• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Worst weapon in the game. I tried it out with a Cabal Vanguard. Worst weapon + worst character combo ever.

Its ok in the new DLC as it serves a purpose, but why do you need a low powered stealth pistol in multiplayer - you cant really hide!

I was thinking maybe to keep aggro low but geez... its terrible.

Cabal is a work in progress for me right now. Biotic Focus is amazing, but the poison dynamic just needs a huge buff in general. Mobility is easily the best in the game though.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Collectors are tough heh.

If anyone is doing silver, add me Lorrac ESP. I got consumables to do gold too if anyone wants to invite me.

Euro time weekdays, on weekends I dip into US time.

I play a geth juggernaut.

I have a question. When you ascend a character, does it reset the class back to level 1? Or only the race you ascended.

Mindlog

id like to join you guys for some platinum runs. ive just started playing on platinum. im not great but I can hold my own. played a few plat games with sai and we extracted each time so if ur on xbox add me. "IAMBLEST"
Sent.
^Takes that entire class back to lvl 1

How massive?
Highest in the game. When stacked with other headshot bonuses (like Marksman) it gets pretty crazy. Have to land those headshots though.

So after watching the GB QL for Citadel, I kinda want to get back into this multiplayer. I ended up downloading Citadel, Leviathan and all the multiplayer packs. But now, it seems that I can't even get to the multiplayer menu; the game crashes when trying to load multiplayer. Has this occured for anyone else? Any fixes?

Sill4

I spec my geth trooper different to most people. no hunter mode. max shields. flamer for range etc. then use a scorpion x with extra ammo and heavy pistol barrell mods. pistol amp v with explosive rounds.

I usually top the boards with this. shoot mines on the floor around you or at the feet of phantoms or dragoons which staggers, then use the flame to clean them its my top class besides the AIU

This sounds great, I like it when a charaqcter is played differently than the norm. I have my Vorcha Soldier set up with Ranged flamer and a Saber, and he's a beast at long to mid range.

also, I took my Trooper back to gold this morning, stopped playing like an invincible Vorcha, and topped the board.

Looks like BSN might have figured out why the Spitfire sucks so much:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...-DPS-is-25-less-than-expected-16205810-1.html

It only fires at 600rpm, instead of the listed 800.

I can't get Gethy to this shit!

With some of the op stuff in this game, what's the harm in giving us a super heavy gun with slow wind up and HIGH damage?

DY_nasty

Cabal is incredible when you realize that it's a Soldier, not a Vanguard.

That is the secret.

37.5% weapon damage > 95% melee damage and Biotic Focus is a nice take on Adrenaline Rush. Tier 6 in Nightblades allow biotic explosions off of ammo powers and what not and it seems that poison DoT stacks with other DoT stuff too. (could be wrong about that, correct if wrong).

Mobility is still amazing and if you opt to never use Poison Strike ever then you can completely tank out weight for whatever weapons you need.

Melchiah

I just thought it would be interesting to see each others' stats.

K2ZIZWbl.jpg

I bet I'm one of the rookies among Gaf folk. BTW, does that top % mean the overall, or just the platform you're playing on? If the the latter, I imagine I'd be far lower on the overall spectrum, considering that the PS3 is the least common platform.

Chocobro

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=ChocobroBread&platform=xbox
Nothing too impressive based on that. Hard to believe I spent that much time on the multiplayer.

I think I'm going to pass on the Lodestar Platinum matches, not sure if I want to spend the time to try to do it. I was having more fun playing with other characters and grinding out some challenges. I got the Sniper banner; sniping is pretty fun when people aren't using powers around you. They should add something like Platinum medals because I had more than 30 headshots in this one silver cerberus game :p I was in the zone.

StUnNeR H2K

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=ChocobroBread&platform=xbox
Nothing too impressive based on that. Hard to believe I spent that much time on the multiplayer.

I think I'm going to pass on the Lodestar Platinum matches, not sure if I want to spend the time to try to do it. I was having more fun playing with other characters and grinding out some challenges. I got the Sniper banner; sniping is pretty fun when people aren't using powers around you. They should add something like Platinum medals because I had more than 30 headshots in this one silver cerberus game :p I was in the zone.

Woorloog

Banned
Cabal is incredible when you realize that it's a Soldier, not a Vanguard.

And start using Batarian Soldier.
A lot more health, armor and unlimited staggering area effect high damage power.
Like the Cabal but better.

Argh, gotta remember to take advantage of free XBLG while i still can, and get some games in.
I can always finish ME2 again later...

Melchiah

Goddam. I was right, that I was a rookie around these parts.

EDIT: Like others have said, I look at the +190 hours and sometimes think how the hell can I have put so many hours into this, but then again, it's not so much if you think it's during a year. And based on the hours per money spent, ME3 has given me more bang for the buck than any game before. EDIT.2: Well, perhaps Unreal Tournament series excluded.

Woorloog

Banned
I just noticed :D

Btw who do you guys use the Graal Spike Thrower with? I tried it with the AIU and got poor results. I was thinking maybe a character with Submission Net or Stasis.

Graal is more like a rifle than a shotgun. Good vs slow and/or big enemies, good for Batarian Sentinel. Or for sniping, if you can compensate for the travel time. Graal is not AIU's weapon, IMO, AIU needs a fast-to-use-weapon: Reegar, Piranha or some single shot shotgun with good damage or fast refire rate. IMO.

EDIT remember that you don't have to charge Graal though, charging gives it double damage but the base damage is pretty good too. IIRC. Also, can be re-fired pretty fast without charging, though small magazine is a problem.

DY_nasty

And start using Batarian Soldier.
A lot more health, armor and unlimited staggering area effect high damage power.
Like the Cabal but better.

Argh, gotta remember to take advantage of free XBLG while i still can, and get some games in.
I can always finish ME2 again later...

I don't know. Its close - the ability to teleport through platforms is pretty huge for me and Biotic Focus is better than Blade Armor.

Sill4

When I next play I'm going to give a Graal to my Shaman to see if it's effective. My Shaman is specced as an adapt so I hope it's not too heavy.

Also, I wish the shaman had a female krogan model and voice.

Woorloog

Banned
I don't know. Its close - the ability to teleport through platforms is pretty huge for me and Biotic Focus is better than Blade Armor.

Don't need the teleport as Batarian: A lot of health and damage reduction, light loadout, spam Ballistic Blades, staggering any enemies with your screen, killing weaklings, and bleeding the rest... I can hold a hallway alone pretty well with a Batarian Soldier.

Never cared for teleporting, too inconsistent, character gets sometimes to cover instead of teleporting or ends up in wrong place.

Xanathus

Don't need the teleport as Batarian: A lot of health and damage reduction, light loadout, spam Ballistic Blades, staggering any enemies with your screen, killing weaklings, and bleeding the rest... I can hold a hallway alone pretty well with a Batarian Soldier.

Never cared for teleporting, too inconsistent, character gets sometimes to cover instead of teleporting or ends up in wrong place.

The thing that makes the Cabal better than a BatSol is Biotic Focus' level 6 which restores shields which restores your shield gate at the press of a button. The 0.5 seconds of invulnerability also lets you get the hell out of dangerous situations. Being able to teleport through walls and up ledges is just icing on the cake.

To be fair, Inferno Grenades are great assuming you aren't playing on a map with bugged ammo crates but even then they would simply make the BatSol a more offensive counter-part to the Cabal.

Ugh reserve packs are being seriously shit for me.

Played pretty much all day doing gold runs with some buddies. Bought about 10 got NOTHING of worth. Just character customization and useless upgrades to weapon mods ill never use.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Gotta love successfully extracting on gold and and losing all your ~80k credits you just won after leaving the lobby....

raaage

You and your recently maxed manifest that has been curbed by the release of new DLC urghhhh

I'm still missing the AIU. I've got a Geth Spitfire I and an Adas Rifle I, and I'm missing everything else

Gives me a reason to keep playing at least, although I'm not a huge fan of most of the new stuff.

Tried Cabal in a platinum game. Worst class ever. Low health, without the DPS advantage. Poison is terrible, and ticks slowly for laughable damage. And the biotic focus is far too luck/lag based.

DY_nasty

Tried Cabal in a platinum game. Worst class ever. Low health, without the DPS advantage. Poison is terrible, and ticks slowly for laughable damage. And the biotic focus is far too luck/lag based.

I can pull 100k+ in Gold matches with the Cabal now but I wouldn't dream of taking it into a Platinum match.

Not until Poison gets a massive buff.

Biotic Focus is fine as long as you're not trying to trigger it while deepthroating a rocket. .5 seconds is a pretty big window (at least for all the people that are used to fighting games [online]) as it basically gives you the better part of a Brute's windup to prepare. The free gate it gives you is pretty big even if you op for continuous 40% damage reduction.

Its weird how its good up til Gold with just the Turian passives and Focus. Poison is useless and Nightshades are only worth having if you go all the way to tier 6 and get the exploding blades.

You and your recently maxed manifest that has been curbed by the release of new DLC urghhhh

I'm still missing the AIU. I've got a Geth Spitfire I and an Adas Rifle I, and I'm missing everything else

I dont have the new collector.

I have Adas at X, Executioner at X, no spitfire, no bloodpack SMG, no venom, no Prothien Particle Rifle either :/

Top Bottom