• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

I uses the same setup, sans the turret. I put those points into weapon damage 6/6/0/6/6. I really want the Lancer

Warlord is fun on silver or bronze. I was frustrated by it on gold

Yeah I was thinking about specing out the turret since heavy melee kills things so fast. I dont think I got a single turret kill with this kit. It is so neat holding B and watching a brute just melt.

The only new class I got was the Talon. Didn't even use because I heard bad things about the melee to aim.

New units are fun (old DLC), and the Geth soldier (old DLC) is BOSS.

The Talon is... weird, not sure if I like him. The omnibow charge takes a bit too long when you really need to hit hard, and the concussion shot only seems good for tossing enemies out of the map. I was thinking I'd leave it out and go with 60666, since the AP arrows actually do a decent chunk of damage against armored stuff. The mines are fantastic if you can get them to stick to the right surface.

Mini reviews for other classes, haven't played the collector yet:

Warlord - clunky but KROGAN SMASH
Juggernaut - surprisingly fun, great support class
Cabal - non-stop dodging and teleporting <3, nightshade blades rock, biotic boost helps, poison strike only good for movement
Fembot - yeah well, not surprised if she gets nerfed somehow. Destroys worlds with Reegar/Claymore and has a get out of jail free card. Fun to play though.

Spent 5.5M and only got Spitfire from the new URs. :/ The Suppressor is a great pistol.

its weird - i got new NEW UR's. i got a scorpion IX, Black Widow V and a Sabre IV.

BTW - whats the best build for a Krogan Warlord - what am i supposed to leave out?

Got all the new characters except for the Collector and EDI.

its weird - i got new NEW UR's. i got a scorpion IX, Black Widow V and a Sabre IV.

BTW - whats the best build for a Krogan Warlord - what am i supposed to leave out?

I went 5 tech armor, and 3 in racial passive, he doesn't really need weapon damage or carry weight, and 5 in tech armor gets him the melee damage bonus. That being said, I don't like him much, he's so one dimensional, and his inability to take cover and his vulnerability to sync kills make him kind of lackluster against bosses. He looks big enough to go toe to toe with an Atlas, but the thing can still just grab him if he tries to hang around and use his hammer attacks. The trouble is that he would probably be totally busted if he was immune, but then again that just means there's one more absurdly overpowered kit in this dlc, as the infiltrator already takes that cake. In fairness, I've only played a couple matches with him, so I haven't completely dismissed him yet.

In worse news, I've been disconnected twice in as many matches today, really puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I love the Warlord, but yeah, having that melee-oriented class be taken out by bosses so easily is just lame. I can destroy Atlases mostly, but still. ;(

Melchiah

Characters:
Talon
Awakened Collector
Alliance Infiltration Unit

Gear:
Harrier
Geth Pulse Rifle IX
Juggernaut Shield IV
Executioner Pistol II
Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle

YEAH!

Oddly enough, I got better equipment in the PSPs I bought with credits, than in those few I bought with real money. Oh well, at least I showed my support for the game by buying them.

Hopefully I'll manage to get the Krogan and Geth soon enough as well.

Jinjo

I see the talent points glitch still happens on occasion. So annoying. Only got the the vanguard from the new characters, don't really like her. Still, it got me playing multi again and I did finally nab that Asari Valkyrie. :) Paladin is still my favourite character tho. I love the cryo explosion sound so much lol.

JMizzlin

Bought this game again after 7 months. Is the Omega DLC worth the 1200 points? How about Leviathan? Or should I just wait for Citadel?

Also awesome to see that MP DLC continues to be free! About to jump in and find out what's new.

Woorloog

Banned
Bad luck with drops. Getting crap i don't care about. Want that Collector Adept. And a bunch of classes from previous packs i still don't have, like N7 Shadow.
Of the new ones, i have Talon, Cabal, Juggernaut and AIU. Don't really like any of those.
AIU is powerful but i don't really care for how it plays.
Cabal doesn't feel very good. Gimmicky, kinda, like most Vanguards. Vanguards are not my thing.
Juggernaut is OK but too slow for my tastes. Tanks are fun at times but not as main class.
Talon... Gimmick class. Awkward to use.

Of thew new weapons, i've gotten Blood Pack Punisher. Pretty good SMG, though having to fire it full auto to use its anti-armor rounds is kinda lame.

How do people farm Gold nowadays? What map, enemies and how? Silver is very slow for getting money but i don't really dare to try to look for Random Gold matches with what i currently have, not without knowing what to do.

Toa TAK

Banned
Bought this game again after 7 months. Is the Omega DLC worth the 1200 points? How about Leviathan? Or should I just wait for Citadel?

Also awesome to see that MP DLC continues to be free! About to jump in and find out what's new.

Leviathan is interesting for the lore and Omega is not worth it.

Bad luck with drops. Getting crap i don't care about. Want that Collector Adept. And a bunch of classes from previous packs i still don't have, like N7 Shadow.
Of the new ones, i have Talon, Cabal, Juggernaut and AIU. Don't really like any of those.
AIU is powerful but i don't really care for how it plays.
Cabal doesn't feel very good. Gimmicky, kinda, like most Vanguards. Vanguards are not my thing.
Juggernaut is OK but too slow for my tastes. Tanks are fun at times but not as main class.
Talon... Gimmick class. Awkward to use.

Of thew new weapons, i've gotten Blood Pack Punisher. Pretty good SMG, though having to fire it full auto to use its anti-armor rounds is kinda lame.

How do people farm Gold nowadays? What map, enemies and how? Silver is very slow for getting money but i don't really dare to try to look for Random Gold matches with what i currently have, not without knowing what to do.

'Farming' gold isn't really a rigidly defined thing anymore, but Reapers are generally considered the easiest at this point, and Glacier reliably gets you the best clear times because of its size, so if you want quick runs, I'd recommend that combo.

Woorloog

Banned
'Farming' gold isn't really a rigidly defined thing anymore, but Reapers are generally considered the easiest at this point, and Glacier reliably gets you the best clear times because of its size, so if you want quick runs, I'd recommend that combo.

Thanks.
So, all i need is a class specifically designed to tackle the Reapers. And a team would be nice too. Randoms... are random.

exYle

There's new alternate MP banners now.

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/02/27/mass-effect-3-mp-banner-contest-winners/

CombatMastery-James-Warwick.png

Earth-Defender-Alexander-Krasnov.png

N7-Mastery-Isabella-Malara.jpg

Tech-Mastery-Aaron-Norton.png

Tech-Mastery-Emily-Warren.png

Biotic-Mastery-Filip-Stysiak.png

Cerberus-Mastery-Kristen-Coats.jpg

Council-Operative-Marchenko-Aleksey.png

Krogan-Melee-Andrew-Gordon.png

Lone-Wolf-Joel-Ruidera.bmp

Mindlog

I dropped Tech Hammer and haven't missed it too much. Tech Hammer is great against Geth, but so is everything else since there is no instant-kill. I never really gave Tech Hammer a try though so I'll revisit it later.

Got two more rounds of Awakened Adept. It's possibly my favorite class. I just have to figure out the Cabal to make a final verdict. EDI is great, but conventionally so. The Collector is like a long range burst firing Fury. Another class where every branch has good options.

The Cabal is weird. From what I've gathered, her Charge only does damage on departure, and not actually at the point where you end up. It just creates some kind of AoE poison effect that poisons the enemies in the area from where you charge.

At least, that's how I figure it works, because I still haven't fully figured her out yet. Not really sure what her sorta-passive power does, either.

Melchiah

Goddam, the AIU is effective with Reegar. Any advise on what mods to set on the shotty, and what gear is preferable? I just played a match with damage/penetration mods + Shock Trooper Upgrade, but decided to change the gear for Barrage Upgrade the next round, as the Reegar is low on ammo. I specced her without Snap Freeze, but I dunno whether it's the best option. Love her movement animations BTW.

EDIT: As I haven't really enjoyed using the shotgun before, I've managed to collect a plenty of amps for it, and I'm going spend all of them on her before she gets nerfed. Not that she needs them, at least on Silver, where I'm playing now until I max her specs.

I didn't enjoy using the Collector that much. The slowness of Dark Sphere made it somewhat ineffective IMO. So, I'm now thinking about respeccing him for Seeker Swarm and Dark Channel, but I'm still wondering whether the Sphere is a better option, and if I just didn't use it effectively.

Woorloog

Banned
The Cabal is weird. From what I've gathered, her Charge only does damage on departure, and not actually at the point where you end up. It just creates some kind of AoE poison effect that poisons the enemies in the area from where you charge.

At least, that's how I figure it works, because I still haven't fully figured her out yet. Not really sure what her sorta-passive power does, either.

Try "charging" through enemies. That should poison them.
Too gimmicky class for my tastes. Cool for Bronze, not for serious playing.¨

Also, just read Juggernaut can have some 2300hp and 4600 shield. Whoah. Add to that Siege Pulse damage reduction (up to 40%)... That's a tank. Gotta try one.

I dont really "get" the Cabal either.
I didnt put any points into her grenade ability at all, as I find some maps to be too stingy with dealing them out. Her biotic charge thing seems to do pretty poor damage, even with the poison follow up, plus it leaves you in bad situations if you're not careful.
I ended up, just sitting back and shooting while spamming her power that regens 40% shields (which is great).
I feel like Im playing boring, instead of playing her "right".

EekTheKat

How I would "adjust" with the Alliance Infiltrator Unit:
lower the duration of the of the repair matrix, but buff the healing/runspeed buff aspect of it. This would basically reduce revive into a more situational talent/skill while still maintaining it's usefulness.

Her offense is actually fine, though for some reason or rather her offense doesn't feel significantly better than a Salarian Infiltrator (which I think is the best overall with a good offense/good defense character), even though on paper she should beat the Salarian on pure numbers.

How I would "adjust" with the Alliance Infiltrator Unit:
lower the duration of the of the repair matrix, but buff the healing/runspeed buff aspect of it. This would basically reduce revive into a more situational talent/skill while still maintaining it's usefulness.

Her offense is actually fine, though for some reason or rather her offense doesn't feel significantly better than a Salarian Infiltrator (which I think is the best overall with a good offense/good defense character), even though on paper she should beat the Salarian on pure numbers.

That's how I specced her repair matrix. I have noticed that there's a critical window during the duration that it has to be activated to be revived. Activate the power too early, and you may not be able get back up when dropped because it doesn't last long.

How do you revive the femrobot, you have to use the tech pack before going down or something?

Most of her moves are DPS even her normal and hard melee attacks have dps and are only effective against no shielded enemies like the reapers, still I dont recomend her for gold or platinum matches. Her poisin charge only poison the enemies and just that, it didnt explode or cause real damage but is good for starting a tech combo.

EekTheKat

That's how I specced her repair matrix. I have noticed that there's a critical window during the duration that it has to be activated to be revived. Activate the power too early, and you may not be able get back up when dropped because it doesn't last long.

Maybe I'm just not noticing it, or I'm simply not aware of an internal cooldown or some other mechanism controlling it, but I can predict when revive is about to go off based entirely on how the buff works on my side. So much so that it's basically insurance when tackling an incoming pack of bosses.

I'll have to try it again later, but to me the game gets REALLY awkward in a game with 3 other Alliance Infiltrator Units, since I like to go with a bit of variety. Though at the risk of being smug it's hilarious crushing the new hotness with the classic Salarian Shotgun Infiltrator.

I'm just going by some of the rumors/crying going around about how the AIU will be adjusted
(nerfed)

Though these days I'm hosting quite a lot of plat games, so it may be latency/lag related somewhat. When I'm hosting repair matrix is a very predictable and useful ability.

Toa TAK

Banned
Can someone explain why people are upset with the AIU? I thought people would be happy to be given a character with powers like this?

Is it because people are upset with getting kills taken away or something? ME3 multiplayer isn't verses, and I'm always happy to see an AIU on my team. I honestly don't understand.

EekTheKat

Can someone explain why people are upset with the AIU? I thought people would be happy to be given a character with powers like this?

Is it because people are upset with getting kills taken away or something? ME3 multiplayer isn't verses, and I'm always happy to see an AIU on my team. I honestly don't understand.

From what I can gather, the Mass Effect community
BSN
considers her a low skill character that trivializes platinum runs.

The ironic thing is, there are tons and tons of really, really bad AIU players out there. They can still be sync killed easily if they're not careful, and if they don't have the firepower to back up the class on Plat they can still be overwhelmed.

For the record, I'm okay with how the AIU is in game - since in the hands of a non-terrible player she doesn't seem to significantly outperform the other upper tier characters.

Upper tier players are basically the ones who are not constantly dying.

Toa TAK

Banned
From what I can gather, the Mass Effect community
BSN
considers her a low skill character that trivializes platinum runs.

The ironic thing is, there are tons and tons of really, really bad AIU players out there. They can still be sync killed easily if they're not careful, and if they don't have the firepower to back up the class on Plat they can still be overwhelmed.

For the record, I'm okay with how the AIU is in game - since in the hands of a non-terrible player she doesn't seem to significantly outperform the other upper tier characters.

Upper tier players are basically the ones who are not constantly dying.

So basically, people are afraid that Platinum runs will be easier with the AIU?

EekTheKat

So basically, people are afraid that Platinum runs will be easier with the AIU?

Pretty much, since the repair matrix it can work out to something like 40-50 revives a match with the right gear/kit and use of consumables.

It's pretty much the same reason why the pre-nerf TGI was godly with their panic/escape button. TGI was hit with a nerf so speculation is AIU will go the same way.

IMHO, if an AIU player is dying that much in a plat game, odds are they're not going to finish it anyway.

But if you take the repair matrix out of the equation, she's still upper tier with a good shotgun.

Toa TAK

Banned
Pretty much, since the repair matrix it can work out to something like 40-50 revives a match with the right gear/kit and use of consumables.

It's pretty much the same reason why the pre-nerf TGI was godly with their panic/escape button. TGI was hit with a nerf so speculation is AIU will go the same way.

IMHO, if an AIU player is dying that much in a plat game, odds are they're not going to finish it anyway.

But if you take the repair matrix out of the equation, she's still upper tier with a good shotgun.

Do people usually go in randoms for Plat. or do they go with their party?

I used repair matrix before going down and I didn't get back up

So what

You tell me.

EekTheKat

Do people usually go in randoms for Plat. or do they go with their party?

You tell me.

I do play random Platinum, with a few matches with some folks on GAF on PS3. Though I host random Platinum these days since I absolutely hate Rio, which is what 99% of pick up Plat games are these days.

Toa TAK

Banned
I do play random Platinum, with a few matches with some folks on GAF on PS3. Though I host random Platinum these days since I absolutely hate Rio, which is what 99% of pick up Plat games are these days.

You're a brave person. Gold scares me enough as it is.

Me and some buds decided to do a 'battle of the Gods' to see which kit is really the baddest of them all on platinum. We had a Ghost (Me), a Quarian Male Infiltrator, a Geth Infiltrator, and a Sex-bot. The results were soiled by the fact that I disconnected early in the match only to rejoin a couple waves later (my money!!! argh) but the Quarian came in well ahead of the others. Totally unscientific of course, and the fact that it was against Geth might have skewed the results, and the fact that it was on Condor might have skewed them more towards us all killing ourselves. Actually, we ultimately decided that the winner was Geth Primes. I hate Geth Primes.

What's your build on him? i tried him on gold and he was ok but i got sync killed once because i didnt manage to take down the Phantom.

Ignored electric hammer in favor of biotic - everything towards melee buff and I took the armor damage boost as well as the knockback on shielded / armored enemies ( I may switch this to the extra charge since I don't notice too much of an effect). Works pretty well except against Atlases / Scions since I can one shot any non boss units once in Rage.

Ignored electric hammer in favor of biotic - everything towards melee buff and I took the armor damage boost as well as the knockback on shielded / armored enemies ( I may switch this to the extra charge since I don't notice too much of an effect). Works pretty well except against Atlases / Scions since I can one shot any non boss units once in Rage.
why not electric hammer?

Got kicked from a lobby for "hogging all the points." Wtf.

How do you know that? they typed it out to you?

Funnily enough - the last 4 gold matches i played were amazing. The scores were shared equallly approx 80K points each by all 4 of us. Ive never had games where everyone was equal - good times.

Top Bottom