• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn, I just went with the flamethrower as the final upgrade to my sentry turret. Would have gone with rockets if I knew they were improving the base damage by that much :(.

On one hand, the engineer buffs are cool since it's my choice class, but on the other this means more people will be playing as one and stealin' my thunder.

X-Frame

So are the Drone rockets comparable to the flamethrower now or should Combat Drones and Sentry Turrets both take Rockets?

The flamethrower seemed very good on my Quarian though I rarely played as that class before I promoted it.

Cat Party

Decoy is one of the better skills in the game but I'd only put 3 points into it. You can recast it so duration isn't very useful and you're better off recasting instead of letting it die since recasts will maintain aggro. If it dies, enemies will aggro to players which you don't want so the explosion damage isn't very helpful.

After that I would spec out energy drain for damage to break shields off faster. I speced incinerate for radius since enemies will group on the decoy.

The class is mainly good against geth/cerberus since some of the reaper enemies will ignore the decoy.
Thanks, I'm glad I waited for input.

So are the Drone rockets comparable to the flamethrower now or should Combat Drones and Sentry Turrets both take Rockets?

The flamethrower seemed very good on my Quarian though I rarely played as that class before I promoted it.

88 damage per second is good, with the turret being able to soak up double the hits now it will make the fire attack even better but I prefer rockets myself, they would fire from any range which is what I loved about my turret, current build was trying out other stuff but once I hit 20 again it's straight back to rocket build for me.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Have they not released the N7 packs yet? I beat reaper silver a good 10+ times during the challenge with data tracking on but there is nothing available?

In the process apparently. Should be rolled out for everyone by 9pm PST.

Picked up a Geth Pulse Rifle I in my Victory pack. First rare item since I've just moved up to veteran packs after maxing out on Recruit packs.

X-Frame

Going to be buying the Premium Veteran Pack now since it's a better bang for your buck to get Uncommon items, and I need to level up and unlock more of those. Most of my Commons are already done so no point in me getting Recruits anymore.

Alright lads...so what's better?

The Widow II

or the Javelin I

I'm looking at the comparison but they're virtually identical.

Javelin because it sounds awesome when you shoot it. :)

Moaradin

So what do people buy with the credits? Is it better to buy x3 20k Credit packs or 1 60k credit pack?

I really need better weapons...

Right now I'm only buying Recruit packs to max out all the low level unlocks. Then, I'm not sure if I should buy veteran or save for spectre.

Alright lads...so what's better?

The Widow II

or the Javelin I

I'm looking at the comparison but they're virtually identical.

Well Javelin has a purple outline around enemies, seems to have a faster reload, has a better sound (imo), but has a weird scope and a slight delay with firing. I personally find the delay fun, but whatever.

Chocobro

Gah, I got Falcon II in my Victory Pack. Perfect timing, just when it gets slightly nerfed ¬_¬ I'm still waiting for my Commendation Pack though. Andddd the Premium Veteran Pack looks neat, looks like I'll be buying those now.

Xevren

Can I get added to the OP? I sent a fr to the meta tag for XBL, randoms tonight have been driving me nuts.

XBL tag is Xevren11

Primarily play on silver with asari adept or salarian engineer.

Dreamer RD

Got 3 medi gels, power eff module 2,
+12500 XP human engineer
+50000 XP salarian engineer
+50000 XP turian sentinel

from premium veteran pack
what a fucking garbage

Woo-Fu

Banned
The Falcon nerf was more than "slightly".

It isn't worth the weight now unless you're a) the host, and b) a Turian Soldier. That sad part is they reduced the rate of fire significantly and you still lose 1/3 of your shots to lag.

I went into a silver match with it as an engineer. Thankfully I had my trusty backup SMG or I would have had it rough.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
No victory pack either? So do you guys even see the special equipment packs and stuff, or has it been rookie/vet/Spectre and that's that?

We get the special unlocks too when they're up, which is why the "technical difficulties" excuse is complete and utter bullshit.

I've been getting crap in my packs today. The best thing I got today was a respec :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sooo when do we get the N7 packs?

gokieks

Got Carnifex V out of Victory pack, which I guess is good enough since I use it across so many classes.

And I personally prefer Widow/Black Widow to Javelin, because the delay on the Javelin is quite annoying, especially if you're not hosting.

Omega

Banned
How do you get the N7 pack? Me and my friends all played in the same match, they got theirs and I didn't get mine.

We all had a full extraction..

the fuck?

I got the victory pack - but I didn't get the pack for defeating geth on silver. We had a full extraction. Feedback was on and I did it multiple times too.

*edit, I'll try exiting out to the dashboard.

DarkKyo

I exited to dashboard and went back in. No N7 yet :( hopefully when I boot it up later it will be there. Did at least 2 full extractions vs. reaper over the weekend.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
the fuck?

I got the victory pack - but I didn't get the pack for defeating geth on silver. We had a full extraction. Feedback was on and I did it multiple times too.

Reapers, not Geth.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
the fuck?

You know the pack was for defeating Reapers on silver right?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Valiant! How does this stack up against the Widow?

Top Bottom