• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Dreamer RD

Vanguards are the most obnoxious class, when I see one on my team I get sad. Every time they just go off on their own while the team sticks together, spamming nova. And they end up dying on the far reaches of the map... one time this vanguard never even picked up anyone, just so he could be alone and be a "badass".

Any class can be a piece of shit in noob hands. Human Vanguard is amazing. Already cleared 3 maps on Gold with that beast.

Kyoufu

Vanguards are the most obnoxious class, when I see one on my team I get sad. Every time they just go off on their own while the team sticks together, spamming nova. And they end up dying on the far reaches of the map... one time this vanguard never even picked up anyone, just so he could be alone and be a "badass".

It's not really a Vanguard's job to revive players. Other classes are waaaaaaay better at it.

Maybe you should follow the Vanguard instead? I mean, Vanguard is pretty much the best class in the game, like them or not, they score the most points for a reason.

With that being said, the good Vanguards are the ones that help the team by tanking those pesky Pyros, Brutes, Atlas Mechs, etc. I find that if I leave my team alone with those enemies (especially Pyros) then they all die so if you don't see the Vanguard being the "tank" then yell at him.

eek5

Any class can be a piece of shit in noob hands. Human Vanguard is amazing. Already cleared 3 maps on Gold with that beast.

The problem is the majority of vanguard players are piece of shit noobs. I pretty much kick all of them out of gold matches. I've probably played with 40+ shit vanguard noobs in silver/gold and 1 good player.

Kyoufu

The problem is the majority of vanguard players are piece of shit noobs. I pretty much kick all of them out of gold matches. I've probably played with 40+ shit vanguard noobs in silver/gold and 1 good player.

This is true. Most Vanguards don't even spec into Half Blast, so they're not really efficient. I did play with a very good Asari Vanguard the other day though.

Dreamer RD

Well yeah. But nobody forces you to play with noobs. I always look at their weapons and obviously if there is heavy weapons with like minus 200% recharge rate, then they should get kicked or just exit lobby.

USIGSJ

If you unlock a card for it, yes.

Edit: Beaten.

Last 2 days I've been trying out salarian engineer build from xtortionist, and wow is that thing powerful against the geth. One match on silver on Galcier map 2 players left after 3 rounds leaving me and one friend. Although I really don't dig that map for MP, the two of us were still the whole match in control because I was just spamming decoy at one point, while we would take care of the enemies on another. Today played several matches with one more guy playing salarian engineer on White, and really 2 of them can control the map, only thing those other 2 players need to do is go pew pew on easy targets.

Kyoufu

Another thing I'd like to point out regarding Vanguards is if he/she is not hosting and ends up with a not so decent host, then he/she is pretty much useless as lag will inevitably kill him/her.

I have to host games if I want a flawless Vanguard experience.

Cheech

Unlocked a Quarian engineer. Haven't played it yet, but I'm wondering what the strat is. I specced up any freeze skill I can for the incinerate bonus, including stocking the turret with freeze ammo.

Even though I'm lev 18, I'm thinking about doing a bronze run first. Seems like I would miss overload and my probe.

USIGSJ

Another thing I'd like to point out regarding Vanguards is if he/she is not hosting and ends up with a not so decent host, then he/she is pretty much useless as lag will inevitably kill him/her.

I have to host games if I want a flawless Vanguard experience.

Same here unless I'm playing on bronze. Even that tiny bit of lag is enough to make a difference between being alive and dead.

So, Salarian Engineer. I'm playing with a pistol (Predator only, le sigh) and throwing out bullets like candy behind a decoy, drain on recharge

Sniper rifle better? At least until I get the Carnifex?

It seems like this strategy it is better not to use cover, and the decoy acts as cover, essentially. Am I missing something, aside from the potential that somebody flanks or comes up from behind you? Is this no longer viable on Silver/Gold?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Commendation pack as in N7 gun pack?

Yep. Logged in with my EA account, went through their support page, shot them a Mass Effect 3 related email politely explaining that I participated in the event, had data sharing turned on, completed the objected, but did not receive my pack, and was wondering if there was anything I could do to get it.

They activated it on my BioWare account. Anybody who has the pack will have it listed on their game entitlements page on the BSN. If it's not there, you don't have one. Contact EA like I did and they should activate it for you.

Yep. Logged in with my EA account, went through their support page, shot them a Mass Effect 3 related email politely explaining that I participated in the event, had data sharing turned on, completed the objected, but did not receive my pack, and was wondering if there was anything I could do to get it.

They activated it on my BioWare account. Anybody who has the pack will have it listed on their game entitlements page on the BSN. If it's not there, you don't have one. Contact EA like I did and they should activate it for you.

Hmm. Also listed as a 360 entitlement for a PC player. I guess if you play both (with the leveling up and card system, why?) you can get access to it twice for beating on one system.

this guy

I've got an accounting exam to study for, and the allure of this game is proving to be strong.... You already screwed me over for one exam damnit!

X-Frame

Unlocked a Quarian engineer. Haven't played it yet, but I'm wondering what the strat is. I specced up any freeze skill I can for the incinerate bonus, including stocking the turret with freeze ammo.

Even though I'm lev 18, I'm thinking about doing a bronze run first. Seems like I would miss overload and my probe.

I went with AP Ammo, and then the flamethrower. And I am leveling up Incinerate and carrying a Carnifex so armored enemies hate me.

Toss the sentry turret in a corner and spam Incinerate and everyone lights on fire. Pretty cool.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Infiltrator + Raptor Sniper feels like cheating. And im just a lvl 11 human with Raptor I. Can't wait to see how OP i will be once im lvl 20 with a better rank of Raptor.

eek5

1269.jpg

Damn this dude has a high N7 rank lol

Kyoufu

I feel so useless as a Quarian Infiltrator against non-Geth (other than being the best medic).

In fact I'm finding it hard to play anything other than Vanguard due to the sheer decimation it unleashes.

edit: 483k credits FUCK YOU!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Firebase Glacier with Reapers has to be the hardest level/enemy combination. At least with the Widow I can shoot through all the glass.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, i should do more silver/gold matches... been sticking to bronze too much and 15k credits every 20 mins is not enough.

Mindlog

http://www.4mul8.net/up/files/2006_geb6s/1269.jpg

Damn this dude has a high N7 rank lol
Damn. That Turian Soldier is playing just fine on Gold. I wanted to use my TS on Silver and had trouble getting the game going. When I finally managed to start one it was a breeze.

I know some people still don't like it, but with mods and amps a marksmanned Phaeston reminds me of the Collector Particle Beam. I always get the gold headshots medal using marksman + Phaeston.

The Falcon nerf would have been fine if it fixed the ghost fire issue. Now a ghost fire is incredibly expensive.

Giard

Another Engineer question....what should I take as rank 5 and 6 skills for the Combat Drone?

Shock/Shields and Damage
Chain Lightning

EDIT: will pick Chain Lightning at Rank 6 after reading a little on Rockets. Still don't know what to pick at rank 5.

So, my old account is expired, but I can't renew it for some weird reason, so I made a new account. If anyone would like to play, my new Gamertag is Yeti Lumps.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Doesn't it get boring?

Kinda. Thinking I'll make the switch tomorrow. If anything I hate useless players so I'm scared randoms will frustrate me more on silver.

The 33K pack is incredibly good. Best thing you can buy. Maybe bought 3-4 packs and I got golds out of two of em. I hope this pack doesn't go away, lol. Probably a test by BioWare.

Did my first real gold match. Got wiped as the only person left with one more interface to activate, round 6. If I could have just cloaked I would have been fine, but I guess lag prevented it, and the Geth Hunter wanted to eat me. Not enough time left to circle around.

Overall team seemed to work pretty well, but they got overwhelmed here, and I don't think any of them used medi gel. Fuckers.

Definitely the Geth seem doable with good teamwork, but I could see Cerberus being the hardest actually. Those Phantoms fuck my shit up, worse than Banshees. Although Banshees plus foot soldiers is worse than everything.

Dresden

Did my first real gold match. Got wiped as the only person left with one more interface to activate, round 6. If I could have just cloaked I would have been fine, but I guess lag prevented it, and the Geth Hunter wanted to eat me. Not enough time left to circle around.

Overall team seemed to work pretty well, but they got overwhelmed here, and I don't think any of them used medi gel. Fuckers.

Definitely the Geth seem doable with good teamwork, but I could see Cerberus being the hardest actually. Those Phantoms fuck my shit up, worse than Banshees. Although Banshees plus foot soldiers is worse than everything.

I think Cerberus on Gold depends purely on whether you have an Asari adept (although most of my experience on that difficulty comes from the demo). If you have one, cool.

If you don't, well . . .

EatChildren

Gold is impossible with any lag. If I'm playing gold, I have to host. Otherwise it's just not happening.

On another not, what's up with the Ravagers? I know their sacks are their weakspot, but are they actually immune to damage in other parts? Because sometimes I'll hit them, while cloaked, with a widow round, enhanced with armour piercing, and it will do literally zero damage.

It happens often enough for me to notice.

exYle

Gold is impossible with any lag. If I'm playing gold, I have to host. Otherwise it's just not happening.

On another not, what's up with the Ravagers? I know their sacks are their weakspot, but are they actually immune to damage in other parts? Because sometimes I'll hit them, while cloaked, with a widow round, enhanced with armour piercing, and it will do literally zero damage.

It happens often enough for me to notice.

The sacs are the weak spots?! As in the bright orange ones that carry Swarmers?!
Every time I shoot them, they pop and do no damage to the Ravager. I've come to accept them as similar to the Guardian's shields.

Top Bottom