• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Melchiah

I want to mess around with the Geth Engineer later this weekend, and I wanted to see what you guys thought of this build: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...GRailAmp2/CyclonicModulator2/OmniCapacitors2/

My goal is to detonate fire explosions with the turret flamethrower and incendiary ammo. I originally specced the turret for shields/damage and armor damage, but realized that with hunter mode on, I would be too squishy on gold matches.

Also, I don't play with Geth characters at all so I don't know which weapon to use. My geth SMG is at III, and both my shotty and pulse rifle are at II. Should I use a non-geth weapon altogether?

Here's my build:
mbBlyFSl.jpg

Works well on Gold. I've usually used my Geth Pulse Rifle VII, and sometimes coupled it with Hurricane. Collector SMG has been recommended to me, but I don't like using it due to the risk of depleting the ammo. Snipers are good with Operative Package gear, although I tend to use the gear even with other guns, as it increases tech damage more than my other gear. I usually prefer fast, light and less powerful snipers, like Raptor & Incisor, as I'm not that sharp shooter. But they might not be that effective on lower levels.

EDIT: You need to spec the Turret for damage to maximize its efficiency, and recharge speed on Overload is not worth it.

I haven't yet tried setting Overload on Chain/Neural/Shield, but I've been told it's a good build as well.

Mindlog

I want to mess around with the Geth Engineer later this weekend, and I wanted to see what you guys thought of this build: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...GRailAmp2/CyclonicModulator2/OmniCapacitors2/

My goal is to detonate fire explosions with the turret flamethrower and incendiary ammo. I originally specced the turret for shields/damage and armor damage, but realized that with hunter mode on, I would be too squishy on gold matches.

Also, I don't play with Geth characters at all so I don't know which weapon to use. My geth SMG is at III, and both my shotty and pulse rifle are at II. Should I use a non-geth weapon altogether?
I really like playing that class aggressively. Some people drop Hunter Mode entirely for more survivability. My build is similar to yours. I get in close with a Piranha and cast the Turret very frequently.

It's fragile, but if you get the hang of it very fun and effective. If it's too hard you can keep the same build and stand-off a little more with a sniper or assault rifle.

Completed my Asari Valkyrie waves and got a Valkyrie V. All of my promotional weapons are between levels V and VIII.

Melchiah

Anyone have any Geth Trooper suggestions? I think I'll use that one to knock out the weekend challenge on Gold/Platinum.

This was posted here a while ago.

Platinum solo guide with Geth Trooper. Specs shown in the beginning.
http://youtu.be/SokXJGxCWRU

I'm definitely looking forward to getting the character some day.

I really like playing that class aggressively. Some people drop Hunter Mode entirely for more survivability. My build is similar to yours. I get in close with a Piranha and cast the Turret very frequently.

I often play the same way, but without the Hunter Mode, and with other weapons than the shotty.

Anyone have any Geth Trooper suggestions? I think I'll use that one to knock out the weekend challenge on Gold/Platinum.

I have been using the build for the solo platinum vid and it is insane. I just did the weekend challenge. Gold reaper Glacier, I had it completed on wave 7 and I almost doubled the 2nd place person. Once you get the hang on corner burning stuff you will almost never die and anything with armor dies so fast. One change I have made is I use omni-capacitors for gear rather then shield boost. The extra flamer damage lets you take brutes out with just 1 use of flamer, and ravagers and banshees die shortly thereafter. Plus you dont take much damage if you are careful so you dont really need the shield boost.

X-Frame

This is pretty cool ..

ME3 MP Community Banner Contest

If you’ve been playing a lot of multiplayer since the release of Mass Effect 3: Retaliation, chances are that you’ve already gotten yourself a sizeable collection of in-game banners. As proud of those accomplishments as you are, have you ever thought about how cool it would be to create a banner of your own? Well, wonder no more!

How would you like to create a multiplayer banner and have your design featured in Mass Effect 3? If the answer to that question is, “yes,” then here are a few details that you’ll need to get started:

IMPORTANT: Before participating in the Mass Effect 3 Community Art Contest, please read the Official Contest Rules. You will have to acknowledge and accept these rules when you email your submission.

- The contest begins on February 15, 2013 at 12PM GMT, and submissions will be accepted until February 22, 2013 at 6PM GMT.

- Pick your favorite Mass Effect 3 multiplayer challenge and use that as the inspiration for your own design. If obtaining N7 Mastery was your crowning achievement, create a banner that you feel best captures that pride. Please note that weekend operation challenges do not apply for this contest.

- Multiplayer banners are should be 512 pixels x 128 pixels. Click here to download our banner template. Please submit in .jpg .bmp, .gif, .psd, or .png file format only.

- Email your submissions along with your full name, birthdate, country and the name of the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer challenge that inspired your artwork to community@bioware.com. All email submissions must also include an active acknowledgement and acceptance of the contest rules with the statement “I have read and accept the Mass Effect 3 Community Art Contest Official Rules.” No exceptions.

- All submissions will be voted on by the BioWare team from February 22, 2013 12PM GMT to February 26, 2013 at 6PM GMT. Each submission will be based on creativity, originality, and accuracy to the Mass Effect 3 challenge it was inspired by. BioWare will select 5 winners and include their artwork in-game as a multiplayer banner.

Stickied BSN Thread about it

Got a Valiant VII.

Geth Trooper Flamer tears things up like crazy. Too bad I don't have an Acolyte.

Got the weekend challenge pretty easily. On Gold two Vorcha's were spamming Flamers with me. :lol Too bad I used my rockets on Wave 3. We died in Wave 10 but still got the objective.

StUnNeR H2K

Anyone here on the XBOX?

It's getting harder and harder to find quality people to play with. Used to be able to farm randoms for a bit to find a couple good players to hook up with. I typically run Gold, but would do more Platinum games if I could find a good group.

GT: StUnNeR H2K or post yours and I'll send a FR.

X-Frame

Inferno Grenades + Incendiary Ammo is just absolutely ridiculous. I think I read that the combination is a bug, much like Warp + Incendiary Ammo, but I think the combination with Inferno Grenades is way more powerful, and devastating.

On the Batarian Soldier (also very powerful on the Krogan), you can rush a spawn, toss an Inferno Grenade or two and then a few shots of my Talon at every burning enemy + some Ballistic Blades to the face, it's amazing.

For those unaware, the "bug" is apparently that when you hit burning enemies from Inferno Grenades with Incendiary Ammo, the enemies receive all the DoT from the burning effect from Inferno Grenades immediately, as opposed to over 8 or however many seconds it usually takes.

Throw an Inferno Grenade at a Brute on Gold, then follow up with a Claymore shot on my Krogan Soldier and he's dead. Just like that. I can't think of a better set-up versus the Reapers.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Inferno Grenades + Incendiary Ammo is just absolutely ridiculous. I think I read that the combination is a bug, much like Warp + Incendiary Ammo, but I think the combination with Inferno Grenades is way more powerful, and devastating.

On the Batarian Soldier (also very powerful on the Krogan), you can rush a spawn, toss an Inferno Grenade or two and then a few shots of my Talon at every burning enemy + some Ballistic Blades to the face, it's amazing.

For those unaware, the "bug" is apparently that when you hit burning enemies from Inferno Grenades with Incendiary Ammo, the enemies receive all the DoT from the burning effect from Inferno Grenades immediately, as opposed to over 8 or however many seconds it usually takes.

Throw an Inferno Grenade at a Brute on Gold, then follow up with a Claymore shot on my Krogan Soldier and he's dead. Just like that. I can't think of a better set-up versus the Reapers.

Ooooh - I'll try this in the weekend when I have time.

Sajuuk

Any details, images and gaming sites are blocked at my work.

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/02/21/mass-effect-3-citadel-reckoning-dlc-announced/

All good things must come to an end, and that includes the Commander Shepard trilogy. However, just because it is coming to an end, that doesn't mean we can't go out with a bang. Introducing the final Mass Effect 3 multiplayer DLC: Reckoning!

Prepare for the Reckoning! Newfound allies join the multiplayer war for survival in Mass Effect 3: Reckoning. The Geth Juggernaut, Female Turian Raptor, Talon Mercenary, Alliance Infiltration Unit, and more take up arms to stop the Reaper threat. Smash your enemies with the Biotic Hammer as you lay waste to the battlefield as the Krogan Warlord.

Wield 7 new weapons for multiplayer, including the Geth Spitfire Assault Rifle, Venom Shotgun, Lancer Assault Rifle, and amplify your arsenal with new equipment and weapon mods featuring the Geth Scanner and Assault Rifle Omni-blade.

Mass Effect 3: Reckoning launches at no additional cost worldwide on February 26th on Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3 (on February 27th on PlayStation 3 in Europe).

Twitch TV Live Stream Event

Join us on Monday, February 25th at 9:30am PST for a Mass Effect 3: Reckoning live stream on Twitch TV! Members from the Mass Effect dev team will be on hand to demo the new multiplayer content and answer your questions about the DLC. We hope to see you there!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Geth Juggernaut should be dope.

X-Frame

I have 2,000,000 credits saved up, I feel I need at least another 1,000,000 because I want everything!

I hope no classes are Ultra-Rares, but I am sure some weapons will be like the Spitfire and Venom Shotgun.

Oh, and I can't wait to play as the EDI-cloned sexbot. :)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
In this shot:

What's with the comet thing? I don't recognise the attack from the Collectors. Hazard variation?

Tsukumo

I havent got a UR in 5 weeks. purchased over 30 UR packs.

You should give a try to reserve packs. For some reason the Ur drop rate is pretty high. There's a thread about it on Bsn forum. Search for Ap, Psp, RP in the title, or for "maxed out manifest". It should pop up.

You should give a try to reserve packs. For some reason the Ur drop rate is pretty high. There's a thread about it on Bsn forum. Search for Ap, Psp, RP in the title, or for "maxed out manifest". It should pop up.

I have all the characters tho. do u mean arsenal packs cos ive been getting them too. cylonic modulator iv :(

I just realized I'm not friends with you any more yankeehater.

I HATE the yankees too. :(

We definitely got to correct that. Sorry if I dropped you. I got a ton of invites playing Halo 4 so I cut a lot of people I hadnt played anything with. I am on Wednesdays nights and early weekend mornings and I am really hoping to get a group to do some platinum runs for credits. It sucks most public matches on platinum just want to use the box on Rio, but I think Giant is much easier/fun.

X-Frame

Eric from BW is on the BSN forums answering some questions and one thing that really caught my interest was him saying that there are more new powers in this DLC compared all previous ones. All new kits should be very unique.

Unlike Retaliation which was 90% recycled powers.

Tsukumo

I have all the characters tho. do u mean arsenal packs cos ive been getting them too. cylonic modulator iv :(

I tried that at first, but after two weeks of playing gold I came back with nothing. After I started purchasing Reserve packs I get 1 UR every 3 packs. I think having all characters is actually the reason why the number of UR drops is so frequent. Maybe has something to do with Volus cards being UR, thus "tricking" the RNG.
Another thing is (I think Mindlog suggested this a while ago) purchasing packs during weekend operations: for some reason UR drop rates become more frequent.
Anyway, I sent you a pm with the link.

Mindlog

Operation: TRIBUTE (Feb 22nd-24th)

Event Description: A surprise Reaper assault inflicted deeply-felt casualties on our N7 teams and interrupted supply lines to several worlds. Many units will have to rely on standard-issue sidearms and munitions. We must honor and avenge our comrades who fell – and let the Reapers know this was a mistake, not a victory.

Individual Goal: Two objectives are required:

1) Earn 50,000 points using the M-8 Avenger.

2) Earn 50,000 points using Inferno Grenades.

Reward: Commendation Pack and a special tribute banner
Like a guddamn, gentleman.
I hope my connection improves. Tired of weird lag and disconnects.

Oh, and...
Eric Fagnan said:
As part of this DLC pack, we are reducing the amount of stagger that the Geth faction will perform on players. If I remember correctly, the Geth Prime pulse shots and his turret no longer stagger players. Geth Hunters are unchanged.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Of course they had to do that weekend operation with a special tribute banner for Zaeed during one of the only weekend of the year where i won't be at home.

Fuuuu

Ronabo

Of course they had to do that weekend operation with a special tribute banner for Zaeed during one of the only weekend of the year where i won't be at home.

Fuuuu

Have a friend recover your account and play for you.

I'd do it if you are on Xbox and trusted me.

Top Bottom