• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Stantron

I've got my Infiltrator class up to level 12 via recruitment packs with all races unlocked but I haven't used it yet. Maybe I'll give it a shot tonight.

Kewl, got an N7 sniper rifle and the Carnifex from the event packs.

Same here, I was pleased. Already had a Carnifex, so this made it Carnifex II, but there seemed to be a noticeable improvement in the gun; I wasn't expecting that.

I immediately put the N7 Valiant on my Infiltrator built to do sniper damage. Worked pretty well.

Mindlog

Wow. People were not kidding when talking about the, N7 Crusader. It's basically a giant heavy Carnifax with no scope but a much faster rate of fire. It also penetrates cover. Try using it on an Atlas.

More adepting: Gold cleared in 17:21.
Drell Adepts please pay attention. You should always be reaving -_-

Kenaras

I always say "Lead with Nova, not Charge" for Vanguards because it allows you to survey the situation before committing. This is not an anti-Banshee tactic... in fact, I *never* engage Banshees with Charge/Nova specifically because of their huge range on the OHKO...

Also, sidenote on the Banshees: their barriers DO dictate the range of their OHKO. I've been pulled in then released (but the banshee still alive) when my teammates dropped her barriers before I got skewered. This means you can Charge/Nova once her barriers are dropped, but *not* before.

Whenever Banshees start moving in, I usually break off from the group and make it my mission to hunt down Ravagers, or Marauders if I can't find any living Ravagers. This prevents the Reaper ranged units from wiping out the rest of the group while they kite the Banshee around, and prevents me from being OHKO'd.

Also, you can engage Banshees at close range, but you have to be careful:
1) Stay the hell away while her swirly barrier is up. A max-range Nova from behind is potentially safe, but not worth it. A Charge is never completely safe, even if her back is turned.
2) If her swirly barrier is down, you can safely Nova as long as you stay at range. You can also Charge her while her attention is elsewhere, but you should immediately backroll afterwards to gain distance. Charging her from the front isn't safe.
3) If she is in the middle of an attack (giant warp ball, AoE burst) you can safely Charge/Nova with impunity. She can't OHKO you until she completes her attack recovery animation, which guarantees you enough time to regain some distance.

Dave_6

Oh man, finally a Carnifex.

It's awesome.

My human engineer has been level 20 for a few days now so I need to hurry up and come across a Drell Adept and/or a Salarian Infiltrator.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Asari adept. Need one of those too.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Am I imagining things or did they nerf the Falcon? Firing speed (waay slower) and ammo cap (9 in mag + 19 down from 8 in mag + 24) is way down from yesterday.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Am I imagining things or did they nerf the Falcon? Firing speed (waay slower) and ammo cap (9 in mag + 19 down from 8 in mag + 24) is way down from yesterday.

They nerfed the crap out of it. RoF from 125 to 50. I don't know how that number relates exactly but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that the RoF is less than HALF of what it was.

Lag still eats some of your grenades too. Unless you're hosting as a turian soldier I think you have better options. :)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
They nerfed the crap out of it. RoF from 125 to 50. I don't know how that number relates exactly but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that the RoF is less than HALF of what it was.

Lag still eats some of your grenades too. Unless you're hosting as a turian soldier I think you have better options. :)

Yeah it's way too slow now, even if you pace your trigger presses you end up pressing once in-between shots. Meh, Geth Plasma Shotty to the rescue.

I want to try other shotguns, but my Geth Plasma Shotgun VII keeps calling to me. It dishes out damage and can hold 46 shots.

Any other shotgun as good or better than the Geth one?

Also, with the nerfed Falcon, what is the best assault rifle now?

eek5

Geth Plasma Shotty is OP. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed in a future update. It's seriously too good!

Woo-Fu

Banned
Unlock tokens are per character and not per class.

I feel bad for using one instead of promoting now.

If you keep playing you'll have more than you'll need. I have 5 or 6 just sitting there right now that I don't need. I get one every other spectre pack, or so it seems.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Got my commendation pack after sending EA support an email. Cool.

Mindlog

Got my commendation pack after sending EA support an email. Cool.
But what did you get?

I used an engineer and the combat drone was getting kills. Weird.

vvv That's what I said at first. Put the smart choke and barrel on it. Then use it exactly like you would a Carnifax.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Another fucking shotgun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The worst glitch I came across was yesterday when randomly buttons stopped working. Enemies wouldn't shoot at me. It was like I was a ghost in the world. Melee wouldn't work or do anything. Shots would go straight through everything. Couldn't reload or get ammo. Couldn't revive teammates even though I checked and was still in the game. Isn't that insulting when your standing above a dead body hammering A and it won't do shit. Couldn't trigger objectives. Could take splash damage though, so I tried my hardest to kill myself and finally did after maybe 5-10 mins in the same wave with useless teammates, and stuff went back to normal.

Maybe not a glitch, maybe it was that fucker hacking, flying a metre above the extraction point making us not get a full extraction. He glitched under the map and died and his body was spazzing everywhere. Or maybe that was all glitching too.

I like the way they're handing multiplayer at the moment, but it has a long ways to go. As a litmus test, this is fantastic, and is making me eat crow for "why the fuck would I want multiplayer" comments I've made earlier. It's unique, and does a lot of progressive things to distinguish itself from the rest even though it's behind the curve in other areas. It's jus really demotivating to play a 20 minute match and to have your teammates go off on some Rambo shit on Wave 10. I'm already not a fan of long multiplayer sessions (I really dislike the length of LoL and Starcraft games, for example) and in the context of a team effort, it's more frustrating to me than anything else. In its current state, I'm not sure how much longer I'll stay hooked. Maybe some free DLC from the Gameplay Content Initiative would keep me in the zone. Right now I'm motivated to fill out that checklist, which I've printed out.

Maybe I should switch to Silver from Bronze, but I'm scared knowing already how many useless people I find on Bronze.

X-Frame

The Premiun Veteran Pack seems to be the best bang for your buck in terms of unlocks. It's great for maxing out all gray unlocks. Got quite a few golds in the packs too.

I want the Paladin (or Carnifex) *soooo* bad! It's easily my #1 most wanted gun right now.

However, I unlocked the Geth Plasma Shotgun last night, and I must say, that gun is AWESOME! I've been using it with my Krogan soldier and it suits his playstyle so well -- it's great short-range when rushing in for melee, but also super effective mid-range.

BTW: If anyone hasn't played a Krogan class yet, I highly recommend it. So much fun! And great a change of pace from the other classes.

alexel

The worst glitch I came across was yesterday when randomly buttons stopped working. Enemies wouldn't shoot at me. It was like I was a ghost in the world. Melee wouldn't work or do anything. Shots would go straight through everything. Couldn't reload or get ammo. Couldn't revive teammates even though I checked and was still in the game. Isn't that insulting when your standing above a dead body hammering A and it won't do shit. Couldn't trigger objectives. Could take splash damage though, so I tried my hardest to kill myself and finally did after maybe 5-10 mins in the same wave with useless teammates, and stuff went back to normal.

Maybe not a glitch, maybe it was that fucker hacking, flying a metre above the extraction point making us not get a full extraction. He glitched under the map and died and his body was spazzing everywhere. Or maybe that was all glitching too.

I like the way they're handing multiplayer at the moment, but it has a long ways to go. As a litmus test, this is fantastic, and is making me eat crow for "why the fuck would I want multiplayer" comments I've made earlier. It's unique, and does a lot of progressive things to distinguish itself from the rest even though it's behind the curve in other areas. It's jus really demotivating to play a 20 minute match and to have your teammates go off on some Rambo shit on Wave 10. I'm already not a fan of long multiplayer sessions (I really dislike the length of LoL and Starcraft games, for example) and in the context of a team effort, it's more frustrating to me than anything else. In its current state, I'm not sure how much longer I'll stay hooked. Maybe some free DLC from the Gameplay Content Initiative would keep me in the zone. Right now I'm motivated to fill out that checklist, which I've printed out.

Maybe I should switch to Silver from Bronze, but I'm scared knowing already how many useless people I find on Bronze.

The guy warping around is just a vanguard that hit a lag spike mid charge

AlStrong

Is there something I should know about Black Widow? I've got Mantis IX and the specs are pretty much identical aside from weight (BW is twice as heavy :p).

X-Frame

Is there something I should know about Black Widow? I've got Mantis IX and the specs are pretty much identical aside from weight (BW is twice as heavy :p).

3 shots vs. 1 shot before reloading.

Also, I think the BW has naturally more powerful penetration such as shooting through guardian shields, cover, etc.

In gold, normal guns can only peel off 1 layer of health/armor/shields at a time. So say you use your Mantis and try to head shot an enemy while stealthed, at most you can do is take down their shield, regardless how much of the shield is left (doesn't matter if its full or just 1 block left, you can only take off shields with the first shot). No damage will be transferred to "health" and you won't be able to do a 1 shot kill. The only sniper rifles that can bypass multiple layers are the Widow, Black Widow and Javelin; that's why nearly every sniper in gold is a Widow or BW

Got up to the end game in single-player, without playing multi, and now nobody wants to play with my level 1 ass. Got booted from lobbies for the past half hour straight. D'oh!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Got up to the end game in single-player, without playing multi, and now nobody wants to play with my level 1 ass. Got booted from lobbies for the past half hour straight. D'oh!

Weird, i didnt get booted once, even with new characters. Are you at least playing on bronze?

Xevren

If it's your first time playing be sure to set it to bronze, think it defaults to silver so people don't really want to play silver with level 1's.

Had a crazy good game to end my night on, on a silver match. First round some idiot vanguard dies instantly and quits out, luckily I was paired up with a really good asari vanguard and adept and we ended up getting through it. Seriously in love with the Paladin, I'm sorry for ever doubting you!

AlStrong

3 shots vs. 1 shot before reloading.

Also, I think the BW has naturally more powerful penetration such as shooting through guardian shields, cover, etc.

In gold, normal guns can only peel off 1 layer of health/armor/shields at a time. So say you use your Mantis and try to head shot an enemy while stealthed, at most you can do is take down their shield, regardless how much of the shield is left (doesn't matter if its full or just 1 block left, you can only take off shields with the first shot). No damage will be transferred to "health" and you won't be able to do a 1 shot kill. The only sniper rifles that can bypass multiple layers are the Widow, Black Widow and Javelin; that's why nearly every sniper in gold is a Widow or BW

Thanks! :)

I tend to just play on bronze, occasionally silver, so I guess I'm mostly fine sticking to the mantis?

Vanguards are the most obnoxious class, when I see one on my team I get sad. Every time they just go off on their own while the team sticks together, spamming nova. And they end up dying on the far reaches of the map... one time this vanguard never even picked up anyone, just so he could be alone and be a "badass".

rozay

Banned
Vanguards are the most obnoxious class, when I see one on my team I get sad. Every time they just go off on their own while the team sticks together, spamming nova. And they end up dying on the far reaches of the map... one time this vanguard never even picked up anyone, just so he could be alone and be a "badass".
The worst "lone wolf" I've played with was an adept who ran off on firebase white on the opposite side of the map to farm with biotic explosions. He ended up using both medigels then quit the 3rd time he died lol

Thanks! :)

I tend to just play on bronze, occasionally silver, so I guess I'm mostly fine sticking to the mantis?

Yea if you're only doing bronze/silver a high level mantis is the way to go. Unless your Widow is on par with the Mantis level wise, its usually best to take the Mantis. I have a Mantis IX and a Widow II and prefer the Mantis due to weight in those games (tho I got the N7 valiant now and thats fun to mess with too :3)

Top Bottom