• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, sounds like I'm glad that I left when I did, it was bad enough with the game putting me with people on the other side of the map getting annoying lag, but losing credits and XP would've really pissed me off.

Word.
How did you spec the Krogan Sentinel? I noticed he had grenades, did you level them up at all? Basically, I was thinking about just upgrading the Tech Shields and Carnage biotics.

A Krogan Sentinel isn't meant to be using powers at all, at least if you're making him to be a tank, so if you ignore putting a single point into Incinerate, you can max out the other four skill trees.

But you're saying Sentinel and then saying Carnage so I don't know if you actually meant the Krogan Soldier though.

Both N7 challenge packs are rewarded tomorrow at 5PM PST, no?

Should be, yup.

X-Frame

Word.
How did you spec the Krogan Sentinel? I noticed he had grenades, did you level them up at all? Basically, I was thinking about just upgrading the Tech Shields and Carnage biotics.

I am not touching Incinerate, but going to max the lift grenades last. I carry the two heaviest weapons I have which is around -100% cool down so I can't use any powers.

Carnage and Inferno Grenades are on the Krogan Soldier.

Tech Armor: Durability (4), Melee Damage (5), Durability (6)
Lift Grenade: Radius (4), Max Grenades (5), Damage and Radius (6)
Incinerate: N/A
Krogan Berserker: Weapon Damage (4), Headshots (5), Weapon Damage (6)
Rage: Durability (4), Martial Artist (5), Fitness Expert (6)

Kyoufu

uhhh wtf. My PS3 crashed, then it made me sign into Origin account thing again then my stats are reset? I have my save intact but my kills are 0 now? Wtf?

Woo-Fu

Banned
It's excellent as long as you don't get the vanishing grenades glitch. Seems to happen if you lag slightly, it ends up just shooting air while decreasing your ammo count.

You can't fire it at full speed unless you're the host. Their network code isn't up to the challenge. I fire mine just a hair faster than the enemy recovers from the stagger. Still keeps me from getting hit and prevents air grenades.

Kyoufu

Welp. My Veteran kill counter reset due to the freeze.
LLShC.gif

I should have backed up my settings file. Oh well.

Does anyone know if the gameplay tracking is on by default? I didn't bother to check and now I'm getting nervous I may not get my pack despite finishing 5-6 silver match Reaper battles this weekend.

LosDaddie

Banned
But you're saying Sentinel and then saying Carnage so I don't know if you actually meant the Krogan Soldier though.

yeah, I meant Incinerate. I don't have the Krogan unlocked for Soldier, but I don't care to play as a Soldier class anyway.

I am not touching Incinerate, but going to max the lift grenades last. I carry the two heaviest weapons I have which is around -100% cool down so I can't use any powers.

thanks! I'll probably play the Sentinel next.

Sai

I love the Krogan Sentinel. Specced for damage reduction and shields he is a walking tank. It takes a lot to bring him down.

1200 health and 1600 shields with something like 70% damage reduction he can take missiles, brute attacks, and possibly even Kamehameha's to the face.
Yeesss... Yeeeeeeeesssssss!

I've been enjoying my Krogan Sentinel very much. He's a Lv17 now. Aaahhh, the way those Cannibals fly~

Interesting. I didn't think to make my Krogan Sentinel purely weapons-based, mainly because I rely on powers so much for the other classes. Hmmm...I suppose I can promote this class to get the Achievement and then work on a new build (I don't have anymore respec cards). Would be nice to carry that insanely heavy Revenant I unlocked yesterday.

X-Frame

Interesting. I didn't think to make my Krogan Sentinel purely weapons-based, mainly because I rely on powers so much for the other classes. Hmmm...I suppose I can promote this class to get the Achievement and then work on a new build (I don't have anymore respec cards). Would be nice to carry that insanely heavy Revenant I unlocked yesterday.

Yes, it's a great build. It's not mine though -- got it here: Krogan Panzer

Weapons:

Primary: A big, heavy shotgun. I like to stick to my Krogan roots and carry the Claymore. Put a Blade Attachment on it.

Secondary: A big, heavy sniper. I like the Widow.

Strategy:

Obviously your recharge speed is going to suffer horribly with this weapon loadout, but that’s why you ignore cooldown powers completely (just Incinerate for this class). The spec emphasizes durability, and with 1600 shields, 1200 health, and 40% damage reduction (70% while raging) this is the most durable build in the game. It also emphasizes increased weapon damage giving your heavy hitting weapons a significant boost. With a sniper and a shotgun you’re deadly at any range, but the build is most fun when you’re smacking things around. Take the time to carefully build yourself into a rage, picking off lone, weaker enemies. Husks are especially great for this. Once you’re in Rage mode, you can take a ridiculous amount of punishment. I haven’t tried it on Gold yet, but on Silver, you can easily charge a pack of Geth that includes 3 Pyros and multiple Troopers and come out with your shield intact. You can charge a turret, eat missiles, one-shot Centurions, Marauders, etc. with a heavy melee. The toughest part is recognizing when you’re finally outmatched and should beat a quick retreat and start thinning the ranks with your Widow. Always keep in mind that you can wreak havok at any range, don’t be too eager to rush into melee.

N00b Rating (scale 1-5, 1 is easy for everybody!)

2. This is, quite simply, the most durable build in the game. The only difficulty comes in mastering your chosen weapons and learning to recognize when you need to retreat. It’s very easy to get carried away!

Played a Silver Reaper match on Saturday with randoms, it was my first try at the N7 challenge. I was the highest level, with my Level 20 Turian Sentinel. Couple other guys in the high teens, and one guy was a Level 7, but he was a Drell (don't remember which version).

It was rough going. My team was decent, but I mostly had to carry them. I finished off one wave solo after the rest of the team died. Then, in a later wave, I died when I was careless and got a bit too close to a Banshee. The rest of the team died, except for a lone Infiltrator. Watching him play, it was clear he had no idea how to use his Tactical Cloak, but somehow he was able to make it through the wave while using up a couple of medi-gels. Somehow we made it to the end and got extracted. I was pretty pleased, as I thought it to be an impossible venture with the team I had after we'd tackled the first few waves.

Now I fully expect to unlock the lousiest N7 weapon available come Tuesday.

Ken

Using a sniper rifle with a non-Infiltrator class made it apparent how powerful Tactical Cloak damage buffs is with a sniper.

syoaran

Been enjoying this a lot, but would prefer some GAF company (tag is SyoaranX)

Finally got a good N7 weapon, the Javelin, and I just picked up the salarian infiltrator with maxed out energy drain. Now I just use that and headshots. Love the asari adept as well, but sadly throw doesn't scale well in Silver.

Sectus

I've unlocked every colour customization for the 2 krogans and I don't even wanna play as them, and I still haven't unlocked the darn asari adept! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ken

I've unlocked every colour customization for the 2 krogans and I don't even wanna play as them, and I still haven't unlocked the darn asari adept! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I find it silly that they treat different classes with the same character model as different unlocks. Oh, you have all the customization options on your Human Adept and not your Human Sentinel, but you want to play the Sentinel with red lights? Too bad.

Dreamer RD

Human Vanguard is such a beast, just cleared Gold as him.

M2D1A.jpg

Welp. My Veteran kill counter reset due to the freeze.

I should have backed up my settings file. Oh well.

It happened to me like 4 times already. Guess it's impossible to get Platinum trophy with such issues. Im playing PSN version btw.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How are you guys winning on Gold with a Human Vanguard??? :O
Played a Silver Reaper match on Saturday with randoms, it was my first try at the N7 challenge. I was the highest level, with my Level 20 Turian Sentinel. Couple other guys in the high teens, and one guy was a Level 7, but he was a Drell (don't remember which version).

It was rough going. My team was decent, but I mostly had to carry them. I finished off one wave solo after the rest of the team died. Then, in a later wave, I died when I was careless and got a bit too close to a Banshee. The rest of the team died, except for a lone Infiltrator. Watching him play, it was clear he had no idea how to use his Tactical Cloak, but somehow he was able to make it through the wave while using up a couple of medi-gels. Somehow we made it to the end and got extracted. I was pretty pleased, as I thought it to be an impossible venture with the team I had after we'd tackled the first few waves.

Now I fully expect to unlock the lousiest N7 weapon available come Tuesday.
Run more games at Silver. You get more cash, the challenge is just enough to kick you around for being stupid, but not so absurd that you should go into the fetal position if you're ever alone.
So is falling through the map/clipping a glitch/bug or a result of lag?
Lag. If you're a Vanguard and meet a hiccup in the connection mid-charge, you're screwed.

nel e nel

Does anyone know if the gameplay tracking is on by default? I didn't bother to check and now I'm getting nervous I may not get my pack despite finishing 5-6 silver match Reaper battles this weekend.

Whoa, waitaminit. If we don't have this one we won't get the N7 packs?

Run more games at Silver. You get more cash, the challenge is just enough to kick you around for being stupid, but not so absurd that you should go into the fetal position if you're ever alone.

Oh, I have done Silver many times before, and beaten it before, this was just my first attempt at Silver with Reapers for the N7 Challenge.

Unfortunately, Silver just seems generally quite difficult if you're playing with randoms that don't play as a team. Maybe it'll be easier to carry my team if I unlock a better character or weapons, but right now it seems hard to take on multiple Banshees or Brutes at the same time without help from teammates (especially since my Turian Sentinel is built more for crowd control than taking down the heavier targets). It's not impossible, necessarily, but more difficult than it would be with some competent help. I just need to start seeking out GAF help.

Nori Chan

I can safely say that the feedback for ea is on in default.

When I first turned the game on I went to go check for subtitles and when through the whole menu and online settings had yes on everything. That's if you've signed into ea your first time of course.

Kyoufu

It happened to me like 4 times already. Guess it's impossible to get Platinum trophy with such issues. Im playing PSN version btw.

There is one way to do it. If you have PS+ you can keep a backup of your settings file.

There is also one way to avoid lag, as EatChildren pointed out to earlier: Host your own games :D

I'm hosting Firebase White, Geth, Silver. Easy money.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually kind of confused now that Soldier is the most used class in mutli. I rarely ever see them when I play.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Standard Biotic Charge/Nova mashing with 200% recharge rate. I will try to record next time. It's impossible with Cerberus/Reapers obviously.
Geth are chumps.

I hope they get some added units... the tanks and hoppers would be a great addition.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm getting an error every time I try to spend my credits. Not even actual money, just credits. It keeps "failing to process purchase". On PS3 BTW

Turian Soldier fo life

Are you serious? I unlocked a Turian Soldier and it's easily the worst class I've played. Let's go over the skills:

1) Marksman: Don't see the benefit of this skill...seemed to do nothing to help me when using the Vindicator.
2) Concussion Shot: Nice to knockdown enemies (and has a quick cooldown) but does hardly any damage.
3) Proximity Mine: Unless I'm doing it wrong, I hardly see ANY value in this power.

So what am I missing here? Granted, I didn't level him very high, but after playing classes like the Drell/Asari Adept and the Engineer, this class just seemed useless.

I do, however, want to unlock a Krogan soldier. Only race (besides the two Quarians) I've yet to unlock!

Mindlog

That's one of the reasons I like KS so much. It's one of the only classes where I completely ignore weight.

Gold cleared in 22:41
That's what I've been talking about with adepts (biotics.) A fully tech armored human sentinel might be able to throw fast enough to keep up with reave. I hope this does not get nerfed.

1) Marksman: Don't see the benefit of this skill...seemed to do nothing to help me when using the Vindicator.
Vindicator does not pair up well with marksman. You need to use a weapon with a high rate of fire.

Top Bottom