• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I wonder if there's any hope of future challenges being opened up on PS3. I love stuff like that and it really sucks that this one wasn't up for us. EA and Sony traditionally have had very good relationship this gen so I wonder what the issue is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wonder if there's any hope of future challenges being opened up on PS3. I love stuff like that and it really sucks that this one wasn't up for us. EA and Sony traditionally have had very good relationship this gen so I wonder what the issue is.
I have a feeling after thinking about it a bit that it has to do with the nature of data EA is probably collecting from players that made Sony hesitate on letting them. EA is of course more buddy-buddy with MS anyways though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yes - I know I did my part too, seems that every match I search for with all on unknown + Silver was a Reaper match.

So two packs tomorrow, nice.

Kyoufu

I have a feeling after thinking about it a bit that it has to do with the nature of data EA is probably collecting from players that made Sony hesitate on letting them. EA is of course more buddy-buddy with MS anyways though.

That's not true in the slightest. Other online games gather information about your playtime.

Also, game froze again
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

An-Det

Question about upgrading your weapons using the packs. Say you upgrade a weapon to level 10, will it still show up in packs to taunt you? Seeing characters multiple times yields xp and customization stuff, is there something similar if the weapons still appear? Conversely, if they stop appearing, what shows up instead if all are maxed at that pack level?

eek5

Does PS3 version have that option in online menu to not share data?

DTKT

Question about upgrading your weapons using the packs. Say you upgrade a weapon to level 10, will it still show up in packs to taunt you? Seeing characters multiple times yields xp and customization stuff, is there something similar if the weapons still appear? Conversely, if they stop appearing, what shows up instead if all are maxed at that pack level?

Pretty sure that once a weapon is fully upgraded, it's removed from the pool of possible objects. That's why it might be worth it to grind through recruit packs to get the low-level stuff maxed out.

Weapons will stop appearing, but characters never will. I've got three Turian Sentinels since I unlocked all the customization options. While I'm a big fan of the class I'm not that big a fan.

There any word on what in the victory packs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That's not true in the slightest. Other online games gather information about your playtime.

Also, game froze again
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

What I mean is that perhaps EA is not collecting the same information as other devs, but more, and maybe EA crosses Sony's line but not MS's.

It's still an out there theory, just putting it out there.

An-Det

Pretty sure that once a weapon is fully upgraded, it's removed from the pool of possible objects. That's why it might be worth it to grind through recruit packs to get the low-level stuff maxed out.

Weapons will stop appearing, but characters never will. I've got three Turian Sentinels since I unlocked all the customization options. While I'm a big fan of the class I'm not that big a fan.

There any word on what in the victory packs.

Awesome, thanks. I've been grinding out the basic packs, nice to know that I wont be plagued by them later on.

Nome

What does promoting a multiplayer character do?
Adds 20 to your N7 level, makes the character a war asset in single player, and level resets all races/characters under that class.

Unfortunately, it also auto-places the first skill point into the first ability. No way to get rid of this without a respec card.
Also unfortunately, if you've gotten class upgrade cards, the XP from those doesn't apply. You'll always start at level 1.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yup. I don't want to play Asari unless I'm going to use a gun or something. Which will never happen when I can Nova everything on Human.

You may want to try the Disciple (shotgun).

I was having a bit of fun with a melee centric vanguard the other night and... it worked okay on Silver. The Disciple is great only because of its borderline auto-stagger and relatively low weight. Mixing up 50/50 charges with shots in between gives you lots of leeway for free combos and it also takes advantage of the martial artist and power synergy boosts in Asari Justicar. Its not quite Krogan, but with Stasis bubble spam... its definitely worth trying out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Adds 20 to your N7 level, makes the character a war asset in single player, and level resets all races/characters under that class.

Unfortunately, it also auto-places the first skill point into the first ability. No way to get rid of this without a respec card.
Also unfortunately, if you've gotten class upgrade cards, the XP from those doesn't apply. You'll always start at level 1.

It only adds 10 to your N7 level.

Also, the character becomes a war asset with a score of 75, specifically.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How does the whole War Asset thing work anyways?

In single player War Assets are multiplied by your Galactic Readiness percentage to get your Effective Military Strength, which determines options for ending(s) and outcomes for deaths, etc. The more you explore and find shit and talk to people, or if you import multiplayer characters, the higher your War Asset score and therefore your Effective Military Strength as well.

Also, N7 score is just for leaderboard dick waving.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I know how that feels.

Simplest mission you can do: Firebase White/Silver/Geth

Final scores: Me (as Vanguard) 100k
Random 1: 25k
Random 2: 20k
Random 3: 10k

How is it possible to get scores that low?

While that is a bit extreme I consider it normal for the vanguard to have 2x as many points as the rest of the team. He can charge/nova kill things before the rest of the team can even fire.

Don't you feel a bit cheap complaining about the rest of the team scoring low when you're playing Vanguard? lol.

X-Frame

During the Extraction Wave, being the last person to damage an enemy means you receive the kill when the timer runs out, correct?

I've just been basically peeing on every enemy I see within the last 5 seconds and I've gotten Brute and Prime and Atlas kills by just hitting them with 2 bullets.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn, multiplayer is more addictive than i would have thought. Still not sure what class to play, only tried infiltrator, adept and vanguard so far, they're all quite fun. Although i died a little bit too much on my lvl 1 vanguard lol.

eek5

E-peen. It's like prestieging. Although here at least it lets you start over without having to spend a respect token.

Yeah pretty much. I am not going to promote any more stuff. It's more fun for me to play gold w/ level 20 chars and get respec cards through packs rather than play bronze/silver to level characters again.

I'm still clearing out level 1 weapons. Finally maxed the Avenger and the Shuriken. A couple more days before I move on to better packs. It is satisfying buying so many, though, so that will suck when I have to wait longer.

I absolutely love the Vanguard class. I really like the Drell, but it is just too fragile I think. I think human with Nova is the way to go. The delay when it won't charge, is that just lag, or are there factors I am not aware of? It has gotten me killed even on bronze, which is troubling.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Carnifex is pretty awesome... not gonna lie.

I can't imagine playing Asari Adept without it.

Mindlog

Making my Salarian Infiltrator get the bonus power cloak skill was the best decision ever.
If you fire immediately after casting drain it still counts as a cloak shot.

I probably have the majority of character customizations now. I have every class unlocked. Except the Salarian Infiltrator :[
I also forgot the equipment packs were expiring so soon. I meant to stock up on cobras.

Mindlog

Wait... You use your gun as an asari adept? :p
hnnggggehhhh
hnnggggehhhh
wahpoosh

I wonder what is going to get hit with the nerf bat today. I believe my builds are diversified enough that if something gets nerfed hard something else I like will get buffed.

I'm leaning towards high RoF rifles buffs.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, whoever decided to assign cover and revive to the same button should be paddled hard. Shit's not good when you're trying to revive a bro in a hectic situation.

Top Bottom