• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Electric Hammer is beastly against Geth, and I didn't even fully spec it. I wanna see what my Biotic Hammer can do now.

I do think shotguns may not be a great fit for the Warlord, since he's so damn slow. Give him some firepower to deal with distant threats.

Ronabo

Spent close to 7 million credits.

Got all the rares maxed out. Got the UR Collector maxed out. Got 1 Blood Pack SMG and 1 Avenger.

Along the way I finally maxed out my Silver gears and managed to get a Typhoon, Scorpion and Indra upgrade. Funny thing was most of my URs came from Specter packs.

Dave1988

Which packs do you suggest to spend creds on to get the most bang out of your buck once Reckoning hits (EU PSN here, waiting for the DLC till tomorrow)?

PBalfredo

Played a game with my shiny new Alliance Infiltration Unit (convincingly named HUMAN_FEMALE). I like her so far. Well geared for close range combat. Repair Matrix is a great benefit to survivability. The auto-revive is once per use of a Repair Matrix "grenade", right? This can be a great go-to character to play when my medigel reserves are low. Which is to say, all the time.

Couple of questions: Is it worth putting the shotgun damage increase on the Geth Plasma Shotgun? Does it get the full benefit or does it cap when the damage graph is full? Also, I picked up an N7 Paladin today. I remember hearing there is a good build for tech explosions all day, erryday. Anyone know what that build is?

X-Frame

Played a game with my shiny new Alliance Infiltration Unit (convincingly named HUMAN_FEMALE). I like her so far. Well geared for close range combat. Repair Matrix is a great benefit to survivability. The auto-revive is once per use of a Repair Matrix "grenade", right? This can be a great go-to character to play when my medigel reserves are low. Which is to say, all the time.

Couple of questions: Is it worth putting the shotgun damage increase on the Geth Plasma Shotgun? Does it get the full benefit or does it cap when the damage graph is full? Also, I picked up an N7 Paladin today. I remember hearing there is a good build for tech explosions all day, erryday. Anyone know what that build is?

Apparently, BSN seems to think she is the most powerful, game-breaking kit in the game, and she really is that strong. Use a Claymore or Raider and she will do insane damage.

Yes, to auto-revive you need to activate Repair Matrix before you go down, so you need to save it for when you think you might go down and use it beforehand.

The Geth Plasma Shotgun most certainly benefits from the Damage Barrel, it just doesn't benefit at all from piercing mods so don't equip them. All you need is the Magazine Upgrade and the Damage and you're good.

Chocobro

yay I unlocked all characters except the Awakened Collector with only 500K! :D

Initial impressions with Geth Juggernaut (on silver), too slow for me. The heavy melee cheeses because you can get continuous shield regen plus you can lay the geth turret next to you. I'm still unsure what weapon to use, I was rolling the acolyte and harrier (had to stay near ammo crates all the time, ugh). Might use a lighter weapon because the pulse siege cool-down feels too long.

Edit: Just tried out the AIU. So good. I was able to clear pug Gold (didn't have any consumables on) with no problem lol. Been a while since I had this much fun with a character. Tactical Cloak, auto-revive, damage reduction, high mobility, shotgun buff, and snap freeze? My kinda character.

Mindlog

Unlocked everything :D
What are the God-Tier classes now? I see GI is still a beast, but I'm pumped to see what else is up there now with all of these new classes?
I played a pub with 3 good players (it's easy to tell) that were communicating and I still cleared 200k in 20 minutes. I never had to use defense matrix, an Ops Pack or a Medi-Gel. EDI is undoubtedly top tier. Perfect with a Wraith and Incendiary Ammo. Cloak, Shoot (Prime,) Snap Freeze (Explosion) and Shoot again with the cloak bonus.

Torn on what makes the Juggernaught more survivable. Hex Shield or a restoration specced turret. Right now I am leaning towards Hex Shield because placing it down and then using heavy melee works very very well together.
Warlord is fun as hell.

Haven't had time to dig into the others yet.

Toa TAK

Banned
Still playing around with my free and shiny Infiltration Unit, it's got me back into the multiplayer.

But any tips on completing the Collector Mastery challenges? I usually play on Bronze.

Hex shield for me, I don't bother with the turret.

Everyone is trying the new classes, a few of which were squishy as hell. So I'd lumber around, eating damage and reviving people. Played five games with Juggs (random/random/gold) only dropped twice. I had the attention of two banshees, brute and marauder. Heavy melee keep me alive while teammates worn them down. Didn't get into trouble until i ate 3 ravager shots from behind while pinned up against all the stuff I listed.

Not sure what gun to use with him exactly. went reagar, harrier, particle rifle, spitfire and GPS. Still unsure.

Still playing around with my free and shiny Infiltration Unit, it's got me back into the multiplayer.

But any tips on completing the Collector Mastery challenges? I usually play on Bronze.

Start doing Silver. The challenges take a while otherwise.

Everyone is trying the new classes, a few of which were squishy as hell. So I'd lumber around, eating damage and reviving people. Played five games with Juggs (random/random/gold) only dropped twice. I had the attention of two banshees, brute and marauder. Heavy melee keep me alive while teammates worn them down. Didn't get into trouble until i ate 3 ravager shots from behind while pinned up against all the stuff I listed.

So basically, a Geth Prime. If he's not too slow, I might use him. EDI is first on the list of must play, though.

X-Frame

I'm also torn between maxing Geth Turret or Hex Shield on the Juggernaut, or a split of some sort. I suppose I'll be promoting or respect quite often within the next few weeks.

I also fear the AIU will get nerfed at some point like the TGI did, and the GI before that. I'll have to play as her as often as I can before that happens, though even if they nerf Repair Matrix or anything else she'd still be top tier, since the GI or TGI haven't moved much since their nerf either. It's not so much the values of her abilities that will likely decreass but just their synergy and combination of everything that makes them "them".

Jesus. Are Geth that popular? Or is it the immunity from Sync Kill?

Several pubs, nothing but juggernauts. Most couldn't get past wave 5, they're so slow.

Edit: got the lancer

Neki

Start doing Silver. The challenges take a while otherwise.

So basically, a Geth Prime. If he's not too slow, I might use him. EDI is first on the list of must play, though.

I feel like I'm doing zero damage on Silver though with shitty beginner weapons. xD

Haven't yet gotten the Collector nor sexbot, but so far the Cabal is my favorite. Once I got used to the hitbox with Poison Strike, I found that she's amazing. All dat manueverability.

Geth jugg is a tank.

That heavy melee makes you invincible on Solo Bronze.

I think ill wait to try him on harder settings until i have a team but damn

Agreed on the Cabal being the most fun. The mobility is superb, but the poison DoT is incredibly weak, things die to quickly for it to be of any consequence. Good for getting assists though.

Does EDI's snap freeze suffer from the "explosion centered on player" bug?

Not from what I've noticed.

Melchiah

Which packs do you suggest to spend creds on to get the most bang out of your buck once Reckoning hits (EU PSN here, waiting for the DLC till tomorrow)?

I'd like to know as well. My initial choice would be the PSPs, but I'm open for suggestions.

1.15 million credits gathered, and I'll probably use 10-15€ for the packs just to show my support for the game.

I feel like I'm doing zero damage on Silver though with shitty beginner weapons. xD

spamming the recruit/spectre pacts helps level up the commons pretty quick. plus there's enough people on silver with rare and ur that you should be able to hang around. plus an adept or kroguard rely on powers so weapons are less important at the silver/bronze level

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I got the Talon. Tech bow is pretty fun. Still getting my head around a decent build. With good ammo management I think he'd be able to dish out good damage.

StUnNeR H2K

I got the Talon. Tech bow is pretty fun. Still getting my head around a decent build. With good ammo management I think he'd be able to dish out good damage.

His mines seem to be the key. Learning where to place them based on enemy location is key. In Gold I had my mines one shotting a Dragoon. The arrows don't do much damage other than one debuffs and the other knocks enemies down. The class is super squishy and the bow sometimes locks up on me (on XBOX).

What builds are people using for EDI? I played a few plat matches with a guy using her and he doubled the 2nd place guy each time. I have her but I have no idea what to put points into.

exYle

His mines seem to be the key. Learning where to place them based on enemy location is key. In Gold I had my mines one shotting a Dragoon. The arrows don't do much damage other than one debuffs and the other knocks enemies down. The class is super squishy and the bow sometimes locks up on me (on XBOX).

I've specced out of mines for the time being, are they really that good?
Also, this guy badly needs the ability to fire his bow from cover

Chocobro

What builds are people using for EDI? I played a few plat matches with a guy using her and he doubled the 2nd place guy each time. I have her but I have no idea what to put points into.

I'm currently using a 66660 build with her.
TC: Duration / Recharge Speed / SG Damage (you can choose damage too, I use duration to win games)
Repair Matrix: Survivability / Duration / Enhanced Repair Matrix
Snap Freeze: Reach / Cryo Explosion / Damage&Weakness
Unshackled A.I.: Weapon Damage / Headshot / Weapon Damage

I'm still playing around with her and looking to see if anyone else has a better build.

Cat Party

Haven't played this game in a million years (stopped soon after Earth came out). Gonna dip in tonight. Pretty interested to see all the changes and new content.

EekTheKat

Krogan Warlord is almost therapeutic.

It's as if you get to take out a day's worth of frustration in 30 minutes or less. Just fire up a Krogan Warlord and smash everything.

Specced EDI for shotgun damage and didn't put any points onto snap freeze at all. She's a beast with the claymore, but I think I might experiment with another build later.

How many times does the repair matrix auto-revive per round? I'm sort of confused by how often I could actually use it to get out of sticky situations.

An-Det

I'm not a big fan of playing Vanguards, but I'm digging the Cabal Vanguard (the new female turian) that I got in the gift pack. I wasn't too sure on building it so I went with 6/6/6/5/3 (poison strike: damage, poison duration, poison strength; Nightshade blades: damage, poison duration, enhanced blades; Biotic Focus: movement speed bonus, duration, biotic shield; Turian Veteran: d&c, power damage), with a Hurricane 5 (200% recharge) and grenade capacity upgrade. Poison Strike seems to barely move me, so I was thinking about switching rank 4 to Range. Same with Biotic Focus rank 4, I kinda want to switch to additional damage reduction (up to -25%).

Did a few silver and gold extractions with it so far and it's good, but definitely needs tuning (plus I'm probably using the wrong weapon set, but not sure what to use from what I have unlocked). Most of my matches were with people messing with the new characters, and makes me want to get EDI and the Juggernaut, the seem so awesome.

Haven't yet gotten the Collector nor sexbot, but so far the Cabal is my favorite. Once I got used to the hitbox with Poison Strike, I found that she's amazing. All dat manueverability.

Definitely agreed for Poison Strike, I'm loving it for all the reasons I love the similar ability on the batarian soldier. And the Cabal can get around so well, lots of fun so far.

Specced EDI for shotgun damage and didn't put any points onto snap freeze at all. She's a beast with the claymore, but I think I might experiment with another build later.

How many times does the repair matrix auto-revive per round? I'm sort of confused by how often I could actually use it to get out of sticky situations.

If it is active when you go down, (green devastator mode graphic tells you it is) the repair matrix will revive her. The revive removes the effect, so you have to use the skill again to get revived again. But assuming you have 'grenades' you can use it as much as you want.

I definitely dumped fitness on her, she has 750 base shields and with the shocktrooper upgrade, it was easy to keep up her repair matrix any time she was under duress. Tried her with the Claymore (destroys everything) and Reegar (destroys everything faster, that gun is totally busted). Opening from cloak with snap freeze gives you a reliable stagger against multiple enemies, making it easy to line up headshots (not that you need them). She is easily among the top 5 kits in the game, and is by far the easiest of the new ones to use, because for all her tricks, she's still a shotgun infiltrator, which is far from new.

I also had a lot of fun with the Juggernaut, Cabal, and Collector. I'm not huge on the other two, though I hope I'm just not 'getting it' where they're concerned.

As for the new weapons, I've got at least 1 level in all of them but the Punisher, and I'm really liking the lancer. The venom shotgun, I just don't get it. I need to see video of someone using it effectively or something.

Stantron

Spent 7.3M credits. Maxed out all the non-weapon stuff. Also got 10 ultra rare upgrades for the new weapons, and 7 for the old weapons. At least one of each new ultra rare weapon.

X-Frame

If it is active when you go down, (green devastator mode graphic tells you it is) the repair matrix will revive her. The revive removes the effect, so you have to use the skill again to get revived again. But assuming you have 'grenades' you can use it as much as you want.

I definitely dumped fitness on her, she has 750 base shields and with the shocktrooper upgrade, it was easy to keep up her repair matrix any time she was under duress. Tried her with the Claymore (destroys everything) and Reegar (destroys everything faster, that gun is totally busted). Opening from cloak with snap freeze gives you a reliable stagger against multiple enemies, making it easy to line up headshots (not that you need them). She is easily among the top 5 kits in the game, and is by far the easiest of the new ones to use, because for all her tricks, she's still a shotgun infiltrator, which is far from new.

I also had a lot of fun with the Juggernaut, Cabal, and Collector. I'm not huge on the other two, though I hope I'm just not 'getting it' where they're concerned.

As for the new weapons, I've got at least 1 level in all of them but the Punisher, and I'm really liking the lancer. The venom shotgun, I just don't get it. I need to see video of someone using it effectively or something.

Exactly how I played her. First with a Raider and then with a Claymore, both are insane on her. Definitely Top 5 kits in the entire game.

I played half a game with the Juggernaut before it lagged out but it was a lot of fun, and on Platinum no less. I only went down once the game lagged and I couldn't recharge my shields as my character was unresponsive, but before that it was amazing just standing there are two Banshee's dry-humped me while I sucked the life out of them and my teammates destroyed everything that I got the attention of. I tried a heavy weapons build so I only activated Siege Pulse and kept it on for the 40% damage reduction, but next I'll try with a lighter loadout and see how the Siege Pulse works offensively.

Does anyone have a good build for the Awakened Collector Adept? Rumblings on BSN are saying his Dark Sphere is amazing, and I played with one in game and it seemed to just melt enemies, even bosses. Not sure what he was doing though ..

Exactly how I played her. First with a Raider and then with a Claymore, both are insane on her. Definitely Top 5 kits in the entire game.

I played half a game with the Juggernaut before it lagged out but it was a lot of fun, and on Platinum no less. I only went down once the game lagged and I couldn't recharge my shields as my character was unresponsive, but before that it was amazing just standing there are two Banshee's dry-humped me while I sucked the life out of them and my teammates destroyed everything that I got the attention of.

I tried a heavy weapons build so I only activated Siege Pulse and kept it on for the 40% damage reduction, but next I'll try with a lighter loadout and see how the Siege Pulse works offensively.

Compared to Retaliation's recycled kits, these new 6 are very unique.

That was my approach on my first go with him too, but I did discover that the pulse will detonate ammo effects, so running a lighter weapon with incendiary ammo and making explosions with the the siege pulse works pretty damned well.

I dont think Bioware get enough credit for their sound design. All the sound effects in this game are unbelievable. The new "Hammer" sound is just amazing. Biotic explosions, fire explosions, the little hints that a turret is being set up - love all of it.

Im shredding with the juggernaut. he has 4600 shields and i use a typhoon on him with disrupter Ammo. a couple of shots to stun then drain the life out of everything.

With Atlases or banshees - i just use the siege pulse to stagger then drain, rinse and repeat. I had a little volus following me around yesterday which really helped, unfortunately his shield boost only fills 1/4 of my shields.

What are you guys equipping on your Juggernauts? Im using Joints (20% Melee) then Strength Enhancer III (30% Melee) - im assuming that affects how much he takes off when he drains people?

Ronabo

Is the Spitfire a Rare or UR?

I saw some dude opening packs on youtube and his showed up as gold rares. But they show as UR on the manifest page.

Mindlog

Yeah, Spitfire is a UR in gold clothing. I have a VII :D
Collectors and new maps are still in. Could be corrupt DLC.
That was my approach on my first go with him too, but I did discover that the pulse will detonate ammo effects, so running a lighter weapon with incendiary ammo and making explosions with the the siege pulse works pretty damned well.
Agreed. At first the Spitfire seemed like an obvious pairing, but the Lancer works great. On that kit I like something with a lot or infinite ammo. Ammo Box runs take a while. I'm mostly just stacking shields + AR damage. Siege Pulse and Incendiary Ammo to set off explosions.

I'm going to run out of Incendiary Ammo so fast.

My first run with the Awakened Collector: What the hell is this?
Second run: Excellent.

Even better it likes my Collector SMG (Mag + Power Amplifier.) It's a relatively new playstyle for Adepts. It's nice to see the creativity that went into that kit.

Reloaded my x-box, its back to normal.

Been pretty lucky with UR drops. Spitfire, BP Punisher, Talon IX and X, Scorpion X, Particule rifle VI and VII, Indra IX out of less than 3 mil. Better than normal for me

Reloaded my x-box, its back to normal.

Been pretty lucky with UR drops. Spitfire, BP Punisher, Talon IX and X, Scorpion X, Particule rifle VI and VII, Indra IX out of less than 3 mil. Better than normal for me

Yeha i got an Black Widow V and a Scorpion IX in the same pack - not what i wanted but still good to get 2 x UR's in one pack.

I hate the warlord so much. Just sync killed every wave on gold. I really hope they fix that because the hammer would be fun to use if they would let you. I got a geth juggernaut and it is amazing. I got to wave 6 solo against the reapers and I didnt take any damage at all. I used this build from BSN:

Hex Shield went for two electrocute evolutions followed by the wide shield at rank 6.
Pulse Shot went for radius, damage reduction and 4 shots (40% DR, 50% incapacitate)
Geth turret only three points. I toss it down to help keep team shield gate up.
Passive gets weapon damage and stability plus thermal capacity.
Fitness went shields, 15% movement, and shields.

I used the lancer so I wouldnt have to worry about ammo crates, and I used the gear that gives a 20% boost to melee damage. Just throw the shield down and heavy melee everything. The pulse also works great. Keep it up for the damage reduction, and fire it off occasionally to break up mobs. I also love that he makes the hit the 4 switches objective a breeze. Throw the shield up in front on the switch and then only melee guys can hurt you, but as far as I can tell most melee guys wont break the progress bar. If he was just a bit faster he would be the best solo class.

I uses the same setup, sans the turret. I put those points into weapon damage 6/6/0/6/6. I really want the Lancer

Warlord is fun on silver or bronze. I was frustrated by it on gold

Top Bottom