• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Sectus

I just unlocked the Salarian Engineer. What is a good build? Is decoy useful on silver/gold? I have 63 points to spend, so I can pretty much do any build right away.
Decoy is super useful on any difficulty. It can be a bit tricky to use, but it is possible to lock down banshees, brutes and phantoms with it (probably any enemy really). I don't think you even need to max it up for it to be useful.

I don't know any exact builds though. I'm levelling up my salarian engineer right now and I'm not completely sure where to put my points. I might use a reset if I completely mess up my point allocations.

Dacon

Banned
I thought I was supposed to get an N7 weapon?

I beat the silver reaper challenge

EDIT:

I had tracking on too

Troll

Banned
That Victory Pack was a huge waste

e: wait isnt there supposed to be something other than the Victory pack? Is it up yet?

Had some games with hackers. One guy had maphack, aimbot, and infinite ammo. Kind of took the fun out of it.

My favourite class right now is Human Sentinel. Alternate between Incinerate and Overload while using any gun and the drone.

Is there any way to respec without promotion?

rozay

Banned
I thought I was supposed to get an N7 weapon?

I beat the silver reaper challenge
if you or the host didn't have data tracking enabled, you didn't get it.
Had some games with hackers. One guy had maphack, aimbot, and infinite ammo. Kind of took the fun out of it.

My favourite class right now is Human Sentinel. Alternate between Incinerate and Overload while using any gun and the drone.

Is there any way to respec without promotion?

they're rare drops

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The N7 pack hasn't come up yet.

I wonder how the premium veteran pack stacks up. You get about 2.5 fewer cards on average... but you are also guaranteed two silvers.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Man whats a guy got to do to get a Geth shotgun, got the crappy Geth Assault rifle at level 5 :|

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The Victory Pack got me an Geth Plasma Shotgun Level 2, and the Premium Veteran Pack (which costs 33,000 credits and can be bought over and over) got me an M-22 Eviscerator and a Turian Soldier, but no N7 weapon... hmmmm.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Got a widow from the victory pack. Yay.

Still no N7 pack despite extracting against Reapers on Silver about 5 times and having data tracking enabled.

Hope this is just a delay...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Has anyone gotten the Commendation Pack yet? I know that I had stat tracking on, and I was host. I completed around 5 Silver Reaper Challenges throughout the weekend.

I did get a Geth Shotgun upgrade from the Victory Pack, though.

Fireflu

Bah, i just got a bunch of lousy batarian and geth characters to play as from the victory pack, what a waste of valuable time opening that pack.

Glad I read a few posts before panic-raging about my N7 pack. Seems that it just isn't up yet. Got the hornet from my victory pack, anyone have thoughts on that gun?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hang on a sec is the commendation pack the "N7 pack" or are the two separate packs that are yet to go up.

The Victory Pack and Commendation Pack are the two packs from the Challenge Weekend. Any other packs added are just updates and specials added.

milkham

anyone else only get a victory pack? i didn't get the commendation pack even though i for sure made it through several silver matches

An-Det

Not a bad Victory pack for me. The Premium Veteran Pack is nice, how long is that supposed to last?

Man whats a guy got to do to get a Geth shotgun, got the crappy Geth Assault rifle at level 5 :|

I got a Geth shotgun, so the answer is to be me.

Sectus

Victory pack seems like a veteran pack with one less item, that's not very exciting. It could have been a spectre pack at least. I got nothing interesting from it. Just an upgraded uncommon sniper rifle and a shotgun attachment upgrade.

MrDaravon

Same here, got the Victory Pack but not the N7 pack. Must have cleared at least 6-8 Silver games over the weekend, several of them with me hosting and I triple checked to make sure tracking was enabled. Something better just be fucked up.

What is this Victory Pack tomfoolery?

And the most precious thing just happened in a game that Moaradin and I were just in.

We got to Wave Ten. There are two Geth Prime in between us and the info node. Two Geth Flamers flank them. So we get fucked since they are all bunched together, and we decided to make a run for the node. So then this guy decides to rage over the in-game chat.

"You guys suck. You fucking suck. Go back to Silver - I mean Bronze. Whatever."

It was positively adorable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought the Victory pack was the N7 including one and the commendation one was the other random pack?

And is it free? If not can you get it multiple times?

Orca

What is this Victory Pack tomfoolery?

And the most precious thing just happened in a game that Moaradin and I were just in.

We got to Wave Ten. There are two Geth Prime in between us and the info node. Two Geth Flamers flank them. So we get fucked since they are all bunched together, and we decided to make a run for the node. So then this guy decides to rage over the in-game chat.

"You guys suck. You fucking suck. Go back to Silver - I mean Bronze. Whatever."

It was positively adorable.

Seems like the kind of thing one rocket would take care of :D

I was wondering why atlases were taking longer to down.

Found this for anyone still freaking out about commendation pack they'll be updating ppl's accounts for the next 2 hours (still nothing for me yet):

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-Multiplayer-Discussion-/Operation-Goliath-Rewards--10341890-1.html
Chris Priestly said:
Hi Everyone.

We want to thank you all for making Operation Goliath so successful. We had almost 3 million Brutes killed and many fans making it all the way to extraction at the end of the Silver challenge. Your awarded Victory packs for killing Brutes and Commendation packs for those who reached extraction on Silver (or better) will be on the way to you soon. We had underestimated how many of you would be successful in this challenge, so it will take a little longer to get the Commendation Packs to you. They will start to be activated at 5pm PST and will have all been activated by 9pm PST.

To get your rewards, you will need to restart Mass Effect 3 and then re-enter multiplayer. Once you have, visit the store and get your free pack or packs.

It will look like this (if you have both awards):

Also anyone notice the NEW Premium Veteran Pack for 33000Credits/120BWP? Guaranteed at least 2 Uncommons or better.

Cheech

Ooh. Got a Falcon upgrade in my victory pack. Nice. Btw, I played an absolute ton of reaper silvers over the weekend and no n7 pack yet. I'm not sweating it. I hosted a couple on 360 and I have tracking turned on. When it shows up I'll post if nobody beats me to it.

I did not get an N7 pack, for fecks sake :/ :/ :/

Beat silver a good handful of times too, how shit.

omg, my quarian engineer was already good and strong and they just buffed her turret? OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

best class confirmed.

Sentry Turret Power
- Increased base shields from 500 to 1000
- Increased base damage from 25 to 30
- Evolve 5 Rocket upgrade damage increased from 150 to 250
- Evolve 5 Rocket upgrade radius increased from 1.5 meters to 2.0 meters

Flame turret now officially gimped totally, go rocket it was already good.

Patch Notes for the lazy.

March 20, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phaeston Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [29.7-37.2] to [34.7-42.2]

Revenant Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [52.9-66.2] to [57.9-71.2]

Claymore Shotgun
- Damage increased from [152.8-191.0] to [167.8-206.0]

Falcon Assault Rifle
- Increased refire time on the Falcon to 0.65 seconds
- Decreased rate of fire from 125 to 50
- Decreased max spare ammo from [24-34] to [18-28]

Sentry Turret Power
- Increased base shields from 500 to 1000
- Increased base damage from 25 to 30

Combat Drone Power

Ops Survival Pack Consumable
- Increased amount of bonus shields given from 1000 to 1500

Atlas
- (Silver) Armor increased from 11250 to 12940
- (Silver) Shields increased from 11250 to 12940
- (Gold) Armor increased from 16875 to 21094
- (Gold) Shields increased from 16875 to 21094

Moaradin

I hope they buff Sentinel's Armor ability. I don't see much point in using it at all, especially since I need to use Overload a ton as Turian Sentinel. It's weird how the signature Sentinel ability is practically useless.

RS4-

Ugh, patches are rolled out in regions or something? Friend tried to invite me to a match just now, I got a "different version" warning lol

Okay, so I pulled a Widow from the Victory Pack.

Someone tell me that it's good, since the stats make it look like it's not much better than my Mantis VII, especially to go from +100% recharge to -19% recharge...

Those engineer buffs are fucking insane.

Glad to see these two skills buffed, I might finally try out my Quarian engineer now

Okay, so I pulled a Widow from the Victory Pack.

Someone tell me that it's good, since the stats make it look like it's not much better than my Mantis VII, especially to go from +100% recharge to -19% recharge...

IMO, unless your Widow is at the same lvl as your Mantis, I'd recommend using the Mantis instead. When both are X, you'll see that the Widow is the more powerful weapon, but since mine is still II, I'm sticking with my Mantis for now and praying for a Black Widow :p

Top Bottom