• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Nori Chan

I have never gotten the Turian Engineer,Ghost soldier, Asari Infiltrator, and that doesn't even count the amount of appearance packs I need for most of them too.

I just really want to get my Juggernaut and then I'll FINALLY move onto the weapons which I'm pretty sure I have half missing lol

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I have never gotten the Turian Engineer,Ghost soldier, Asari Infiltrator, and that doesn't even count the amount of appearance packs I need for most of them too.

I just really want to get my Juggernaut and then I'll FINALLY move onto the weapons which I'm pretty sure I have half missing lol

I got the jug with the second veteran pack I bought.

Wait: I think it was with one of the free ones you get when you start.

I dont know if anyone with the game on 360 is around that wants to do collectors on platinum, but I really wanna try to get that knocked out. I have an 1 or so until I gotta go pick my wife up from work. My GT is yankeeh8er

deafmedal

Played 7 platinum matches, extracted on all of them.

Collectors werent as bad as I thought, Geth gave us the most problems thanks to the bombers
Had to do Collectors twice, and Geth thrice... got the money each time but fuck, Collectors have the worst Wave 10 spawns. Finally said fuck it and ran the final Geth game as three Juggs and one FQI on Hazard Reactor. Easiest Platnium match since... the first all Jugg match I did, heh!

Got Hurricane V, Crusader VIII, and Eagle VIII. Extra missile still eludes me though grrrr.

Sill4

So does everyone need to survive, or does the challenge just go to survivors

Or does everyone complete it if just one dude survives

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
The challenge should go to the survivors because extraction is an "individual goal".
FWIW, I failed extraction on one of my runs while everyone else in the team made it and I still got credit for it towards the operation.

Sai

Valkyrie VI from the 3rd Pack... GRAAWGH!!

Man, I was seriously hoping I'd be able to get my Crusader or Hurricane to X with this OP. ;_;

X-Frame

I am at a Hurricane VII .. and I thought I had a good chance of upgrading it even just 1-2 times this week. NOPE.

Crusader III
Crusader IV
Valkyrie VI

Isn't the Valkyrie supposed to be a pretty decent gun at high levels? People were saying it was a Harrier alternative at higher levels. I don't hear anyone talking about it though and I've never used it.

I am at a Hurricane VII .. and I thought I had a good chance of upgrading it even just 1-2 times this week. NOPE.

Crusader III
Crusader IV
Valkyrie VI

Isn't the Valkyrie supposed to be a pretty decent gun at high levels? People were saying it was a Harrier alternative at higher levels. I don't hear anyone talking about it though and I've never used it.

The Valkyrie and Harrier are relatively close in stats if your Valkyrie is one or more levels higher I'd probably use it instead of the Harrier.

Sai

It's not a bad weapon at all. Just not interested in it right now.

And I got two upgrades for it this week. :p If it weren't for that Valiant VII, I'd be kinda upset.

Shut up, man. Just shut up. I hate you.

(Hurricane II here)
<3

exYle

It's not a bad weapon at all. Just not interested in it right now.

And I got two upgrades for it this week. :p If it weren't for that Valiant VII, I'd be kinda upset.

<3

You're at - what? Hurricane IX? How much spare ammo does it have?

Knocked out cerberus plat this morning on Rio. I had the jug, and we had a volus, an asari adept, and a Krogan Warlord. I almost quit when I saw the worlord but decided not to see it takes so long to find a group at odd hours. Man the warlord wrecked shit. I would get bosses to focus on me and he would hammer them in the back. He just ripped through everything. Made it so easy. I just got collectors and geth left for the insanity challenge.

Sai

... That does make me feel a little better. Thanks. ;)

[EDIT] - Been tearin' it up on Glacier with this Fury build.

I usually only put six points into her Fitness, or avoid it entirely because she's so squishy, but her melee can set up some really devastating effects on a group of enemies. Kinda Vanguard-esque, high risk/high reward. There's also the 30% power bonus if you kill with it... :D

exYle

New infographic, guys!

MP-4-Telemetry.jpg

PBalfredo

I'm rather surprised the Acolyte is ranked the second most popular gun after it got re-nerfed with charge time. Unless it was just so popular when it didn't need a charge to put it over? Does anyone else here still use the Acolyte? Once they put the charge requirement back on it, I went back to using the Carnifax and the Talon.

X-Frame

Maybe it just counts when a weapon is carried by the character into a game, because I know I just take the Acolyte on a lot of my classes as a backup and sometimes don't even need to use it.

I'm rather surprised the Acolyte is ranked the second most popular gun after it got re-nerfed with charge time. Unless it was just so popular when it didn't need a charge to put it over? Does anyone else here still use the Acolyte? Once they put the charge requirement back on it, I went back to using the Carnifax and the Talon.

It's still one of the best guns in the game, I use it all the time. I also dispute that the charge mechanic is a 'nerf,' the ups and downs of it balance out pretty well I think, especially since they restored its original damage.

Harrier is my go to gun on Platinum games, so is TGI. I'm surprised Infiltrators arent a top 3 used class

Bought 9 premium spectre packs today...nothing but ammo.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Sure, Warp reduces armor and has Expose... and vanishes the moment i blow it up with another biotic power.
Reave i don't use, for i don't play characters with Reave (because their other powers are weak, boring or just not for me). Oh and i'm never quite sure just how Reave works in ME3: Does the damage reduction last only as long as the Reave is active on some enemy, or does it simply activate for the duration when Reave is used on a valid target, even if the target dies right away? Either way, i don't care for it, i can stick to cover to avoid getting shot. My characters are glass-cannons...
To me, Biotics are a method to do immense damage, any extra effects are just a bonus and temporary, not something i think about.
Applies to Tech powers as well, if i play a tech class, i pick one with freezing and burning effect and use cryo and fire explosions (usually the former, easier to set up and detonate) to deal maxium damage.

EDIT since i play mostly (99% of time) with PUGs, i sacrifice any utility for extra damage as that servers me far better than utility my random stupid team mates don't take advantage of.

Reave gives you the protection for a set amount of time, and you know for how long you have it since you glow with the effect. Can't remember but I think even if you kill them right away with Reave you still have the protection for that set of time.

But yeah, what I was saying with my post is that unless someone REALLY doesn't know what they're doing, as in, not use their biotics at all, they will be using the biotics on their character for some added benefit, even doing stuff like throwing Warp and keeping it on purposely and shooting with Warp Ammo with the 100% extra damage is useful without biotic explosions.

Woorloog

Banned
Reave gives you the protection for a set amount of time, and you know for how long you have it since you glow with the effect. Can't remember but I think even if you kill them right away with Reave you still have the protection for that set of time.

Glow? It doesn't work most of the time. But good to know it is a set time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Reave's damage reduction should work whether it glows or not

Also, the Acolyte might be better post-nerf imo

Woorloog

Banned
Reave's damage reduction should work whether it glows or not

Also, the Acolyte might be better post-nerf imo

I know it works, now i do anyway. But the glow doesn't work, which sucks.

Also, what do people see in the Acolyte? I see a slow, hard to use weapon that feels rather pointless, shields are not that hard to strip, especially when you don't have to deal with a bouncy projectile. Even without lag...
I might like it if i didn't have to charge it to fire it.
And before you say anything, i don't have any problems with Geth Plasma Shotgun, Kishock Harpoon or other chargeable weapons. Not that i use them, other than Kishock (for fun occasionally, never in serious play), not a fan of shotguns in general.

Mindlog

Harrier: Almost stopped using completely. Burnt out on it. The Lancer sounds cooler. The Spitfire is so ridiculous I can ignore its mid-level damage, extreme weight and really annoying movement speed modifier. I whip out the Cobra to run like we used to do with the knife in CS.

Hurricane: Still used, but my CSMG and BPP also get a lot of use.

Acolyte: Was too good to pass up. Now it can carry a Power Amplifier module for free! It's the staple of every caster and even a few more kits beyond that.

Gold's player pool has changed dramatically. I don't know if it's the operation or something else. I'm running up crazy scores and soloing a lot of waves.

I know it works, now i do anyway. But the glow doesn't work, which sucks.

Also, what do people see in the Acolyte? I see a slow, hard to use weapon that feels rather pointless, shields are not that hard to strip, especially when you don't have to deal with a bouncy projectile. Even without lag...
I might like it if i didn't have to charge it to fire it.
And before you say anything, i don't have any problems with Geth Plasma Shotgun, Kishock Harpoon or other chargeable weapons. Not that i use them, other than Kishock (for fun occasionally, never in serious play), not a fan of shotguns in general.

The acolyte is extremely good at stripping shields, even on bosses, only the Reegar is better. If you're using a class without a shield stripping power (typically a biotic) the ability to do so instantly and reliably is super valuable. If that's all it did, it would be okay; but it also has a great stagger on it, so now you have an enemy without shields and unable to shoot you, allowing you time to set up your combos, leave, whatever. It does all this while being the lightest gun in the game (tied for it). And you can fire it while running. And it's not that hard to aim, easier than the other guns you mentioned, in my opinion.

It's not a gun for every class, but it is a lightweight, reliable way to patch up the shortcomings of many kits.

^yeah, and you can put a power amp on it now! So good!

exYle

Playing as Krogan Warlord. Light melee'd a Possessed Abomination and sent the bugger flying. Into a teammate.

Whoops

Nori Chan

Really going to dread Collectors platinum :/

Had it on wave 8 but people didn't use medigel and I got instaskill end by a phantom after getting revived as the sex bot

Sill4

Anyone else like to play characters and keep with their theme?

Like I put the Geth PR on my Geth Engy, even though it's kind of crappy. I just have fun doing it! The GPS is a better weapon, but the Rifle just makes me feel Gethier. I like feeling Gethy.

Or putting a Graal on the KroSentinel. Not as effective, but still playable and fun.

I have my go to classes that aren't thematic, like my TGI/Saber and PPR/Krogan or my Vorcha/Saber (that one is fun as hell), but doing the roleplay is fun.

Gethy.

exYle

Anyone else like to play characters and keep with their theme?

Like I put the Geth PR on my Geth Engy, even though it's kind of crappy. I just have fun doing it! The GPS is a better weapon, but the Rifle just makes me feel Gethier. I like feeling Gethy.

Or putting a Graal on the KroSentinel. Not as effective, but still playable and fun.

I have my go to classes that aren't thematic, like my TGI/Saber and PPR/Krogan or my Vorcha/Saber (that one is fun as hell), but doing the roleplay is fun.

Gethy.

If you're going for Gethy AND scoreboard-topping, toss a GPS on a GI.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Got Crusader X in my Gift Pack and Valiant VIII in my Commendation Pack from doing 4 Silver extractions.

I feel like i'm going to max Hurricane, Crusader and Valiant before i even get my first Valkyrie. :lol

Top Bottom