• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

what's the exact clip size without mods? the carnifex is small as it is... I'd also imagine the paladin has increased weight.

I don't think I saw you using it the other night when we played very early in the morning. :p

16 plus 4 in the clip. That's the only downside really. Weight is higher, but not too much so.

I don't think I had it when we played. Also don't use it on every class, but it's crazy good on my adept and engineer.

Ken

16 plus 4 in the clip. That's the only downside really. Weight is higher, but not too much so.

I don't think I had it when we played. Also don't use it on every class, but it's crazy good on my adept and engineer.
Sounds betters than the Talon and Wrath.

/sigh

Songbird

Prodigal Son
First night on retail MP was some good fun. Managed to unlock the Turian Soldier plus the Drell Adept and Vanguard. Also was lucky enough to get a version 2 Falcon for my soldier. I've been using the marksman skill's fire rate buff to lay down a ton of covering fire and it's great with cryo ammo. The rest of the team can pick off the groups that are stuck.

eek5

notbad.jpg

:notbad:

eek5

Cobra Missiles are so good, and yet no one on my team ever uses them. USE THEM.

I only use them in dire situations or money rounds. I've gotten +9000 time bonus on round 10 of gold before which pays for the missiles easily if the targets are geth primes.

DTKT

I had a Bronze team of 15+ fail because my team was incredibly dumb.

I had 50K+ points but my teammates were clueless. So frustrating...

Ikkarus

I now have a Turian soldier and sentinel.

WHY

Ha ha. I said the same exact thing when I unlocked them. I just want the Asari adept damnit!!

I heard that you can "prestige" or send your character in to the battle when you hit level 20? Where can you do that and what happens to your levelled character? Do you still have the race selectable or do you have to unlock it again?

eek5

Ha ha. I said the same exact thing when I unlocked them. I just want the Asari adept damnit!!

I heard that you can "prestige" or send your character in to the battle when you hit level 20? Where can you do that and what happens to your levelled character? Do you still have the race selectable or do you have to unlock it again?

You keep stuff like races and appearance unlocks. Class level gets set to 1.

X-Frame

I'm waiting to try this myself, but according to BSN you don't just send 1 character into the Single Player, you send ALL the 4 characters in that class. Since all level up at the same time, they all get reset back to 0 XP and Level 1.

And that is confusing since people keep saying "promoting a character" but it seems to be promoting a class.

I'm waiting to try this myself, but according to BSN you don't just send 1 character into the Single Player, you send ALL the 4 characters in that class. Since all level up at the same time, they all get reset back to 0 XP and Level 1.

And that is confusing since people keep saying "promoting a character" but it seems to be promoting a class.

None of mine reset. My Infiltrator was still 5.

Ikkarus

I got an Asari Vanguard in my free pack. Good luck or meh?

I'm rather sucky at this, it would seem.

It's decent. Although many would argue the human vanguard deals better damage than the asari. Stasis is amazing so max it out as soon as you can. Great for crowd control.

derFeef

I wanna give it a shot this evening but I don't really feel like playing with randoms and suspect getting yelled at a lot ;) So GAF can add me.

GAF: derFeef | Origin: derFeef

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Started this morning with an Engineer, don't know why I chose that class, probably because I don't think I've ever used a SP class with the abilities.

Quite enjoying it, though that last wave on a bronze can be painful to get through if a team isn't so great together.

eek5

So are dupes of weapons handled through weapon upgrades or what? Probably too early to say, but if so, will you still get dupes after you max out a weapon?

No but you still get character cards even after you max them out and get all the appearance unlocks :MAD:

The weapon mods don't show up anymore after and I'm 70-80% sure you no longer get the weapon upgrades after you hit 10. I think spamming veteran packs is a decent strat since it'll get most of the mods out of the way if this is truly the case*

LosDaddie

Banned
Good games last night, Maryleyman and see5harp!

I'm loving the MP so far, even if I'm still a lowly level 18 Vanguard. I've only played human vanguard so far, so all my 18 levels have gone to him, and he's getting pretty powerful.

Biotic Charge + Nova is a powerful combo.

Orca

Yeah I promoted my Soldier to the war effort and it resets all Soldiers to level 1 again.

GorillaJu

If you play Multiplayer enough, you'll get so much galactic readiness that you would never need the war assets from promoting your characters. I'd only do it for the trophy...

Ken

If you play Multiplayer enough, you'll get so much galactic readiness that you would never need the war assets from promoting your characters. I'd only do it for the trophy...
If there were cool unlocks when you reach a high N7 level, I could see myself promoting to get them.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I got a Turian Solider out of my first pack (I think Igot it because I got the Digital Collector's Edition)... I've been enjoying him a lot!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I think I'm gonna promote just to get as close as I can to the best ending, just to be sure.

Oh and because a Human Sentinel is a colossal waste of a class and I'm 17 or 18 levels through already.

I think I'm gonna promote just to get as close as I can to the best ending, just to be sure.

Oh and because a Human Sentinel is a colossal waste of a class and I'm 17 or 18 levels through already.

I got my Krogan Sentinel to level 20 last night, and while he's definitely a tank in the health/shield department, he's no where near as good as the other classes on a silver/gold. Incinerate, while great to spam, isn't that helpful on the higher difficulties. And it's too much of a waste to get more lift grenades. Still, a fun class to play with.

Ken

I got my Krogan Sentinel to level 20 last night, and while he's definitely a tank in the health/shield department, he's no where near as good as the other classes on a silver/gold. Incinerate, while great to spam, isn't that helpful on the higher difficulties. And it's too much of a waste to get more lift grenades. Still, a fun class to play with.
I find Incinerate to be very helpful against Cerberus for it's "stun" effect. It also seems good against armor.

Zabka

After going for Spectre packs I can carry 4 rockets and 3 medi-gels but still haven't received barrel upgrades for any of the guns. I think I'll stick to veteran packs for the time being.

Hrm, one weird thing. I was talking to a random on Xbox live before I disconnected from the EA server ("lawl") and he was saying that the Fitness bonuses that give shield bonuses do not apply to classes that use Barriers (since they are not "shields"). Is that true?

No, he's an idiot. You can see for yourself on the skills screen... just note what your barriers are before you put points in then look at it after.

I now have a Turian soldier and sentinel.

WHY

Don't knock the Sentinel... it's a useful support class that is handy in a variety of situations. Warp is great against armor/barriers, and Overload is great against mechs (and with Neural Shock it's handy against organics too). Tech Armor makes him really sturdy with the damage reduction too.

LosDaddie

Banned
I've done 2 Spectre packs, and about 3 Veteran packs. My last pack was a Spectre, and I'm going for a few Veteran packs next.

I use my AR about 70% of the time, and my Geth shotty the other 30%. I'm hoping to get another/better AR in one of these packs.

What I really want to get the last upgrade to my Alliance Training for the 20% weight reduction.

DTKT

Any skill requiring grenades is really problematic on silver/gold. You simply can't camp an ammo box.

It's too much of a liability.

Orca

Yeah, I wanted to reset the class and try some different skills though and never got a respec in a box.

AColdDay

I got an Asari Vanguard in my free pack. Good luck or meh?

I'm rather sucky at this, it would seem.

I have to admit that I have always really sucked at online multiplayer and I'm getting tired of seeing a huge gap in performance when I finish a mission.

I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing that I am on equal standing with my teammates.

Would there be any interest in a separate gaf team for people who suck?

JOIN ME MY BROTHERS

Platform: PC
origin id: jred2

JOIN ME MY BROTHER

eek5

First time I've had one of these. Joined mid way into 2nd round and all 3 of them were on the floor. Solo'd like 3 or 4 rounds after they died later on lol

carried.jpg

Don't knock the Sentinel... it's a useful support class that is handy in a variety of situations. Warp is great against armor/barriers, and Overload is great against mechs (and with Neural Shock it's handy against organics too). Tech Armor makes him really sturdy with the damage reduction too.

QFT. I've got a Level 20 Turian Sentinel. It's pretty great, especially against Geth. And it doesn't seem to have the same deficiencies against Reapers and Cerberus that another Geth killer, the Quarian Infiltrator, has.

First time I've had one of these. Joined mid way into 2nd round and all 3 of them were on the floor. Solo'd like 3 or 4 rounds after they died later on lol

Wow. The guy with GT Wrenauld Jr went through 11 waves and only ended up with a score of 15k? Weak, even for a Level 7 Vanguard.

eek5

Wow. The guy with GT Wrenauld Jr went through 11 waves and only ended up with a score of 15k? Weak, even for a Level 7 Vanguard.

They squad wiped on the 2nd wave and the 4th guy must've been so disgusted that he quit which allowed me to match in. That dude would run off on his own and get killed far away from everyone each wave. smh

Any skill requiring grenades is really problematic on silver/gold. You simply can't camp an ammo box.

It's too much of a liability.

It's not about the camping, it's about the resupply rate... it's much slower on silver/gold.

With that said though, that's what all those thermal clip packs are for. For some reason, the game decides to give me so many thermal clips that I've got over 35, yet only about 4-5 each of launchers/gels and ONE survival pack.

I've been levelling up a Drell Adept lately and you best BELIEVE I'm spamming grenades in later waves on Silver.

Btw, Drell Adept... great fun. Reave/Pull are not quite as strong as the Asari's Stasis/Warp but Cluster grenades are strong, can be upgraded to throw 3 shrapnel and can also detonate biotic explosions. Too bad he's so squishy, but Reave helps out there a bit.

tjohn86

QFT. I've got a Level 20 Turian Sentinel. It's pretty great, especially against Geth. And it doesn't seem to have the same deficiencies against Reapers and Cerberus that another Geth killer, the Quarian Infiltrator, has.

Double QFT. I love my Turian Sentinel. Dat overload.

eek5

It's not about the camping, it's about the resupply rate... it's much slower on silver/gold.

With that said though, that's what all those thermal clip packs are for. For some reason, the game decides to give me so many thermal clips that I've got over 35, yet only about 4-5 each of launchers/gels and ONE survival pack.

Does the pack resupply all your grenades?

Also, the resupply rate isn't that bad. It is like 30-45s on gold (I have not clocked it though). For Quarian Infiltrator it works out really well. If you play on Firebase White, there are so many boxes that you'll be able to hit the ammo box in between snipe/cloak cycles. The sticky grenade w/ proximity does a ton of damage too. Another bonus is you can throw all of them while cloaked without breaking cloak so you can easily flank, throw them on the ground and flee. I'm actually considering getting:

Increase damage to armored units by 50%.

instead of the 3rd sticky grenade. The only thing I don't really like is the flat trajectory.

The biggest turnoff with sticky resupply is that at the beginning of a round if you used them all at once then you'll only start the wave with 1 or 2 but I don't find it to be that bad.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Any recommendations on Quarian Infiltrator builds+loadout? I've heard they're good for taking on Gold, and I'm in dire need of money.

I feel like my Level 20 Vanguard, while being amazing in Bronze and Silver, will get decimated in Gold.

Double QFT. I love my Turian Sentinel. Dat overload.

I put all my points into Warp. Sentinel's make me second guess myself in how to allocate points. There are so many options.

Top Bottom