• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Omega

Banned
What packs do you guys buy?

I usually buy Veteran packs, but I'm feeling like it's a waste now. I only get guns I'll never use. My Scimitar is at around level 6 and my Shuriken is at level 9 and again, I'll never use that.

Cheech

What packs do you guys buy?

I usually buy Veteran packs, but I'm feeling like it's a waste now. I only get guns I'll never use. My Scimitar is at around level 6 and my Shuriken is at level 9 and again, I'll never use that.

Spectre, and Equipment Packs when they offered them. 20k to refill basically everything was a pretty good deal.

Kyoufu

The vanguard has two powers which can be specced to do area damage (charge and nova) and seem to make no distinction between any type of protection, can cover any distance in a second, they have an high shield count which means they can act reckless even on silver, and veeeery fast cooldown rates. It's not you, it's the vanguard class.

You missed the point of the complaint, but thanks for the summary of the Vanguard class. Man I had no idea.

Kyoufu

Just had a glitch where I couldn't use my powers and I was invincible. Was funny to be the lone survivor during extraction where a bunch of enemies were around me and couldn't touch me. Teammates were probably wondering what the hell that was about
KuGsj.gif

Spike Thrower: Please explain why this weapon is good, or proper use of it.

I have it, have tried it once, disliked it immensely.

Bullets seem to never hit the target, not sure if it is lag or the travel time on the slug, but I wasn't getting hit confirmations ever.

Serious

Spike Thrower has either travel or charge-up time, not sure which, but there is a delay. On the other hand, it hits hard and is extremely accurate for a shotgun, plus you can even charge a shot up if you want.

Shotguns are also most affected by lag. As you if you miss your shot - you're fucked due to long reload and recoil etc.

QUESTION:

I never really paid attention to the reviews for this game, but what is the general consensus of the multiplayer. Because - I really enjoy it. And looking at Resident Evil Operation Raccoon city, and seeing how that game universally fucked up multiplayer it got me thinking that ME3 probably has a better MP despite not being a multiplayer focused game, but is that assessment shared by others? Or is there something wrong with me that I've put in so many hours into the MP and have yet to really get past the 8 hour mark on the single player?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I never really paid attention to the reviews for this game, but what is the general consensus of the multiplayer. Because - I really enjoy it. And looking at Resident Evil Operation Raccoon city, and seeing how that game universally fucked up multiplayer it got me thinking that ME3 probably has a better MP despite not being a multiplayer focused game, but is that assessment shared by others? Or is there something wrong with me that I've put in so many hours into the MP and have yet to really get past the 8 hour mark on the single player?

I'm kind of stuck in the GAF bubble, but people around here seem to generally like it (at least those who've played it). I didn't completely write it off, but it's much better than I expected.

Kyoufu

Shotguns are also most affected by lag. As you if you miss your shot - you're fucked due to long reload and recoil etc.

QUESTION:

It's a class based sci-fi action game. It's unique enough to be compelling. I asked for this exact same multiplayer mode in 2008 after I played the first game.

Bioware delivered. :D

X-Frame

Eek, you seem to have the best luck with packs.

I just used 1200 microsoft points that I had sitting in my account for the past year on Spectre Packs and got NOTHING. Some character cards, some mediocre mods I don't use, and weapon upgrades on guns I don't use.

Very, very disappointing. Serves me right -- I won't be spending money on random packs anymore.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Seems to be an epidemic of vanguard hosts who quit the match whenever a Banshee grabs them. Think I'm just going to not join any match hosted by a vanguard I don't know.

eek5

Eek, you seem to have the best luck with packs.

I just used 1200 microsoft points that I had sitting in my account for the past year on Spectre Packs and got NOTHING. Some character cards, some mediocre mods I don't use, and weapon upgrades on guns I don't use.

Very, very disappointing. Serves me right -- I won't be spending money on random packs anymore.

I've opened up a LOT of packs though. I pretty much have all my mods at level 5 now too which helps a lot

Seems to be an epidemic of vanguard hosts who quit the match whenever a Banshee grabs them. Think I'm just going to not join any match hosted by a vanguard I don't know.

There are probably good vanguards out there but I have only played with one, ever. I pretty much avoid vanguards in gold no matter what now

this guy

Good jerb, alexel, this guy...

Nice that I got Widow II, but I wish I could level it up further :(
You too man. I just checked and I'm at 4/6 now for gold maps. Good stuff. Just firebase reactor and glacier to go.

And I finally got a cobra missile upgrade, so that's cool.

Cat Party

I just unlocked the Salarian Engineer. What is a good build? Is decoy useful on silver/gold? I have 63 points to spend, so I can pretty much do any build right away.

Also, I'm now trying out the Sentinel class, which I've been avoiding for no good reason. Is there more to triggering good biotic detonations than alternating between warp and lift?

I'm trying to not be super-invested.

Are the contents going to be randomized or are we all getting the same thing?

Assuming you participated successfully, you'll get a random ONE of the N7 weapons that they announced.

Since the community completed the 1 million brutes challenge, you'll also get a Victory Pack--they have not announced what it is yet.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Lead with *Nova*, not Charge.

Is there something about Nova that I am missing when it comes to Banshees? As far as I have been able to tell, neither Nova or Charge will stun a Banshee. I understand Nova -> Charge when dealing with most other enemies as you stun everyone then recharge your shield, but when the attack I am concerned about from the Banshee is a OHKO no matter how high your shields/health are, what difference does it make?

Kyoufu

Why would they quit after that? Seems odd.

Is there something about Nova that I am missing when it comes to Banshees? As far as I have been able to tell, neither Nova or Charge will stun a Banshee. I understand Nova -> Charge when dealing with most other enemies as you stun everyone then recharge your shield, but when the attack I am concerned about from the Banshee is a OHKO no matter how high your shields/health are, what difference does it make?

He might be talking about the cooldown buff you get after a Nova (Power Recharge?) but that'd mean not taking Half Blast...

eek5

I just unlocked the Salarian Engineer. What is a good build? Is decoy useful on silver/gold? I have 63 points to spend, so I can pretty much do any build right away.
Decoy is one of the better skills in the game but I'd only put 3 points into it. You can recast it so duration isn't very useful and you're better off recasting instead of letting it die since recasts will maintain aggro. If it dies, enemies will aggro to players which you don't want so the explosion damage isn't very helpful.

After that I would spec out energy drain for damage to break shields off faster. I speced incinerate for radius since enemies will group on the decoy.

The class is mainly good against geth/cerberus since some of the reaper enemies will ignore the decoy.

Kyoufu

Going from increased radius Nova to regular Nova is night and day. I need a respec gel asap :(

Spending half a round not hitting 1,3,1,3,1,3,1,3 over and over again probably distresses them.

I'm predicting some epic raging in about 10 minutes.

My finger welcomes the break :p

X-Frame

The only N7 weapon I don't want is the SMG. The other 3 I can find a use for. I just hate the SMG's in ME3. They all seem like water guns.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The only N7 weapon I don't want is the SMG. The other 3 I can find a use for. I just hate the SMG's in ME3. They all seem like water guns.

I use one as my backup weapon on every class. With class V lightweight materials it only adds 3% to cooldown---there are one or two that don't add any, I think. Comes in handy when I don't have time/ammo to reload a falcon or widow.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Victory Pack & Premium Veteran Packs are up!

I went back to Dashboard and booted up again to see them.

What will I get? Hmmmmm.

rozay

Banned
I think the ability for anyone to use ARs caused them to try to differentiate the two types, but they ended up making them fairly useless. The locust was amazing in ME2 but it seems far too weak for its weight. The Shuriken has a quirky fire rate but is still a pretty decent gun for shield stripping (and killing on bronze) and the hornet is pretty nice if you can manage the recoil.

I don't know what they were thinking with that N7 smg, although I've never tried using it in a battle-just one pull of the trigger in the firing range was enough to scare me away :p

Top Bottom