• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Mindlog

Talon is also really rad on the QME. As far as Tactical Scan goes I would suggest only take it if you're comfortable with the reduced fitness. I normally go full Area Scan to spam it occasionally and for debuff, but it's not necessary.

ZNUfbET.jpg

:D
Two more Hurricanes left. I had to play 3 games and I concentrated on Troopers. On the plus side I'm way ahead of schedule on credits. Already at 14.7million. Might crank out some Platinum runs to finish it off and abuse my shiny new Hurricane. I've enjoyed the absurdity of standing next to snipers with a Turian Hurricane Soldier and keeping up along with getting the 20 headshot medal.

Melchiah

I play grenade users almost exclusively, so taking laps for grenades is second nature at this point. Just a matter of getting used to that. Ammo boxes spawn a set amount of grenades, usually 1 or 2, which is also in some cases modified by difficulty level. If you get less than expected or none, it probably just means somebody else nabbed then when they spawned in.

For Tac Scan on the Engineer, I'd just go 6/6/6/5/3, 5 in racial passive, 3 in fitness. You really want incinerate maxed, because combo damage is determined by skill level. If you are priming fire explosions and detonating tech bursts with a skill that's only at level 3, you are severely reducing the actual damage output of your tech explosions.

You can also throw a harrier on him if it's at a decent level. Since incinerate is the only cooldown you'll be consistently waiting on, having a mediocre recharge speed isn't a huge problem. With a harrier X he still ends up at 135%.

Tac Scan is really nice against bosses, but generally a waste of time against mooks, which is why I'm kind of eh about taking it. That being said, if you're playing on platinum, bosses are much more prevalent; at the same time, the extra shields that fitness can get you might be missed more in that scenario (it could be the difference between 1 or 2 hits to get shield gated). I'm still pretty unsure about what I think is the 'best' approach.

I tried the Quarian Male Engineer on Gold, and didn't really like him due to needing to fetch more grenades after two throws. Switched to Quarian Female Engineer (specced without Cryo Blast) on Silver, and it went far more smoothly, perhaps because I've gotten used to using turrets to guard my back, and slow the enemy. Finished the weekend mission with her on Bronze solo match, equipped with Raptor X. She's like a Geth Engineer, just less tanky.

After that had been accomplished I moved to Gold. Geth/Glacier proved out to be too much of a challenge with Geth Engineer once again, so I switched to Kroguard/Hurricane IV, and got a Gold match finished first time this evening. Only few more points for the Geth Mastery banner.

Hopefully I'll also get the Harrier finally, as I'm now concentrating on the 60k Spectre packs after maxing the uncommon weapons with Veteran packs. The four Spectre packs I bought already gave me the long sought after +1s for Medi-Gel and Cobra Missile Launcher, and an IV upgrade to Operative Package.

Sai

Eagle VI...

* Sai sighs.

Also, been buying PSPs in between matches for the past week, and I haven't gotten a single UR drop since that Javelin IX. :(

X-Frame

I think I am going to save up to at least 1 million credits and then I'll continue to buy PSP's from then. I figure with the inevitable DLC I'll want at least some credits so that I can get a head start when it drops.

I tried the Quarian Male Engineer on Gold, and didn't really like him due to needing to fetch more grenades after two throws.

Once you get the Grenade Capacity V mod for +5 grenades you won't need to be running back to ammo boxes nearly as much. I take the 40% additional electrical damage for Rank 5 of my Arc Grenades and I have a total of 7 grenades for my QME.

Melchiah

Once you get the Grenade Capacity V mod for +5 grenades you won't need to be running back to ammo boxes nearly as much. I take the 40% additional electrical damage for Rank 5 of my Arc Grenades and I have a total of 7 grenades for my QME.

That's true, but then I can't equip Operative Package IV, which gives +10% for sniper/tech power damage.

EDIT: Just met some of the most annoyingly immature players I've played with so far, namely KrazyKillaKram & Hug-of-War. Constant bickering over the headset, and not playing as a team. Revived one of them a couple of times, but neither of them even bothered to try reviving the fourth team member, which I did a handful of times. They also seemed to be pissed, that I used rockets during the last Gold wave, which I found odd, and kicked me out of the lobby after the match. Welcome to my block list. Topping that, there was a glitch during the match which at times prevented me from charging with the Kroguard (not the first time), and reloading the weapon during the 10th wave. Oh well, at least I got the Geth Mastery, and maxed out Medi-Gels with a PSP.

That's true, but then I can't equip Operative Package IV, which gives +10% for sniper/tech power damage.

You definitely want grenade capacity on any character with arc grenades. You can nuke stuff, or stun them to set up shots with your sniper or whatever other gun. Grenades, frankly, are probably the most powerful skills in the game, give yourself every opportunity to make maximum use of them when playing a class that uses them, except maybe stickies, they're not great for spamming.

Melchiah

If that glitch happens again, do a heavy melee and you should be good to go. For some odd reason that fixes it.

The reloading glitch might have gone away when I used a Thermal Clip, although I'm not entirely sure as I died just after using it.

You definitely want grenade capacity on any character with arc grenades. You can nuke stuff, or stun them to set up shots with your sniper or whatever other gun. Grenades, frankly, are probably the most powerful skills in the game, give yourself every opportunity to make maximum use of them when playing a class that uses them, except maybe stickies, they're not great for spamming.

Well, the Krogan Sentinel was an ok character, at least on Silver, so I might try that when I get my Grenade Capacity upgraded from level 1. Although I don't really like using classes which can't strafe/roll, excluding the Kroguard.

Mindlog

Almost topped 300K points in a full Gold pub >_<
Aside from the fact that it takes 20m to find a non-Rio match Platinum might be fun again. Cleared 15m much earlier than I expected. While trying to complete a Gold match I noticed a general increase in clear times and the opposite on Platinum. Over my last 5 matches the average Platinum PUG was faster then Gold. My score was also (thankfully) way lower on Platinum.

Ronabo

Anyone here on Xbox ever have glitchy garbled sound with just this game?

I started having that last night. After trying different headsets and cables and games I found out its just ME3 that does it during mulitiplayer gameplay.

Melchiah

I started having that last night. After trying different headsets and cables and games I found out its just ME3 that does it during mulitiplayer gameplay.

Same here sometimes, but with a PS3 and Sony's official headset (the earlier one). I dunno how it would be without the virtual surround sound. There was some odd sound artifacts on the SP campaign as well, but I haven't witnessed anything similar in any other games I've played with the headset on.

Mindlog

I do and it's a huge relief to hear... I'm not the only one.
It's particularly bad with the Drell Adept's biotic explosions. I honestly thought my hearing was going out at times, but it doesn't happen with any other media. Other people noticed it when I asked them to check my setup. The weird thing is it used to play perfectly fine.

I also use a headset with Dolby Headphone, but I checked and it similarly distorts on my TV/HT speakers.
*The FemShep BotB banner looks fantastic.

Ronabo

Hmm, I may have figured out the sound problem. When I first encountered the problem I was playing the Batarian Sentinel trying to get some waves on him. A bit ago I decided to change characters and setups.

First thing I noticed was no sound glitches. After the match was over I started a solo match with that Batarian Sent and as soon as I zoomed in with his sniper rifle it started the sound glitch.

I can make the glitch happen 100% of the time using a Bat Sent with a Raptor with either zoom mod and the high velocity barrel.

I tested my Salarian Inf. with a Widow and the same mods. NO sound glitches.

I'm not sure if this glitch only happens with the Batarian.

So anyone wanna test out my findings and see if they can reproduce it too?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hmm, I may have figured out the sound problem. When I first encountered the problem I was playing the Batarian Sentinel trying to get some waves on him. A bit ago I decided to change characters and setups.

First thing I noticed was no sound glitches. After the match was over I started a solo match with that Batarian Sent and as soon as I zoomed in with his sniper rifle it started the sound glitch.

I can make the glitch happen 100% of the time using a Bat Sent with a Raptor with either zoom mod and the high velocity barrel.

I tested my Salarian Inf. with a Widow and the same mods. NO sound glitches.

I'm not sure if this glitch only happens with the Batarian.

So anyone wanna test out my findings and see if they can reproduce it too?
I followed your instructions, Bat Sent with Raptor+scope/barrel mods and yup I'm getting garbled sound effects after zooming in with the rifle. It doesn't occur every time I zoom in and it doesn't last the whole match, but it does occur often enough that most of the match had the annoying effect. I'm on the PS3 version for what it's worth.

Mindlog

There could be something to that. I'm going to test a few things out.

I've tried a few other similar MP games, but I keep coming back to this one. In part because of the continuing series; What's old is new again part: 187. The N7 Slayer is pretty good. Haven't played it since the buff and wow. I'm also going to try dumping Stasis/Pull from those Vanguards to see which I like more. On a Vanguard kick again.

Looking for some good tactics or builds to do quick gold runs.

Any advice? Ain't played in SOOOO long

I now use the geth trooper exclusively. It is by far my favorite class. If you watch the start of this video he lays out the build. Main thing is you need an acolyte to strip barriers and shields, and then just flamer everything to death. I come in first every round on gold now and I never have to use missiles of medi-gels. If you have a decent shield booster you can take an insane amount of damage on gold before going down.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
YO

WHERE DAT DLC AT?

I think I saw some twitter from Chris last week that said he doubted we would get something this week, but maybe the next... although it's still TBA.

Not sure if he was talking about the multiplayer or singleplayer DLC though.

X-Frame

I think I saw some twitter from Chris last week that said he doubted we would get something this week, but maybe the next... although it's still TBA.

Not sure if he was talking about the multiplayer or singleplayer DLC though.

I would think the 1 year anniversary since ME3's release will be the day the DLC drops, but that's not for another 3 weeks I think, the first week of March.

EekTheKat

and nearly 1 year later, I just maxed out my manifest on PS3. Took entirely way too many hours to do it but it felt pretty good getting it done at last.

Now to just promote an additional 52 odd times or something like that to finish banners, then I can get back to the single player lol.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Next week then. Hopefully.

Today's balances.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Feb 12, 2013

Biotic Charge Power
- Evolution 5 chance of not causing a cooldown increased from 33% to 50%

Annihilation Field Power
- Evolution 5 damage bonus increased from 50% to 65%

Hydraulic Joints Gear
- Melee damage bonus increased from [5%-15%] to [10%-20%]

Collector Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [68.3-85.4] to [73.0-91.3]

Incisor Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [93.3-116.6] to [98.0-122.5]

X-Frame

Buffs all around! I want to put the new Hydraulic Joints on my Shadow and see how much more powerful her Shadow Strike and heavy melee are.

Mindlog

They buffed the Collector Sniper Rifle. Wow.
Step 1. Buy as many Veteran Packs as it takes to get a respec card.
Step 2. Asari Huntress.
Step 3. Self-Explanatory.

Mindlog

Kill everything.

Still working on the build, but for now I'm going with this. Cloak + Dark Channel does a very large amount of damage. Slap some Warp Ammo onto a Collector Rifle and I imagine boss units are going to go down incredibly quick. It's almost single target flamethrower damage at range.

Really just looking for a reason to finally complete my Commando Banner.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
There could be something to that. I'm going to test a few things out.

I've tried a few other similar MP games, but I keep coming back to this one. In part because of the continuing series; What's old is new again part: 187. The N7 Slayer is pretty good. Haven't played it since the buff and wow. I'm also going to try dumping Stasis/Pull from those Vanguards to see which I like more. On a Vanguard kick again.

I haven't even touched the N7 Slayer yet, I will soon, but just looking at your setup, why set Phase Disruptor to extra Armor damage when it gives the same increase against shields and barriers? I'd find that more beneficial to clean up the guys on foot with it rather than bosses, especially for Phantoms, Hunters, etc. But again, that's just looking at the setup and imagining how I'd run the Slayer.

Edit: Did some researching, and it seems to be an unanimous choice for Armor, made a Slayer a while ago and tried it out solo on Gold, and it worked out good with extra Armor damage so I guess I'll keep it like this and try in an actual match tomorrow.

Stantron

Kill everything.

Still working on the build, but for now I'm going with this. Cloak + Dark Channel does a very large amount of damage. Slap some Warp Ammo onto a Collector Rifle and I imagine boss units are going to go down incredibly quick. It's almost single target flamethrower damage at range.

Really just looking for a reason to finally complete my Commando Banner.

Oh ok. That makes sense. Although I don't think the Asari Huntress gets any weapon damage buff from cloak, I can see how warp ammo on her can make up for it. I use the CSR almost exclusively on my Destroyer.

X-Frame

Never considered using the CSR on the Huntress, but it makes sense since she'll be a bit squishy and yet with Warp Ammo IV can deal lots of damage to single targets.

Tsukumo

Next week then. Hopefully.

Today's balances.

Feb 12, 2013

Biotic Charge Power
- Evolution 5 chance of not causing a cooldown increased from 33% to 50%

Annihilation Field Power
- Evolution 5 damage bonus increased from 50% to 65%

Hydraulic Joints Gear
- Melee damage bonus increased from [5%-15%] to [10%-20%]

Collector Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [68.3-85.4] to [73.0-91.3]

Incisor Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [93.3-116.6] to [98.0-122.5]

O_O
Must. Not. Fap.

Operation: HEARTBREAKER (Feb 15th-17th)

Event Description: The number of Banshees on the battlefield has suddenly increased. We believe the Reapers are improving their means of creation, and we need to recover as many Banshee bodies as possible for analysis. Use cautious tactics – and try not to get your heart ripped out.

Individual Goal: Earn 20,000 points killing Banshees.

Reward: Commendation Pack

Damn Banshees.

Damn Banshees.

FUCK YES!!!! I have been playing nothing but gold/platinum reapers the last few days so I am totally ready for this. I have been trying to solo gold but I always get grabbed during an objective wave. Man that is so annoying. I wish they would turn that down a bit of give you some way to break out. like let you still attack the few seconds before they stick their arm through you.

Mindlog

Edit: Did some researching, and it seems to be an unanimous choice for Armor, made a Slayer a while ago and tried it out solo on Gold, and it worked out good with extra Armor damage so I guess I'll keep it like this and try in an actual match tomorrow.
Yeah, shields and barriers are just really easy to tear through. The whole reason I have a revived interest in the class was because I ran into a very good Slayer on Platinum. Then the minor Collector Sniper increase reminded me I had been hankering to try that out as well. Also the new 6A charge mechanic looks fun for some other builds. I want to try a max charge damage 6A rampaging Krogan.

Gah, too many builds to try and not enough time.

Can't decide if I want to kill Banshees with Huntress + CSR or Ghost + Particle Rifle. Probably Huntress since I'm finally closing in on the Commando Banner.

or maybe batarian adept with a claymore...

Finished the weekend challenge in one gold match, pretty easy, though I'm pretty sure it involved cock-blocking the rest of the squad. Oh well, Hurricane VIII get!

Stantron

Both my Valiant and Hurricane have been sitting at IX for weeks. It's like an itch that I wanna scratch and be done with already.

GI + Javelin is my new toy. I don't even have TC specc'ed for sniper damage currently, and my Jav is only level III, yet it's been effective still on gold. Shooting targets through walls. <3

I want to mess around with the Geth Engineer later this weekend, and I wanted to see what you guys thought of this build: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...GRailAmp2/CyclonicModulator2/OmniCapacitors2/

My goal is to detonate fire explosions with the turret flamethrower and incendiary ammo. I originally specced the turret for shields/damage and armor damage, but realized that with hunter mode on, I would be too squishy on gold matches.

Also, I don't play with Geth characters at all so I don't know which weapon to use. My geth SMG is at III, and both my shotty and pulse rifle are at II. Should I use a non-geth weapon altogether?

Top Bottom