• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

I see, thanks. It looks like they just made sabotage less effective as a hacking power and better as a disabling / damaging tool. Will help vs Reapers and Cerberus I guess.

What happens if you sabo an Atlas in MP?

You control it for a few seconds, just like hacking a geth prime :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Unless you're host, lag really hurts the Vanguard. There's such an enormous delay between Novas if you don't press it right away. I never noticed it playing any other class.

Let me shoot my screen. Is pretty fun.

Edit : I was messing up R2 to see if Nova could be triggered (Charge couldn't) and I got a kill. LoL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-y5I0uCGKQ

Common problem with just the Vanguard class, unfortunately. Somehow your character gets "unsynced" with the game map, and you start stuttering all over the place... leading you to eventually floating (or falling) off the map somewhere.

From my very, very informal observations, it seems like it happens when there's some sort of lag spike while using Nova... like those random occurrences when you're jamming on the Nova button and you perform 3 Novas after a Charge instead of just the normal 2.

I've found (again, very informal observation) that spacing out your Novas seems to minimize falling off the map.

I'd definitely appreciate more data if other people have observed otherwise, though.

GorillaJu

Common problem with just the Vanguard class, unfortunately. Somehow your character gets "unsynced" with the game map, and you start stuttering all over the place... leading you to eventually floating (or falling) off the map somewhere.

From my very, very informal observations, it seems like it happens when there's some sort of lag spike while using Nova... like those random occurrences when you're jamming on the Nova button and you perform 3 Novas after a Charge instead of just the normal 2.

I've found (again, very informal observation) that spacing out your Novas seems to minimize falling off the map.

I'd definitely appreciate more data if other people have observed otherwise, though.

Haha this happened to me. I went and fell way off the map. But it doesn't have anything to do with Nova - I was a nova-less Asari.

Haha this happened to me. I went and fell way off the map. But it doesn't have anything to do with Nova - I was a nova-less Asari.

Whoa... that's definitely news to me. Was it because of Charge?

Every single time it's happened to me it was because of Nova. I've suspected Nova because of the way you jump into the air and are still able to move... if there were a lag spike, the game could conceivably miscalculate where you land and you end up in the terrain after the Nova.

I ran into the most bizarre bug on my Turian Sentinel. My nothing I did caused any damage at first and figured it was lag, but eventually I stopped getting points and when the wave was over my ammo didn't restock I went to a crate and nothing. I then tired an ammo kit and still nothing. I also try overload and not only would not do damage the effect would never jump. I eventually tried getting myself killed by running straight into the enemy fire and while I could take damage from stray shot not a single one ever did target me. I was playing on Gold it wasn't me just getting lucky with dumb AI. This went on for two wave and eventually to bug righted itself, but man was it strange.

Between the control,lag issues (Mashing charge and nothing is happening) I give up on the human vanguard. I'm having more success with my overload/incinerate spamming engineer.

DTKT

I ran into the most bizarre bug on my Turian Sentinel. My nothing I did caused any damage at first and figured it was lag, but eventually I stopped getting points and when the wave was over my ammo didn't restock I went to a crate and nothing. I then tired an ammo kit and still nothing. I also try overload and not only would not do damage the effect would never jump. I eventually tried getting myself killed by running straight into the enemy fire and while I could take damage from stray shot not a single one ever did target me. I was playing on Gold it wasn't me just getting lucky with dumb AI. This went on for two wave and eventually to bug righted itself, but man was it strange.

I had the same issue here. It just never fixed itself. I had to quit. :|

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Between the control,lag issues (Mashing charge and nothing is happening) I give up on the human vanguard. I'm having more success with my overload/incinerate spamming engineer.

That's definitely happened to me before. It seems like another lag induced bug. Rolling seems to fix it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
6986398541_027464ce54_z.jpg

You jelly?

Been hardly touching MP since I've been so much into SP, but today I was watching my readiness drop to 91% and I thought I'm just gonna play solo - got enough dough for a Specter pack and BAM - got this rifle as well - my first ultra-rare, hells yeah.

Gonna try it out on a soldier class right now. Still hoping to get ANY Krogan soon though.

Pisses me right the fuck off, just happened my last match actually again, was about to finally get the medal for 10 Waves survived, and then I get downed in front of a group with no cover in front of them, nothing. So damn irritating.

Hijiacking an Heavy Mech is MP related ? I didn't got this from solo... is it the AI hacking thing ?

No, this works only in SP. You have to shoot the glass with a sniper rifle, then shoot the driver. Then you can get to the mech and hijack it. But I assume that you have to be careful on lower difficulty, because you (or your squad mates) may destroy the mech while sniping. I did it on normal.

Ken

Gemüsepizza;36088420 said:
No, this works only in SP. You have to shoot the glass with a sniper rifle, then shoot the driver. Then you can get to the mech and hijack it. But I assume that you have to be careful on lower difficulty, because you (or your squad mates) may destroy the mech while sniping. I did it on normal.

The first time I loaded up MP, I saw this "tip" in the loading screen and thought there were MP specific tip screens. I've been aiming for the glass every since and have never broken it in MP, and now I know why.

I feel overwelmed by the amount of items, mods and levels per items.

I wish I would unlock stuff faster. I just don't see myself playing for 400+ hours on the same 6 maps, against the same 3 enemies just to unlock everything. I wish I could buy stuff I want or at least trade.

Or even pay for a full unlock.

Cat Party

Having 10 levels per weapon is pretty ridiculous. Should be 5 max. Also, I think they should have added a consumable item that lets you rank up any weapon you choose. That would serve the game well, while not removing the existing incentive to play the various classes.

But I'm still mostly using the human vanguard, so the weapon isn't that important.

I think the idea of having so... many... unlock possibilities is based under the assumption that many people have multiple playthroughs of the single player. It adds a bit of replayability for those types of completionists, and gives them incentive to continue playing the multiplayer down the line when they're on their 4th or 5th playthrough of the solo game.

Having 10 levels per weapon is pretty ridiculous. Should be 5 max. Also, I think they should have added a consumable item that lets you rank up any weapon you choose. That would serve the game well, while not removing the existing incentive to play the various classes.

But I'm still mostly using the human vanguard, so the weapon isn't that important.

I have a Katana X and it's a nice side arm with my human vanguard. Always nice to do a charge + nova + melee + shotty in your FACE if you are still up and alive

eek5

Now that I have most of my mods out of the way, I've been getting a lot better stuff from spectre packs. I definitely recommend spamming recruit packs, then veteran packs, then spectre packs unless you have a character you really want to unlock. Going through that progression gets rid of a lot of the filler items.

HildyB

Now that I have most of my mods out of the way, I've been getting a lot better stuff from spectre packs. I definitely recommend spamming recruit packs, then veteran packs, then spectre packs unless you have a character you really want to unlock. Going through that progression gets rid of a lot of the filler items.

This will be my method this weekend.. keep getting useless shotguns in my Spec packs. I don't play any characters using a shotgun. Plying 2-3 rounds for a single pack to be let down is no fun.

Whoa, N7 Challenge weekend news from Bioware:

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/16/n7-challenge-weekend-operation-goliath/

Any player who is part of a squad that beats the Reaper faction on Silver difficulty or better will unlock one Commendation Pack. This means that at least one member of the squad must be extracted at the end of the mission – this will earn all squad members the reward. Each player can earn a maximum of one pack, and each pack contains a random N7 Arsenal Weapon. Originally only available as single-player weapons via the N7 Collector’s Edition, these multiplayer variants will be exceptionally rare and are NOT obtainable through regular purchasable Reinforcement Packs. The Commendation Packs will contain one of the following guns at random: N7 Crusader Shotgun, N7 Eagle Pistol, N7 Hurricane SMG, and N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle.

Destroy as many brutes as possible – if the multiplayer community kills a combined 1 MILLION brutes within the hours of the challenge, ALL players will receive a Victory Pack as a reward.

Dave_6

360 or PC only WTF. Good thing I bought it on the 360 too but I'll have to start from scratch (again). Should have known better than to be playing something on the PS3...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
360 or PC only WTF. Good thing I bought it on the 360 too but I'll have to start from scratch (again). Should have known better than to be playing something on the PS3...
Is that a joke? How did the console that allowed Steam integration become the one that can't support EA promotions?

LosDaddie

Banned

What about if you want to unlock better weapons, like an advanced Avenger AR? Still buy Spectre packs?

Nice! Is that for all platforms (X360, PC, PS3)? Link isn't working for me.

Ken

What about if you want to unlock better weapons, like an advanced Avenger AR? Still buy Spectre packs?

Nice! Is that for all platforms (X360, PC, PS3)? Link isn't working for me.
Avenger is a common item, isn't it? You could get its upgrades from any pack I think.

Cat Party

Kind of lame that you only get one shot to get the random gun, so you may get one that is utterly useless to you, but I also assume they'll do these more often in the future.

How many Brutes are in a match? 5? That's a shitload of matches.

Oh well, I know what I'm doing on Saturday night!

EDIT:

Avenger is a common item, isn't it? You could get its upgrades from any pack I think.

Correct. Spamming recruit packs is the best way to upgrade the default weapons. This pdf (posted earlier) is super helpful: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/me3_mp_checklist.pdf

eek5

Well, if you max out the smaller stuff you'll be drawing from a smaller pool so even if you want gold weapons, the other stuff in the spectre packs have potential to be better items (like silver weapons and stuff)

Overall quality should be generally better, plus the level 5 mods are really useful

edit: For Avenger, you can max it out using recruit packs since it is a common

Kind of lame that you only get one shot to get the random gun, so you may get one that is utterly useless to you, but I also assume they'll do these more often in the future.

How many Brutes are in a match? 5? That's a shitload of matches.

Oh well, I know what I'm doing on Saturday night!

Yeah they'll probably do it more or else we'd never be able to get those weapons to level 10

nice. I think I'll have to sign up to the ME3 GAF tag and look for some people to run silver reaper runs with this weekend then. I still have a lot of trouble with silver, but I've only really been running with randoms. Got to wave 9 last night and died to geth...so many pyro/hunter combos :(

Kenaras

The game is so laggy that my character is flying/falling all over the map. I even biotic charged a Trooper while I was dead. Fun times

That's not lag, that's a bug with Biotic Charge. It happens when you try to charge, but die during the latency before the charge activates. Your client thinks you charged, but the server thinks you didn't. This causes synchronization issues for the rest of the match; the only way to fix it is to quit and rejoin. Of course, that's not really an option if you're playing a public game.

Unless you're host, lag really hurts the Vanguard. There's such an enormous delay between Novas if you don't press it right away. I never noticed it playing any other class.

This isn't lag either. The exact cause isn't as easy to pin down as the first bug, but I believe it's randomly triggered by Nova. Each Nova has a chance to simply lock you out of using any abilities; you won't be able to Biotic Charge, Nova, or Shockwave. Usually, taking another action will fix it; firing your weapon works just as well as rolling, and is much faster.

This second bug is why shotgun Vanguards are currently terrible. The low fire speed and small clip make it difficult to fix the bug, so you can't always get your charges off when you need to. If you need to charge when your clip is empty, and the bug triggers, it generally means death. If you have to use a shotgun, a Scimitar is probably your best bet. Personally, I've started using a Tempest; fast fire speed and huge clip makes it easy to work around the bug. A Phalanx or Predator works too, but make sure you don't empty your clip until you're in a safe location.

Top Bottom