• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Neki

I just finished the SP and was looking at the multi-player, how hard is it to jump in right now? I'm afraid I'll be useless as a level 1 lol.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I just finished the SP and was looking at the multi-player, how hard is it to jump in right now? I'm afraid I'll be useless as a level 1 lol.
It's not that hard as long as you don't jump straight into the harder difficulties. Jump into bronze and buy a few of the cheap packs before you jump up to silver. Once you start getting the hang of it and find a character you like you can move on up to gold. Platinum will be a bitch though until you get some buddies who are geared.

Neki

It's not that hard as long as you don't jump straight into the harder difficulties. Jump into bronze and buy a few of the cheap packs before you jump up to silver. Once you start getting the hang of it and find a character you like you can move on up to gold. Platinum will be a bitch though until you get some buddies who are geared.

So I should just buy the recruit packs then?

So I should just buy the recruit packs then?

I would. Once you max them, get veteran and so on.

Smart Advice above - get an Asari Adept to level 20 and use her for a while. Or human engineer.

I wouldnt attempt gold until you are at least level 400 - ive played with a few people the last few days where i was carryin them through every damn round on gold. It became really depressing in the end.

While N7 rating isnt the be all and end all, it is a good yard stick. Also, when you play gold have most of your rare weapons at X so you can contribute

Ive only managed to save up 700,000 creds in the last few days - wanted 1 mill by the time the new DLC comes out but i dont think ill get it.

If you do want to use a weapon based class as a new player, an infiltrator with the mantis can work up through gold, not that you should start there. But yeah, max out those starter weapons with recruit packs first thing, you'll also get some xp cards for the basic human kits to help level them all up.

Melchiah

While N7 rating isnt the be all and end all, it is a good yard stick. Also, when you play gold have most of your rare weapons at X so you can contribute

Ive only managed to save up 700,000 creds in the last few days - wanted 1 mill by the time the new DLC comes out but i dont think ill get it.

That's not really true. I usually play with Geth Pulse Rifle VII and Hurricane IV, and often end up on the top of the ladder on Gold. It depends on the player, and the character that's used as well; Geth Engineer & Kroguard in my case.

580,000 here, and I think I can get it to at least 1.3m by the time the DLC comes.

Melchiah

I dont think Drell are anywhere near as popular as Krogan, Turian and Asari.
People never seem to use them and personally, I thought Thane was the most boring squadmate in ME2. Well ok, not as boring as Jacob, but what would you expect from a human?

I think I've used the Drell on MP only once or twice, and the same goes for the ME2 SP campaign. I don't think he was a boring character, but I thought there were others who were more interesting. As for MP, I don't really like his squishiness, and I don't usually like to use classes which rely on grenades.

Man Thane was probably my favorite squad mate in any of the games. I loved his story. I am so pissed that I never could unlock the Drell Assassin in mp.

StUnNeR H2K

I think I've used the Drell on MP only once or twice, and the same goes for the ME2 SP campaign. I don't think he was a boring character, but I thought there were others who were more interesting. As for MP, I don't really like his squishiness, and I don't usually like to use classes which rely on grenades.

Weapon damage wise it can be one of the most powerful classes. A friend of mine plays the Drell Infiltrator with a shotgun... melts everything.

Melchiah

Weapon damage wise it can be one of the most powerful classes. A friend of mine plays the Drell Infiltrator with a shotgun... melts everything.

Yeah, I've seen more skillful players dominate the matches with the Drell and sniper rifle. It's just not my kind of class, and I think I'd suck with it. ;)

Sai

Banked over 900k credits over the weekend. Would've had at least five times that much if I didn't purchase all those PSPs over the last two weeks... ;_;

One Ultra Rare drop... Still can't believe that.

Melchiah

The Juggernaut can't be synch-killed! Love it, as that's the thing I hate about the game the most. I sometimes end up being synch-killed due to getting stuck in the walls, or a glitch in the connection.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Geth Juggernaut fits my style big time, which is to be in the middle of all the action on Platinum & Gold, and I love that the heavy melee is a sync kill.

Now I feel bad that I wasn't earning crazy amounts of credits like my friends who are over 10 mil while I haven't been playing much at all and only have about 3.4 mil or so.

But as long as I get the Geth Juggernaut I'm golden. This arrow guy with Zaeed's armor is amazing as well.

exYle

The Alliance Infiltration Unit has a move called Repair Matrix - if you go down while this is active, you will get back up without a medi-gel!

Damn I doubt I will ever play another class once I unlock the Geth Juggernaut, synch kills are by far the worst thing about the game. Removing them is such a great idea.

exYle

Turian Female: Poison Strike, Nightshade Blades, and Biotic Focus.

Poison Strike is the alternative to Biotic Charge: it has a limited range, but is not required to lock-on a target - this allows her to use the teleporting ability anywhere. When you use it, any enemy between you and your endpoint gets hit with a poison attack.
Nightshade Blades is a bit like Ballistic Blades, but with a poison effect.
Biotic Focus is a self-buff that increases speed, melee damage, and damage reduction. The 6th rank has an upgrade of recharging barriers and a 1/2 second invulnerability window.

exYle

Krogan Warlord has health regen. In Rage mode, the health regen is even better. Rage is activated by two melee kills within 45 seconds.

X-Frame

4 ultra-rare weapons. Damn you EA!

More UR than Rare weapons, that's cold. It also means all good SMG's are UR or Promotional (Collector SMG, Hurricane, and now Bloodpack Punisher).

The UR character will be left as a surprise for tomorrow. Definitely a Collector Thrall.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
THE HAMMER LOOKS SO COOL

Do we have a list of all the added classes and their abilities? I'd like to make a thread.

exYle

THE HAMMER LOOKS SO COOL

Do we have a list of all the added classes and their abilities? I'd like to make a thread.

Adept:???
Krogan Warlord: Tech Armor, Biotic Hammer, Electric Hammer
EDI-bot: Tactical Cloak, Snap Freeze, Repair Matrix
Turian Vanguard: Poison Strike, Nightshade Blades, Biotic Focus
Talon Engineer: Trip Mines, Armor-Piercing Arrows, Concussive Arrows (oh god, yes)
Geth Juggernaut: Assault Pulse, Hex Shield, Geth Turret

exYle

I saw a Volus do a heavy melee falcon punch. What's up with that?

One of the new gear - Batarian Gauntlet. Overrides the heavy melee of any class in favor of the Falcon Punch.
Obviously not a good idea for either the Krogan Warlord or the Talon Engineer

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Woah, they showed an adept.. prothean maybe?

Yup, it's the exact color in the banners above, meaning they're all legit.

Krogan with health regeneration finally, and his hammer looks powerful - I might have a Platinum Krogan that I can click with without the glitchiness of Biotic Charge requiring me to be host, nice.

So in terms of what they showed, I want the Geth Juggernaut the most, followed by the Krogan, then the EDI Infiltrator, Turian female, then the bow guy - and they all look strong regardless.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The Wikia site has always been a great one-stop information source.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_3:_Reckoning
It'll be constantly updated with everything. Right now they're just running confirmed content.

Adept:???
Krogan Warlord: Tech Armor, Biotic Hammer, Electric Hammer
EDI-bot: Tactical Cloak, Snap Freeze, Repair Matrix
Turian Vanguard: Poison Strike, Nightshade Blades, Biotic Focus
Talon Engineer: Trip Mines, Armor-Piercing Arrows, Concussive Arrows (oh god, yes)
Geth Juggernaut: Assault Pulse, Hex Shield, Geth Turret

Cheers guys!

Shame that they're not adding any new maps, by the looks of things. I was really hoping they would, at the very least, revise the existing maps for hazard variations. I really like the hazard concept, and it seems like an easier way to introduce "new maps" without actually making completely new maps. A complete hazard roster would have been dope. Oh well!

Top Bottom