• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Edgeward

Well the new vet pack gave me a drell adept. How should I spec it? The builds I see rely pretty heavily on cluster grenades.

Also got a shotgun from the n7 pack. -_- I only use SMG or ARs.

Croc

Banned
I got the N7 Valiant and the M-76 Revenant; don't see myself using either.

I'm liking the spamming Recruit packs strategy though. Just after 1 match I got 2 upgrades to my Predator with the credits.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
RANDOOOOOOOMS!

thEb9.jpg

Well the new vet pack gave me a drell adept. How should I spec it? The builds I see rely pretty heavily on cluster grenades.

6/6/6/5/3
Reave: Radius, Damage Protection, Damage/Duration
Pull: Radius, Expose, Duration/Combo
Cluster Grenade: Damage, Max Grenades, Shrapnel (this is basically an extra grenade in the cluster)
Drell Assassin: Power damage, power damage

This basically turns you into Biotic 'Splosion Man.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I figure at this point I'm not going to get an N7 pack. Lame.

Mr Jared

Is anyone playing with lower-level characters right now? I got a Level 13 Sentinel who is tired of rage quits :(

Send an invite to "Mr Jared"

DERP. Xbox Live.

eek5

If you have a class at level 20 will you continue to get character cards for people in that class?

Yes. Even when you unlock all character customizations and have your characters at level 20, you'll still receive cards. Fucking sucks

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, the Premium Veteran Pack is giving me all the characters I would ever want... one week ago. I was hoping to just spam silver weapons and hopefully get some silver mods, but that ain't happening.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Playing Turian Soldier is fun but ugh... the fact that concussive shot is pretty much worthless and the lack of rolls is heartbreaking.

Nothing like standing in front of an Atlas with a Vindicator mowing down a mob while high off Marksman pills though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Man, the Premium Veteran Pack is giving me all the characters I would ever want... one week ago. I was hoping to just spam silver weapons and hopefully get some silver mods, but that ain't happening.

I keep unlocking shotguns and shotgun parts.

And I main infiltrator.

Fuck you gaaaaame.

Croc

Banned

I've only unlocked one but it got me an Asari Vanguard so I guess so far it's the same for me.

I need some tech help here. Two games have caused me on loosing the connection from the game, those are two EA games, Battlefield and Mass Effect. What the fuck should I do?

Nothing is using the connection in my house.

Nert

This luck of the draw unlock system is simultaneously infuriating and addicting. My initial reaction to getting more SMG mods instead of characters that I want to play as is "BULLSHIT," but then I immediately start up another match and begin to look forward to opening another pack : /

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I keep unlocking shotguns and shotgun parts.

And I main infiltrator.

Fuck you gaaaaame.
I have full shotgun mods now at least. lol
I really want sniper mods... so I'm hoping I'll start getting some of that stuff now. I'm not sure if every silver card has the same chance of appearing of if certain types of cards get priority... it certainly felt that way after opening all those packs.

I've only unlocked one but it got me an Asari Vanguard so I guess so far it's the same for me.
I just find it funny that the game feels like it's screwing with you with these RNG rolls. lol

I seemed to get more weapons when unlocking Spectre packs, but I figure when I get back to those, I'll probably get screwed in another way.

EatChildren

So am I the only person who missed out on an N7 pack?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So am I the only person who missed out on an N7 pack?
:(

Maybe you got
indoctrinated

Oh, also, if you want to farm - Salarian Infiltrators with Salarian Engineers. Holy crap that combo is so cheap against the Geth. We managed to beat one in 28 minutes, which I think is my best time.

Balphon

Whenever I play the Drell Adept I find myself desperately wishing it had Throw instead of Pull.

Oh well. Cluster Grenades are awesome.

Mupod

Man, I love Krogan Sentinel. I don't think I'll ever get tired of punching Cerberus soldiers off the map in that Tuchanka level.

I just feel like I'm a failure of a Krogan for still using a tiny little pistol, but I've grown attached to my Paladin. My build is set up to use the heaviest weapons with no repercussions, but I still haven't found a Black Widow so I've been using that pistol instead. However even if I did get the sniper rifle, I can put a melee damage booster on my pistol and it seems to have no trouble killing anything on Silver.

I keep a Revenant around for things with shields and it works alright as long as I'm in cover. I can barely hit the broad side of an Atlas with it otherwise.

Xevren

No luck on getting a Carnifex, but I got a Scorpion and Paladin from spectre packs today. Is the Carnifex lighter than the Paladin? I like it, but I was hoping for 200% recharge =/

Stantron

Geez, the N7 Hurricane SMG kicks like a mule. Short bursts of fire help control this a little bit. So so gun, but I like the sound effect. I'm curious to pair it with the marksman skill and increased rate of fire upgrades.

No luck on getting a Carnifex, but I got a Scorpion and Paladin from spectre packs today. Is the Carnifex lighter than the Paladin? I like it, but I was hoping for 200% recharge =/

I think they are the same. You are Lucky though! I have been trying to get the Paladin, but 3 out of my last 5 packs contained the Carnifex. lol The only N7 Weapon i have pulled is the Saber.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know how much the Paladin weights, but I use the Carniflex on my Engineer and I can still cast space magic pretty quickly. And of course, you can snipe the heck out of anyone with it equipped.

Geez, the N7 Hurricane SMG kicks like a mule. Short bursts of fire help control this a little bit. So so gun, but I like the sound effect. I'm curious to pair it with the marksman skill and increased rate of fire upgrades.

I was so pissed to pull the Hurricane. Hadn't used it before, tried it for a single round, switched back to the Phalanx. ugh.

What a great ME3 day yesterday...

1) Victory pack netted me one silver...an upgrade to a useless pistol I already have.
2) No N7 pack.
3) Was in my first reasonably-successful gold match and my system froze on wave 7. Managed to reboot and get back in, but lost the reward money--we didn't make it to wave 10 either.

So a big nothing on the day that I was looking forward to a random N7 weapon, a victory pack which sounded like it could be promising, and the ability to finally try out gold.

On the bright side, I didn't get the N7 SMG, so there's that...

I forget who I replied to, but in my post a few pages back about "Lead with *Nova*, not Charge" as a reply to someone accidentally targeting a Banshee... this is what I meant.

I always say "Lead with Nova, not Charge" for Vanguards because it allows you to survey the situation before committing. This is not an anti-Banshee tactic... in fact, I *never* engage Banshees with Charge/Nova specifically because of their huge range on the OHKO.

For the Vanguard players, trust me... learn to break the habit of leading with Charge, and you CAN survive (and be the top scorer) on Gold. All too many Vanguards lead with Charge and it WILL get you killed. Remember, your main offensive weapon is NOVA, not Charge. Use Charge as your lifesaver skill... and ONLY when you need it. It's easy to get into bad habits on Bronze, but to use the class effectively lead with NOVA.

What does this mean? Just run up to the enemies. Leading with Nova means if you see an immediate threat to survival you didn't see initially (Turret, Banshee, too many enemies, etc.), then you can Charge to get your shields back so you can book it out of there. Lead with Nova, use melee/weapon to pick off stragglers, reserve Charge for the critical moments. Learning to use Charge to *save your life* instead of offense takes some work, but you WILL become a better Vanguard player.

Also, sidenote on the Banshees: their barriers DO dictate the range of their OHKO. I've been pulled in then released (but the banshee still alive) when my teammates dropped her barriers before I got skewered. This means you can Charge/Nova once her barriers are dropped, but *not* before.

Oh, also, if you want to farm - Salarian Infiltrators with Salarian Engineers. Holy crap that combo is so cheap against the Geth. We managed to beat one in 28 minutes, which I think is my best time.

Been trying to get this now that Sabotage has been nerfed and my quarian infilitrator's usefulness dropped.

Are they gold or silver cards? If I know that, it'll at least help with picking the right packs to farm. :(

Top Bottom