• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

X-Frame

Giant/Reapers/Platinum matches all weekend! I'd love to get above 3,000,000 credits at least. 30 PSP's should unlock quite a lot of stuff.

Giant/Reapers/Platinum matches all weekend! I'd love to get above 3,000,000 credits at least. 30 PSP's should unlock quite a lot of stuff.

Well, just to make some 'educated' guesses, lets say its 6 new kits, and a 5/2 split on rare/ultra-rare for the new weapons. Assuming 4 cards for each kit, that's a total of 74 gold cards to unlock everything but the ultra-rare weapons. That's just a bit over 7.3 mil to get everything not ultra rare-out of the way if you're buying 99k packs. This assumes that a) your manifest is currently maxed, and b) you don't get any ultra rare unlocks, which of course you hope you do. It also assumes that none of the new kits are ultra rare, so it's a very conservative estimate. So 3 mil will get you less than half way there in the best of circumstances; the huge number of added weapons is really making this expansion seem pretty beastly, and for all we know there are more than 6 kits.

None of that is really bad news of course, this is the last injection of new the game is getting, so it will be nice to have plenty to chew on.

When you guys are saving creds for an upcoming pack - do you still buy jumbo packs so you have consumables?

BTW my Geth Engineer build is finishing top of the group every time i play it - esp on firebase london it dominates on there.

No Hunter Mode
Collector Sniper Rifle X with Armour Piercing and extra rounds
Tech 12% + Sniper Damage 12%
Sniper Rail Amp III
Incindiary Ammo IV

Turret goes down the bottom of the left most stair case to warn and prime fire explosions with flames. Collector Rifle head shots, then when its recharging you use overload to prime fire explosions. Love it.

Xanathus

Is there a GAF group of players on the PC that I can join in? DLC has made me start hardcore farming platinum for credits but 50% of the public players are awful and are just there to leech.

edit: Actually now that I think about it, I think that players with bad pings with the host are joining into pub games since there's relatively few Platinum matches, which would explain how bad they seem to be.

deafmedal

When you guys are saving creds for an upcoming pack - do you still buy jumbo packs so you have consumables?

I do, usually I try and only play platnium with at least 4-5 solid hours of Glacier runs so as to save good stuffs ( SG RA III, AM III, Incendiary III & IV etc.) on the weekend leading up. I usually buy a JEP after every match, with the odd SP to keep my level IV stuff up. Currently sitting at 5.8 million, probably add at least 1-2 more by Tuesday provided I don't blow a few trying to get some AM III's... Fuck those things are more rare than UR's!

If any Xbox Gaffers wanna run some Glacier runs this weekend hit me up on Live (GT same as name, manifest), it's cool if you don't know how, we'll learn ya!

Melchiah

Phew! This weekend mission took me the longest to complete. Five Silver matches with Krogan Soldier. It didn't really help, that my character was on so low level I couldn't even consider playing Gold. Got Valkyrie IV. Now to collect at least a million credits for the final DLC.

X-Frame

Crusader II.

Damnit! I need 3 more for my Hurricane to get to X. I didn't have 1 Crusader for almost a year and now I get 2 in a row.

Crusader II.

Damnit! I need 3 more for my Hurricane to get to X. I didn't have 1 Crusader for almost a year and now I get 2 in a row.

Yeah I'm starting get antsy about how much longer weekend challenges will continue, I mean I'm sure they're not shutting active support down the week of their dlc release, but they've made it clear that things are starting to wind down. On the other hand, I can easily see them adding the promo weapons to the ultra rare pool as a final update when they do stop rolling out challenges. Still, one way or the other I want my Hurricane X!

EekTheKat

Tonight is full of people with Avengers joining plat, and so far none of them have held up as decent teammates at all.

One kid kept yelling shit on the mic, it annoyed me so much that I pretty much gave up on wave 8. Having a mic is actually detrimental to my play now since 99% of the time nothing of use ever come across the mic.

Mechanically, this game isn't that hard. No amount of yelling, swearing, dribbling on and on will change the fact if you go into a Plat game with an underwhelming kit and weapon you will die. Platinum to me is simply a dps check/boss kill exercise.

Oldie but goodie - the Salarian Infiltrator is still one of the best overall characters in the game. He's pretty much "good/excellent" vs all factions, whereas some other characters have weaknesses that become very apparent against certain factions.

oooooooooh.
Just got 2 UR's in one Premium Spec pack.
Typhoon VI and Talon VIII. Nice :) I think this has only happened to me once before.
Trying to complete this Weekend Challenge on gold and Im finding the Avenger is absolute shite, really. Even with Warp IV ammo, it feels like a pea shooter.
Zaeed must have been some special kind of badass to actually kill things with this PoS.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Haven't played a weekend match in awhile. Jumped back in to become a big goddamn hero.

Challenge was easy, done in two solo White/Geth/Bronze matches, only took 40min.

M8 - Destroyer Soldier; High Velocity Barrel, capacity mod.
Inferno nades - Krogan Soldier.

Use only one of them each match and you'll complete the requirements around wave 10.

Did it in 3 gold matches, 1 BatSol, 1 KroSol, and one as the Ghost to polish off the Avenger points
which I did in wave 1, and then steamrolled the match with my Hurricane :D

Not sure if I'm willing to brave Platinum with randoms to get more credits... will try I guess.

Im really keen on the new classes this week. Have no idea what the Geth Juggernaught is going to be. I hope they dont rehash old powers and give us something actually new.

I bet the Geth Juggernaut wont even be able to run. I love to see him with the Krogan heavy melee attack though.
Im pretty excited (especially for that sexy EDI clone) but I think we need maps more than we need new classes.

Melchiah

I found it somewhat amusing, when I played two matches yesterday with a player called ChristianPerson2, who didn't revive the other players when they were down. How unchristian of him/her. (S)he was a good player though, and was able to carry Gold/Geth/Glacier alone for those rounds. And I was amazed how effective the Geth shotty & Geth Engineer combo was in his/her hands; a shot or two and all but Primes were down.

X-Frame

I bet the Geth Juggernaut wont even be able to run. I love to see him with the Krogan heavy melee attack though.
Im pretty excited (especially for that sexy EDI clone) but I think we need maps more than we need new classes.

He can't sprint, or dodge, or take cover. But he'll have very high defenses, possibly even stagger immunity and unable to be sync-killed, plus a Geth Turret for distraction/shield replenishment. I'm going to guess he'll have 1,500 or even 2000 base shields and be able to max out around 3,500 or 4,000 before any shield booster mods.

He's going to be absolutely amazing for Hack objectives I think. I can't wait to take him against Geth/Gold with the Geth Spitfire X and just give pay back to all the heretics, haha.

Juggernaut vs. Prime will always be one of the first things I'll want to do.

Juggernaut vs. Prime will always be one of the first things I'll want to do.

I'm going to staggerlock the first Prime I see and shout obscenities at it for the rest of the round. Hopefully I'll be able to block the other players behind me so that I can elbow it in the face for as long as possible.

Speaking of which, they're also reducing the Geth stagger. Apparently only a little bit, but I'll take it.

nel e nel

I completed the challenge but no Commendation pack. WTF

Initiate a claim with the online chat support. I had a similar issue a few challenges back. It took them a couple of weeks to handle it, at which time it was too late to issue me a new pack, but they gave me 300,000 credits instead.

Initiate a claim with the online chat support. I had a similar issue a few challenges back. It took them a couple of weeks to handle it, at which time it was too late to issue me a new pack, but they gave me 300,000 credits instead.

You should be able to sort it without support by following this link: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/account/weekend_challenge_fix/

I had the same issue and this sorted it in less than a minute.

Yesterday I took a Havoc into a solo Gold expecting it to fill up in a couple waves like usual, but it never did, so it ended up almost being my first reaper gold solo, until I got corned by 2 brutes and a banshee on wave 8 and blew all my medigel. Almost cleared wave 9, but got a people's elbow straight as I was landing from a havoc strike and then got shot down by the same Marauder's Phaeston XXVI. I was sad.

Dacon

Banned
Anyone wanna farm some Gold with me in preparation for the new classes?

I usually play on pc, my origin ID is KINGDAIGO2010.

X-Frame

What packs are everyone buying come Tuesday?

I really want all the new characters maxed as quickly as possible, so I'll probably go with Reserve Packs until they're all maxed, and then Arsenal Packs.

I likely won't be able to max all Rare weapons though, with only 3,500,000 credits saved so far.

I also hope that no more than 2 of the new weapons are UR's, well hopefully none of them are, but more than 2 and that would suck, but they probably will to ensure that people play for longer.

Chocobro

What packs are everyone buying come Tuesday?

I'll probably get Reserve Packs until I get each character at least once, then Arsenal Packs until the weapons are maxed, and finally max out the characters.
Unfortunately, I only have 500K from just doing the last few weekend operations so I don't think I'll be getting any new weapons :\

Bombless

So apparently I'll be getting Mass Effect 3 for free through the EU PS+. I'm almost maxed on PC but I'd welcome the possibility to do it all over again.

How's the MP over there? Does the game run fine? Are there still many missile glitchers?

Melchiah

So apparently I'll be getting Mass Effect 3 for free through the EU PS+. I'm almost maxed on PC but I'd welcome the possibility to do it all over again.

How's the MP over there? Does the game run fine? Are there still many missile glitchers?

I didn't know it was coming to PS+.

The game runs fine, although there are some connection glitches from time to time. I've ran into a missile glitcher only once during my 536 matches.

Bombless

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/02/22/playstation-plus-your-march-update/

In summary
Leaving PS Plus in March:

6th March: Sleeping Dogs
6th March: Vanquish
6th March: LIMBO
13th March: Wipeout 2048
20th March: Lumines Electronic Symphony

Entering PS Plus in March:

6th March: Mass Effect 3
6th March: Dead or Alive 5
6th March: Joe Danger 2
13th March: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
20th March: Puddle

Awesome, thanks for the information. I'll probably play with the new content on PC first but I'll definitely start on PS3 later.

Melchiah

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/02/22/playstation-plus-your-march-update/

Awesome, thanks for the information. I'll probably play with the new content on PC first but I'll definitely start on PS3 later.

Oh, Dead or Alive 5 and Joe Danger 2. Good offerings once again.

If you're up for Gold, feel free to add me, and that goes for others as well. My PSN ID is Kraft. Just mention you're from here, as I get odd friend requests all the time. Probably because of my generic ID, which is a common surname in Europe. Not mine though. :)

Stantron

Possible new banners. Might be fake. BSN thread here.
2z24SoK.jpg

X-Frame

I'm going to go with 99% real. A lot of BSN'ers who seem to be a lot more experienced in photoshop are saying how difficult it would be to make these.

Geez, as if my anticipation of this DLC couldn't get any higher!

No drell?

fuck this universe

Assuming those images aren't fake (I kind of think they are), then they suggest a new Salarian Kit, but one is not pictured in the "Punisher" banner, meaning there are more than 6 new kits. Even so, I doubt we'll get another Drell, which is sort of sad, but the 3 we have are already 3 of the best kits in the game.

Edit: You know, change of heart, I think there's a solid chance that they're real.

X-Frame

A Leviathan-controlled Collector (Collector Thrall) would be an interesting class to play. And it would be in line with the teased Adept class and would be a good surprise, which is probably why BW hasn't said anything about it yet.

I dont think Drell are anywhere near as popular as Krogan, Turian and Asari.
People never seem to use them and personally, I thought Thane was the most boring squadmate in ME2. Well ok, not as boring as Jacob, but what would you expect from a human?

Fruitster

A Collector Thrall? That sounds great. It needs to have some Harbinger style taunts though to really make it epic. 'This hurts you' everytime a Dragoon dies - glorious.

Top Bottom