• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

A full team of Quarian Infiltrators is definitely the way to go to beat Gold. Have 2 people with Snipers and two people with Assault Rifles/Shotguns for the guys that get too close and it's almost a done deal if your team is smart. Best place to do it is on Firebase Giant with the Geth.

It's so awesome to have the progress of the single player campaign partially tied to a multiplayer mode where every lobby I join I get booted. I can only imagine it's my characters level causing the other assholes in the lobby to do this.

Ken

It's so awesome to have the progress of the single player campaign partially tied to a multiplayer mode where every lobby I join I get booted. I can only imagine it's my characters level causing the other assholes in the lobby to do this.

Set the difficulty to bronze?

Roll with Gaffers. What platform are you on?

X-Frame

Servers are offline on the 360? Was just booted from a glorious Gold match - Thanks EA!

Honestly, we had myself and another as Quarian Infiltrators, an Asari Adept, and a Human Adept -- and before we DC'ed on Level 8 we were literally running over everyone.

The Asari Adept was Stasis'ing everything but the Primes and Pyro's, the Human Adept was throwing Shockwaves every 1.2 seconds so that every Geth was falling over on their ass and then me and the other QL were hacking and cleaning up the mess with our rifles.

Compared to a previous match with me and 3 other Quarian Infiltrators, it took a lot longer and we all almost died several times.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I played online for the very first time last night, after completing the campaign.

I only played one "match", which I think lasted 10 or 12 waves? Anyway, three questions:

I'm playing on PC.

1) How do you climb up and down ladders? I tried spacebar, running into it, and a variety of keys, and nothing worked.

2) After about wave 4, I could no longer gather ammo. Thus, I had zero ammo for the next several waves until the end of the game. I tried different ammo buckets. Is there something I'm missing?

3) What's the default key for voice chat, and the default key for type?

THANKS!

Ken

I played online for the very first time last night, after completing the campaign.

I only played one "match", which I think lasted 10 or 12 waves? Anyway, three questions:

I'm playing on PC.

1) How do you climb up and down ladders? I tried spacebar, running into it, and a variety of keys, and nothing worked.

2) After about wave 4, I could no longer gather ammo. Thus, I had zero ammo for the next several waves until the end of the game. I tried different ammo buckets. Is there something I'm missing?

3) What's the default key for voice chat, and the default key for type?

THANKS!

1) You just walk up to it and you should automatically go up the ladder.
2) Ammo respawns at boxes after a few seconds so maybe someone else had just gone by and grabbed the respawn? Either that or you glitched.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
1) You just walk up to it and you should automatically go up the ladder.
2) Ammo respawns at boxes after a few seconds so maybe someone else had just gone by and grabbed the respawn? Either that or you glitched.

I tried both those things... I'm thinking my very first game glitched ;p

Thanks!

eek5

I tried both those things... I'm thinking my very first game glitched ;p

Thanks!

AFAIK only one person can be on a ladder at a time so if someone was on it it might have prevented you from going up.

Ladders are a death trap anyway. It's a lot safer to sprint up ramps even if it is a longer distance. Also if you're up top you can roll over the edge instead of climbing down which is a lot faster. Watch out if you have no shields and <1 bar of health though because you can take fall damage and die.

It's really annoying seeing all the low level players coming into gold lobbies, and even more annoying when only 2 of you are voting the guy out; Like the third guy thinks it's okay to tackle the geth while one of us runs around as a level 4 solider trying to solo everything :/

The "Any Challange" option shouldn't be set to as a default, it should be set to bronze.

Edit: is there an option to mute players in game?

eek5

A full team of Quarian Infiltrators is definitely the way to go to beat Gold. Have 2 people with Snipers and two people with Assault Rifles/Shotguns for the guys that get too close and it's almost a done deal if your team is smart. Best place to do it is on Firebase Giant with the Geth.

I like having engineers to take down primes really fast. Two engies can hold any choke against geth too so on smaller maps or tight corridors they can absolutely wreck.

Infiltrators are good for 4 terminal objectives w/ cloak and sabotage is great as long as everyone isn't hacked at once which is problematic with 4 infiltrators.

It's really annoying seeing all the low level players coming into gold lobbies, and even more annoying when only 2 of you are voting the guy out; Like the third guy thinks it's okay to tackle the geth while one of us runs around as a level 4 solider trying to solo everything :/

The "Any Challange" option shouldn't be set to as a default, it should be set to bronze.

Edit: is there an option to mute players in game?

It's annoying but it's Bioware's fault not the players. I always tell them that they should back out and change the last option to bronze or silver and matchmake again since default is "any". Usually I don't even have to boot them and they just leave.

Mindlog

I've had that bug. Just keep trying or dash to another ammo box. I haven't been able to figure out why it happens yet. This may also be ties to the incredibly annoying 'No Damage' bug.

In the demo a lot of players used their missiles too early. Now, no one ever uses their missiles :\ You just saw me clear the overrun capture point so we can get setup. Use your missiles when we're surrounded. (not you, the other guy)

eek5

cobra.jpg

Finally! Score :D

Ties

Banned
I was thinking of running Asari Vanguard as my main class now, but I can't seem to find the proper build. Last time I maxed out everything but the Lift Grenades. How exactly do you play as this class? You can't approach the enemy with a biotic charge because of the lack of Nova, and I lack a Carnifex at the moment so I can't headshot anyone! Any tips?

Also I can't seem to get any Quarian classes. I have everything but the Quarians, they hate me haha.

Ties

Banned
Vanguards are so so good on Gold. They rip through enemy hordes in seconds with the proper build. Geths are no match for a good Vanguard, but you have to be careful with Reapers and Centurions because of the one hit kills the Phantom and Banshee sport though.

My Vanguard build is basically this:
Max out Nova and Biotic Charge first.
Max out everything but Shockwave. I never found any particularly useful uses for Shockwave because Biotic Charge and Nova are just too OP, and you're better off maxing out Fitness and Alliance Training for the bonuses. I highly recommend using a Shuriken or another light weight weapon with Vanguard so you have 200% power recharge and you can simply spam Biotic Charge and Nova all day.
For the fourth (or fifth?) Nova upgrade go with the "chance to use Nova again after using Nova" to better deal with hordes.

Just lost all of my multiplayer progress. Guns gone, medigel and other such items gone, mods gone, non-human characters besides the one I was playing gone. Fantastic!

Ken

Just lost all of my multiplayer progress. Guns gone, medigel and other such items gone, mods gone, non-human characters besides the one I was playing gone. Fantastic!
Was it random or were you in the store while readied fo a game? Pretty scary and makes me not want to play until they fix it. :(

Was it random or were you in the store while readied fo a game? Pretty scary and makes me not want to play until they fix it. :(

I may have been, I am honestly not sure. I thought you weren't able to be ready when in the store or did that not make it from the demo to the retail?

eek5

I may have been, I am honestly not sure. I thought you weren't able to be ready when in the store or did that not make it from the demo to the retail?

You can be in the store but you can't buy if you're readied. Seems dumb and easy to patch if you ask me (if that's really waht is causing it)

You can be in the store but you can't buy if you're readied. Seems dumb and easy to patch if you ask me (if that's really waht is causing it)

Needless to say I am not in a good mood. Between this and the thing that everyone is upset about in the single player I think I am done with this game for awhile.

Rokam

So once I get my % up to 100 it stays there no matter what correct? Don't have an active gold account, except the free 2 days.

Vanguards are so so good on Gold. They rip through enemy hordes in seconds with the proper build. Geths are no match for a good Vanguard, but you have to be careful with Reapers and Centurions because of the one hit kills the Phantom and Banshee sport though.

My Vanguard build is basically this:
Max out Nova and Biotic Charge first.
Max out everything but Shockwave. I never found any particularly useful uses for Shockwave because Biotic Charge and Nova are just too OP, and you're better off maxing out Fitness and Alliance Training for the bonuses. I highly recommend using a Shuriken or another light weight weapon with Vanguard so you have 200% power recharge and you can simply spam Biotic Charge and Nova all day.
For the fourth (or fifth?) Nova upgrade go with the "chance to use Nova again after using Nova" to better deal with hordes.

I'd love to do this. But my god Vanguards are the most obnoxious mofo's to have on your team, it's like a coked up 5 year old with a rubber bat. Just running around, *NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA*. Never works with the rest of the team. So now I will never be one :(

derFeef

I had this once, with me even being the leader - high level dudes can be so dickish. Did not have problems otherwise as I had good and civilized games with other randoms.

Ikkarus

cobra.jpg

Finally! Score :D

I'm more jealous of the fact you have your Geth Shotgun at level 3!

Is it just me or do people only remember to use their rockets on a Atlus? I know they are easy to hit with a rocket but playing on Gold or Silver and facing Brutes and Banshee's at the same time in close proximity is just screaming for a rocket to go off, but alas no-one except me let's a rocket go off on them. I'm only referring to the later waves too (8-11).

eek5

Is it just me or do people only remember to use their rockets on a Atlus? I know they are easy to hit with a rocket but playing on Gold or Silver and facing Brutes and Banshee's at the same time in close proximity is just screaming for a rocket to go off, but alas no-one except me let's a rocket go off on them. I'm only referring to the later waves too (8-11).

Hah I keep getting the spike thrower and geth shotgun but I don't even use shotguns!

respec.jpg

I got this which is pretty cool. Not sure if I'll ever use it since I can level up characters so fast.

Cerberus is still the best enemy group in the multiplayer. Geth just feel awful cheap and boring when fighting them. Reapers are just annoying as hell but not really strong.

Sober

I'd love to do this. But my god Vanguards are the most obnoxious mofo's to have on your team, it's like a coked up 5 year old with a rubber bat. Just running around, *NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA*. Never works with the rest of the team. So now I will never be one :(
You all get the same XP and credits at the end, so what does it matter? If they are truly terrible at Vanguard it will show. Like having to be revived 5 times a wave or something. You can nova whenever in bronze games but starting with silver you need to be careful before hitting it.

I used a rocket for a maurauder high valued target, surrounded with cannibals/husk. I got something like 5 kills from the rocket and the 2500 points bonus for Multikill. So good.

Done it again against a brute/banshee/cannibal group. Got the two multikill medals

Really wish they'd add a level filter to that as well. You're level 1, get the fuck back to Bronze and out of the Gold/Silver lobby!

I also agree that Cerberus is the most fun to fight. Reapers are the worst and I don't really get any fun out of fighting them. For all the hate they get, at least Phantoms have some weaknesses and can't instant kill you through full shields, unlike Banshees. And you can use stasis on them. Turrets are irritating as shit and should have been toned down - especially given how engineers can spam them - but for the most part there's a good balance between their strengths and their weaknesses.

Geth as a Vanguard is good fun because they tend to cluster together and nova with pierce can tear right through their defences, but I find them a bit boring to fight as the other classes. Might be more fun if I had a Quarian infiltrator and could have them though...

I also think that Reapers need to have a bit of balance tweaking as they seem much more powerful compared to the other enemies. Any weaknesses are minor compared to the strengths of each unit. And when you have 2 Brutes, plus 2 Banshees backed up with Ravagers and a hacking objective it's just hell.. and this is on silver with high level characters... at least the Atlas mechs are slow...

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
The assault rifle that shoots grenades is a bit lolworthy. Takes out most enemies and surrounds in 2-3 shots with an 8 mag. And you can lob around corners/cover!

Top Bottom