• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

exYle

Why the bloody fuck are the Geth the most ridiculously overpowered enemy

Seriously, the moment a pyro starts actually hitting you, just drop your controller. You're dead.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Still no N7 pack okay.jpg

Seriously, the moment a pyro starts actually hitting you, just drop your controller. You're dead.

Geth can deal damage quickly but I find them by far the easiest enemy in the game. They don't have the variety or super units of the Reapers and Cerberus. All they've got are troops and, if you're an infiltrator popping heads, they're all pretty easy to down. Even Geth Primes aren't all that tough. I wish they had another unit, something a bit strong.

Kyoufu

Feels good to be a Vanguard. I see 2-3 Pyros taking a shit on my team so I just charge in and perma stagger them.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yay, I got a Victory pack even though I probably only did one or two qualifying matches. Freeloadin' off of the hard work of others, just how I like it

edit - Some supplies and a Vindicator. I want a refund.

Crusader is actually pretty awesome on my Krogan Sentry. I have no other good shotguns, so I don't know if it is actual good, or just better good.

Finally got a Salarian! Engineer through the Special pack. Will buy again based on early success.

Serious

Nothing but a Viper from the "Victory" pack, and just a Hurricane from the commendation pack. What a waste.

I even gave the SMG a shot with the Turian Soldier (with capacity/damage mods), and while it's interesting, it feels like a curiosity at best. And Turian Soldier is the best case scenario with this gun.

AlStrong

Got the N7 pistol and Falcon II. *shrug*

Anyone think the new veteran pack is worth it?

edit:

Just picked up Falcon III with spectre pack. :p yeesh. I'll give it a try later... My firing rate was never that high when I actually used it.

I'm getting mixed messages here! :lol

lol avatar quote :D. If you're doing this for human, why not make both and try them out? I personally went with damage because I only use Incinerate on Armored targets and would rater take them out as quickly as possible lol

exYle

Geth can deal damage quickly but I find them by far the easiest enemy in the game. They don't have the variety or super units of the Reapers and Cerberus. All they've got are troops and, if you're an infiltrator popping heads, they're all pretty easy to down. Even Geth Primes aren't all that tough. I wish they had another unit, something a bit strong.

And therein lies the problem. Once a group of pyros or hunters corner you somewhere, you are practically done for.

Fireflu

Still no N7 pack okay.jpg

Which is why im baffled there are no geth armatures in the game, they would fit that atlas/banshee slot like a glove.

Dang, my XBL is being stupid with the automatic payment. Now I can't log on to XBL and play. :(

So there are packs out right now that are guaranteed to give you an N7 weapon? FML.

Serious

Which is why im baffled there are no geth armatures in the game, they would fit that atlas/banshee slot like a glove.

Technically, Geth already have Primes that fill that slot. The problem is that there's nothing like the Phantoms or Ravagers. Geth really needed another unit like the Armatures or the Hoppers from ME1. The problem is that on Gold, there's too few Geth units, so they just throw mountains of Pyros and Hunters at you. Both are insanely deadly at short range and target practice at long range. So the way the Geth end up playing is that if you have the damage and CC (Decoy especially), you just kill them all before they get to you. But if you get flanked or you can't kill them fast enough, down you go.

There needs to be another long range Geth unit, Armatures could help with this, hell, give them an attack similar to Harbinger's that knocks players from cover, since the Geth don't have another "flushing" mechanism.

this guy

Thanks go out to those who helped me unlock the unwavering achievement. It's fun playing the game with a group of guys who know what they're doing for a change.

I'm getting mixed messages here! :lol

I find that enemies aren't grouped up close enough and often enough for radius to be effective. I also go extremely light into combat normally with just a single assault rifle and that's it. This allows me to spam incinerate so fast that I can spread to all the targets I need to anyways.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I find that enemies aren't grouped up close enough and often enough for radius to be effective. I also go extremely light into combat normally with just a single assault rifle and that's it. This allows me to spam incinerate so fast that I can spread to all the targets I need to anyways.

Yep. I went with pure damage for incinerate since it takes down most enemies super fast when combined with assault rifle fire. Plus, it's nice for spamming against heavy enemies too.

Fireflu

We totally need a future dlc that adds beasts as an enemy type.

There are easily enough creatures to fill each position. Varren as the base cannon fodder, something like the klixen from mass effect 2 as the mid range tier (if you dont remember these here: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Klixen). Then yahg would be an awesome brute like class, finally something like the harvester (non-husked ofcourse) for the top tier enemy type. Make it happen bioware.

In addition it would be nice if they could find a way to work in Adjutants (enemies from the comic invasion) into a class or as a new enemy type. I know they were cut for physics engine issues but sort it out BW plz.

Also, although this is totally none cannon to the story it would be so boss to have collectors return as an enemy type (there are 2 or 3 variants of the collector enemy i cant think of off the top of my head)

EDIT: ONE MO, it would be great to have a large vehicular based map (using hammerheads or makos) and big enemy types such as thresher maws. I just remembered how fun the firefight games were from Halo ODST on those big sprawling vehicle based maps.

Fireflu

Got another one, a second reaper enemy type but this time just using ambient wildlife from the previous games.

Gasbags, tripod crabs, pyjaks, six legged deer things, space cows and pigeons. And for the top god tier class enemy, space hampsters. Hooooly shit.

RyanDG

So... Asari Adept. Best class or Bestest class?

If the lag issues weren't so prevalent with the vanguard I wouldn't ever switch from my double nova charge rinse repeat over and over again. But since it is, I've decided the Asari Adept and my glass cannon build is the greatest thing ever.

Kyoufu

If the lag issues weren't so prevalent with the vanguard I wouldn't ever switch from my double nova charge rinse repeat over and over again. But since it is, I've decided the Asari Adept and my glass cannon build is the greatest thing ever.

Just host your games when you want to play Vanguard. Guaranteed credits that way :)

I got 120k score last game because the team kept dying to Geth Pyros, but they couldn't touch my Nova spamming ass.

My fav class (Warp/Throw Spam is the best Spam :)) but lately I've been getting a lot of bugs, sometimes my Biotic skills would not show the animation but still do damage, I'd have to guestimate how my shot would arc. Also I've had it happen twice in two separate games that after I stasis bubble some phantoms, they'd sorta clip through the map and would teleport around...

O and Bioware was kind enough to give me my favorite sniper rifle from Singleplayer, N7 Valiant baby :D

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I like Drell Adept, but what's with the awful sound of Reave? Even if im not playing one but another player is, i can hear the goddamn sound from the other side of the room and it can last for a long time unless there is a pause between waves.

Achtius

Just host your games when you want to play Vanguard. Guaranteed credits that way :)

I got 120k score last game because the team kept dying to Geth Pyros, but they couldn't touch my Nova spamming ass.

yea wtf is up with that XD

pyro keep sneaking up on me :(

Throw a harvester or tyrant in there for reapers...

Geth...add that Geth Colossus...and maybe those weirdo jumping things...

Cerberus...not sure what to add here.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
God damn randoms keep getting dominated by pyros. I set up a decoy to block a side and they all focus on killing them and not watching any other angle.

Kyoufu

God damn randoms keep getting dominated by pyros. I set up a decoy to block a side and they all focus on killing them and not watching any other angle.

It's absolutely hilarious watching randoms try to revive each other right next to a Pyro. So hilarious seeing them get flamed down lol

GorillaJu

I got a Widow and was ecstatic until I saw how fucking heavy it is. Is the Black Widow any lighter? How can I sneak around invis if my CD for everything is going to be ridiculously long? sad face!

Balphon

I got a Widow and was ecstatic until I saw how fucking heavy it is. Is the Black Widow any lighter? How can I sneak around invis if my CD for everything is going to be ridiculously long? sad face!

The Widow/Black Widow/Javelin all have the same weight stat, IIRC.

Moaradin

Throw a harvester or tyrant in there for reapers...

Geth...add that Geth Colossus...and maybe those weirdo jumping things...

Cerberus...not sure what to add here.

I think they just aren't in the MP because of map restrictions. For some it might work, but for others like in-door only maps, it couldn't work.

The time it takes for the CD to reset is just a little longer then it takes to reload all those guns so its not really a big deal anyways.

Top Bottom