• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Ken

Can the upgrades to the rare weapons like the Geth Shotgun be found in the cheapest packs or are those just as rare as the main gun?

Just a guess, but I think the upgrades to guns = getting the base weapon. That is, if you want to get Geth Shotgun X, you need to get the Geth Shotgun ten times so you'd need to buy a pack with rare weapons.

Anyone know what the % increase from a level 1 gun to a level 10 gun? it can't be too much but it must be something, parts for the weapons jump quite a bit each time you find one, like 5%

Amp gear at level 1 feels like it's about 10%, not really that useful.

Hmm, I unlocked that earlier. Only thing is I never use a shotgun. Too concerned with going over weight carrying two weapons. =/

it shoots plasma balls so you can shoot across the map with it, charge to full power too.

Shotguns have their place, use it with a cloaking class to get 90% damage sneak boost and they pack a punch.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Make sure you're playing on Bronze difficulty, people are usually more lenient there.
If you're a level 1 in Silver or (god forbid) Gold, I instantly vote to kick. Players of that rank in those difficulties invariably end up being more of a hindrance than help.

I was definitely on Bronze. Finally got into my first match as a Sentinel - it was a lot tougher than I expected (then again there were only 3 of us on the team). The other two players were Vanguards, is that considered a better class? I usually play as Vanguard in the campaign so wanted to try something different in multi.

Ken

I was definitely on Bronze. Finally got into my first match as a Sentinel - it was a lot tougher than I expected (then again there were only 3 of us on the team). The other two players were Vanguards, is that considered a better class? I usually play as Vanguard in the campaign so wanted to try something different in multi.

All the classes (except the soldier, maybe) have their uses in MP.

played the retail multiplayer for the first time today to try and wash the taste of the ending out of my mouth

first game was on the fuel reactor, on wave 3 a nemesis glitched out

second game I glitched out on Giant

lol

Abylim

I'll ask this here: Any advice on Gold?
Also, to anyone have connection issues, My friend and I have been playing all weekend, Seems like Media server connection thing was causing us to not connect to each other. So if you cant connect to a buddy, see if thats checked? We tried everything, we reset my modem (we were playing in the same house, 2 ps3's) turned off our ps3's. reinstalled patch, etc.
We tried the media server thing, and it worked.

Also, to anyone have connection issues, My friend and I have been playing all weekend, Seems like Media server connection thing was causing us to not connect to each other. So if you cant connect to a buddy, see if thats checked? We tried everything, we reset my modem (we were playing in the same house, 2 ps3's) turned off our ps3's. reinstalled patch, etc.

Stick together on silver and bronze each player can be on different corner of the map alone and be fine on gold the enemies have way too much health and will swarm you if you are alone. If you want to farm credits do geth only matches and try and have your squad full of Salarians, Quarians, engineers, or Turian sentinels. They can abuse their powers on the geth and trivialize gold.

Dresden

Solo that shit.

Abylim

I'm going for Gold tonight (Australia time, sorry) and the coming days. If anyone wants to join in, my psn is Abylim. Not the best or anything, but I dont do badly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GAF is there a place where I can get a reference guide for multiplayer unlocks? Like rarity and such? My google-fu isn't good enough to find my some kind of useful, cumulative info source.

Ken

GAF is there a place where I can get a reference guide for multiplayer unlocks? Like rarity and such? My google-fu isn't good enough to find my some kind of useful, cumulative info source.
Someone posted a link to a thread on Bioware's forums about rarity a few pages back.

I finally got a black label weapon: the M-99 Saber. It is awesome.

Does anyone feel like reapers are more difficult than cerberus and the geth? The extraction round on silver is impossible with 5-6 banshees thrown at you.

Otherwise, 4 quarian infiltrators for geth gold appears to be the most effective way to get credits.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Holy fuck. Vanguard on Bronze is just so broken that I love it. With the Carniflex pistol, you can pretty much solo Cerberus and Geth.

I still have no clue how to deal with Reapers though. All the big enemies require distance, especially the banshee, so as a Vanguard you have zero options.

Does anyone feel like reapers are more difficult than cerberus and the geth? The extraction round on silver is impossible with 5-6 banshees thrown at you.

Otherwise, 4 quarian infiltrators for geth gold appears to be the most effective way to get credits.

Does it come with a scope? It doesn't in single player even though its supposed to.

Ken

Got my third N7 weapon, the Wraith, and an Avenger to X rank.

I wonder if an Avenger X is better than the Vindicator I?

RetroMG

So a few days ago I was complaining that none of my demo friends wanted to play the full version of the game. Now suddenly I have the opposite problem - I can't make any headway on the single player campaign without getting pulled into a multiplayer group.

I need some kind of anti-beacon.. Or I guess I could set myself to appear offline.

Jaffaboy

I'm absolutely loving the multiplayer, but seriously, what is wrong with most people not using their goddamn items? Everyone I play with never seems to use their rockets or Medi-gel. It's understandable for Bronze because it's easy to kill the harder enemies, but I'd rather not fail on a Wave 10 Silver when there were rockets available.

eek5

You need some engies to break down shields imo. Having some engineers will help take down the primes much faster

Ken

Seems like the human soldier's biggest problem is his inability to bring down barriers and shields well, which is too bad since his concussive shot does a great job of hitting and knocking down barrier-less Phantoms. Otherwise, it's a pretty fun class with Adrenaline Rush specced for durability.

X-Frame

Got my third N7 weapon, the Wraith, and an Avenger to X rank.

I wonder if an Avenger X is better than the Vindicator I?

I'm still waiting for my first N7 weapon. In fact, I've mostly just been getting character unlocks in my Spectre packages. Very little rare weapons.

Serious

I'm absolutely loving the multiplayer, but seriously, what is wrong with most people not using their goddamn items? Everyone I play with never seems to use their rockets or Medi-gel. It's understandable for Bronze because it's easy to kill the harder enemies, but I'd rather not fail on a Wave 10 Silver when there were rockets available.

I think some people are being stingier because a lot of people (including myself) are only buying Spectre packs, from which you seem to get much fewer consumables for the amount of credits you spend. I've been on the verge of being completely out of Medigel for quite a while, and I definitely haven't been using Medigel as much as I did in the demo, as well as missiles to a somewhat lesser extent.

Of course if the situation calls for it, I'll use a consumable without hesitation, but if I think I can pull it off without one, I do so.

Ken

I think some people are being stingier because a lot of people (including myself) are only buying Spectre packs, from which you seem to get much fewer consumables for the amount of credits you spend. I've been on the verge of being completely out of Medigel for quite a while, and I definitely haven't been using Medigel as much as I did in the demo, as well as missiles to a somewhat lesser extent.

Of course if the situation calls for it, I'll use a consumable without hesitation, but if I think I can pull it off without one, I do so.

I had 50+ medigels a few days ago. Now I have 0.

I blame being able to carry 4 medigels into combat.

I'm still waiting for my first N7 weapon. In fact, I've mostly just been getting character unlocks in my Spectre packages. Very little rare weapons.

You're not missing out on much. My second N7 weapon, the Talon Heavy Pistol, seems kind of terrible.

Squall516

ya, i dont really think the spectre packs are worth the money. Although I have to say the first one i got..I got a geth plasma shotgun lol. And that's pretty damn beastly lol ^_^

Xena

So, I tried playing the multiplayer today for a few hours. First off, I'm not into these kinds of games, so I'm sorry if it sounds dumb. But why on earth was I being called on using Shockwave and other biotic powers? Is there a reason why the guys were ticked off at it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm, one weird thing. I was talking to a random on Xbox live before I disconnected from the EA server ("lawl") and he was saying that the Fitness bonuses that give shield bonuses do not apply to classes that use Barriers (since they are not "shields"). Is that true?

Ken

So, I tried playing the multiplayer today for a few hours. First off, I'm not into these kinds of games, so I'm sorry if it sounds dumb. But why on earth was I being called on using Shockwave and other biotic powers? Is there a reason why the guys were ticked off at it?

No idea. Could just be people trying to line up shots and shockwave sends their target flying. Never used shockwave though so I have no idea.

Maybe it's just angry kids.

eek5

ya, i dont really think the spectre packs are worth the money. Although I have to say the first one i got..I got a geth plasma shotgun lol. And that's pretty damn beastly lol ^_^

I think spectre packs are great for later. In the beginning, vet packs are a better value since you'll get mods a lot cheaper. The maxed out mods make even average guns really good whereas you could be rolling forever on spectres just to get the gun you want.

some ally powers shake people's screens and are pretty annoying but I don't really care. some people might though..

Xena

Thanks for the replies! I guess I'll be hosting my own from now on. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something I wasn't supposed to.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Honestly at this point I'm pretty sure EA is trolling me.

Disconnect from EA servers in wave 8-10 in 7 of my 9 games so far and get ZERO.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Considering it's fucking EA I wouldn't be shocked if this was a way to trick people into buying packs with cash since apparently being 1/2 in all of those matches means jack shit.

/rage over.

Orca

I don't know what it is, but I've been getting kicked from games a ton regardless of what character I'm using. Sometimes I get booted before I even get the screen loaded.

I could understand if I was in a Silver matchup with a level 1, but this is Bronze and it happened with my level 19 Soldier with beefed up rare weapons. In one game it happened after I'd finished second in overall score, captured three of the four points, and revived a couple of teammates multiple times.

It's not trash talk or anything. I wasn't using the mic much in one game except to call out Banshee location, and didn't use it at all in another.

Now that I got the Soldier to 20 and threw him into the war effort I can't imagine how hard it's going to be to get into a game lol

Magik

The hell is wrong with the PS3 disk version?

Another instance of the game locking up the system at wave 10 on silver.

This is fucking ridiculous.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Second Spectre pack, after bitching about not getting weapons and characters...

inGNcYdag2SLX.JPG

AW YEAH

Is the Paladin (pistol) in MP? I've seen it in the SP and it's supposedly stronger than the Carnifex with a smaller clip.

Saw an asari adept using one a few days ago. I don't know how rare it is, but you can get it. I'm pretty sure everything except the N7 stuff you get from the collectors edition and the DLC guns are in the multiplayer.

Milly79

Yea, I have one. It's a black N-7 gun. Basically an upgraded Carnifex, and very, very awesome.

what's the exact clip size without mods? the carnifex is small as it is... I'd also imagine the paladin has increased weight.

I don't think I saw you using it the other night when we played very early in the morning. :p

Top Bottom