• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

exYle

Yup, it's the exact color in the banners above, meaning they're all legit.

Krogan with health regeneration finally, and his hammer looks powerful - I might have a Platinum Krogan that I can click with without the glitchiness of Biotic Charge requiring me to be host, nice.

So in terms of what they showed, I want the Geth Juggernaut the most, followed by the Krogan, then the EDI Infiltrator, Turian female, then the bow guy - and they all look strong regardless.

I've been playing Crysis and I love the bow so much that I wanted it in this game, and I just cannot believe they actually delivered. I'm so unbelievably excited right now.

exYle

Sorry for the DP. Someone on BSN sniped the Awakened Collector's powers:

Dark Sphere, Seeker Swarm, Dark Channel

AWAKENEDCOLLCETOR_zps270224c5.png

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I've been playing Crysis and I love the bow so much that I wanted it in this game, and I just cannot believe they actually delivered. I'm so unbelievably excited right now.

Yup - he was putting down enemies in one hit on Gold too. and even though I put him last in order, I still want that character badly, especially since none of his powers use a cooldown and he's so strong and mobile.

EDIT: Reckoning DLC trailer comes tomorrow, but they just tweeted a teaser trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nk13M1H4Y

exYle

Yup - he was putting down enemies in one hit on Gold too. and even though I put him last in order, I still want that character badly, especially since none of his powers use a cooldown and he's so strong and mobile.

EDIT: Reckoning DLC trailer comes tomorrow, but they just tweeted a teaser trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nk13M1H4Y

I've been thinking of how to spec him - since his bow strength is tied to his fitness, I'm thinking I probably want to spec out of the trip mines and go 0/6/6/6/6.

Pretty surprised at the number of ultra-rares, but it makes sense--last dlc, give people something to chew on unlocking for a while.

All the kits look pretty awesome, can't wait to see the Collector in action. No certainty that I'll unlock it though... Juggernaut is number 2 on the priority list.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Putting a thread up shortly.

I have to say, these new kits look really really powerful; I think they might be balanced against each other, but maybe not so much against the rest of the content in the game.

Sai

Bioware's gotta give the other Krogan kit's the Warlord's base health regen. DU EET!

Well, maybe not the Kroguard. He's fine.

Mindlog

What's old is new again part 897: Concussive Cryo Soldier.
My build is a little different, but basically spamming concussive shot while applying Cryo Ammo effects. Not OP, but very fun build for me.

Can't decide if I'm using a Batarian Fist on my Volus Vanguard first or one of the new classes.

Bombless

I missed most of the stream, only caught a bit of the female turian vanguard then the krogan warlord.

The sheer force of the Biotic Hammer was just amazing. At one point he grinded 2 pyros into paste in a single hit (they might have been damaged though). I also love the EDI model, looks to be an agile kit, curious to see if a martial arts build would work.

Overall my excitement for this is well over 9000.

My Origin ID is Bombless, hit me up if you want to blow stuff up! (also I'll prolly play on PS3 too when ME3 goes free for PS+, PSN id is NfernoTheFirst).

The Cabal Vanguard looks like it was tailor-made for my preferences. High mobility, teleporting "charge", good dodges, nasty DOTs. Looking forward to burning 5.5M credits tom...Wednesday in EU. :/

Fembot's shotgun cloak bonus could result in a Claymore shot destroying a small planet.

So if this is the last MP DLC does that mean the previous rumors of a Co-op mission set are out the window?

Regardless new DLC looks like good stuff. Kind of sad we never ended up getting prothean DLC but it is what it is I suppose.

Bombless

They managed to tie everything from the MP side to the world, adding Protheans just couldn't fly. We get a mind controlled Collector instead, which is kind of the same thing!

PBalfredo

How is everyone doing normally for medigel supply? I'm constantly strapped for medigel; one bad game could empty my reserves. Meanwhile, I'm sitting on 40 shield chargers, 70 missiles and 200+ ammo clips. Is this the case for anyone else? How often do you guys buy equipment packs as opposed to specter/arsenal/reserve/get-stuff packs?

Melchiah

Ammo - 244
Rockets - 60
Medi-gel - 141
Shields - 25

The rockets supply started to decrease when I began playing Gold. In order to avoid depleting the Ops Survival packs, I've started playing differently; stay more in cover, and rather use Medi-gels as I've got a plenty of them.

exYle

Ammo - 244
Rockets - 60
Medi-gel - 141
Shields - 25

The rockets supply started to decrease when I began playing Gold. In order to avoid depleting the Ops Survival packs, I've started playing differently; stay more in cover, and rather use Medi-gels as I've got a plenty of them.

What I would give to be in your predicament

Bombless

Ammo 255
Survival Packs 255
Cobra Missiles 210
Medigel 16

I guess I could use Cobras more. My lack of Medigels is probably due more to me being a cheap bastard and not wishing to spend cash on jumbo packs too much. On the other hand I've stopped trying to salvage a dire situation on my own all the time. After a couple rounds if the team is really not worth it I just stop getting up. Also if there's only a couple enemies left I'd rather just die and let them complete the wave.

PBalfredo

What always gets me is when the team starts going down on a mission wave. Nothing is worse than wiping right before a payoff, so I end up spending my load of medigel trying to salvage a horrible situation. Usually doesn't work, then I've wasted my medigels in addition to not getting paid.

Melchiah

What I would give to be in your predicament

Heh, well there are a few factors, that contributed on the Medi-gel amount... I bought a lot of 20k veteran packs to upgrade the more common gear, and I played on Silver at the time where I didn't die as much, and my Medi-gel max level was at 3 or 4 so I couldn't burn them so quickly.

Unfortunately, yes. Probably.
Waiting for ME4 I guess

Honestly not really an issue
ME3 MP has been such a great ride and ill be putting many more hours in with this DLC

Hopefully next time its more expansive.

Id love a overhaul to customization for characters for ME4 MP

Face Customization
Armor parts that you unlock based on actions (cosmetic only)

The core game is fantastic.

exYle

Heh, well there are a few factors, that contributed on the Medi-gel amount... I bought a lot of 20k veteran packs to upgrade the more common gear, and I played on Silver at the time where I didn't die as much, and my Medi-gel max level was at 3 or 4 so I couldn't burn them so quickly.

I'm not lacking for medi-gels (sitting at about 100), but that's still about half as much as my Ops Packs.

Honestly not really an issue
ME3 MP has been such a great ride and ill be putting many more hours in with this DLC

Hopefully next time its more expansive.

Id love a overhaul to customization for characters for ME4 MP

Face Customization
Armor parts that you unlock based on actions (cosmetic only)

The core game is fantastic.

Agreed. There's quite a bit that they can do (perhaps a MOBA-style versus mode?), but they've got a fantastic foundation and I eagerly await the next one.

Melchiah

I'm not lacking for medi-gels (sitting at about 100), but that's still about half as much as my Ops Packs.

I had the habit of using the Ops packs far too much, which is why I decided to change the tactic. It pains me to buy those 33k packs, when I could use the credits for others.

BTW, it's been a far easier task to collect a million credits for the DLC on Gold, as the last time they released the first Voluses, I had to play over 30 Silver matches for the same amount.

I burn through ops packs like crazy, I'm at:

145 Medigel
161 Missiles
231 Clips
16 ops packs

Luckily I'm up to 2.1 million credits which should get me started pretty well once the dlc hits. I may play a few more matches, and I can just go ghost/havoc if I run out of ops packs.

Woorloog

Banned
Ah, feel like playing ME3 MP. I really don't like the single player due to that ending but multiplayer, it is golden. Too bad they don't sell the MP component as standalone. Also, goddamn Live Gold. Not wanting to pay anymore for it :/

I seriously don't get how you guys have more medi gel than survival packs...

I recall my medigels vanishing due to the game not recognizing i used one, or one vanishing due to something killing me before the medigel healing me. Survival packs work always... and so often i had to carry my team.

Chocobro

I'm still sitting on 255 Rockets/Survival Ops/Ammo/Medi-gels :| It's rare for me to go down in Silver. I might go back to playing Gold; not sure if I want to play with Gold pugs though.

Getting hyped about the new characters!

I seriously don't get how you guys have more medi gel than survival packs...

I think that playing aggressively and being reasonably successful at it inevitably leads to that shift in balance. Take cover or use ops pack and keep killing? Easy choice... until I run out like I have today.
I typically finish matches with 0 ops packs left, and 3-4 medi-gel. Unless I'm rolling Volus or Ghost/Havoc (almost said Armiger Turian, but then I remembered that sad little engineer).

Looks like we get a goody with the dlc:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/16026814

I think that playing aggressively and being reasonably successful at it inevitably leads to that shift in balance. Take cover or use ops pack and keep killing? Easy choice... until I run out like I have today.
I typically finish matches with 0 ops packs left, and 3-4 medi-gel. Unless I'm rolling Volus or Ghost/Havoc (almost said Armiger Turian, but then I remembered that sad little engineer).

Looks like we get a goody with the dlc:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/16026814

17M points wtf

The Juggernaut can't be synch-killed! Love it, as that's the thing I hate about the game the most. I sometimes end up being synch-killed due to getting stuck in the walls, or a glitch in the connection.

My favorite thing is being insta-killed immediately, after (wasting a medi-gel) reviving myself :mad:
It always happens when Im the last man alive. That fucking Phantom just stands over my injured body, waiting for me to stand up.
Death in that situation, is completely unavoidable with low mobility races like Krogan or Batarian, IMO.

I read somewhere that, with the exception of the Banshee, all enemies that can insta-kill only do so after performing a melee attack. So when you got dropped by Phantom after she slashes, wait a few seconds before reviving yourself.

X-Frame

The Geth Scanner is going to complement so many builds.

For example, a Geth Soldier specced completely out of HM can now wall-hax plus retain full shields and DR. The Fury will be able to see where everyone is so she can murder them. The Turian Female Vanguard.

The Batarian Gauntlets seem to be more of a joke, which is fine with me if it's fun. A Volus with a Falcon Punch, geez!

I read somewhere that, with the exception of the Banshee, all enemies that can insta-kill only do so after performing a melee attack. So when you got dropped by Phantom after she slashes, wait a few seconds before reviving yourself.

I have waited many times for the hovering Phantom to move away (5 secs or so) only to be insta-killed on revival.
I think the attack>insta-kill rule only applies for standing characters.

I have waited many times for the hovering Phantom to move away (5 secs or so) only to be insta-killed on revival.
I think the attack>insta-kill rule only applies for standing characters.

Well, I think it's more that, in order to 'prime' and insta-kill, the enemy only needs to attempt a melee; it doesn't have to be against you, and it doesn't have to hit. At that point they are primed until they take another action; if you're the last person and they've just melee'd you down and are just hovering over your corpse, they're going to be ready to go no matter how long you wait. Also, they'll usually start whacking at you as soon as you gel, meaning that they can re-ready up the attack before your finished staggering your way to your feet. So yeah it's a rough situation for someone without a dodge. Of course, Krogan Sentinels and Vanguards have plenty of options to avoid getting into that bad of a situation in the first place, not that they're always successful.

These days, I would say that phantoms are among the least likely to pull off a sync kill on me. My biggest worries are Banshees appearing out of nowhere, and me getting too cocky against Brutes and Praetorians in melee range.

Of course, Krogan Sentinels and Vanguards have plenty of options to avoid getting into that bad of a situation in the first place, not that they're always successful.

Ive made the mistake (once or twice) of linking consecutive Krogan attacks too close together and being insta-killed while still recoving from the last attack animation. Ive been insta'd by a Phantom whilst Im doing a Biotic charge. fuuuuuuuuuuu
I'd love to see us players get some kill animations, when we've got the enemy to a low enough level of health.
Who here wouldnt want to see our Krogan tear the head off a Phantom or Hunter?

Sai

o.o Kinda late, but Medi-Gel/Missile/Ammo/Survival Op Packs are all at 255. I find myself using them more in Gold & Platinum matches—the latter I rarely ever do since I play by my lonesome(and going into pubs just introduces me to more methods of glitching).

Speakin' of pubs, they're full of scrubs tonight. Lots of people coming back excited for the DLC... Too much babysitting. :|

X-Frame

I really really really hope that none of the new kits have any sort of bugs like powers or bonuses or anything not working as intended.

Since Retaliation was full of bugged characters but they were recycled and lots of them, and this only has 6 and it seems they spent more time on them, I'm hoping that won't happen.

My most anticipated kit is the Alliance Infiltration Unit. Her Repair Matrix looks like an awesome ability that I'll have going constantly as she is so fast I'll be hitting ammo boxes like a Drell, not to mention Snap Freeze for CC/Deduff and TC for damage. Sheesh!

Sai

I think they said during the stream yesterday that they'd all be available from the get-go.

If I can just get that Juggernaut 'n Warlord... I'll be happy. :D

Top Bottom