• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Could be one of those two unavailable store packs (like the one that's supposed to be for loyal fans or something), or like the article suggests, exclusive figure DLC.

X-Frame

I have been saving up for Spectre packs but I feel I am generally ill-equipped for missions now because I only have 1 Medi-Gel, 1 sniper rifle, and little weapon mods.

I am going to stick exclusively with Veteran packs as I will obviously get 3x the amount of unlocks. I think it is best to stick with Recruit/Veterans when starting out and then moving to Spectre's after you've already unlocked a lot of stuff.

For example, how much of a difference in weight is the Mantis I over the Mantis X?

What the hell would a Justicar or Battlemaster be?

Exactly my point. It seems to be a fake.

Although, Wrex is a Krogan Battlemaster which is a Vanguard in ME1 so maybe that -- but the Asari Adept's passive now is Asari Justicar (should've been Asari Commando) .. so that ruins the rumor I think.

I'll ask this again: what's the optimal build for Human Engineer? I assume it involves ignoring the Combat Drone, but how do you spec between the remaining abilities?

X-Frame

I'll ask this again: what's the optimal build for Human Engineer? I assume it involves ignoring the Combat Drone, but how do you spec between the remaining abilities?

Personally, I would max Drone, Incinerate, and Overload, and then go to (I think) Rank 4 with the remaining two passives.

Overload is the obvious "best" power, and Incinerate for armor situations, but the Drone with rockets is also not to be underestimated. For me, it not only draws enemy attention but does pretty decent damage with the rockets and if you pick the Stun upgrade it will shock enemies too.

Balphon

I wouldn't put more than a point in Drone until everything else is maxed and I'd avoid the last level of alliance training. Take damage/cooldown/armor damage for Incinerate. Overload is a bit more arguable, but I'd skip the first chain overload upgrade in favor of the second and take neural shock over cooldown. Fitness should be self-explanatory. If you follow this exactly, you'll end up with 5 extra points that you can just dump in Drone.

Croc

Banned
I wish there was a way to vote to boot someone during a match. It's getting kind of annoying when people join in and then just wait there doing nothing just to get experience.

Sober

I wish there was a way to vote to boot someone during a match. It's getting kind of annoying when people join in and then just wait there doing nothing just to get experience.
Experience is trivial compared to credits. That coupled with someone AFKing just makes it so you don't get many credits as you could (time bonuses). Dunno why people bother jumping into a ~20 minute match just to AFK in it.

I think they're trying to entice people to promote their characters in over to start over.

I think they're trying to entice people to spend money on Spectre packs.

It penalizes new players. I had no clue what I was doing with my first couple of characters (arguably now still...), so now I have relatively useless builds sitting around, and I have to either 1) keep playing with them to roll them over, or 2) hoard all the money I make on my good build to randomly get the coin to fix a bad build.

Ken

I think they're trying to entice people to spend money on Spectre packs.

It penalizes new players. I had no clue what I was doing with my first couple of characters (arguably now still...), so now I have relatively useless builds sitting around, and I have to either 1) keep playing with them to roll them over, or 2) hoard all the money I make on my good build to randomly get the coin to fix a bad build.

Doesn't take that long to get to 20.

It's also nice that there's a human male and female to experiment a few builds with.

Any tips for playing a Human adept?

Doesn't take that long to get to 20.

It's also nice that there's a human male and female to experiment a few builds with.

Warp, Singularity, ????, profit

Adept was my favorite in the beta, but now I find Engineer to be the most fun. Overload is insanely good.

Orca

Adept was by far my favourite in the beta, but I still haven't gotten the Asari Adept yet. I think it's the only class/species combo I haven't unlocked :(

Ken

Warp, Singularity, ????, profit

Adept was my favorite in the beta, but now I find Engineer to be the most fun. Overload is insanely good.

Singularity seems kind of bleh once you get to Wave 8+ when most enemies can't be affected by its pull ability. Specifically, the Geth.

if the MP side of things gets dlc I hope it's something worth while, I don't think having new characters would work well after a month or so, people will get bored grinding for boxes or for pointless level 20 promotions back to 1 again.

There needs to be more of a goal.

Sober

Singularity seems kind of bleh once you get to Wave 8+ when most enemies can't be affected by its pull ability. Specifically, the Geth.
Asari adept and Human Sentinel are much more fun coming from someone who enjoyed Adept during the demo. Warp+Throw feels much better vs. Singularity especially when you only have 3 abilities to use. Asari Adept has stasis iirc and human sentinel with the tech armour is just durable as hell. Singularity feels like a waste coming out of Brozne. You're better off speccing 15m range on shockwave and detonating warp with that if you plan on playing silver+gold with it.

Ken

Asari adept and Human Sentinel are much more fun coming from someone who enjoyed Adept during the demo. Warp+Throw feels much better vs. Singularity especially when you only have 3 abilities to use. Asari Adept has stasis iirc and human sentinel with the tech armour is just durable as hell. Singularity feels like a waste coming out of Brozne. You're better off speccing 15m range on shockwave and detonating warp with that if you plan on playing silver+gold with it.

Yeah, I had fun with Sentinel but I already promoted that so I wanted to try something new.

That's nothing.

Worse still are the 1st to 9th level characters signing up for a Gold challenge. : /

Westraid

New DLC?

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imag...oware/masseffect3/DLCrumor/ME3dlcrumor610.jpg
Batarian Soldier, Geth Infiltrator, Geth Engineer, Batarian Sentinal, Krogan Battlemaster, and Asari Justicar

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/12/rumor
Awesome! I would love to play as a Geth character. Or a Volus, but we'll wait for the next pack. OvO
Until then I'm very pleased with my Drellguard. I was lucky to get it pretty early, my friend has been buying pack after pack and still no luck. Last pack gave me 3 characters. Would like to get some better weapons now though, but I can manage.

Balphon

Get the debuff upgrades for warp and take every upgrade to biotic detonations you can. Human adepts are in some situations actually better at creating detonations by themselves than Asari and Drell due to generally shorter cooldowns and the fact that shockwave goes through walls/ceilings. However, you'll be handicapped by the fact that you won't have a reliable way to create a detonation on a shielded/etc. target at long range, so you'll probably be better off sticking to smaller maps with a lot of ramps and ladders (Ghost, Reactor) rather than the bigger, more open ones (Dagger, White). Really, it's just unfortunate that singularity kinda blows, particularly when compared to stasis.

Human Adept Shockwave is broke.

I'm still trying to pinpoint the breaking criteria, but every single game I use the human adept the Shockwave will stop functioning before wave 10 is completed. It's so frustrating because the first half of the game is glorious with crowds of enemies falling to my biotic ability. But later when the shit hits the fan and I need it more than ever, it just doesn't work. It isn't just me, either... here are some other threads I found about it

bioware social

gamespot forum

different BW social

I've demonstrated it to other people in the game and they see the same problem: shockwave "fires" and looks right, but nothing happens. sigh. Adepts beware

sophora

if the MP side of things gets dlc I hope it's something worth while, I don't think having new characters would work well after a month or so, people will get bored grinding for boxes or for pointless level 20 promotions back to 1 again.

There needs to be more of a goal.

give me a geth character to play please...though I think I'd be confused if I was fighting against geth

Ken

Yeeeeeah not feeling the Human Adept. Seems like a class designed to do AoE damage and control the movement of enemies, but Singularity is underwhelming and Shockwave is bleh.

I never thought I'd say it but I think the adept is weaker than the soldier. =/

Yeeeeeah not feeling the Human Adept. Seems like a class designed to do AoE damage and control the movement of enemies, but Singularity is underwhelming and Shockwave is bleh.

I never thought I'd say it but I think the adept is weaker than the soldier. =/

I'd have to heartily disagree with you, Ken, as I find the soldier to be particularly lacking. An adept equipped with a weapon that removes shields (good SMG, etc) is a force to be reckoned with against any enemy faction. They suck much more once Shockwaves shits the bed, though. Properly trained, the adept can loose a warp biotic at a high rate of speed, and biotic explosions are nothing to be doubted.

Ken

I'd have to heartily disagree with you, Ken, as I find the soldier to be particularly lacking. An adept equipped with a weapon that removes shields (good SMG, etc) is a force to be reckoned with against any enemy faction. They suck much more once Shockwaves shits the bed, though. Properly trained, the adept can loose a warp biotic at a high rate of speed, and biotic explosions are nothing to be doubted.
Biotic explosions are great when they go off, and with how random Singularity likes to fling enemies out (and the terrible Warp targeting in crowds), getting biotic explosions off whenever you want can be challenging. Singularity does nothing to armored units too, like Geth Primes and Pyros. Also, what do you do when you have a Ravager shooting at you? I guess you coud spam Warps, but the Human Sentinel could Warp into Throw for biotic explosions.

I'll agree that the soldier is lacking in utility (I thought he was one of the worst classes in the game, especially for silver/gold). He has no powers to bring down barriers and shields like Overload, and no easy way to burn through armor like Incinerate does. However, they still can do a ton of damage. A soldier using a Falcon VII spamming adrenaline rush whenever it's up is going to do a lot more damage faster than the human adept, although both classes seem to struggle with barrier units, IMO.

Maybe I'm just playing the adept incorrectly but I wasn't having fun.

What adept and build are you using because I haven't had much success with Adept except the Asari.

what this game needs is an in-game tick box for things like each character to x level, each map done on bronze, silver, gold, no death runs and such.

Guess it's too much to ask for this version, no way any of that is being worked on now.

Balphon

Biotic explosions are great when they go off, and with how random Singularity likes to fling enemies out (and the terrible Warp targeting in crowds), getting biotic explosions off whenever you want can be challenging. Singularity does nothing to armored units too, like Geth Primes and Pyros. Also, what do you do when you have a Ravager shooting at you? I guess you coud spam Warps, but the Human Sentinel could Warp into Throw for biotic explosions.

Warp -> Shockwave works fine at everything except long range. Shockwave has a few advantages over throw in that it goes through walls and can't be dodged.

I do, however, agree that Warp -> Throw is probably the more reliable combination overall, which is part of the reason why I'd take the Asari Adept over the Human.

Ken

what this game needs is an in-game tick box for things like each character to x level, each map done on bronze, silver, gold, no death runs and such.

Guess it's too much to ask for this version, no way any of that is being worked on now.

I wouldn't mind singing them release an updated, standalone version of the MP with actual armor customization, more weapons, and more freedom in character building. The MP seems pretty fun so I wouldn't mind more of it.

I do, however, agree that Warp -> Throw is probably the more reliable combination, which is part of the reason why I'd take the Asari Adept over the Human.

It's a silly reason but I don't play the Asari over the Human because of their appearance.

Sober

Throw is a better nuke since you can spam it. Warp is only for big targets or to prime an explosion (on big targets) or for things that need to be focused down. Just be sure to grab the expose and pierce branches to debuff enemies.

Also you can spec throw for increased hit radius so messing up a throw might still cause a detonation even if you miss the intended target.

Singularity would suck less if units that were armoured/shielded that stumbled into it actually ... stumbled around.

Ken

Seeing the galaxy map at 100% all the time gets boring. Kind of wish they divided up the galaxy by difficulty, and the middle would be for well-geared people or something where gold difficulty is bronze there.

Squall516

10 Spectre packs and still no Widow or Asari Adept.

Fuck this random system that's clearly designed for the sole purpose of milking this game for money, rather than legitimately being a good progression system.

I don't want to be a dick or anything, but I've only gotten 3 spectre packs so far, and the first one i got geth plasma shotty, 2nd i got quarian infiltrator and salarian engineer and the disciple or w.e, and the 3rd one I got asari adept and grael spike shotgun. So i'm really surprised. I thought they were going to be a gimmick and absolute waste of money to trick people into buying this shit. But I have to say I've actually gotten very very good stuff from only a couple of them so idk. Might actually be worth it *shrug*

And as for the new DLC classes and what not. I think that would be really cool and worth it, if they are distinctly different from the other classes that we have right now. If just adding like 1 different ability, i don't think it would really be worth it. But ya it would be pretty weird and i bet confusing to play as a get vs. the geth hahaha :p

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Just had an awesome round on Firebase Reactor with my Turian. Got first place too, just a pity there's no Heavy style vocalisation that plays when I empty out an entire extended Revenant magazine.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
God, the cover system is killing me. NO I DONT WANT TO STICK TO THAT SMALL WALL IN FRONT OF A GETH PRIME.

:|

It has mostly bugged me while trying to revive an ally only to be sucked to the wall.

DarkKyo

It's kind of lame you need to unlock the same class so many times to get all its customization options. You want to be able to fully customize him early on-- not when you're done with the class and/or done with ME3 multiplayer all together. Full customization somewhere down the road is not enough motivation to keep one playing just for that end. I've played so much MP since the game came out and I only have an extra customization option or two for just one or two classes. It blows.

Ken

Just had an awesome round on Firebase Reactor with my Turian. Got first place too, just a pity there's no Heavy style vocalisation that plays when I empty out an entire extended Revenant magazine.

I have my Revenant modded for 100 rounds per clip, so I can spam that for a minute and use Adrenaline Rush for a free reload into another 100 rounds. Feels pretty awesome lol.

It's kind of lame you need to unlock the same class so many times to get all its customization options. You want to be able to fully customize him early on-- not when you're done with the class and/or done with ME3 multiplayer all together. Full customization somewhere down the road is not enough motivation to keep one playing just for that end. I've played so much MP since the game came out and I only have an extra customization option or two for just one or two classes. It blows.

Customization is silly in this game. Modifying the lights on a Quarian changes the single dot on her chin, while changing the lights on the Human Sentinel/Adept armor has a lot more impact.

I bought two damn Spectre packs both give me Characters I already have. I've bought at least 10 Spectre packs and I only have two gold weapons and the N7 Javelin the RNG fucking hates me. I still don't even have pistol besides the Predator.

Squall516

ya the cover system really really pisses me off. I always want to run or roll or something or revive someone not freaking duck into cover. Who the hell designed that 1 button to practically do everything. It's really poor design.

As for the customization. I think it's really really stupid too. I was hoping that it would be something maybe like they have in Halo. Where they have a few different pieces of armor and you can interchange them and change the color. That would have been 100x better. Cause i'm not going to give a shit to change the pattern or lights or something after im like lvl 20 and have played the hell out of that class lol. I still don't get why they didn't put this into ME2. Cause if they did they would have had soooo much feedback and time to make this way way better. It would be absolutely amazing by now. Pretty dumb move i think.

Top Bottom