. The Kroguard made solo/Bronze easy as hell, I just stood there waiting for them to close on me. On one occasion I had to use a couple of Ops Survival packs, because I couldn't charge and replenish my shields, as that would have killed one of them.

EDIT: And it's better to save the rockets for the later rounds, as there'll be more enemies, and a better chance to get enough of them grouped together.

An-Det

Three gold games and still no go. I'm awful with spawn points too, which doesn't help. This is a squad goal, I wasn't expecting it to take this long.

It feels like killstreaks are really broken. It took me a few matches to finally get 3. I did bronze Glacier Cerbs. Asari Van, stand at the top of the landing pad so that the enemies spawn down in the basement and then run down once there are at least 5 enemies and chuck nades like crazy. I would kill more then 5 and yet 4 would pop up at once and then 2 more would pop up and it wouldnt give me a killstreak.

I unlocked the kroguard today and I played 2 platinum matches and extracted both times. That is such a crazy class. Just sucks that you get sync killed so easy on platinum when you use biotic charge. Those extra credits make such a big difference compared to gold and it really didnt take to much longer.

Melchiah

It feels like killstreaks are really broken. It took me a few matches to finally get 3. I did bronze Glacier Cerbs. Asari Van, stand at the top of the landing pad so that the enemies spawn down in the basement and then run down once there are at least 5 enemies and chuck nades like crazy. I would kill more then 5 and yet 4 would pop up at once and then 2 more would pop up and it wouldnt give me a killstreak.

I unlocked the kroguard today and I played 2 platinum matches and extracted both times. That is such a crazy class. Just sucks that you get sync killed so easy on platinum when you use biotic charge. Those extra credits make such a big difference compared to gold and it really didnt take to much longer.

I dunno if I got lucky, but it took me only one match, and I misfired a rocket only once.

Yeah, Kroguard is awesome. Works well on Gold, but is less effective against insta-kill enemies. Which is why I usually prefer to use him against the Geth. It's especially fun to play, if there's more than one of them in the team.

I haven't yet tried Platinum though, with any class. I might have to pop up the cherry some day.

X-Frame

Does damage from the N7 Shadow's Shadow Strike count towards the Melee Damage challenges?

No, I wish.

But her heavy melee is extremely powerful too. Heavy melee from cloak and you'll one-shot most troop-sized enemies.

Or you could go Batarian Brofist Vanguard w/ Falcon Punch, then Charge then Falcon Punch, repeat, very survivable too.

Sai

No, I wish.

But her heavy melee is extremely powerful too. Heavy melee from cloak and you'll one-shot most troop-sized enemies.

Or you could go Batarian Brofist Vanguard w/ Falcon Punch, then Charge then Falcon Punch, repeat, very survivable too.
Yeah, Batarian Vanguard got me pretty far. XD

I just finished it. The N7 Shadow got me the bulk of the points; can't believe I was survivin' through Glacier/Cerberus/Silver & Gold with just her Cloak 'n heavy melee.

[EDIT] - Just finished up Spectre Mastery, and snagged the banner. Need 30 more cover grabs to wrap up Combat Mastery. [N7HQ]

Also: Javelin IX~!! :D

and yet people ask for health regeneration for this guy. Unbelievable.
Maybe not the Kroguard, but the Soldier, Sentinel, and Adept could certainly benefit from it. They've got crazy melee damage 'n defense, but with their limited mobility I still feel like they need something to keep them up to par on Gold/Platinum.

An-Det

Bah, Valkyrie 2. Was hoping for Valiant 9 or Hurricane/Eagle upgrades. Is the Valkyrie decent?

Also totally skipping this week on pc. Took me long enough to get it on xbox, no chance in hell I have enough unlocked on the pc version for this.

Bah, Valkyrie 2. Was hoping for Valiant 9 or Hurricane/Eagle upgrades. Is the Valkyrie decent?

Also totally skipping this week on pc. Took me long enough to get it on xbox, no chance in hell I have enough unlocked on the pc version for this.

Valkyrie is damn good. I got it to IV this week and figured I'd give it a try. DAMN. Turian soldier was tearing through pretty much everything.

Day 1.

This has been the MP that's stuck with me the most this gen, kinda surprising; I didn't think anything was going to top pre 1.05 U2.

No, I wish.

N7 Sentinel and Kroguard for my Melee only runs.

Operation: NIGHTFALL (Feb 8th-10th)

Event Description: Our concentration on Reapers and Cerberus forces has allowed Reaper-controlled geth to flourish in pockets outside of the Perseus Veil. Our quarian-led and quarian-advised forces will be the key to terminating a geth offensive before it gains ground.

Individual Goal: Playing as any quarian kit, earn 50,000 points versus geth troopers.

Reward: Commendation Pack

I watched that video twice. It is amazing but it almost seems fake to me. I cant wrap my head around how quickly he takes out the phantoms with a Scorpion, or how he can take out a geth bomber with like 1 clip from a harrier. That video was amazing though, I cant believe how they force the spawns and then just nuke everything with a missile. I bet bioware does something to ruin this soon, having 32 missiles per match is crazy.

I watched that video twice. It is amazing but it almost seems fake to me. I cant wrap my head around how quickly he takes out the phantoms with a Scorpion, or how he can take out a geth bomber with like 1 clip from a harrier. That video was amazing though, I cant believe how they force the spawns and then just nuke everything with a missile. I bet bioware does something to ruin this soon, having 32 missiles per match is crazy.

I don't think it's fake, but it would be better if he showed us his character tree. Just by messing around with the class builder, it seems like he can deal over 1000 damage with the scorpion X when hunter mode and TC are activated.

I do agree with the missile count though. 32 is quite a lot.

I don't think it's fake, but it would be better if he showed us his character tree. Just by messing around with the class builder, it seems like he can deal over 1000 damage with the scorpion X when hunter mode and TC are activated.

Yeah I wish he had given us the details of his build. I have been playing platinum religiously lately and I cant find a build I really like. Krogaurd is good for objectives, but I always come in last in points by far and I get synch killed any time I try to charge a character that can grab. I tried demo, and it works great on rio if we do the box trick, but it is useless on any other map as far as I can tell.

Yeah I wish he had given us the details of his build. I have been playing platinum religiously lately and I cant find a build I really like. Krogaurd is good for objectives, but I always come in last in points by far and I get synch killed any time I try to charge a character that can grab. I tried demo, and it works great on rio if we do the box trick, but it is useless on any other map as far as I can tell.

It's hard to give good advice here, as most classes work fine on platinum if you equip and play them 'correctly;' so it's really a matter of personal preference and the style of play you are most successful with in general. The reality though is that platinum is really about dps and survivability at it's core, which makes infiltrators as a class the obvious choice. The ghost is probably the most user friendly, with top class dps and tanking ability, but really they all do pretty much similar things in terms of jacking up guns with cloak.

When I'm playing with a solid group, I love running with the drell adept. You'd think his lack of shields would be a problem, but really any decent hit on platinum is going to shield gate you unless you're specifically set up to tank, so it's not that big of a deal, and his ability to nuke crowds is superb. Another great kit to use is the Geth Engineer. If you spec him out of hunter mode, he suddenly becomes a pretty robust tank, and overload as always is great at popping off tech explosions everywhere. I run him with flamethrower turret and a detonation priming ammo power and get a lot done with a scorpion and a CSMG.

The demo should be good anywhere really, since she can provide her own grenades, but certainly Rio is the grenade user's paradise, even without cowering in that box. Her problem is her lack of flexibility, tank, and single target dps, which is critical on platinum with its emphasis on bosses. On the other hand, she does great against groups, and her pylon is a minor but useful hedge against the shortage of ammo on platinum maps.

I haven't gotten to play much lately, as the group I had been running platinum with has kind of moved on to other games. I'm hopeful that the (apparently) impending dlc announcement will get things active again.

An-Det

You can see it if you go to his profile in the N7 HQ page. Go to the Characters tab, then click on Infiltrater and then the Geth portrait and it'll show his current Geth Infiltrator build. You can then see his weapons, attachments, and equipments in the youtube video.

X-Frame

It's hard to give good advice here, as most classes work fine on platinum if you equip and play them 'correctly;' so it's really a matter of personal preference and the style of play you are most successful with in general. The reality though is that platinum is really about dps and survivability at it's core, which makes infiltrators as a class the obvious choice. The ghost is probably the most user friendly, with top class dps and tanking ability, but really they all do pretty much similar things in terms of jacking up guns with cloak.

When I'm playing with a solid group, I love running with the drell adept. You'd think his lack of shields would be a problem, but really any decent hit on platinum is going to shield gate you unless you're specifically set up to tank, so it's not that big of a deal, and his ability to nuke crowds is superb. Another great kit to use is the Geth Engineer. If you spec him out of hunter mode, he suddenly becomes a pretty robust tank, and overload as always is great at popping off tech explosions everywhere. I run him with flamethrower turret and a detonation priming ammo power and get a lot done with a scorpion and a CSMG.

The demo should be good anywhere really, since she can provide her own grenades, but certainly Rio is the grenade user's paradise, even without cowering in that box. Her problem is her lack of flexibility, tank, and single target dps, which is critical on platinum with its emphasis on bosses. On the other hand, she does great against groups, and her pylon is a minor but useful hedge against the shortage of ammo on platinum maps.

I haven't gotten to play much lately, as the group I had been running platinum with has kind of moved on to other games. I'm hopeful that the (apparently) impending dlc announcement will get things active again.

Great post!

That is also why I really love the Huntress on Platinum. Her single-target DPS is very high. Cast DC for 800-900 DPS vs. Armor ontop of the Warp Ammo doing 100%+ weapon damage to them. I use a Black Widow X and bosses melt very quickly, especially if you hit them with Warp first for the debuff.

Thanks for the tips. I tried a geth infiltrator for a few matches, but when I would zoom in with the javelin I would get swarmed. I just need to practice with that more I guess. I hate the javelins shooting delay. It throws me off every time.

Great post!

That is also why I really love the Huntress on Platinum. Her single-target DPS is very high. Cast DC for 800-900 DPS vs. Armor ontop of the Warp Ammo doing 100%+ weapon damage to them. I use a Black Widow X and bosses melt very quickly, especially if you hit them with Warp first for the debuff.

Yeah, warp ammo single handedly makes the Huntress competitive with the other infiltrators on weapon damage, so much so that if they had got her bonuses right instead of screwing them up, they likely would have needed to nerf either her or the warp ammo.

Thanks for the tips. I tried a geth infiltrator for a few matches, but when I would zoom in with the javelin I would get swarmed. I just need to practice with that more I guess. I hate the javelins shooting delay. It throws me off every time.

Well, don't think that 'infiltrator' means 'sniper.' Try a Claymore, Reegar, Harrier, or Hurricane on that GI and you might like your results better. Also, the GI is probably a tough place to start if you aren't well adjusted to platinum yet because of how fragile he is. If you want to play a similar game with a bail out button added in, give the Ghost a shot.

Melchiah

Another great kit to use is the Geth Engineer. If you spec him out of hunter mode, he suddenly becomes a pretty robust tank, and overload as always is great at popping off tech explosions everywhere. I run him with flamethrower turret and a detonation priming ammo power and get a lot done with a scorpion and a CSMG.

I use the same build, but usually with Geth Pulse Rifle (Geth weapon bonus) or Hurricane. It's the character I've enjoyed the most so far. I haven't any of the recently added characters though, as I haven't bought the more expensive equipment packs for a while.

BTW, did you spec his Overload for damage/chain overload, or chain overload/shield damage? I chose the former myself. And I specced his Networked AI for power damage, instead of weapon damage.

Well, don't think that 'infiltrator' means 'sniper.' Try a Claymore, Reegar, Harrier, or Hurricane on that GI and you might like your results better. Also, the GI is probably a tough place to start if you aren't well adjusted to platinum yet because of how fragile he is. If you want to play a similar game with a bail out button added in, give the Ghost a shot.

Thanks for the tips. If I ever get the ghost unlocked I will try it out. I have every class almost maxed out thanks to buying hundreds of reserve packs, but I am still missing 3 classes, and they are all infiltrators. The RNG is the bane of my existence.

Melchiah

Any recommendations for the male Quarian Engineer build? I haven't used the character in ages, and I think my build isn't perhaps the optimal one.

I use the same build, but usually with Geth Pulse Rifle (Geth weapon bonus) or Hurricane. It's the character I've enjoyed the most so far. I haven't any of the recently added characters though, as I haven't bought the more expensive equipment packs for a while.

I really enjoy him as well, he might be my favorite engineer, with the Quarian Male also in the running. The GPR is a decent gun for applying ammo powers, but on platinum I think it's an iffy choice with so many high-hp, armored enemies around. The hurricane is of course great, but really moves the characters engagement range a lot closer than I like. The CSMG is great because of its accuracy, and its multiplier against armor puts it pretty close to the hurricane damage wise against bosses. The scorpion is around to deal with phantoms and hunters, basically.

BTW, did you spec his Overload for damage/chain overload, or chain overload/shield damage? I chose the former myself. And I specced his Networked AI for power damage, instead of weapon damage.

IN the past I always went for damage/chain, because I was of the understanding that the shield damage bonus was additive rather than multiplicative*. I recently learned that that isn't the case, and have since switched to chain/shield. I always take neural shock, since it doubles all overload damage against organics.

*this has been discussed a bit on previous pages, but if you read that and found it a bit esoteric, here's what it means. Overload has a base bonus against shields of 300%. If the '100% damage bonus to shields' option was additive, as I had long believed, it would change the multiplier from 300% to 400%, which isn't that big of a deal, especially since skipping the first chain option at level 4 of the skill lets you take a universal 30% damage bonus instead. However, the bonus is actually multiplicative, which means the 300% shield bonus is doubled to 600% which is a substantial increase, making it (I would say) the better choice. Of course you could take both chain options, but I've never found that to be particularly useful.

Any recommendations for the male Quarian Engineer build? I haven't used the character in ages, and I think my build isn't perhaps the optimal one.

I run him something like this: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...Amp3/PowerEfficiencyModule4/GrenadeCapacity5/

Honestly I get pretty wishy-washy on tac scan, sometimes I spec out, sometimes I go all in, sometimes do this. I'm also a bit ambivalent about damage vs radius on rank 4 of incinerate, I just find that I rarely hit multiple targets with it even when I choose radius, but that still might not be the smarter choice.

All that said, I love the kit, and as mentioned it's between him and the Geth for my favorite engineer. His biggest point of appeal is his ability to create basically instant tech bursts by combining arc grenades and incinerate, since the grenades arent bound to a cooldown. He does an amazing job of handling groups of enemies. He is kind of outclassed by his infiltrator counterpart, but incinerate's ability to prime and detonate tech explosions so well does give him a niche of his own.

I pretty much use the CSMG+Acolyte (if the class has no shield stripping power) or Scorpion (if it does have a shield stripping power) on all of my casters. Having both guns at or near X is kind of critical to this working well, as the weight would be a bit much otherwise.

Thanks for the tips. If I ever get the ghost unlocked I will try it out. I have every class almost maxed out thanks to buying hundreds of reserve packs, but I am still missing 3 classes, and they are all infiltrators. The RNG is the bane of my existence.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've had that problem, easy to forget that not everybody has everything. If you just want some more buffer though, you could try the Quarian Male, he gets 1050 shields with a full fitness spec, or you could spec out of Hunter Mode on the GI and end up with over 1200. I'd advise against that though, as hunter mode is what makes that kit shine. If you have some cyclonic modulators, just toss those on to make up the difference on him; even a cyclonic 2 will more than make up the difference from hunter mode.

You can see it if you go to his profile in the N7 HQ page. Go to the Characters tab, then click on Infiltrater and then the Geth portrait and it'll show his current Geth Infiltrator build. You can then see his weapons, attachments, and equipments in the youtube video.

So I tried speccing the GI based on his build and loadout (http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...5AE5/Scorpion10BA5BK5///ArmoredCompartments5/), and his damage is pretty good with TC, hunter mode, and prox mine. What I'm curious about is his power recharge speed. The class builder is a little off sometimes, but even around 50-60% cooldown, his cloak would take close to 5 seconds to recharge. Watching the video again, it seems much faster than that. Is it because of Platinum's accelerated game speed?

Stantron

So I tried speccing the GI based on his build and loadout (http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...5AE5/Scorpion10BA5BK5///ArmoredCompartments5/), and his damage is pretty good with TC, hunter mode, and prox mine. What I'm curious about is his power recharge speed. The class builder is a little off sometimes, but even around 50-60% cooldown, his cloak would take close to 5 seconds to recharge. Watching the video again, it seems much faster than that. Is it because of Platinum's accelerated game speed?

Not sure how accurate the numbers are, but that's probably the cool down time if you keep tactical cloak on for its entire duration. On the other hand, if you cloak, then immediately fire off another power (i.e. proximity mine), the cool down is reduced considerably. Platinum doesn't change the speed of cool downs.

Melchiah

I really enjoy him as well, he might be my favorite engineer, with the Quarian Male also in the running. The GPR is a decent gun for applying ammo powers, but on platinum I think it's an iffy choice with so many high-hp, armored enemies around. The hurricane is of course great, but really moves the characters engagement range a lot closer than I like. The CSMG is great because of its accuracy, and its multiplier against armor puts it pretty close to the hurricane damage wise against bosses. The scorpion is around to deal with phantoms and hunters, basically.

Yeah, Hurricane is not that good for long distance shooting. I've got level 1 CSMG, so I might try that, although I don't really like that there's a chance of depleting the ammo, if you're not paying attention in the heat of the battle. Although equipping another weapon would erase that point.

I have tried Platinum only once, and it didn't go well, but on Gold the GPR works fine with ammo powers, and I love its rate of fire, big clips, and accuracy. I just wish I could finally get it upgraded from level VII to X. I'm often among the top two on Gold with Geth Engineer + GPR combo.

I still haven't got many of the weapons, including Scorpion and Harrier.

IN the past I always went for damage/chain, because I was of the understanding that the shield damage bonus was additive rather than multiplicative*. I recently learned that that isn't the case, and have since switched to chain/shield. I always take neural shock, since it doubles all overload damage against organics.

*this has been discussed a bit on previous pages, but if you read that and found it a bit esoteric, here's what it means. Overload has a base bonus against shields of 300%. If the '100% damage bonus to shields' option was additive, as I had long believed, it would change the multiplier from 300% to 400%, which isn't that big of a deal, especially since skipping the first chain option at level 4 of the skill lets you take a universal 30% damage bonus instead. However, the bonus is actually multiplicative, which means the 300% shield bonus is doubled to 600% which is a substantial increase, making it (I would say) the better choice. Of course you could take both chain options, but I've never found that to be particularly useful.

o_O I think I'll have to try speccing him for Shield Damage and see how it plays. Thanks for the tip. =) I'm looking forward to trying that tonight.

I've also chosen Neural Shock instead of Recharge Speed, as the latter makes such a little difference when you have only one light weapon equipped, like GPR. Although with that and Hurricane the recharge speed goes from 200% to 180% (IIRC), and that's somewhat noticeable ingame.

I run him something like this: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...Amp3/PowerEfficiencyModule4/GrenadeCapacity5/

Honestly I get pretty wishy-washy on tac scan, sometimes I spec out, sometimes I go all in, sometimes do this. I'm also a bit ambivalent about damage vs radius on rank 4 of incinerate, I just find that I rarely hit multiple targets with it even when I choose radius, but that still might not be the smarter choice.

All that said, I love the kit, and as mentioned it's between him and the Geth for my favorite engineer. His biggest point of appeal is his ability to create basically instant tech bursts by combining arc grenades and incinerate, since the grenades arent bound to a cooldown. He does an amazing job of handling groups of enemies. He is kind of outclassed by his infiltrator counterpart, but incinerate's ability to prime and detonate tech explosions so well does give him a niche of his own.

I pretty much use the CSMG+Acolyte (if the class has no shield stripping power) or Scorpion (if it does have a shield stripping power) on all of my casters. Having both guns at or near X is kind of critical to this working well, as the weight would be a bit much otherwise.

Oh, I had put only six points on Incinerate, and maxed Tactical Scan (which I always thought was a crucial skill), and my Arc Grenades were specced for Max Grenades instead of Bleed Damage. Otherwise the same. I might try that build tonight as well.

Any advice on a build with a tactical scan?

The one thing I dislike about grenades in general, is that you have to fetch more of them all the time, and sometimes the ammo boxes don't give any of them, or only one or two, eventhough you try all the boxes around the level. Dunno if that's a glitch or not.

I have my Disciple at IV, so that's a no-no then.

Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it.

Oh, I had put only six points on Incinerate, and maxed Tactical Scan (which I always thought was a crucial skill), and my Arc Grenades were specced for Max Grenades instead of Bleed Damage. Otherwise the same. I might try that build tonight as well.

Any advice on a build with a tactical scan?

The one thing I dislike about grenades in general, is that you have to fetch more of them all the time, and sometimes the ammo boxes don't give any of them, or only one or two, eventhough you try all the boxes around the level. Dunno if that's a glitch or not.

I have my Disciple at IV, so that's a no-no then.

Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it.

I play grenade users almost exclusively, so taking laps for grenades is second nature at this point. Just a matter of getting used to that. Ammo boxes spawn a set amount of grenades, usually 1 or 2, which is also in some cases modified by difficulty level. If you get less than expected or none, it probably just means somebody else nabbed then when they spawned in.

For Tac Scan on the Engineer, I'd just go 6/6/6/5/3, 5 in racial passive, 3 in fitness. You really want incinerate maxed, because combo damage is determined by skill level. If you are priming fire explosions and detonating tech bursts with a skill that's only at level 3, you are severely reducing the actual damage output of your tech explosions.

You can also throw a harrier on him if it's at a decent level. Since incinerate is the only cooldown you'll be consistently waiting on, having a mediocre recharge speed isn't a huge problem. With a harrier X he still ends up at 135%.

Tac Scan is really nice against bosses, but generally a waste of time against mooks, which is why I'm kind of eh about taking it. That being said, if you're playing on platinum, bosses are much more prevalent; at the same time, the extra shields that fitness can get you might be missed more in that scenario (it could be the difference between 1 or 2 hits to get shield gated). I'm still pretty unsure about what I think is the 'best' approach.

X-Frame

Valyrie IV.

I like challenges like this. Next one should be Turian's getting 50,000 points against Marauder's, or Krogan's with Brutes.

Top Bottom