• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

MNC

The thing I'm bummed about most is that Bioware isn't a dev that does alot of post release support. If we would be talking about, say Valve, or some indie devs, we would probably be getting more and more races and even Voluses/Volii (lol?) and the likes :( I wonder how much attention they're going to put in post release support at all.

Any Engineer tips?

Chain Overload x2 and reduced CD is what I used (while Neural shock is a nice CC, it screws with headshots). Dont forget about Incinerate, great for armored targets. I didn't really put any points into the drone, used it to turn around guardians and a cheap distraction. Engineer is definitely a spam class, grab a nice pistol and just spam Overload on anything but armored targets.

Max the combat drone (damage and health) and get the flamethrower turrets (good vs. phantoms)

Lol our advice couldn't be more different. Good thing there's 2 human engineers, you can try both builds :D

I'm finally rolling that Human vanguard. Up to level 11 now and charge + nova is really powerfull. Now quiet satisfied with shotgun though my shotgun... the Katana VI. I want a claymore or a geth shoty

Milly79

The thing I'm bummed about most is that Bioware isn't a dev that does alot of post release support. If we would be talking about, say Valve, or some indie devs, we would probably be getting more and more races and even Voluses/Volii (lol?) and the likes :( I wonder how much attention they're going to put in post release support at all.

Well, I only wish for maps honestly. More races/classes would be cool, however I don't think the MP was made to last. I have a lot of fun with it, but I can't see it having huge pop. numbers after a few months.

Achtius

we should at least get more customization for armor/helmet

Can someone tell me a bit about how I should build a Quarian Infiltrator?

I hear that Sabotage was nerfed (and Geth were buffed), so I'm not sure what to build this thing for (I just unlocked it). Seems like Human Infiltrator would be better, right?

Sabotage is useful against just geth, right? Does it do ANYTHING to reapers? Does it affect Cerberus? (Probably turrets and maybe Atlas?)

But Cryoblast is the human counterpart and seems at least somewhat useful against everyone--it slows them down, does damage, and weakens armor.

They both have sticky grenades, but I'm not really a fan of those (ammo, blah)--and again, they both have it.

What's everyone doing with their Quarian Infiltrators now?

Kaper

Heh is it weird that I love playing this on PC because of this

images

mapped all my powers to the buttons for east access :)

It's not just you, heh. I use it a lot more in single player, though. 1/4/7, 2/5/8, 3/6 for squadmates.

Turian soldiers can't roll ?

Edit: I though it was because I had too much equipement (-150% recharge speed) but no, even with +100% I still can't roll. Soldiers can't roll ?

Alucrid

Banned
Specing tac cloak for using 1 power gives you almost invincibility too. I'll just wait until I have partial shields, cloak, then energy drain someone with shields to fully recharge mine then snipe them lol

So should I go with

Tac Cloak - 40% dmg, 30% recharge, one power
Energy Drain - 30% dmg, Inc shield restore (since it'll always use my Tac cloak CD anyways), not sure, 40% dmg or reduced dmg?

Need help with Salarian Op though.

Mindlog

Gold revive medal is the best medal. The landing zone is overrun? Why were you all there so soon in the first place? No problem fellas. Hero Infiltrator has got this.

Cobra.
2+ Killstreak.
Revive.
Revive.
Revive.

Full extraction.

So should I go with

Tac Cloak - 40% dmg, 30% recharge, one power
Energy Drain - 30% dmg, Inc shield restore (since it'll always use my Tac cloak CD anyways), not sure, 40% dmg or reduced dmg?

Need help with Salarian Op though.
Someone posted a neat build where they double cast proximity mine. It did a lot of damage and had some excellent cc.
However, when I get mine I'm planning shield recharge + damage and full damage tac cloak. If I remember correctly you can cast energy drain then shoot immediately and still get the damage bonus.

So it turns out that this game was really just about the multiplayer, and I guess they tacked on a single player. Seems like an odd choice for an RPG and a second sequel.

Quarians don't roll side to side, they just kind of hop to the side. They do roll forward, though.

rozay

Banned
So it turns out that this game was really just about the multiplayer, and I guess they tacked on a single player. Seems like an odd choice.

Quarians don't roll side to side, they just kind of hop to the side. They do roll forward, though.
a 10 minute tacked on ending=/=20-30 hours of "tacked on" gameplay

unfortunately, the game will be remembered for its ending and not the rest of the content.

Also, the silly thing about the class rolling restrictions is that they still roll from cover to cover (actually not sure about krogans, but turians definitely do)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can someone tell me a bit about how I should build a Quarian Infiltrator?

I hear that Sabotage was nerfed (and Geth were buffed), so I'm not sure what to build this thing for (I just unlocked it). Seems like Human Infiltrator would be better, right?

Sabotage is useful against just geth, right? Does it do ANYTHING to reapers? Does it affect Cerberus? (Probably turrets and maybe Atlas?)

But Cryoblast is the human counterpart and seems at least somewhat useful against everyone--it slows them down, does damage, and weakens armor.

They both have sticky grenades, but I'm not really a fan of those (ammo, blah)--and again, they both have it.

What's everyone doing with their Quarian Infiltrators now?
She's still viable for Gold farming if you can find the right group of people. Firebase White is SO easy, but no one knows how to play it for farming (ie, hide in the downstairs area for easy instant-kill grabs).

But yeah, if you don't get sticky grenades or the weapon backfire sabotage evolve, then she's pretty much useless for Cerberus and Reapers.

I haven't played this yet but I want to give it a try. Should I just go ahead and play with randoms or is there a group of gaffers willing to deal with a noob? I'm FelixLighter on Origin.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Randoms on bronze should be no problem at this point, especially against Cerberus or Geth enemy types. Once you get higher though, it's luck of the draw.

Randoms on bronze should be no problem at this point, especially against Cerberus or Geth enemy types. Once you get higher though, it's luck of the draw.

Not necessarily true. I played a bronze PUG yesterday and watched my whole team die each wave starting with wave 6. I soloed the whole thing though, but perished on Wave 10 because I was trying to solo the objective in addition too :(

Played a few rounds with random players. We didn't have any issues with the first 3 games. We failed on the last one. Fun but I'm not sure how to create a good build yet and sooo many unlockables.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not necessarily true. I played a bronze PUG yesterday and watched my whole team die each wave starting with wave 6. I soloed the whole thing though, but perished on Wave 10 because I was trying to solo the objective in addition too :(
Hmm. I've never had problems with randoms at Bronze. Then again, I haven't seen any "low level" players in a while either.

exYle

Also, the silly thing about the class rolling restrictions is that they still roll from cover to cover (actually not sure about krogans, but turians definitely do)
It makes sense, though. Turians would likely get caught on their hoods if they tried to roll forward. Same with Krogan humps.
Doesn't explain why Turians can't roll sideways, though!

GorillaJu

I keep getting human female class cards (good because human males take up way too much of the FOV). Just need one more card for my Vangina to have colored lights.

I wanted a Quarians infiltrator so badly, but I guess they're weak now?

Also I think Drell Vanguards are underrated. Pull + Charge beats everything except for Banshees/Primes/Atlas, and cluster grenades aren't bad at all

Max the combat drone (damage and health) and get the flamethrower turrets (good vs. phantoms)

I keep getting human female class cards (good because human males take up way too much of the FOV). Just need one more card for my Vangina to have colored lights.

Also I think Drell Vanguards are underrated. Pull + Charge beats everything except for Banshees/Primes/Atlas, and cluster grenades aren't bad at all

There are sooooo many of those in higher level matches though, you'd be better off with the drell adept (easier to get too). Human cards are considered common or recruit level, I'd suggest going for spectre level boxes to try to get other races (less common items in spectre boxes)

Dave_6

Ah a powered up Human Engineer is so badass. Too bad if i'm stuck with randoms that don't know what teamwork is then it doesn't matter. Especially against the Geth, even on bronze.

PSN: DaveS78 if anyone wants to play.

Achtius

I never get human cards for the class I like T_T
Keep getting alien ones

maybe i need to buy recruit packs

PSN: DaveS78 if anyone wants to play.

I'll add you next time i get on

Here's a great breakdown of the unlocks split up by rarity.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/me3_mp_checklist.pdf

taken from BSN

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-Multiplayer-Discussion-/Item-Rarity-List-9729342-1.html

Consumable Common (Blue)
- Cobra Missile Launcher (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Thermal Clip Pack (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Ops Survival Pack (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Medi-Gel (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Ammo Bonus Items (Level 1 in Recruit/Level 2 in Veteran/Level 3 in Spectre)
- Weapon Bonus Items (Level 1 in Recruit/Level 2 in Veteran/Level 3 in Spectre)
- Armor Bonus Items (Level 1 in Recruit/Level 2 in Veteran/Level 3 in Spectre)

Common (Blue)
- M-3 Predator
- M-23 Katana
- M-4 Shuriken
- M-92 Mantis
- M-8 Avenger
- SMG Scope
- SMG Magazine Upgrade
- SMG Heatsink
- Pistol Scope
- Pistol Magazine Upgrade
- Pistol High-Caliber Barrel
- Assault Rifle Percision Scope
- Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade
- Assault Rifle Stability Damper
- Sniper Rifle Spare Thermal Clip
- Shotgun Smart Choke
- Shotgun High Caliber Barrel
- Shotgun Blade Attachment
- Human Characters

Uncommon (Silver)
- M-5 Phalanx
- M-22 Eviscerator
- M-9 Tempest
- M-12 Locust
- M-13 Raptor
- M-27 Scimitar
- M-97 Viper
- M-29 Incisor
- M-96 Mattock
- M-15 Vindicator
- Phaeston
- SMG Ultralight Materials
- SMG High Caliber Barrel
- Pistol Piercing Mod
- Pistol Melee Stunner
- Assault Rifle Penetration
- Assault Rifle Extended Barrel
- Sniper Rifle Extended Barrel
- Sniper Rifle Enhanced Scope
- Sniper Rifle Piercing Mod
- Shotgun Shredder Mod
- Shotgun Spare Thermal Clips
- Turian Soldier
- Salarian Engineer
- Turian Sentinel
- Quarian Infiltrator
- Asari Vanguard
- Drell Adept

Rare (Gold)
- Consumable Item Capacity Increases
- Respec Card
- M-25 Hornet
- M-6 Carnifex
- Geth Pulse Rifle
- Geth Plasma Shotgun
- M-300 Claymore
- M-98 Widow
- Arc Pistol
- Disciple
- Graal Spike Thrower
- M-37 Falcon
- M-76 Revenant
- Collector Assault Rifle* (color is gold, but you have to have a code to unlock)
- Asari Adept
- Krogan Soldier
- Krogan Sentinel
- Quarian Engineer
- Salarian Infiltrator
- Drell Vanguard

Ultra Rare (Black/N7)
- Black Widow
- M-358 Talon
- M-99 Saber
- M-77 Paladin
- M-11 Wraith
- Javelin
- Scorpion

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm finally rolling that Human vanguard. Up to level 11 now and charge + nova is really powerfull. Now quiet satisfied with shotgun though my shotgun... the Katana VI. I want a claymore or a geth shoty

Both are too heavy if you intend to spam charge + nova like most vanguards do, at least in bronze/silver. The benefits the geth shotgun bring to the table aren't really benefits to an optimal vanguard build, IMHO. The claymore is junk, all the handicaps of a sniper rifle, even heavier, with none of the accuracy.

GorillaJu

There are sooooo many of those in higher level matches though, you'd be better off with the drell adept (easier to get too). Human cards are considered common or recruit level, I'd suggest going for spectre level boxes to try to get other races (less common items in spectre boxes)

I only buy Spectre packs and occasionally a veteran pack here or there. You can still do a lot of dmg to armored enemies with charge and cluster grenades, it's just you can't pull them for biotic combos.

And how the hell is the Hornet a rare? God damn that gun blows. I have gotten two of them so far but it's complete ass. I do much better with just a Phalanx pistol

I only buy Spectre packs and occasionally a veteran pack here or there. You can still do a lot of dmg to armored enemies with charge and cluster grenades, it's just you can't pull them for biotic combos.

And how the hell is the Hornet a rare? God damn that gun blows. I have gotten two of them so far but it's complete ass. I do much better with just a Phalanx pistol

Hmm, I think I need to start testing out grenades, been avoiding mostly because of their scarcity. And yea I agree, the hornet is a shit gun (was my first gold too). Phalanx/Carnifex are much better choices tho recently I've been running with just the Falcon, put incendiary bullets on and you do aoe fire dmg :D

GorillaJu

Hmm, I think I need to start testing out grenades, been avoiding mostly because of their scarcity. And yea I agree, the hornet is a shit gun (was my first gold too). Phalanx/Carnifex are much better choices tho recently I've been running with just the Falcon, put incendiary bullets on and you do aoe fire dmg :D

I don't mind grenades now that I'm accustomed to the maps and where I can find them. Clusters can do shit ton of damage, it's just a shame you have to choose between that or Pull (max rank pull is quite amazing), though for Silver/Gold I think the nades are better to level, since pull loses it's usefulness.

Would someone explain what was changed about the Quarian Infiltrator?

I don't mind grenades now that I'm accustomed to the maps and where I can find them. Clusters can do shit ton of damage, it's just a shame you have to choose between that or Pull (max rank pull is quite amazing), though for Silver/Gold I think the nades are better to level, since pull loses it's usefulness.

Would someone explain what was changed about the Quarian Infiltrator?

From the BSN. Couple this with the buff to the geth, its easier now to run salarian infiltrators vs Cerberus than the geth
Sabotage Power
- Damage from weapon backfire increased from 150 to 200
- Rank 4 weapon backfire damage bonus increased from 30% to 50%
- Maximum number of simultaneous hacked robots reduced from 2 to 1
- Base cooldown increased from 8 to 14 seconds
- Rank 5 cooldown bonus increased from 25% to 35%
- Base hack duration reduced from 12 to 10 seconds
- Rank 6 Berserk upgrade damage bonus reduced from 100% to 50%
- Delay before enemies can attack hacked robots increased from 2 to 8 seconds

Stantron

I opened about 10 recruit crates. Got almost all human female classes including three female sentinels in a row. Was hoping for some mod upgrades. Oh well. Think I'll start using veteran packs for a while.

GorillaJu

From the BSN. Couple this with the buff to the geth, its easier now to run salarian infiltrators vs Cerberus than the geth

I see, thanks. It looks like they just made sabotage less effective as a hacking power and better as a disabling / damaging tool. Will help vs Reapers and Cerberus I guess.

What happens if you sabo an Atlas in MP?

eek5

I hate how respecs are a drop in this game. I want to respec my Adept so bad.

I think they REALLY want you to promote. I'd only really recommend respecing if you've speced out the other 3 chars to your liking and just want to fix one or if you have a special build like human engineer where you don't want the point in the first power.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think they REALLY want you to promote. I'd only really recommend respecing if you've speced out the other 3 chars to your liking and just want to fix one or if you have a special build like human engineer where you don't want the point in the first power.
Wait, is the respec per character or per class?

Oh, and do promoted characters count toward your "War Score" for all playthroughs forever? If so, that might be a way to get a higher score without having to play online (obviously in the future).

Wait, is the respec per character or per class?

Oh, and do promoted characters count toward your "War Score" for all playthroughs forever? If so, that might be a way to get a higher score without having to play online (obviously in the future).

Been wondering this myself, but I haven't bothered to start an new game not that I really want to considering the ending. The respec is per class.

Top Bottom