• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

I fucking HATE that the button you use to hide behind cover/stick to walls, is the same button you use to run.
Surrounded by Phantoms, Dragoons and an Atlus? Need to GTFO ASAP? I'll just crouch next to cover, instead :(
The default controller setting in Gears 3 gave me the same headache. At least I could change that though.

I fucking HATE that the button you use to hide behind cover/stick to walls, is the same button you use to run.
Surrounded by Phantoms, Dragoons and an Atlus? Need to GTFO ASAP? I'll just crouch next to cover, instead :(
The default controller setting in Gears 3 gave me the same headache. At least I could change that though.

Yeah I really wish they'd just let you click the left stick to run, mapping so many functions to one button while you still have others that aren't being used is kind of obnoxious. Oh well, maybe in Mass Effect 4.

Just finished a Gold game. Got back to the lobby and now its saying the ME3 servers are offline.
Are they preparing the DLC now?!
I should have saved my pennies, as I only have about 150k in the bank.

4 of the 7 new guns are ultra-rare? Wow

I've never really enjoyed platinum but I might need to grind a bit to make enough credits. we usually run gold/random/random. Boss monster after boss monster just gets old.

StUnNeR H2K

All I want is for this DLC to show up on xbox.com so I can start downloading.... 3 million credits are burning a hole in my virtual pocket.

X-Frame

I have 4,600,000 credits. It should be enough to max most, if not possibly all of the Rare items such as gear and characters and weapons, but not even close for the 4 Ultra-Rares. I hope I get at least 1 for each of them though so I can try them out.

I also hope the "Awakened Collector", even though an Ultra-Rare, drops at the same rate as the Volus Adept & Engineer did, which was just about like any other character.

Not to mention I am not even close of maxing all the previous Ultra-Rares ..

DLing now. Boom

Edit: do new ultra rares unlock more easily when first released? I got 4 of my 5 typhoon unlocks the first week it was out. Haven't gotten a collector SMG since a few weeks after release (4 the first week).

Edit2: 21 packs bought, 3 ultra rares. The new SMG, Indra IX and Particle Rifle VI. Maxed out geth scanner and batarian gauntlet. Got all the new characters at least once except for collector adept.

Edit3: Geth Spitfire is GOLD, not ultra rare,

Melchiah

My favorite thing is being insta-killed immediately, after (wasting a medi-gel) reviving myself :mad:
It always happens when Im the last man alive. That fucking Phantom just stands over my injured body, waiting for me to stand up.
Death in that situation, is completely unavoidable with low mobility races like Krogan or Batarian, IMO.

I absolutely hate how sometimes the Banshees grab you from meters away, and when I'm trying to run away from them in closed spaces, I end up getting stuck due to a glitch in the connection that changes my direction. I've been killed or synch-killed countless times begause of the game's shortcomings, instead of doing something wrong myself.

Yeah, that happens to me a lot. Just recently in the upper room of Giant, when two Banshees were chasing me, and I was the only one alive. Sometimes when you try to leave the cover, the character just slides to the other side, which may result with death as well. Another one of my gripes is when you try to revive a team member in a closed space, and you end up going to cover instead, resulting with him staying dead and you dying.

Yeah I really wish they'd just let you click the left stick to run, mapping so many functions to one button while you still have others that aren't being used is kind of obnoxious. Oh well, maybe in Mass Effect 4.

I'm glad they didn't use L3 for run, as it doesn't always work as it should, but they definitely should have mapped the cover somewhere else, or prevent going to cover when running and holding the X. I think some games have features that depend on whether the button is pushed, or pressed for longer.

DLing now. Boom

Edit: do new ultra rares unlock more easily when first released? I got 4 of my 5 typhoon unlocks the first week it was out. Haven't gotten a collector SMG since a few weeks after release (4 the first week).

Edit2: 21 packs bought, 3 ultra rares. The new SMG, Indra IX and Particle Rifle VI. Maxed out geth scanner and batarian gauntlet. Got all the new characters at least once except for collector adept.

Edit3: Geth Spitfire is GOLD, not ultra rare,

Great to hear.

What were you buying?

ive only got around 700K - going to get reserve packs for the characters i guess then aresenal packs for the weapons?

I did half arsenal half premium. Didn't really seem to matter, they were throwing the gear at me (scanner, gauntlet) regardless.

Hard to tell after 2 games but the guns feel good. Really wish I had got the lancer. First impression, Juggernaut is boss. Throwing up a shield to stop a rocket is boss as fuck. The heavy melee is amazing. Fuck yo couch pyro!

I did half arsenal half premium. Didn't really seem to matter, they were throwing the gear at me (scanner, gauntlet) regardless.

Hard to tell after 2 games but the guns feel good. Really wish I had got the lancer. First impression, Juggernaut is boss

cheers. cant wait to get home and play. i have a feeling there will be 4 juggernauts in each match and everyone will fail the pizza delivery missions.

Another one of my gripes is when you try to revive a team member in a closed space, and you end up going to cover instead, resulting with him staying dead and you dying.

God yes, I hate this too. It has happened to me many times :mad:

Speaking of god. Thank you God for giving me the alliance Infiltration Unit/Sexy EDI-bot in my gift pack :)

X-Frame

The Geth Spitfire is still an Ultra-Rare, it just needs to be switched to using a black card during today's balance changes.

I got a Krogan Warlord in my gift pack.

Tsukumo

I have a hard time believing they are going to drop this cash cow and come back to it two years down line. They must have some plan-B for this MP. Either they're going to make it it's own F2P, or they are going to release it as something separated from the main franchise.
There is LOADS of new players coming in. Can't imagine how many of them are either buying SP dlc to get weapons they have yet to unlock in MP, or buying PSPs to get infiltrators, harriers and piranhas.
Maybe they had ME3 on psn+ to test the waters. It would be sad having to sit and wait for a new Mass Effect MP for years, while other publishers will imitate their weapon/character packs "scheme" and make money out of it.
WAKE UP, BIOWARE!

Xanathus

I have a hard time believing they are going to drop this cash cow and come back to it two years down line. They must have some plan-B for this MP. Either they're going to make it it's own F2P, or they are going to release it as something separated from the main franchise.
There is LOADS of new players coming in. Can't imagine how many of them are either buying SP dlc to get weapons they have yet to unlock in MP, or buying PSPs to get infiltrators, harriers and piranhas.
Maybe they had ME3 on psn+ to test the waters. It would be sad having to sit and wait for a new Mass Effect MP for years, while other publishers will imitate their weapon/character packs "scheme" and make money out of it.
WAKE UP, BIOWARE!
I'm sure they're already working on the next ME game's muliplayer, but the consequence of tying it to the single player game is that they cannot release it until the main game is done.

I got the warlord in my gift pack. Hopefully by the time I get home from work their will be good reapers/gold builds up for him. I bought 7 reserve packs and got EDI in the first one, but nothing after that. Man I want a Juggernaut so bad.

This is sweet. Dudes with crossbows on their arms wearing Zaeeds armor. Weird, green Collector explosions and the EDI-bot looking pretty sweet (though her ass is nowhere near Asari quality).
Im trying a cloak-freeze-shotgun build with EDI. traditionally my Infiltrators have just been snipers, so this strat is kinda new to me.
I havent seen the new Krogan, female Turian or giant Geth yet.

if u get the juggernaut dont spec him for hex shield. you dont need it at all. spec all other powers to 6 and leave it at zero.

you 4600 shields with the geth.

Sai

Lol, the Krogan Warlord is so much fun.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to unlock the Geth Spitfire. :( I'm sure the Juggernaut would be ten times more fun with it. Going to reset it's powers and ignore the shield this time. Think I would benefit from the Turret more.

Gonna try out the Awakened Collector Adept in a bit.

Woorloog

Banned
Too bad i have this Gold Trial only under a week left (14 trial from Halo 4). Would love to get back to this for a longer time.
I'm completly out of loop now (haven't played since before Retaliation), no idea how things work anymore... and it doesn't help my controller's A button is nigh-borked.

Got the Zaeed character from Gift Pack. Not one i would've chosen (Collector would've been my choice) but at least it was free. Not sure how good it is really, kinda fun but gimmicky, i doubt it is good on Gold or above. The bow gets stuck at times while charging it, and shooting with B is awkward.

EDIT i really need to get in some money farming group, i have under 100k as it is...

Watching Stunner's stream right now. Man, it's weird watching a Collector run around as a playable character with a cobra missile launcher attached to his back.

Lol, the Krogan Warlord is so much fun.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to unlock the Geth Spitfire. :( I'm sure the Juggernaut would be ten times more fun with it. Going to reset it's powers and ignore the shield this time. Think I would benefit from the Turret more.

Gonna try out the Awakened Collector Adept in a bit.
I did this too. you dont need the shield at all.

im rocking the typhoon on him.

In class right now, would much rather be playing. This days gonna last forever

Kinda surprised people are bypassing the hex shield, its pretty useful for helping not just you but teammates as well. I loved throwing in the face of a pyro, dealing damage in the process and then grabbing him from behind the shield... dead. Juggs deals with annoying/dangerous units amazingly well. Its kind of his purpose. Dragoons? Lulz. Hunters? Gtfo. Husks might as well not exist.

seem to have a strange glitch. i have my engineer at level 20 yet I dont have enough points to max 5 powers on my talon merc. im left with 4 points instead of 6 and I have zero points on the cain mine thing.

anyone else experience this?

Tsukumo

-Adept Collector has power damage evolution in his sixth evo instead of decreasing weapon weight. He can also buff it up another 20% by fully upgrading his fitness tree. Seeker swarms give him DR, and the exploding biotic balloon doesn't need cooldown if you don't trigger the explosion but causes impressive damage over time on everything it touches.
Once people will figure out how to build him properly this guy is going to wreck every other class apart.

-Juggernaut is...lots of people play him like a Destroyer: they just walk right in front of everything. No one ever deploys the turret.

-Edi is...I'm not really into infiltrators. As a matter of fact, I hate them all. This character though aside of probably being a nasty one-shot boss-killer if built for dmg, can downright finish by herself EVERY single objective. Between defense matrix and snap freeze you can do a lot to support the team. Great tank, great damage dealer, awesome speed and spotless voice actor

-Talon guy is bugged. Loses points down the line (by gaining levels, or by promoting). Getting out the MP lobby or the game itself doesn't seem to fix it. Great. Can't wait to play Hawkeye/Green Arrow, but less points? Let's hope this isn't a bug that needs a patch to get fixed.

-Jury is still out on the cabal. Guy I was playing with on gold kept mashing the light melee button and was staggering everything. Armour looks gorgeous though. They made some nasty disaster with her voice acting.

seem to have a strange glitch. i have my engineer at level 20 yet I dont have enough points to max 5 powers on my talon merc. im left with 4 points instead of 6 and I have zero points on the cain mine thing.

anyone else experience this?

Aside me, there's a lot of people complaining the same thing on BSN.

X-Frame

Apparently the Talon point glitch fixes itself if you play a few games with him. Can anyone confirm that? It seemed to happen to lots of people on BSN.

I miss my ME3 peeps.

I will definitely be playing this next weekend with my old homies. I think I spent all my credits last I played (6 months ago) because I was positive I wasn't going to be playing any longer. I haven't even tried the new badge system yet.

What are the best classes nowadays? IS the Geth Infiltrator still beastly? Have biotics still got a gimp? Last time I played it was all gun play (i.e. guns were the highest damage dealers no matter what).

Doesn't look like its on PSN yet (at work anyway).

250 Medigel
218 Thermal Clips
168 Cobras
100 Ops Survival Packs

Not too shabby, the Turian Ghost uses the most clips (Harrier IV is always hungry).

Still no Typhoon. Still.

What are the best classes nowadays? IS the Geth Infiltrator still beastly? Have biotics still got a gimp? Last time I played it was all gun play (i.e. guns were the highest damage dealers no matter what).

I'd say it depends on your playstyle, there are a good amount of viable builds now for all levels, really.
Geth Solider w/Flamer, N7 Paladin, Turian Ghost, Asari Huntress, Asari Adept, Asari Vanguard, N7 Demolisher, KroGuard, GI...

Personal favorites: Ghost, Paladin, Demolisher and Geth Soldier.

Cloak, infinite shields, beast AR, Overload. Rarely goes down.

Top Bottom